Douchebags at the gym...
- 01-27-2010, 01:20 PM
- 01-27-2010, 02:04 PM
a kid at my gym wears mesh shirts, like stripper shirts, does the bench of 275 and barely bends his elbows to do it while his 12 year old brother spots him, he then gets up and hops around like an mma fighter before a fight, he claims he fights mma and he also tried out for the eagles, i mean he did run a faster 40 time than wes welker, he's also been seen in the gym with football type cleats on, not full out spikes per sey but spikes none the less
i must say he is the man though, watching him and hearing ppl make fun of him while he doesn't catch on is worth the price of admission
01-27-2010, 02:29 PM
I also can't stand when people don't un rack the weight. I went in the gym last sunday on no joke every bench had weight on it there were dumbells everywhere and tons of weight on the leg press and over in the squat rack.
01-27-2010, 02:57 PM
I go to a "family" fitness center, and the majority of the trainers arent even in shape! One dude is literally fat. Most of the girls are overweight, or old as dust. Makes me laugh.
The thing about family places, is theres a ton of teenagers, constantly hugging all the little girls, LOL. Yeah, you hug em, I will, well, nevermind.
The older guys are funny too. This skinny 40 something tells me he used to be huge but he overtrained and now hes small! That had me laughing all day.
01-27-2010, 02:57 PM
01-27-2010, 03:07 PM
well at least i dont have to work too hard racking the weights on things i want to use. guys benching 90, 90lbs on the leg press, dimes on the bar for squat rack curls.that's all pretty easy to clean up lol
01-27-2010, 07:01 PM
Yeah my gym isn't full with people who can lift, it's mostly just kids who use too much weight and full of back-archers. Nothing too hectic to clean up.
03-16-2010, 02:13 PM
How about the rednecks that wear jeans to the gym. Sometimes with their workboots as well. Dont forget the camo hat too.
Then theres the over-sweat guys. They wear everything "sweat". Sweat shirts, sweat pants, hoodies, dont forget the beanie. I guess their covering that roid gut.
03-16-2010, 02:24 PM
saw some skinny dude today complexing on every machine they had...he'd hop from machine to machine all down the row, then walk to the pull up bar and do a few whole body momentum pull ups....then walk around the gym again back to the machine row. hilarious. not much else too interesting....some skinny fat guys doing whole body momentum "rows" on the smith, fat guy quarter squatting, the usual stuff.
03-16-2010, 02:30 PM
03-16-2010, 02:38 PM
03-16-2010, 10:23 PM
03-16-2010, 11:41 PM
today at the gym, i was cold blooded and god damn proud of it.
AFter i do lunges, I superset it with Lying leg curls. So i had just finished my set of lunges and had to run to the lying leg curls machine.
An old lady got to the machine before me and she was trying to adjust the height of it, but she wasn't able to twist the handle because i initially overtightened it (specifically so annoying brats can't use it while i am trying to superset). Due to that, she was trying to ask me to help her adjust it (i presume, since she tried to talk to me) but i had my headphones on and ignored her. So she had to just go off and do something else and I got the machine.
03-17-2010, 01:49 PM
So here is my rant:
1. My gym is two floors. First floor being basketball courts, raquetball courts, swimming pool, hot tub, sauna, and the aerobics studio. The second floor is where all the real work gets done, aka weights. Well I get off work at 5:00 everyday and by the time I get the gym and change, the aerobics class is going on. So the trainer who teaches these trophy wives taking this god forsaken aerobics class, finds it in her infinite, tri-somy 21 filled wisdom, imperative to have her class constantly running up and down THE ONLY set of stairs up to the second floor. So I constantly have to wait until I am mad enough to just plow through about fifty middle-aged, botox-filled, spooge receptacles so I can start my workout. Nevermind the point that there are several stair climbers and treadmills upstairs. My rage builds even now as I type this.
2. There is this old guy at my gym who looks like an aged Dwight Shrute. I get the "I used to play high school football and never moved on syndrome" from him. Basically, if you are around him and you are lifting more than him, he takes it as an assault on his manhood and he just gets pissed and gets a heavier weight than me. A classic "one-upper". I just want to give him the Uncle Rico speech, "If coach had only put me in".
3. I will paint you a picture. I walk into the locker room and turn right to head to my locker. Up ahead, where the mirrors and sinks are located I see Gary. Gary is a friend of a friend of a friend kind of guy. Weird doesn't do him justice. Before I can react, my eyes take it all in. He has one leg hiked up on the couter, one hand brushing his hair, and one hand holding a hair dryer. It was bad for three reasons: he was naked, the hair dryer was being used on his balls and hot his head, and I had no chance to be prepared for this assault on my corneas. Gary had more hair than a wookie. From his chest pubes to his ballfro, it was wookie-esque. I can't even exactly say I saw him naked per se. It was like he was wearing a tangled, dirty, wooly sweater that covered all of him. If you look like this, DO NOT become naked in public....ever.
03-17-2010, 02:51 PM
bikeswimlive... sorry for your pain, especially in #3. What has been seen... cannot be unseen. I'm so glad that my gym is a small 24 hour place with no locker room, just 2 bathrooms and 2 bathroom/shower rooms, and 2 tanning rooms, so if people need to change they are out of eyesight of other people.
03-17-2010, 10:35 PM
When i worked in a well known chain gym here in the uk one guy used to trim his pubes in the sink and not clean it after. also, many's a time i walked in on guys applying fake tan on each other's backs. I really was one bad day away from a jail sentence in that place i tells ya
03-18-2010, 10:22 PM
Another thing that gets to me is this. My gym has two levels with the cardio machines on the second floor. But they have like 6 various cardio machines on the first floor for disabled/handicap people. What irritates the **** out of me just out of principle is that there are always being used by non handicap lazy A-holes who are just too lazy to walk to up some stairs before ironically using a stair stepper. I mean what if some handicap person wants to use it but is too shy or something? Just pisses me off.
Also another girl set her stuff on the bench I wanted to use and did front raises and curls for 20 mins next to it with 5 lbs.
03-22-2010, 08:27 AM
Before I found my place in this gym, I went around checking other ones out. I went to a family fitness center one time with a buddy of mine. This one is where most high schoolers and soccer moms go.
Well anyway I was on the bench right infront of the dumbells and all, just got done with a set and you would never guess what i saw.
A chinese guy, mid 20's walks into the gym nearly formally dressed. He goes into the corner next to the dumbells, where the two mirrors on the walls meet. He picks up a 15 pound weight. Curls it 6 times with his right. Sets it down. Makes faces, flexes his arms, picks the weight back up. 5 times with his left, does body builder poses, walks out the gym.
It's safe to say me and my buddy where laughing out asses off, and its also safe to say we never stepped foot in that gym again.
Where do people get this crap from?
03-24-2010, 06:27 PM
03-24-2010, 06:54 PM
And something that really pissed me off last week, this guy is there working out with 4 or 5 of his friends and from the reflection in the mirror I can see him making gestures and mimicking my form doing over triceps extension with a DB (100 lbs) .. He's being a smart a** to his friends gesturing that my form is bad and laughing bc my elbows are at a 45 deg angle in relation to my head.. I've got shoulder problems so it's painful to pin my elbows in right next to my head. So this guy is pissing me off and I'm not a pro-fighter so I know I can't take on 5-6 guys without getting my sh*t handed to me.. I walk back to the rack instead, this time grabbing the 120 lbs DB and with perfect form I rep out a set of 12 with my elbows pinned to my ears... The entire time I'm making eye contact with this guy, and mouthing "F*CK YOU" with a mean look on my face... he decided to leave the area...
03-24-2010, 07:28 PM
03-24-2010, 10:43 PM
At the Gold's I lift at when I'm back down in FL on break from school there's and old pro wrestler...
You'll know him as "Mr. AS*" or Bad A** Billy Gunn.. Well he's a monster 6'6" + and 275 lbs jacked...
he grunts and makes all sorts of noise lifting tiny weights, like 20 lbs DB's for curls, but he's cool about it.. people will joke.. "hey, billy can I use that when you're done, my girlfriend needs the 20"
One day I saw him jump up on a bench after his lift, start dancing around and acting like he was surfing a wave.. now anyone else and I would think... WoW.. D-Bag.
03-25-2010, 07:28 AM
And my favorite thing to see when i walk into my gym, personal training. This means my gym owner Linda, Is bored out of her mind watching these 50 lbs women lift 2 pounds of weight all day. She even follows them around with a fan so they dont sweat...
03-25-2010, 11:27 AM
03-25-2010, 11:29 AM
Similar Forum Threads
- By Ripped1 in forum General ChatReplies: 37Last Post: 12-15-2012, 10:49 PM
- By Kam in forum General ChatReplies: 58Last Post: 05-22-2006, 06:02 PM
- By supersoldier in forum General ChatReplies: 63Last Post: 09-20-2004, 01:36 PM
- By supersoldier in forum General ChatReplies: 6Last Post: 09-19-2004, 04:58 AM
- By DarCSA in forum General ChatReplies: 10Last Post: 11-25-2002, 08:18 PM