Douchebags at the gym...

Page 7 of 272 First ... 25678912 ... Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  260 lbs.
    Answers

nothin wrong with a cheat meal once a week. I love me some pizza after a good workout.
    SFW and GFH

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  201 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by country1911 View Post
    How about fatties who think that doing tricep extensions and db curls like their trainer told them will result in massive weight loss? Those people drive me nuts. Or the guy behind the counter eating PIZZA and drinking a Mt Dew? I want to kick that guy in the face. Especialy when I havent had a carb in a week.

One day I came into the gym and they were handing out cake.... let me repeat that, they were handing out FCUKING CAKE. I swear they want you to be fat, like it increases their profit margin or something.
    A-f'in-men brother. Dumbest sh1t I've seen all year. A box of nondescript donuts indelibly perched atop a c0cktail,(<< nothing dirty or offensive about this word btw), height table, not three feet from the low-impact cardio equipment and motivational fitness poster. Irony abounds.

...And Smith Machine spot requests. Like, seriously dude?!?
  3. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.
    Answers

what about those lard farmers that need spotters to do walking lunges?

Or use leaking sand-filled dumbells?

or have mad gay obsessions with guys sporting oversized lats?

Fkg fruitcakes!
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  171 lbs.
    Answers

ya i agree every gym has them and they all just piss me off.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Answers

we're all douchebags to someone else.
  6. Banned
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Hardnutcheck View Post
    You're probably right. Like I am the douchebag who keeps getting in the way while these trainers have clients standing next to a bench doing arm curls/tricep presses...

I saw a guy yesterday ask a trainer if they were using a bench, which they obviously were not, and before the trainer could answer another guy said "hell they are hardly using the weight they got." I LOL'd...
  7. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Hardnutcheck View Post
    true indeed...

This one guy at my gym that come in for 15mins tops...does one exercise for about 5mins and then stares at himself in the mirror for the rest of the time...sheit cracks me up...
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  229 lbs.
    Answers

Had a kid who was (badly) attempting vertical rows next to me doing cable high rows (Somehow managing to get his back moving ~60 degrees his form was so bad) with a 40lb bar telling me that vertical rows are better for building upper back muscles than the 260lb high rows I was doing - immediately after 5 sets of db rows with 110lb dbs.

I gave him the, "WTF" eyebrow raise before shaking my head and popping my headphones back in. Wasn't even worth my time.

Douchebag.
  9. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.
    Answers

NotBigs . . .
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jakellpet View Post
    NotBigs . . .

Werd ...........Get outta here Jake.......
  11. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
    Werd ...........Get outta here Jake.......
    7lbs WhiteSnake . . . 7 more lbs!
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  229 lbs.
    Answers

You aren't starting to look like Starwars kid are you mate..?

YouTube- Fat star wars kid
  13. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.
    Answers

No way man, all the LHJO keeps me lean!
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.
    Answers

Clen/T3 might make me a not big by month's end.
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  229 lbs.
    Answers

No way man, all the LHJO keeps me lean!
    Photoshop in Neovar rather than spinach and this should be your avatar.

Or in Al's case... Weed rather than Neovar.
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  229 lbs.
    Answers

Can't remember if we mentioned this guy, but the guy who wants to run from machine to machine putting 26 44lb plates on everything which he ferries from the leg press machine to the calf raise machine etc and all you ever see him doing is carrying plates around and never actually using the machines he's on.

This guy at my gym looks like he's about 140lbs soaking wet and kept a straight face loading up >880lbs on the leg press machine. Then he got pissy because a much bigger guy who shall remain nameless took 8 of his 44 lb plates away from him while he was ferrying them from machine to machine despite him having a cry and told him if he wanted he'd help him carry the plates from machine to machine so long as he pulled off one 90 degree leg press with the ~600lbs that was left on the machine, to whit the reply was, "Fine have them".
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by UGHQTempus View Post
    Thats funny. I'm a programmer as well. Small world.
    I'm in IT as well. I was in great shape until I hit that field (active in school, swim team, etc). Then I blew up to 203 fat ass style...had enough of it and cut to 155, now I'm steady bulking up.

IT killed me.
  18. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Vance View Post
    Can't remember if we mentioned this guy, but the guy who wants to run from machine to machine putting 26 44lb plates on everything which he ferries from the leg press machine to the calf raise machine etc and all you ever see him doing is carrying plates around and never actually using the machines he's on.

This guy at my gym looks like he's about 140lbs soaking wet and kept a straight face loading up >880lbs on the leg press machine. Then he got pissy because a much bigger guy who shall remain nameless took 8 of his 44 lb plates away from him while he was ferrying them from machine to machine despite him having a cry and told him if he wanted he'd help him carry the plates from machine to machine so long as he pulled off one 90 degree leg press with the ~600lbs that was left on the machine, to whit the reply was, "Fine have them".
    yeah, i hate those guys who try to put the most weight they can on stuff.

Like yesterday this douche put like 10 45 on hack squat machine, skinny dude, and then is there for like 10 minutes and then does 1 half ass rep, skinny skinyy legs.
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  197 lbs.
    Answers

hey gang. bumping this. i have some good ones.
    i normally lift at home but am using a commercial gym this week.
    today i was repping 245 bench (deload) next to some guy about my size repping 95....which after many many sets he decided to kickbox in the mirror.
    yesterday, i'm deadlifting 405 next to some guy doing wrist curls. guess whos forearms were bigger.
    the tag-team guys, a bit larger than me, squat rack curling with a whopping 65. spotting eachother.
    the line formed in front of the nautilis ab machine.
    90lb quarter smith machine "squats"

omg really. i'm only 186 and not big, but on every freeweight and machine i noticed guys with 20lbs more than me repping at 50% of my working weight. if you're not going to use it, give me those 20lbs, i need them! haha
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  232 lbs.
    Answers

Where the hell were you training? Curves??? There's jerk off's like that everyone really.
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  232 lbs.
    Answers

Woops I mean everywhere. Sorry.
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  197 lbs.
    Answers

you'd think that, but it was a military gym
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  204 lbs.
    Answers

This thread is hilarious!! So many are true.
  24. Registered User
    Answers

I hate the ones that come up to you and ask, "What kind of steroids are you taking"...then insists that you must be taking something and does everything he can to get answers out of you. Then even sends his friend (or as they probably call it BFF) over and asks the same damn questions. Then a week later, everyone in the gym has been told by some dip**** that you told him about the massive steroid cycle you are on. lol and I'm not even big but still get questioned
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  235 lbs.
    Answers

That's why I go to Planet Fitness. No D-bags allowed...
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  204 lbs.
    Answers

My gym isn't as bad as some of the ones you guys work out it sounds like. I try to go up after 7:30 that seems to clear out alot of the crowd working out right after work is just insane you can't get to anything.
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  156 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Vance View Post
    Saw a new one the other night. A guy who wanted to dance between sets.

Nothing makes me want to do 'the robot' like hammer curls. I should introduce him to "Robocop".
    Ha there was one of those 'dance between sets guy' at my gym several months back...but he quite possibly was literally mentally slightly retarded so maybe that was why
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  160 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by CodyK7 View Post
    My gym isn't as bad as some of the ones you guys work out it sounds like. I try to go up after 7:30 that seems to clear out alot of the crowd working out right after work is just insane you can't get to anything.
    I'm with ya Cody. I always hit up the gym around 7:30 or 8pm. Everyone's leaving or about to leave. The people who come in at that point are usually fairly serious about what they're doing. Honestly though, I really haven't come across many douchebags. Maybe a couple guys who thought they were Gods gift to the human race. But that's about it. I usually have my game face on, so not many people talk to me.
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.
    Answers

a guy at my gym probably 160lbs. dripping wet always walks up to the bench press and puts on 295lbs. No warm up or anything. Lifts it off the rack and only lowers it about two or three inches, barely even unlocking his elbows and re-racks it. Paces around the bench a couple times, puts on ten more pounds and does the exact same thing. I've thought about walking up to him and asking if he wants me to show him how to do it and rep it out about 7 times. LOL.
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  160 lbs.
    Answers

^^Reminds me of those guys that use so much momentum during a lift that the lift becomes completely pointless. They're just burning calories at that point. Like a guy doing a barbell curl who swings his whole body trying to get every rep up. I mean, sure I could understand if you get to the last rep and you want to squeeze one more out cause you ain't got no one there to help with any forced reps. Even then, you don't need to turn your body into slingshot to get it up. Stupid...
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  165 lbs.
    Answers

What really annoys me at my gym is that all of the treadmills get taken up in the morning which is when I workout by all of the old people who just walk for f(u)cking ever and ever. Then I wait and finally get one and get set back on my workout, plus this one Fat guy who is a frequent treadmill walker I found his wallet in the gym and looked inside of it to see who's it was and I found a McDonalds receipt for a big mac large value meal and I was like really?
  32. Registered User
    Answers

How about the guys coming in middle of the summer with there beanie hats, hoodie over a sweatshirt, baggy 80's looking multi-colored, wanna make me puke pants, obviously roided up (they all have huge distented guts), lookin at everyone else like there ****. And there all 5'2".

I feel like tellin these apes, get cut, once in your life. Any meatwad can do pro-hormones, real juice, etc. and become a walking meatball that cant wipe his own ass.

I stopped attempting to look HUGE and concentrated on total conditioning ala GSP and Roger Huerta and guys that could kick the **** out of anyones ass. They would have been called gay, underwear models back in the day.
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  204 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPulse View Post
    What really annoys me at my gym is that all of the treadmills get taken up in the morning which is when I workout by all of the old people who just walk for f(u)cking ever and ever. Then I wait and finally get one and get set back on my workout, plus this one Fat guy who is a frequent treadmill walker I found his wallet in the gym and looked inside of it to see who's it was and I found a McDonalds receipt for a big mac large value meal and I was like really?
    haha whats the point you could walk all day and not burn that off.
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  165 lbs.
    Answers

Exactly, and then he just is one more person who goes to the gym just to be able to say "I go to the gym!". I mean it's like just get the f(u)ck out then and don't waste my time by taking up another treadmill.
  35. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Trainers annoy me when they occupy a bench or station with themselves or towels or whatever while the trainee is on a completely different nearby machine. Get the hell out of the way you aren't doing ****, go spot your customer instead of sitting on your ass watching them.

Also, dumbell hoarders.
  36. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  197 lbs.
    Answers

at least the squat rack was free from douchebags today when i needed it.
    it was interesting squatting 315 below parallel next to some guy (bigger than me) smith "squatting" 90. LOL
  37. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  100 lbs.
    Answers

a kid at my gym wears mesh shirts, like stripper shirts, does the bench of 275 and barely bends his elbows to do it while his 12 year old brother spots him, he then gets up and hops around like an mma fighter before a fight, he claims he fights mma and he also tried out for the eagles, i mean he did run a faster 40 time than wes welker, he's also been seen in the gym with football type cleats on, not full out spikes per sey but spikes none the less

i must say he is the man though, watching him and hearing ppl make fun of him while he doesn't catch on is worth the price of admission
  38. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  204 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by buuzer0 View Post

Also, dumbell hoarders.
    This!! There were a couple of guys that had every ****ing dumbell out they had the 55's 60's 65's and 70's and were using other machines in the gym. I never figured out what they were doing with all those damn dumbells.

I also can't stand when people don't un rack the weight. I went in the gym last sunday on no joke every bench had weight on it there were dumbells everywhere and tons of weight on the leg press and over in the squat rack.
  39. Registered User
    Answers

I go to a "family" fitness center, and the majority of the trainers arent even in shape! One dude is literally fat. Most of the girls are overweight, or old as dust. Makes me laugh.

The thing about family places, is theres a ton of teenagers, constantly hugging all the little girls, LOL. Yeah, you hug em, I will, well, nevermind.

The older guys are funny too. This skinny 40 something tells me he used to be huge but he overtrained and now hes small! That had me laughing all day.
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  165 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by CodyK7 View Post
    I also can't stand when people don't un rack the weight. I went in the gym last sunday on no joke every bench had weight on it there were dumbells everywhere and tons of weight on the leg press and over in the squat rack.
    You described what I walk into almost everyday that I go at night instead of the morning. That's why I like to do my **** in the morning.
  •