GUN Ban: Your Thoughts?

Dr. Lats

Awards
I'd imagine mostly everyone on this board is pro-gun...

What are your thoughts on gun control in America and how gun control has affected society in other areas?

Here's my answer:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h683MUlRfhc"]YouTube- 2nd Ammendment Debates[/ame]

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Looks like you're wearing a sweater, ahhahahaha that was great.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Nice purse gun... I mean, .22 cal is okay, if you were meaning to engage a turkey... ;)

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rq4S-ZxDqE4"]YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
Nice purse gun... I mean, .22 cal is okay, if you were meaning to engage a turkey... ;)

YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Iron Lungz again."

Thank goodness this isn't posted on AR15 or Lightfighter forums,..... you'd probably see a hundred posts alone concerning the trigger discipline on those hanguns....

:stooges:

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
wow lol whats up with the tiny guns?

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
I almost turned it off after seeing the poser A&F cowboy hat. I have no idea what any of that had to do with gun control. I dont think anyone is concerned with you and your bro's little guns...or your .22's. (is this where I say "gich"?)

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Agreed. My wife saw the video and laughed. :D
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Iron Lungz again."

Thank goodness this isn't posted on AR15 or Lightfighter forums,..... you'd probably see a hundred posts alone concerning the trigger discipline on those hanguns....

:stooges:

bigmoe65

bigmoe65

Banned
Awards
  • Established
My 10 year old shoots better then all of those guys put together. No joke. No wonder why people hate guns.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
.22 cal is for humming birds IL. .308 for turkey and squirel (tree rat).
I usually use a blow-gun for humming birds... wait, that sentence has a lot of homoerotic words in it. :blink:

benj851

benj851

Awards
  • Established
Its okay Iron everyone already knows... j/K
:)

slacker86

Awards
  • Established
for a long time i was very pro gun and i have always been around guns. I competed in skeet and then got invited out the OTC and made the junior olympic team for international skeet shooting. For a very long time i thought gun control was dumb and that everyone should have one and so on. And then i started looking at the actions thought processes and reasoning of people around me. I live right outside of boston and goto a state school, and i would argue that 99% of the people i come into contact with in my daily life are not responsible, intelligent, mature, or educated enough in firearms to properly own one. Now i FIRMLY want to keep my right to shoot and hunt and have fun (actually going to argentina for a hunting trip in january :) ), however unforunately this country has got to the point where the government has to protect the people in this country from themselves (much like the ban on anabolic steroids). And i wanna fight with them tooth and nail and tell them they are wrong, however they are kept proven right at almost every corner. People are sueing donut places because they spill coffee on themselves and it was hot and win the lawsuit. People get stabbed or beat in clubs all the time (at least up here). There is not a single day that goes by when im working in boston when i hear at least 10 cops rushing by, and due to the nature of my work over the summer we have a police scanner and its all for assault. At partys at umass (which i no longer attend because i dont drink and the amount of fights) there are always brawls.

I love guns, they are the best tools in the world. I would never give up my guns they would have to be sawed off of my cold dead hands. However since accountability and thinknig are no longer prevalent in american society anymore i do beleive the current gun control they have in place isnt a bad idea, again im from Mass so our standards are strict.

slacker86

Awards
  • Established
dont get me wrong u give anti-gun law makers an inch they will stretch it a mile, i always vote with gun control in mind. Sooo just to make the point i am pro gun, would never vote for gun control or anything liek that, however i can see the benefit in some instances.

dpfisher

I am so jealous of that little girl. I have better rifles than that one but they don't look that COOL!

country1911

country1911

Banned
Awards
In all honesty I think it is very scary when you actually look at the liberties we are losing as Americans. First the right to free speech, now the right to bear arms. What is next? Where do we draw the line? I am pro gun and a proud gun owner, but I am also pro liberty and a proud American.

It has been proven that CCW laws have reduced the crime rate more than more gun laws. The reason for this is that you are allowing LAW ABIDING citizens to have guns. When you ban them, the only people who suffer are the same LAW ABIDING citizens. Criminals will find a way to acquire their firearms, much the same way they do now. The difference is that Joe Citizen will not be able to defend himself or his family.

Remember when seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

Lacradocious

Lacradocious

Awards
  • Established
So are the Russians teaching there youth the merits of high caliber firearms? In the middle of the city no less? When I was that girl's age I would been stoked to get a demo of that thing. Especially by a soldier in full regalia including ski mask.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I still keep thinking about buying one, but I almost always only see the short barrel variation on the dragunov, not the full length original.

Theres some great potential captions for that picture :D

Dr. Lats

Awards
Yes, that is me in the $10 cowboy hat. Haha.

I understand the viewpoints of some of the people that are for gun control...I think their intentions are good...Someone posted above that 'if you give them an inch, they'll take it a mile,' which I think it very true in this situation.

The problem with a gun ban is that most of the good guys will give them up, while the bad guys will keep em.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Since 1929 there has been 1 legally owned automatic weapon used in a crime.

dpfisher

I still keep thinking about buying one, but I almost always only see the short barrel variation on the dragunov, not the full length original.
Aren't real ones like $4000 or something completely dumb for what it is? For that kind of money you could get an AR-10 SASS with ACOG scope, which would be better in essentially every way except looks. And have enough left over for a crate of ammo.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
lol read neck talk gonig on in here

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
Aren't real ones like $4000 or something completely dumb for what it is? For that kind of money you could get an AR-10 SASS with ACOG scope, which would be better in essentially every way except looks. And have enough left over for a crate of ammo.
Yea you can find the 7.62X54R variants for around $3000, and the Chinese .308s for around the same, if not a little more.

The "short" variant Easy is referring to is the tiger model.

But like DP said, for the $$ there are many better choices, as I can rig out an FAL, AR based, or M1a rifle for that much.

...i'll still take my Camp Perry 03' any day over the above for distance. :veryhappy:

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Are you serious? What about semi-automatics?
oh tons of semi autos. Still to date more crimes are committed with (gasp) 38 special revolvers than any other gun.

But the point is why is there all the hoopla and uproar over people who pass a background check owning whatever the hell they want when those aren't the people committing crimes? And there are already laws on the books against the ownership of guns by felons, etc.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yea you can find the 7.62X54R variants for around $3000, and the Chinese .308s for around the same, if not a little more.

The "short" variant Easy is referring to is the tiger model.

But like DP said, for the $$ there are many better choices, as I can rig out an FAL, AR based, or M1a rifle for that much.

...i'll still take my Camp Perry 03' any day over the above for distance. :veryhappy:
Yeah, the Tigers are all over the place, i saw one as low as maybe 900 at one point used without the original scope. the original issue scope is cool too, the dual IR/UV detecting. Not night vision, but has LEDs in it so that if you are scanning an area and hit a point where someone else is using night vision, you'll get a blip :) so ever if you can't see them you could shoot at them and likely at least force them to move.

My interest in them is really just for the look, and history rather than practicality for their price.

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, the Tigers are all over the place, i saw one as low as maybe 900 at one point used without the original scope. the original issue scope is cool too, the dual IR/UV detecting. Not night vision, but has LEDs in it so that if you are scanning an area and hit a point where someone else is using night vision, you'll get a blip :) so ever if you can't see them you could shoot at them and likely at least force them to move.

My interest in them is really just for the look, and history rather than practicality for their price.
At that point you could modify out one of the rommy varients for around $700-900. They sell them in both 7.62x54r and .308. Obviously they re not of the exact quality and the magwell/bolt group construction is different, but they are pretty solid. I saw a guy over at AR a while back that dipped the stock in red finish, and put a draggy stock on it,... it looked bad@ss.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
At that point you could modify out one of the rommy varients for around $700-900. They sell them in both 7.62x54r and .308. Obviously they re not of the exact quality and the magwell/bolt group construction is different, but they are pretty solid. I saw a guy over at AR a while back that dipped the stock in red finish, and put a draggy stock on it,... it looked bad@ss.
yeah, I had pondered that as well. Instead I got a nice savage 223 instead as all things told it fit what I needed better, and for around $600

but without the silencer but a full bull barrell, and those stocks in black. Probably would outshoot a dragunov tiger

Caferacer

Caferacer

Awards
  • Established
My thoughts on a gun ban? Ima gonna need to buy more ammo :D

Just got my second pistol about a week ago. Now I need a rifle.

Attachments

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
yeah, I had pondered that as well. Instead I got a nice savage 223 instead as all things told it fit what I needed better, and for around $600

but without the silencer but a full bull barrell, and those stocks in black. Probably would outshoot a dragunov tiger
A 7.62x 54r or 7.62x 51mm will outshoot a .223/5.56 anyday, in terms of terminal ballistics and distance. The barrel is the biggest factor for affecting any of the above (besides ammo of course). From what i have heard, Savage makes pretty good guns so if the barrel is good enough, I could see it having some good accuracy, esp for the $$$. But dont expect consistent 1000 meter shots with it. On the other hand, with the short barrel of the tiger, who knows what to expect with it, lol. Thats why I think a short barrel on a 7.62 caliber rifle is utterly stupid, if the rifle is designated as a marksman only rifle.

If you are looking for some good long distance shooters, w/o paying an arm and leg, I would look at either 1903 springfield or a mauser kar98 action. Get one with a good bore, get a g-smith to recrown it, and mount a good scope on it, and you got you a long range tack driver for around a $1000.

Im a 03' nut.

~1903, rechambered for .308, fajen glass bedded stock, Douglas barrel, timney trigger. Ive hit targets out to 1,000 yds with the gun.