Douchebags at the gym...
- 09-10-2009, 03:02 PM
- 09-10-2009, 03:07 PM
09-10-2009, 04:06 PM
I'm glad I workout at home. I've only worked out in a gym once and that was the gym at college. They didn't even have a squat rack, but they had a smith machine. I had to sign all these papers, that basically said the college isn't liable if I get hurt. The gym is free since I'm a student, but the hours are ridiculous. It's only open from 4-6. Thankfully there were no douches and everyone seemed to know what they were doing.
09-10-2009, 04:45 PM
There was this dude walking so slow on the treadmill one day, staring at the tube. I asked my spotter "What good does that do?" He replied " Maybe his TV at home is broken". I Laughed so hard I couldn't finish my set.
09-11-2009, 06:00 AM
"So when's the operation mate?"
"What operation" he answers.
"Well I assume you're doing such low weight because you're a pre-op transexual trying to tone up for when you get the snip"
I got a look and a "very funny..." but he then ****ed off and let me have the rack.
09-11-2009, 07:19 AM
09-11-2009, 07:39 AM
the people who pay the trainers at the gym and wind up standing around talking more than asking questions and working out. i asked a trainer one time, in front of his client, "if i pay you $60 an hour will you stand around and talk to me too?". the client was less than amused. normally i would not do something like that but benches were scarce that day and they we just "using it" not actually using it.
09-11-2009, 12:29 PM
My other fav is when I'm doing legs and some guy comes over with skinny legs, and knows nothing about lifting and says.."hey need a spot"....UMMMM NO!!! I can squat more than your dumbass any day...........but it makes me laugh, esp when I catch him loading his rack with my weight and moving it 3 inches while grunting...............
RIP Ryan, :(
09-11-2009, 12:52 PM
09-11-2009, 09:15 PM
09-12-2009, 12:47 AM
09-12-2009, 01:12 AM
09-12-2009, 01:38 AM
09-12-2009, 02:38 AM
09-12-2009, 02:57 AM
09-12-2009, 10:04 AM
09-12-2009, 12:30 PM
09-12-2009, 12:47 PM
09-12-2009, 02:27 PM
09-14-2009, 05:57 AM
I can honestly say i detest 99% of the wieghts users in my gym. There are maybe 3 guys i can ask for a spot. you can't spot me if:-
- you wear gloves for your entire workout
- you wear spandex
- you stare at me when i'm training
- you flex your abs in the mirror
- you wear a sweat band on your skull
- you leave weights all over the gym floor
- you weigh less than my breakfast
- you do half reps on ANYTHING
- you and your mates are just there to pose
- you weigh 150 and you're doing wrist f*cking curls
- you ask me if what i'm doing is safe and tell me i should change my form
- you shadow box your reflection between sets
- you don't know what a good morning is
- you use the padding on the bar for squats
- you smith machine squat/ bench
- you wear a hat. in. the. gym.
- you're an 18 year old fitness intructor (male)
- you smell like a wet gorilla fart
- you check your hair every 5 minutes
- you're in the gym for anything other than than hard work
So that pretty much rules out most of the f*cktards
09-14-2009, 11:22 AM
09-14-2009, 11:44 AM
09-14-2009, 12:50 PM
The guys that just start training but already know advanced training methods I've never seen. This kid started working out at my gym and I've noticed him because of the screams he lets out on every rep of every set. I've herard of the scream technique before, and the benefits of it. I've just never witnesseed it in tconjunction with the "muscle punch tehcnique" after the set. I was lucky enough to be next to him while he was doing 1 legged extensions. After each set he would punch his quads. It was awesome.
09-14-2009, 04:17 PM
09-16-2009, 03:25 AM
09-16-2009, 06:27 AM
Indeed Watson, but i hasten to add that i smell like wet CHIMP fart, thus discounting me from said list, and hence the avatar. Pan troglodyte i believe....
09-16-2009, 07:48 AM
09-16-2009, 08:52 PM
09-18-2009, 09:18 AM
Back to the topic, I've got another douchebag to add to the list.
People that are doing cardio or resting between sets who start singing along to an inappropriate song that must've happened to 'find' its way onto their ipod.
Examples of inappropriate stuff to start singing in a gym full of sweaty guys;
1. Closer - NIN
2. Anything by a pop starlet.
3. Anything by a boyband member, current or past.
Yes dude... We can hear you.
09-18-2009, 09:23 AM
Similar Forum Threads
- By Ripped1 in forum General ChatReplies: 37Last Post: 12-15-2012, 10:49 PM
- By Kam in forum General ChatReplies: 58Last Post: 05-22-2006, 06:02 PM
- By supersoldier in forum General ChatReplies: 63Last Post: 09-20-2004, 01:36 PM
- By supersoldier in forum General ChatReplies: 6Last Post: 09-19-2004, 04:58 AM
- By DarCSA in forum General ChatReplies: 10Last Post: 11-25-2002, 08:18 PM