Douchebags at the gym...

Page 3 of 450 First 12345 ... Last

1. Loads of guys in my gym just moving the minimum weight in the machines i mean heck why are you here for?

2. Quote Originally Posted by darkvard View Post
    Loads of guys in my gym just moving the minimum weight in the machines i mean heck why are you here for?
    I'm gonna guess... to move the minimum weight in the machines.

Oh wait... that was a rhetorical question.
    RTR.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by darkvard View Post
    Loads of guys in my gym just moving the minimum weight in the machines i mean heck why are you here for?
    they could be DRSE's . . . . just a thought.

4. Quote Originally Posted by rubberring View Post
    I'm gonna guess... to move the minimum weight in the machines.

Oh wait... that was a rhetorical question.
    YouTube - The skinny GYM guy ep. 1

5. I got this little skinny phuck that works out with another little skinny phuck. Together they might weght as much as me. They load up 225 on bench then slam the weight on their chest and arch their back so much on the way up it looks like they're trying to do a backwards crab walk, while the other one lifts it for them. It makes me laugh every time, though i havent seen them i a while they might've cracked a rib or something.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by marine0231 View Post
    I got this little skinny phuck that works out with another little skinny phuck. Together they might weght as much as me. They load up 225 on bench then slam the weight on their chest and arch their back so much on the way up it looks like they're trying to do a backwards crab walk, while the other one lifts it for them. It makes me laugh every time, though i havent seen them i a while they might've cracked a rib or something.
    and you don't say anything? man you're better than me i guess. i'm the kind of prick that will go over there and in a nice voice ask "are you trying to hurt yourself?"......and then before they can answer say "you're probably going to succeed, now lower the weight and do it correctly"......

7. I've only ever made one attempt at form to this burly female doing squats with some 90 pound dude. Looked like she was trying to impress him or something but was squatting very dangerously. When I approached her she told me she's an elite athlete and a power lifter and she's fine. Decided at that point that I only say anything if asked.

8. im new to the fourms... coming over from LB to check things out and I must say damn this thread is hallarious

9. Quote Originally Posted by lennoxchi View Post
    and you don't say anything? man you're better than me i guess. i'm the kind of prick that will go over there and in a nice voice ask "are you trying to hurt yourself?"......and then before they can answer say "you're probably going to succeed, now lower the weight and do it correctly"......
    My buddy i work out with sometimes went over and told em something they looked at him shook their heads and said ok. They just continued doing the same thing.

10. Quote Originally Posted by marine0231 View Post
    My buddy i work out with sometimes went over and told em something they looked at him shook their heads and said ok. They just continued doing the same thing.
    Tell them that when they arch their back like that while lifting you can see their vagina and it's distracting so would they mind stopping it?

11. i just let people go about it if they are doing it wrong. and when they get hurt, just laugh.if you can't do it properly..then don't do it at all. i think it's hilarious when like two kids that weigh 100lbs soaking wet combined, try to do like db bench press with like 60lb dumbbells. it is like a team effort, and then they do three reps...and then i go over and bang out like 20 reps of curls...i like to see people disappointed. yes, i am a sick person.

however, but the funniest thing is sometimes i will work out at school, the college gym, it is about ten times worse...every guy is in like wife beaters even if they are a skeleton, load up the bar and struggle with whatever they are doing. then i'll use that weight for warm ups...its great
  12. keeper

It's ultra annoying when someone camps out on the Smythe machine when it's obvious others are waiting to use it.

13. Btw guys, I have to take some accountability regarding an annoying habit I've developed. It's hard to admit this... but... okay, sometimes I camp out on the Smythe machine when it's obvious this hot chick is waiting to use it.
    RTR.

14. Quote Originally Posted by rubberring View Post
    Btw guys, I have to take some accountability regarding an annoying habit I've developed. It's hard to admit this... but... okay, sometimes I camp out on the Smythe machine when it's obvious this hot chick is waiting to use it.
    do you also stand there and flex like i do. see i always think the chick is just looking at me and not the machine. i just stare back at them and blow kisses. vanity......who says it's over rated?

15. Quote Originally Posted by lennoxchi View Post
    do you also stand there and flex like i do?
    Ask keeper.
    RTR.

16. I really don't care what these people do in the gym....however, the only thing that gets under my skin is the one guy that asks...

'can I get a set in'

I'm like dude, huh?

17. Quote Originally Posted by hardknock View Post
    I really don't care what these people do in the gym....however, the only thing that gets under my skin is the one guy that asks...

'can I get a set in'

I'm like dude, huh?
    do you go to a small gym?

18. The geeza at my gym who likes to work out his biceps every other day (the only time he trains), and checks out his 'six pack' in the mirror EVERYTIME he finishes a set of curls!

Gym ratz
  19. keeper

Not necessarily a douchebag, but this is funny. There's this gigantic guy at my gym. Last night he was on an elyptical machine. The plasma tv was on Wheel of Fortune and he was talking to the tv. "D! There's 2 D's! Say D." "NO, pass, dummy!" On and on... I was rolling. Not to make fun at all, he was just so loud and excited.
  20. keeper

Okay, I wasn't going to say this, b/c it could come across as unkind, but he's um.. very tongue tied. Nothing wrong with that, but it made his exclamations much more interesting!

OMGosh, I'm laughing again.

21. Quote Originally Posted by keeper View Post
    Okay, I wasn't going to say this, b/c it could come across as unkind, but he's um.. very tongue tied. Nothing wrong with that, but it made his exclamations much more interesting!

That reminds me of one of the funniest things I've ever heard. When I was in the military, I was sitting through a security briefing for new students at an avionics school. The base's security officer stomped into the room and very forcefully wrote the word "confidentiality" on the chalkboard. He then turned toward us and asked very sternly, "Who can tell me what this word means?" This young kid, fresh from boot camp, raised his hand and was called upon.

He answered with an extremely thick lisp... "To believe in yourself?"

RTR.

22. Quote Originally Posted by lennoxchi View Post
    do you go to a small gym?
    I go to two different gyms. One is like those metro fitness, planet fitness type with 100 treadmills and 100 machines. The other is pure hard core with basic lifting equipment, few squat racks, benches (not to big), etc....funny thing is though is that people will say that with an open bench, squat rack, etc right next to me....hence my reasons for saying 'dude, huh'?

23. Quote Originally Posted by hardknock View Post
    I go to two different gyms. One is like those metro fitness, planet fitness type with 100 treadmills and 100 machines. The other is pure hard core with basic lifting equipment, few squat racks, benches (not to big), etc....funny thing is though is that people will say that with an open bench, squat rack, etc right next to me....hence my reasons for saying 'dude, huh'?
    that makes sense then....i thought for a minute if everything was taken or the gym only had one bench......cause i know for sure if that was the case i'd ask to "work in".....but that's just me.

24. Quote Originally Posted by keeper View Post

No, he's a douche. It's ok to laugh

25. Quote Originally Posted by rubberring View Post
    That reminds me of one of the funniest things I've ever heard. When I was in the military, I was sitting through a security briefing for new students at an avionics school. The base's security officer stomped into the room and very forcefully wrote the word "confidentiality" on the chalkboard. He then turned toward us and asked very sternly, "Who can tell me what this word means?" This young kid, fresh from boot camp, raised his hand and was called upon.

He answered with an extremely thick lisp... "To believe in yourself?"

Lmfao holy **** that's funny

26. I get minorly miffed when people start using tons of DBs (especially when they run the rack) and either leave them on the ground or just start randomly putting them in all the wrong places.

The big one that royally pissed me off this month - I was bench and warming up to 315. I started out by grabbing 6 plates and stacking them next to the bench. When I had 275 on the bar some tiny little 120lb kid took the other two plates. When I finished the warm up I went over to him to get them back (my gym is chronically short of 45s) and he actually said that he "didn't see my name on them." I just took them off the bar and loaded mine back up.

27. Quote Originally Posted by UGHQTempus View Post
    I get minorly miffed when people start using tons of DBs (especially when they run the rack) and either leave them on the ground or just start randomly putting them in all the wrong places.

The big one that royally pissed me off this month - I was bench and warming up to 315. I started out by grabbing 6 plates and stacking them next to the bench. When I had 275 on the bar some tiny little 120lb kid took the other two plates. When I finished the warm up I went over to him to get them back (my gym is chronically short of 45s) and he actually said that he "didn't see my name on them." I just took them off the bar and loaded mine back up.
    that kid must have shat his pants!

28. You people are annoying me with all your stories.......

29. I belong to a gym that's 24 hours, I love when I go after work, a long night of restraining kids, take downs and i walk in and you have 2 very large girls with there boyfriends I assume, sitting on the machines and talking, laughing, drinking coffee, dressed like there going to a club........... here i come dressed, baseball cap backwards, sweats, and Ipod.............and I can hear them, "oh she's tough"................Makes me want to throw them on the floor and restrain them just for being stupid and annoying.............
    RIP Ryan, :(
  •