Douchebags at the gym...

Page 13 of 277 First ... 8111213141518 ... Last
  1. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  168 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.53%

Im not a huge guy or anything but im not a gym douche either. There is this older dude who is big in all the right ways but he likes to always want to use the power rack im on when there is a identical one right next to it. He does these quarter dead lifts with a **** ton of weight and then asks if he can use some of my plates......wtf, walk around the gym and find some you half DLing monster!
    Then there are dudes who do nothing but chat, curl, machine press with a partner? ! I don't get it, I wish I had a spotter but not to stand around and bs with.

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.05%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Menoth View Post
    I strongly dislike the guys who don't realize what the second curtain and little hooks are for in the shower. Open curtain one, grab the towel and underpants you hung there, apply both and then open curtain two. There's absolutely no reason to ambush me with your balls and hangdown when I'm washing my hands.

Also, underpants go on before socks.
    Lmfao! I hate the guys that stretch naked after showering.. REALLY??!!

3. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.97%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Lmao
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.35%

new one today,

140lb guy who comes in the gym with a blutooth in his ear, jeans and workboots and does 45 mins of biceps grunting and staring at people. then he paces back and forth talking **** about everyone in the gym and how small their arms are, (yeah my headphones are in, but not on) meanwhile he has 10 inch arms and does a CURL ONLY workout 3 x a week............... the only other exercise ive seen him do was bench..
  5. Progressive1

i love it wen people set up about 4 machines ready for their entire friggin workout..and its like..umm some of us would like to use this sh1t haha..
    I just change the machine on them :P
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.59%

Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post
    Lmfao! I hate the guys that stretch naked after showering.. REALLY??!!
    man, i remember this old dood who - no bs - did jumping-f'ing-jacks IN FRONT OF THE MIRROR nekkid as a whip.
    nekkid.
    after a shower.
    i only peeked around the locker bank cuz i heard a strange tiny smakkin.
    creepy...
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.05%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by jin View Post
    man, i remember this old dood who - no bs - did jumping-f'ing-jacks IN FRONT OF THE MIRROR nekkid as a whip.
    nekkid.
    after a shower.
    creepy...
    Lmao I guess once you hit 70 you just wanna be naked.... All the time... Old dudes have no shame in the locker room! Can't wait till I'm that age... I'm gonna walk into the woman's locker room naked haha

8. New Member
    Stats
    6'4"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.97%

Quote Originally Posted by jin View Post
    nekkid.
    after a shower.
    creepy...
    LOL. Are You Serious, That takes the cake man. That is the funniest ****
    I have ever heard. LOL
  9. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.59%

yeah man...
    burnt into my skull till the day i die.
    old korean dude.
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.37%

Quote Originally Posted by swollen87 View Post
    new one today,

140lb guy who comes in the gym with a blutooth in his ear, jeans and workboots and does 45 mins of biceps grunting and staring at people. then he paces back and forth talking **** about everyone in the gym and how small their arms are, (yeah my headphones are in, but not on) meanwhile he has 10 inch arms and does a CURL ONLY workout 3 x a week............... the only other exercise ive seen him do was bench..
    The one's who workout in jeans piss me off the most. At least look the part if your faking your way through a workout
  11. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.59%

truth, man, truth.
    one dood in the gym wearin friggin courdoroys today.
    green.
    with a sweater vest.
    doin crunchers.
    and talkin on the phone.
    but, i guess he made it in...
  12. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.52%

wtf is wrong with people not researching how to lift in a ****ing gym.a few newbies in the gym had me like wtf really
  13. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'5"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.47%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

I was doin some 10x10 bicep and tricep work a couple days ago. This dude comes up to the pressdown stack next to mine. He's wearing jeans, boots, and a beater. I'm doing half the stack cuz I'm goin 10x10. He walks up, looks at my stack, looks at me, back at the stack, and proceeds to drop his pin to the bottom of the stack. He then proceeds to push his elbows out to the side like some sort of retarded bird/dinosaur and move the stack about 5 inches in each direction for 8 reps, again looking at me as he finished.

Here I am elbows locked to my sides completing a full range of motion. Like come on buddy if today was heavy day I'd have no problem doing the whole stack the CORRECT way, don't act so tough.

By his third set I had to ask him "how's that shoulder workout goin?"

LOL@toughguys
  14. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.52%

Quote Originally Posted by FL3X MAGNUM View Post
    I was doin some 10x10 bicep and tricep work a couple days ago. This dude comes up to the pressdown stack next to mine. He's wearing jeans, boots, and a beater. I'm doing half the stack cuz I'm goin 10x10. He walks up, looks at my stack, looks at me, back at the stack, and proceeds to drop his pin to the bottom of the stack. He then proceeds to push his elbows out to the side like some sort of retarded bird/dinosaur and move the stack about 5 inches in each direction for 8 reps, again looking at me as he finished.

Here I am elbows locked to my sides completing a full range of motion. Like come on buddy if today was heavy day I'd have no problem doing the whole stack the CORRECT way, don't act so tough.

LOL@toughguys

yea I see this all the time its goin to be a long winter
  15. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'5"  163 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.7%

I hate the New-Years Resolution-ers. I go to a small gym as it is (although this rule applies at EVERY gym I've ever been to), and every January to mid-February, the gym is PACKED with overweight, out-of-shape people that don't really want to workout. I can't wait until March when they all stop coming, so I can finally have my gym back!
  16. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'5"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.47%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by diablosho View Post
    I hate the New-Years Resolution-ers. I go to a small gym as it is (although this rule applies at EVERY gym I've ever been to), and every January to mid-February, the gym is PACKED with overweight, out-of-shape people that don't really want to workout. I can't wait until March when they all stop coming, so I can finally have my gym back!
    He said stop coming. Hehe...
  17. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.59%

Quote Originally Posted by FL3X MAGNUM View Post

LOL@toughguys
    chest workout, maybe?
    standing decline closegrip cable pushdowns?
  18. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.13%

Seen dudes wear some weird sh!t in the gym, saw one guy the other day in like neon pants that didn't go all the way down to his shoes, and a mid driff shirt that looked like a training bra b/c it comes just below his chest... and he looks not even in shape... and wears a red bandanna .... like wtf
  19. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'5"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.47%

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisSurf View Post
    Seen dudes wear some weird sh!t in the gym, saw one guy the other day in like neon pants that didn't go all the way down to his shoes, and a mid driff shirt that looked like a training bra b/c it comes just below his chest... and he looks not even in shape... and wears a red bandanna .... like wtf
    Kai Greene was at your gym during his bulking phase...don't lie.
  20. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.55%

I try not to complain too much, usually because it makes me rage a little inside.
    Today was something else though.

The gym is packed (right after work + new years res) and 3 kids take up a bench to do homework. I'm not kidding. They had pens, paper, book, back pack, etc. like it was a place to hang out at.
  21. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.59%

give them a math test:

Boy A weighs 150pounds.
    Water weighs 8pounds/gallon.
    There are 4 quarts in a gallon.
    The human body holds roughly 5 quarts of blood, and blood weighs about the same as water.
    How much does boy A weigh after he loses 3 quarts of blood?
  22. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.9%

How about the guys that work at the gym, who don't have the curtisy to re rack there weights. I spend more time doing that then lifting.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    To my enemy: In the realm of eternity I will surely die. I just want you to know before I go I'm taking a lot of your people with me.
  23. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'5"  163 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.7%

I also hate when the dumbbells are hopelessly out of order, where EVERY weight is in the wrong place! I don't understand why it's so hard to simply put the weights back where they got them. Then, they'd never get out of order in the first place! Then my OCD strikes again, and I HAVE to re-rack them, and I don't even work there! AAARRRGGGHHH!
  24. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.9%

Ok, so I know this has been brought up. BUT, I've witnessed just withen the hour.

The...
    Hey I'm using that
    People hogging machines to sit..
    People on the phone while saying hey I'm using that, with no weight racked on it.
    Two injurys
    People not using the cable machines, but holding onto the handle while talking.
    And max rack to sleep in.....

All this while a remodel and space being limited for the day....

To my enemy: In the realm of eternity I will surely die. I just want you to know before I go I'm taking a lot of your people with me.
  25. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.9%

I also hate when the dumbbells are hopelessly out of order, where EVERY weight is in the wrong place! I don't understand why it's so hard to simply put the weights back where they got them. Then, they'd never get out of order in the first place! Then my OCD strikes again, and I HAVE to re-rack them, and I don't even work there! AAARRRGGGHHH!
    Kinda hard to believe when every weight is friggen labeled even the racks labeled...
    Ps this mofo next to me on the tred smells like smacked ass and baked clams..
  26. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.19%

Quote Originally Posted by warhammer44 View Post

2)Guys that carry a notebook around and after each lift record how ****ty their workout was...
    Not a fan of DC training?
  27. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  179 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.1%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I've been a member of 4 gyms, 3 popular ones. One thing I never understood is every gym employee I have met (inc trainers, receptionist, cleaners) is either obese (majority) or just not in decent shape whatsoever, bar 1 trainer in my current gym.

I mean I could care less about who goes to the gym, its just amazing how these people working in a gym having a free membership, does not give them enough incentive to even step foot in the weight room or just not bother with a routine.
  28. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'5"  163 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.7%

Hey NxtVictim, are you really texting and running at the same time? That is pretty impressive! I couldn't do that.
  29. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.59%

Quote Originally Posted by NxtVictim View Post
    Kinda hard to believe when every weight is friggen labeled even the racks labeled...
    funny stuff right there!
  30. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.59%

check...
    and the anger rises.
    good thing we don't lift in a gun shop!!!

guns are even heavier...
  31. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.9%

Hey NxtVictim, are you really texting and running at the same time? That is pretty impressive! I couldn't do that.
    I was walking at 5mph on a 10%incline, trying not to puke, when I say this guy smelled, i had never been so disgusted
  32. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  145 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.1%

I was walking at 5mph on a 10%incline, trying not to puke, when I say this guy smelled, i had never been so disgusted

Mmmmm...clams....

But seriously I forgot all about the B.O. issue until you brought this up! From what I've seen (smelled) the military gyms I go to on post are WORSE per capita than like Gold's or World's or any big time gym. It's like these guys just came out of the field for a week and decided to go to the gym instead of going home to shower. You know it's bad if there is a specific racquetball court that always smells like a skunk's taint.

And this is sort of on that subject (that may make some of you guys nauseous....hehehe) - so in the Army you have to hold your buddy's feet while we do situps on the PT test. It's bad when you can smell people's feet. But THE worst was 4 years ago (yea I still remember it) there was a really attractive female that was behind me, so I had to hold her feet. All I could smell was dirty VAG!!! I had to breathe in and out of my mouth into my shoulder to keep from puking!
    IN 27 YEARS I'VE NEVER GONE 0-4 IN WILDCARD WEEKEND!!!
    until now. yup I put money on every game too. excuse me while i go drink myself smart.
  33. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.9%

Quote Originally Posted by neofrost83 View Post
    Mmmmm...clams....

there was a really attractive female that was behind me, so I had to hold her feet. All I could smell was dirty VAG!!! I had to breathe in and out of my mouth into my shoulder to keep from puking!
    Her name wasn't Megan was it, if so, we need to talk lol...

But something I have never understood was when people smoke a pack in there cars, windows up and then come in, i think them people need to be deloused prior to checking in.

Speaking of leaving weights out, WTF is up with the people that work that doing it. I don't get paid to put YOUR *#(# away, You get paid to put mine away, if i was that guy that left it out. Next time I put employees crap away, they owe me a chicken. A WHOLE CHICKEN
  34. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.96%

That reminds me of my ARMY days---I was in the gym squatting and this fat National Guard guy tried to bust my b@##S about not going down far enough when I was on my 6 or 7th set. I told him that I didn't want to take his advice because I might end up looking like him!!! He was a fat guy with a beer gut!!!
  35. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.9%

Whats with wearing sunglasses in the gym?
  36. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'5"  163 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.7%

Whats with wearing sunglasses in the gym?
    I've often wondered the same thing, and the only conclusion I've been able to come to is that they don't want you to see them cry about how ****ty their workout is.
  37. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  232 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    60.21%

Ok, so I know this has been brought up. BUT, I've witnessed just withen the hour.

The...
    Hey I'm using that
    People hogging machines to sit..
    People on the phone while saying hey I'm using that, with no weight racked on it.
    Two injurys
    People not using the cable machines, but holding onto the handle while talking.
    And max rack to sleep in.....

All this while a remodel and space being limited for the day....

Heh, the other day I was about do to some dips. There was a lady standing to the side of it screwing with her ipod or whatever. I think "oh, she's just getting her music ready, it's open". I walk up with a db, slap it between my legs and tart doing dips. Then I notice she's standing there staring at me agasp saying something. I can't hear what since I have headphones in. So I just say, just a minute(wanting to get my 8 reps in) and she just walks off huffy.

FU lady. Use it or lose it. Standing by a machine does not mean it's yours.
  38. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  207 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.52%

people who fukc around on their phones in the gym ... they are usually complaining on a forum about other people instead of focusing on their own workout
  39. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.13%

I live in an upscale area, and at my gym started noticing this group of like 3-4 dudes who come in looking like their trying to act like their straight outta Compton . One of them is this white dude who had his shorts so far below his ass they were damn near at his shoes with his boxers or whatever the **** he had on showing.

Seriously? People just glare at them and it's kinda funny as they seem to notice it as I gave the one dude a look when I was on the squat machine, and you can see them try to lift heavier weights than they can all flailing around for a few reps if their lucky
  40. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'5"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.47%

Quote Originally Posted by strester View Post
    people who fukc around on their phones in the gym ... they are usually complaining on a forum about other people instead of focusing on their own workout
    Guys who act like they have a problem with people complaining about people in the gym, and claim they don't have time to worry about people like that at the gym, yet they still take the time to click into the forum and try to make themselves look good.
    Genomyx Rep
    www.genomyx.com