Page 8 of 278 First ... 367891013 ... Last
  1. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  197 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.72%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

well at least i dont have to work too hard racking the weights on things i want to use. guys benching 90, 90lbs on the leg press, dimes on the bar for squat rack curls.that's all pretty easy to clean up lol

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.21%

Yeah my gym isn't full with people who can lift, it's mostly just kids who use too much weight and full of back-archers. Nothing too hectic to clean up.
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.79%

How about the rednecks that wear jeans to the gym. Sometimes with their workboots as well. Dont forget the camo hat too.

Then theres the over-sweat guys. They wear everything "sweat". Sweat shirts, sweat pants, hoodies, dont forget the beanie. I guess their covering that roid gut.
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  197 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.72%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

saw some skinny dude today complexing on every machine they had...he'd hop from machine to machine all down the row, then walk to the pull up bar and do a few whole body momentum pull ups....then walk around the gym again back to the machine row. hilarious. not much else too interesting....some skinny fat guys doing whole body momentum "rows" on the smith, fat guy quarter squatting, the usual stuff.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.5%

Quote Originally Posted by BigNutz View Post
    How about the rednecks that wear jeans to the gym.
    I'll never understand this. Why the HELL would you work out in jeans!?
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.79%

Quote Originally Posted by buuzer0 View Post
    I'll never understand this. Why the HELL would you work out in jeans!?
    Shorts arent tough enough. Unless, of course, they are jean shorts. LOL.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.91%

What about a jean vest?
  8. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.38%

today at the gym, i was cold blooded and god damn proud of it.

AFter i do lunges, I superset it with Lying leg curls. So i had just finished my set of lunges and had to run to the lying leg curls machine.

An old lady got to the machine before me and she was trying to adjust the height of it, but she wasn't able to twist the handle because i initially overtightened it (specifically so annoying brats can't use it while i am trying to superset). Due to that, she was trying to ask me to help her adjust it (i presume, since she tried to talk to me) but i had my headphones on and ignored her. So she had to just go off and do something else and I got the machine.
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.28%
    Achievements Posting Pro

So here is my rant:

1. My gym is two floors. First floor being basketball courts, raquetball courts, swimming pool, hot tub, sauna, and the aerobics studio. The second floor is where all the real work gets done, aka weights. Well I get off work at 5:00 everyday and by the time I get the gym and change, the aerobics class is going on. So the trainer who teaches these trophy wives taking this god forsaken aerobics class, finds it in her infinite, tri-somy 21 filled wisdom, imperative to have her class constantly running up and down THE ONLY set of stairs up to the second floor. So I constantly have to wait until I am mad enough to just plow through about fifty middle-aged, botox-filled, spooge receptacles so I can start my workout. Nevermind the point that there are several stair climbers and treadmills upstairs. My rage builds even now as I type this.

2. There is this old guy at my gym who looks like an aged Dwight Shrute. I get the "I used to play high school football and never moved on syndrome" from him. Basically, if you are around him and you are lifting more than him, he takes it as an assault on his manhood and he just gets pissed and gets a heavier weight than me. A classic "one-upper". I just want to give him the Uncle Rico speech, "If coach had only put me in".

3. I will paint you a picture. I walk into the locker room and turn right to head to my locker. Up ahead, where the mirrors and sinks are located I see Gary. Gary is a friend of a friend of a friend kind of guy. Weird doesn't do him justice. Before I can react, my eyes take it all in. He has one leg hiked up on the couter, one hand brushing his hair, and one hand holding a hair dryer. It was bad for three reasons: he was naked, the hair dryer was being used on his balls and hot his head, and I had no chance to be prepared for this assault on my corneas. Gary had more hair than a wookie. From his chest pubes to his ballfro, it was wookie-esque. I can't even exactly say I saw him naked per se. It was like he was wearing a tangled, dirty, wooly sweater that covered all of him. If you look like this, DO NOT become naked in public....ever.
  10. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.5%

bikeswimlive... sorry for your pain, especially in #3. What has been seen... cannot be unseen. I'm so glad that my gym is a small 24 hour place with no locker room, just 2 bathrooms and 2 bathroom/shower rooms, and 2 tanning rooms, so if people need to change they are out of eyesight of other people.
  11. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  248 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.05%

When i worked in a well known chain gym here in the uk one guy used to trim his pubes in the sink and not clean it after. also, many's a time i walked in on guys applying fake tan on each other's backs. I really was one bad day away from a jail sentence in that place i tells ya
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.91%

Another thing that gets to me is this. My gym has two levels with the cardio machines on the second floor. But they have like 6 various cardio machines on the first floor for disabled/handicap people. What irritates the **** out of me just out of principle is that there are always being used by non handicap lazy A-holes who are just too lazy to walk to up some stairs before ironically using a stair stepper. I mean what if some handicap person wants to use it but is too shy or something? Just pisses me off.

Also another girl set her stuff on the bench I wanted to use and did front raises and curls for 20 mins next to it with 5 lbs.
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.07%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Before I found my place in this gym, I went around checking other ones out. I went to a family fitness center one time with a buddy of mine. This one is where most high schoolers and soccer moms go.

Well anyway I was on the bench right infront of the dumbells and all, just got done with a set and you would never guess what i saw.

A chinese guy, mid 20's walks into the gym nearly formally dressed. He goes into the corner next to the dumbells, where the two mirrors on the walls meet. He picks up a 15 pound weight. Curls it 6 times with his right. Sets it down. Makes faces, flexes his arms, picks the weight back up. 5 times with his left, does body builder poses, walks out the gym.

It's safe to say me and my buddy where laughing out asses off, and its also safe to say we never stepped foot in that gym again.

Where do people get this crap from?
  14. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.12%

I like wearing my beanie in the gym.
  15. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.5%

Quote Originally Posted by rambo679 View Post

Also another girl set her stuff on the bench I wanted to use and did front raises and curls for 20 mins next to it with 5 lbs.
    Girl or not, pick her sh*t up next time and put it on the floor.. I've done it. Who gives a f*ck if some nice piece of a** thinks she can do what she wants. NOT AT THE GYM sweety !!!

And something that really pissed me off last week, this guy is there working out with 4 or 5 of his friends and from the reflection in the mirror I can see him making gestures and mimicking my form doing over triceps extension with a DB (100 lbs) .. He's being a smart a** to his friends gesturing that my form is bad and laughing bc my elbows are at a 45 deg angle in relation to my head.. I've got shoulder problems so it's painful to pin my elbows in right next to my head. So this guy is pissing me off and I'm not a pro-fighter so I know I can't take on 5-6 guys without getting my sh*t handed to me.. I walk back to the rack instead, this time grabbing the 120 lbs DB and with perfect form I rep out a set of 12 with my elbows pinned to my ears... The entire time I'm making eye contact with this guy, and mouthing "F*CK YOU" with a mean look on my face... he decided to leave the area...
  16. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.91%

Quote Originally Posted by EustisPanther View Post
    Girl or not, pick her sh*t up next time and put it on the floor.. I've done it. Who gives a f*ck if some nice piece of a** thinks she can do what she wants. NOT AT THE GYM sweety !!!

And something that really pissed me off last week, this guy is there working out with 4 or 5 of his friends and from the reflection in the mirror I can see him making gestures and mimicking my form doing over triceps extension with a DB (100 lbs) .. He's being a smart a** to his friends gesturing that my form is bad and laughing bc my elbows are at a 45 deg angle in relation to my head.. I've got shoulder problems so it's painful to pin my elbows in right next to my head. So this guy is pissing me off and I'm not a pro-fighter so I know I can't take on 5-6 guys without getting my sh*t handed to me.. I walk back to the rack instead, this time grabbing the 120 lbs DB and with perfect form I rep out a set of 12 with my elbows pinned to my ears... The entire time I'm making eye contact with this guy, and mouthing "F*CK YOU" with a mean look on my face... he decided to leave the area...
    I wish she was a piece of ass, replace "piece of" with "lard" and it becomes even worse.
  17. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.5%

At the Gold's I lift at when I'm back down in FL on break from school there's and old pro wrestler...

You'll know him as "Mr. AS*" or Bad A** Billy Gunn.. Well he's a monster 6'6" + and 275 lbs jacked...

he grunts and makes all sorts of noise lifting tiny weights, like 20 lbs DB's for curls, but he's cool about it.. people will joke.. "hey, billy can I use that when you're done, my girlfriend needs the 20"
    One day I saw him jump up on a bench after his lift, start dancing around and acting like he was surfing a wave.. now anyone else and I would think... WoW.. D-Bag.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.07%
    Achievements Posting Pro

At the Gold's I lift at when I'm back down in FL on break from school there's and old pro wrestler...

You'll know him as "Mr. AS*" or Bad A** Billy Gunn.. Well he's a monster 6'6" + and 275 lbs jacked...

he grunts and makes all sorts of noise lifting tiny weights, like 20 lbs DB's for curls, but he's cool about it.. people will joke.. "hey, billy can I use that when you're done, my girlfriend needs the 20"
    One day I saw him jump up on a bench after his lift, start dancing around and acting like he was surfing a wave.. now anyone else and I would think... WoW.. D-Bag.
    Wouldn't be the Golds gym In the Daytona area would it?

And my favorite thing to see when i walk into my gym, personal training. This means my gym owner Linda, Is bored out of her mind watching these 50 lbs women lift 2 pounds of weight all day. She even follows them around with a fan so they dont sweat...
  19. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.5%

Quote Originally Posted by BigBeazy View Post
    Wouldn't be the Golds gym In the Daytona area would it?

And my favorite thing to see when i walk into my gym, personal training. This means my gym owner Linda, Is bored out of her mind watching these 50 lbs women lift 2 pounds of weight all day. She even follows them around with a fan so they dont sweat...
    Close, about 30 minutes away in Mt. Dora. He lives near that gym, but he still wrestles part time for TNA so I'm sure her's traveling around a lot for them.
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.07%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Was about to say I live in that area, hit me up when your down so we can lift!!
  21. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.5%

Was about to say I live in that area, hit me up when your down so we can lift!!
    I'll p.m. you my number or something, I'll actually be down in Mt. Dora next weekend visiting friends and family.
  22. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.38%

Quote Originally Posted by buuzer0 View Post
    Trainers annoy me when they occupy a bench or station with themselves or towels or whatever while the trainee is on a completely different nearby machine. Get the hell out of the way you aren't doing ****, go spot your customer instead of sitting on your ass watching them.

Also, dumbell hoarders.

fukn oath bro.

I hate trainers who do that.... so ****ing annoying. Dumbell hoarders piss me off as well... especially during peak time (which is when i sometimes contemplate punching them in the face)
  23. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.28%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I saw a 45+ year old guy doing curls in the squat rack with the bar. O and did I mention he was wearing an Affliction t-shirt? If he could define douche anymore he would have had it written on him somewhere...
  24. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.5%

Quote Originally Posted by bikeswimlive View Post
    I saw a 45+ year old guy doing curls in the squat rack with the bar. O and did I mention he was wearing an Affliction t-shirt? If he could define douche anymore he would have had it written on him somewhere...
    Affliction / Ed Hardy... Interchangeable with the word Douche-Bag
  25. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.23%

Affliction / Ed Hardy... Interchangeable with the word Douche-Bag
    What?! Ed Hardy shirts aren't cool? What's not cool about a tiger f****ing a dragon with a snake all while riding a skateboard lol
  26. New Member
    Stats
    6'4"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.75%

How about the guys you see that you think are jacked and then they finally come in wearing shorts and not sweats... and you notice that their thighs are the same size as their forearms...

Also, as mentioned before, backwards hats while lifting.
  27. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  238 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.36%

I don't pay attention to anyone in the gym when I am lifting unless they are in the squat rack or using something I need then I let them know I am working in between their sets whether they like it or not. Whotf cares what someone is wearing, it shows your not concentrating on your workout enough.
    What bugs me is when I am at a small gym I sometimes have to use and some woman or skinny marathon runner is angry because I am using all the 45's the useless gym has to offer and they want 2 for the leg press....I say take em in between sets
    when I am not using them...and they throw a hissy fit..to which I laugh suggest they do some squats and keep working out.
  28. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  152 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.46%

I LOVE it when skinny little f***s do like a set of crunches and then lift up their shirt while they walk around on their chicken legs looking for who knows what. A male companion maybe?
  29. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.24%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

that was prolly just Randy Couture warming up. He probably left afterwards to look for a door frame so he could set up his own gym.
    SFW and GFH
  30. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.28%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Inarius View Post
    that was prolly just Randy Couture warming up. He probably left afterwards to look for a door frame so he could set up his own gym.
    YOU GOTTA DOOR? YOU GOTTA GYM!
  31. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.07%
    Achievements Posting Pro

With Pattented Randy Coulture moves, LIKE THE BEST, THE LION, THE FREAK!!!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/164485-big-beazy-aps-3.html
  32. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.28%
    Achievements Posting Pro

With Pattented Randy Coulture moves, LIKE THE BEST, THE LION, THE FREAK!!!
    AND THE DEMON!
  33. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.07%
    Achievements Posting Pro

WITH SCIENTIFIC MUSCLE BLASTING MOVES CREATED FROM YOUR FAVORITE STARS: GARY COLEMAN'S PLYOMETRIX, KIM KARDASHIAN'S BOOTY BLASTER, AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST THE SITUATION'S AB WORK OUT!!!

DONT STOP, DONT DELAY, GET YOUR BODY TRANSFORMED TODAY!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/164485-big-beazy-aps-3.html
  34. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.28%
    Achievements Posting Pro

NOT ONLY IS IT CHEAPER THAN A BOWFLEX, IT IS JUST AS INEFFECTIVE!
  35. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.24%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

see now aren't you guys sorry for picking on randy couture doing curls in your gym? he could have invited you to his gym so you could do that sweet workout with him.... you guys are missing out.
    SFW and GFH
  36. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.04%

LET'S GO PRINCESS!!!!!!!!
  37. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.28%
    Achievements Posting Pro

THIS:

+

=

38. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  238 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.36%

Holy ****e I thought you guys were referencing a mockumercial or something..then I looked up the vid...lmao@the squats..!!!!
  39. dpfisher

Is that heaven's company gym? It looks too well stocked to be a normal gym.
  40. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.58%

Quote Originally Posted by Vance View Post
    Every gym has at least one.

At my gym he is one of these; that (Fat, lonely looking) dude who you made the mistake of acknowledging once as you walked past him (Another common mistake is trying to help someone with their form before they end up in a wheel-chair who ends up being one of these) who now just has to come up and give it the "WAZZZZZZZZZZUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP!? !?!?!?!" when you're on the last 2 reps of a power set.

Or wants to come over and dribble **** about how his (Probably imaginary or inflatable) girlfriend is giving him the ****s while you're in the zone because you nodded at him once so obviously you care. Regardless of how many hints you drop the only way to get rid of this guy is to be as blunt as possible.

So one of those episodes got me to wondering what the douchebags at your gym do to annoy/amuse you guys..?

Could be good for a laugh.
    There was this weird physco guy who went to our gym for awhile, he would walk on a fully inclined treadmill in huge worn out carhart boots, with a fleece jacket and big work gloves, and he would shout random gibberish at the top of his lungs at random intervals. stuff like "they're coming for us"...You think I'm kidding...

Another guy is this annoying senile guy who has ****ty ass form on everything and sometimes takes up like 4 pieces of equipment at once doing like circuit training, but not quick circuits.

Every gym has the kids who hog the Bench press every workout, I have those too

The guys who use the squat rack for EVERYTHING. You don't need to do curls in the squat rack, especially since our gym only has ONE.

Biceps dude (as I call him), He trains bi's endlessly every workout.

Tank 1 and 2:
    1: Was pretty bulky and BRUTALLY strong, but recently he lost a lot of size and a TON of strength, I think he came off a real suppressive cycle or something

2: 7 feet tall, massive everything probably at least 240 lb, I want him on my side. But he lifts hardly anything, 135 for rows, 90 lb dumbells for bench... I don't even...

There is also this creepy pedo guy who takes his shirt off and does sweaty yoga on the mats people use for warmups and stuff...

/rant

There are some cool people at my gym though, but that isn't for this thread I guess.