Douchebags at the gym... - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 9

Douchebags at the gym...

Page 9 of 273 First ... 4789101114 ... Last
  1. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  232 lbs.

Tonight... Some god damn tall skinny ass vanilla gorilla and his little troll of a girlfriend were stumbling all over each other. ****ing around, checking her fat ass in the mirror and grabbing her tits, him bent over on top of her. Finally after minutes of this she got on the stair climber. Course then he'd sit the next to her and ****ing flirt...

He finally walks over to the weight section and I **** you not. Less than 3 minutes go by and the ****ing troll comes a hop-skipping-and-a-jumping her ugly ass over to him. They grope for another minute or two. She looks at her fat ass in the mirror 5-6 times and I'm thinking "no bitch, flirting with your bean pole bf and walking 10 steps is not making that go away and even if it did? You're one ugly mother ****er any so don't waste your time". Then they proceed to walk back to the cardio area and hop on stair climbers right next to each other. Thank ****ING god my work out was over cause I seriously wanted to smash both of them in the face with a 45#.

This is the gym, not the ****ing bar!!!

/crosses legs and meditates

ahh much better

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  152 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizmal View Post
    Tonight... Some god damn tall skinny ass vanilla gorilla and his little troll of a girlfriend were stumbling all over each other.
    haha we all have the kids with annoying ugly girlfriends. i had a kid come up and ask to get a set in on the squat rack, and i let him have it and he takes off the weight except for about 50 lbs and does like 10 reps as slow as possible while his gf came over and talked to me. wtf. i was just like , your bf will be done sooner or later. then he gets done, comes back over to me, and hes like sorry, couldnt keep the bitc**s away. i was just shaking my head.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  173 lbs.

Hmm, the gym can always be an opportunity to witness all types of douchery take place. "Douchery" can have general across-the-board application, but ultimately its a subjective term, for all i know ive come across as a douche to someone somehow, even though I consider myself to be respectful/respectable while at the gym in terms of my habits and behavior, hope not though. We can all agree that awkward or inappropriate forward behavior, or interrupting or disrupting sets etc is whack as ****, but what i find to be equally whack is people that go above n beyond to be unfriendly to you- such as when you simply n respectfully nod to acknowledge another human being making eye contact with you as u pass by to the drinking fountain, n they mean mug you. Doesnt happen much but all i know is im happy when at the gym even if im feeling intense, its my "happy place" where i choose to spend quality time, I feel like other ppl there are my brethren cuz theyre doin the same (ideally), so why act like a disgruntled lil bitch to others? Somtimes douche bag behavior provides a good laugh internally though, eveything in the world can serve a purpose somehow, even douchery...it reminds how NOT to act
    Last edited by Dcell22; 04-04-2010 at 01:25 AM. Reason: typo
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  215 lbs.

Just found this thread...
    My two biggest pet peeves at my gym have to be guys who wear hats to the gym, there really isnt any need in my opinion, especially since the workouts they do aren't "hardcore". Another one are the kids at my gym that halfass it on the squat or bench and claim they got a great workout in. I wouldn't have any problem if they did it with full ROM but they go a quarter of the way down and back up, why even unrack the bar?
    Thats what I get for going to a "health club" instead of a real gym I guess.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  238 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick3d View Post
    Just found this thread...
    My two biggest pet peeves at my gym have to be guys who wear hats to the gym, there really isnt any need in my opinion, especially since the workouts they do aren't "hardcore".
    Thats what I get for going to a "health club" instead of a real gym I guess.
    It keeps the heat in during winter and the sweat out of your eyes during summer. Also good if you go to a fitness gym which has stupid huge skylights
    and the suns in your face. Not sure why a hat makes you hardcore anyway...unless its an old hockey mask dripping blood, a viking helmet or a sweet knights helm. Probably not though.
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

I wear a hat solely to keep the sweat out of my eyes, if it makes me look like a douche... well, I'm a douche without sweat in my eyes
  7. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGDm3SeU1ZI&feature=re lated"]YouTube- How Not To Work Out, Part 3[/nomedia]

That guy has some funny videos

8. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  197 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowFury View Post
    I wear a hat solely to keep the sweat out of my eyes, if it makes me look like a douche... well, I'm a douche without sweat in my eyes
    Same here, also down low keeps the douche away!

LOL at people on here saying they dont notice any douchery at the gym! I train pretty hard too and in between sets, yep i look around, is entertaining!

Those gloves that double as straps that go up the arm 3/4 (or just gloves, sorry, dont dig em!)
    dancers
    Blue tooth
    under armor
    bosu ball things

Dude suffering from ILS (Invisible Lat syndrome) carrying invisible watermellons

People that stare
    mirror gazers
    talkers
    machine hoarders
    half reppers
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  260 lbs.

Why do people carry a 75 pound bench, but it right in front of the dumbbell rack, so they can do 30 lb flys?
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  285 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Boatcop1 View Post
    Same here, also down low keeps the douche away!

LOL at people on here saying they dont notice any douchery at the gym! I train pretty hard too and in between sets, yep i look around, is entertaining!

Those gloves that double as straps that go up the arm 3/4 (or just gloves, sorry, dont dig em!)
    dancers
    Blue tooth
    under armor

under armor? Really - I'd rather have everyone wear it and not have that nasty sweat left on every bench. Bleh. Sweaty bastards all over my gym always dripping on sh!t.
  11. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

My hat is under armor, works a lot better than a regular hat (and I'd hate to mess up my UGA hat with sweatyness).

Fortunately for me, the YMCA just has a lot of old people and the random nerd or gay kid, so they all wipe it down, sanitize, polish, and generally leave the benches clean
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  180 lbs.

OMG theres this one fat a$$ old mutha fukcer with titties that thinks hes the strongest guy in the gym with his god awful form. Homie thinks he tough sh!t swingin up 135 a few times in the squat rack. Of course he grunts loud as hell.

I just wanna be like "Yo bro, your form is sh!t. You look like sh!t. Get surgery on your obvious hideous drooping man-tits. Shut the fukc up. You fat fukc. I hate you and never come to the gym again."
  13. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Nah, I got ya all beat.
    We just got new equipment in so our gym is actually pretty nice now.

Do you have ANY idea what a small enclosed gym full of Afghans that havnt takn a shower in weeks sweatn their arses off smells like !?!?

14. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.

wow, i actually just sat here and read all 12 pages of this! quality stuff. i'm loling at my desk.

here's another example of d-baggery...

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBsNMzFiV2s&NR=1"]YouTube- Weightlifting Idiot[/nomedia]
  15. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  180 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by djrodimus View Post
    wow, i actually just sat here and read all 12 pages of this! quality stuff. i'm loling at my desk.

YouTube- Weightlifting Idiot
    LMFAO WOWWWWWWW LOL
  16. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.

future ballys trainer

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LG06IpyIufg&feature=pl ayer_embedded"]YouTube- Exercise Ball Idiot[/nomedia]
  17. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

future ballys trainer

YouTube- Exercise Ball Idiot
    I don't think she'll be ANYTHING in the future if she keeps doing stunts like that :P

So, today, this guy that looks at any male(like, gay-I'm-gonna-git-you look) comes into the free weights area to do his 5 lb curls and such. We have this thing: (t-Bar) in front of a mirror (the mirror with the DB rack). I load up my weight for my last set and as I get it in the air, the pedo-looking dude gets right in front of me, grabs the 50s or 60s, and starts doing what could be mistaken for a shrug. I always make sure my form is good on T bars(especially since it's not the one where you basically lie on a pad), and this douche just walks up and starts doing whatever the hell he calls those things directly in front of me. He could have taken half a step to the side and I wouldn't have cared, but no. So I slammed it all down and stared at him until he finished and left the free weights area. Probably sounds stupid, but it seriously pissed me off.
  18. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.

This morning a I was doing hammer curls and a DOUCHE that came after I was there was like "yo bro, move outta the way man, I need to see my self and make sure my form is right" with a sidwayz DC hat (flat brim) and ice in his ears. what a *** !
    Then he seriously did 10 reps MAYBE and left, UGHHH
  19. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanboy View Post
    This morning a I was doing hammer curls and a DOUCHE that came after I was there was like "yo bro, move outta the way man, I need to see my self and make sure my form is right" with a sidwayz DC hat (flat brim) and ice in his ears. what a *** !

lol
  20. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanboy View Post
    wow, man... just wondering if he was bigger then you?

cuz if not i would have told him to pissoff
  21. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"   lbs.

The wannabe MMA guys wearing the skullkap when it is 90 degrees outside,and in between sets they shadow box in the mirrors for everyone to see. Or the classic D-BAg in the gym you only see two,or three times a week walking around like a gorilla(like he owns the place)only to do the same routine...chest,bi's,and tri's.
  22. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.

YouTube- Weightlifting Idiot
    All right, who was filming me while I was lifting? This was supposed to be my finest hour!!!1
  23. SBT
    Stats
    5'5"  145 lbs.

this thread just totally cracked me up too!!

ALL too true!
  24. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  174 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by airram479 View Post
    The wannabe MMA guys wearing the skullkap when it is 90 degrees outside,and in between sets they shadow box in the mirrors for everyone to see. Or the classic D-BAg in the gym you only see two,or three times a week walking around like a gorilla(like he owns the place)only to do the same routine...chest,bi's,and tri's..
    Haha i won't lie i could be called guilty on shadow boxing in the mirrors at the gym. Granted i'm more legit than half the guys i see do it, considering i've done Muay Thai now for over 5 years.
  25. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by PrepNwa23 View Post
    Haha i won't lie i could be called guilty on shadow boxing in the mirrors at the gym. Granted i'm more legit than half the guys i see do it, considering i've done Muay Thai now for over 5 years.
    I'm sure though your shadow boxing is a little more legitimate looking than the shoulder leading upper cuts that every bro throws after a set of dumbbell curls.
  26. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  180 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by toughchick401 View Post
    My gym seems to be loaded lately with people, today was girl riding bike, txting every 3-4 seconds............kinda made me giggle
    im guilty of this...but like on a bike when your doin cooldown and the lady texts you to see how you are...i mean...why not answer
  27. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"   lbs.

There was this kid in the gym this morning trying to be cool thinking he could bench 120lb db's...the dude weighed maybe 140 soaking wet...anyways i am saying to myself"this is gonna be interesting"he could barely lift one at a time,then he sat there for about five minutes trying to budge those things......hilarious,i thought this kid was going to have a hernia trying to move them.
  28. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.

There was this kid in the gym this morning trying to be cool thinking he could bench 120lb db's...the dude weighed maybe 140 soaking wet...anyways i am saying to myself"this is gonna be interesting"he could barely lift one at a time,then he sat there for about five minutes trying to budge those things......hilarious,i thought this kid was going to have a hernia trying to move them.
    Oh snaps i saw that the other day lol i was reppinng 110lbs on db bench when this older guy with his wife or gf idk sees me and tries to go for the 120lbs.. He almost ripped his shoulders out of his sockets i lol'd so hard his wife was all worried lol.. He could barley lift those ****ers of the rack wtf these people think damn ****ing fail
  29. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  232 lbs.

I see a d-bag MMA looking guy wearing a hat in the mornings all the time and this ****er isn't even breaking a sweat. Not even a drop. He rents a persoanl trainer and as far as I can tell hasn't developed much at all in the last 3 months...

He looks exactly like that one ****y tool with white hair on Ultimate fighter a few seasons back that threw **** in the pool, almost got kicked off the show and cried like a puss when he got drunk.
  30. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  285 lbs.

Last night I was in the gym and this kid kept bothering me for a spot. Pretty much on every set. He was doing alternating DB "curls" by standing against the wall (like starting strict curls) and then bridging while popping his hips and throwing his shoulder and then he'd curl it once his elbow was at shoulder height.

He could do 1-2 by himself and then he wanted a "spot" to get to 11. *sigh*

Oh, and they were 25lb dbs.
  31. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by GSMachinist View Post
    Oh snaps i saw that the other day lol i was reppinng 110lbs on db bench when this older guy with his wife or gf idk sees me and tries to go for the 120lbs.. He almost ripped his shoulders out of his sockets i lol'd so hard his wife was all worried lol.. He could barley lift those ****ers of the rack wtf these people think damn ****ing fail
    EGO!
  32. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Doogsy123 View Post
    There's these 3 Chinese guys at my gym that hog the smith machine and take turns to do countless sets of 120lbs BP.

Also anyone that uses a bosu ball - One douche stands on it to do DB curls.
    I agree, I saw some personal trainer doing dumbell curls on a bosu ball and kept looking around the gym after each set like he was tough ****. It's like, buddy, this may make it harder to do curls but the same way spinning a plate with your feet while curling makes it harder. Neiher one will result in bigger biceps.
  33. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  250 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by GSMachinist View Post
    This happens to often at one of the gyms I goto. F'en DBags and there EGOs!

Workout for your self Ass.
    Arnold Classic: 2009 - 2014
    Comments by this person are their own personal opinion and should be taken as that. Unless quoted from a different source.
  34. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"   lbs.

PT's who are out of shape giving advice to others looking to be in shape...those are some d-bags.
  35. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

The wannabe MMA guys wearing the skullkap when it is 90 degrees outside,and in between sets they shadow box in the mirrors for everyone to see. Or the classic D-BAg in the gym you only see two,or three times a week walking around like a gorilla(like he owns the place)only to do the same routine...chest,bi's,and tri's.
    I seen that b*tch this morning. Big upper body, chicken legs. D@mn shame.
  36. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  197 lbs.

ok you guys wont believe me but its TRUE
    was at a local gym today with a bud of mine who knows the owner.
    there was about 10 pretty good sized guys there, who were using equipment right, using good form, and nobody doing retarded anything. honest!!
  37. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by urbanski View Post
    there was about 10 pretty good sized guys there, who were using equipment right, using good form, and nobody doing retarded anything. honest!!
    Sorry I just can't picture it.
  38. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  232 lbs.

Sounds like some surreal dream world I can only hope to experience for myself one day
  39. Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by urbanski View Post
    Yeah, we believe you.
  40. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

He's clearly lying. It just doesn't happen...perfection doesn't exist on earth O_O
  •