Douchebags at the gym... - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 12

Douchebags at the gym...

Page 12 of 273 First ... 7101112131417 ... Last
  1. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  145 lbs.

At the Gym in Iraq (yes I remember this after 5 years!!!) there were 2 Privates taking pictures of each other doing curls. Wanna talk about gay douchbaggery: They took of their shirts doused themselves with water (to SIMULATE SWEAT!!!), then one would help the other lift the weight up to the upper portion of the curl...then step back and a take a picture before it became too much and he'd drop it!!! It made my buddy and I laugh so hard we couldn't lift!!!

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

old guy that keeps track of every "hottie" in the gym and feels like its necessary to call me a young stud/give me advice for picking up women.
    Comic Sans makes me feel gangsta
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  201 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post
    Guys that wear sweat shirts under a T so they look large!
    ^^^This. OR the db's that wear layers of sweats, low profile sunglasses and a muscletech beanie, then proceed to get the swole on with a host of Life Fitness machines while periodically coming over to the free weight section and staring at the dumbbells as if they were going to lift themselves. ...wtf?
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by meathed View Post
    ^^^This. OR the db's that wear layers of sweats, low profile sunglasses and a muscletech beanie, then proceed to get the swole on with a host of Life Fitness machines while periodically coming over to the free weight section and staring at the dumbbells as if they were going to lift themselves. ...wtf?
    Dude.... Are you like.... .... My long lost broski??! Haha

5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'5"  163 lbs.

There is a chin-up bar in the middle of 2 pulley stations at my gym. Well, I HATE the guy that turns the whole station into a jungle-gym, scaring the HELL out of anyone nearby! Seriously, he'll do a pull-up, then lift himself over the bar, and then drop back down, all the while making sure to swing violently all over the place! I don't really know how to describe it, but I have NEVER seen anything like it! Then an old guy asked him how his back was feeling afterwards, and he copped an attitude with the old guy trying to start a fight! It was classic; That old guy woulda stomped the **** out of that punk!
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

The fact that my gym is the one that the largest school in the county uses. So at about 1:00 PM during baseball season....you can bet the 9th and 10th grade bb players are going to be there taking up all the goddamn equipment. F*ckers. Go suck a ****ing ****. Iwas in the mood to workout...but now. but now motherf*ckers.
  7. Banned
    Stats
    5'5"  175 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell600 View Post
    The fact that my gym is the one that the largest school in the county uses. So at about 1:00 PM during baseball season....you can bet the 9th and 10th grade bb players are going to be there taking up all the goddamn equipment. F*ckers. Go suck a ****ing ****. Iwas in the mood to workout...but now. but now motherf*ckers.
    lol....
    hate in when the highschoolers come too... all they do is bull****!! lil
    ****suckers
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.

the kids who come in the gym and lift chest and bis every day and then ask me for my advice.... i tell them the squat rack is for squats not curls... they then proceed to do curls anyway and pump prohormones down their throat back to back cycles with no pct, no leg day and then lose their gains every time they come off... AND THEN TRY TO CORRECT MY FORM WHEN IM DEADLIFTING 550
  9. Professional Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by mich29 View Post
    curls in the squat rack!!!! ah!!! bad form curls too more ah!!!!!!!!!!
    again with this **** wtf is wrong with people.he used the ****ing bench rack put 15 lbs on each side had bad form and did 10 reps then took off the weight and layed the bar on the bench and just left.

it was by far the most retarded thing I have seen so far.

Maybe he could tell I thought he was ****ing stuipd and he could tell I was annoyed.
  10. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  201 lbs.

Call me a vag and you can eat a ****, but I can't stand all the goddamn bottles of electrolyte enhanced, micro filtered, eco-consciously bottled, caffeinated spring water bottles strewn about the gym floor standing sentry at each station, and crusty ass used gym wipes littering the entire facility like freshly fallen snow from hell. Pick up your sh1t people and throw it in the goddamn trash. For ****'s sake.
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  224 lbs.

I get a kick out of the guy that clearly bought an abercrombie polo or hooded shirt that cost an easy 40 bucks and trims it so far in on both sides that you can see his nipples flashing at you like high-beams. It does not improve your workout or mine by exposing your nipples!!!
  12. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  255 lbs.

Ok, a story then my top three pet peeves.

So there's this douchebag at my gym that looks like the mutant offspring of a chimpanzee and a walrus, the dude has the biggest lips I have ever seen and the head the size of a basketball. He's not small by anymeans but of course has bird legs. On one side of the gym theres the cable station with a trio of pull up bars all clumped together on top of the machine. He proceeds to sprint, yes sprint, across the gym jump up into the pullup bars, pull up on one grip, let go and grab another grip mid air and continue this for 30 sec or show then he jumps down and starts shadowboxing. He looked like such an idiot sitting there swinging and flying around on those damn bars, took me back to kindergarten on the monkey bars, I mean HOLY ****!

And now top three things that piss me off...
    3)Guys that wear arm bands and bandannas with a skin tight under armour shirt and do DB bench with 50s.

2)Guys that carry a notebook around and after each lift record how ****ty their workout was...

and

1)Anyone that acts like a douche at the gym.
  13. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

Wow Warhammer, I'd pay to see that dude workout. That has to good comedy, just picturing it was funny as hell. The dude is turning the gym into a hybrid of basic training mixed with a troupe of handicapped cirque de soliel performers
  14. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  145 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by warhammer44 View Post
    Ok, a story then my top three pet peeves.
    2)Guys that carry a notebook around and after each lift record how ****ty their workout was...

This one stuck out because a few people I know take their notebook to the gym...including ME!!! But there's a difference between pulling it out to keep track of what's next in your routine, and how many reps you just did - and then there's the "spend more time writing than working out" guy.

Dude - did you bring a freakin' diary?!?! "Dear Diary, today my form was impeccable on squats, but BOB's form was horrible!!! I watched him for a solid 20 minutes and finally had enough. I just don't understand why he got so upset when I grabbed his ass! I was just trying to help!!!"
    IN 27 YEARS I'VE NEVER GONE 0-4 IN WILDCARD WEEKEND!!!
    until now. yup I put money on every game too. excuse me while i go drink myself smart.
  15. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'5"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I like the guy that always pressures my smaller workout partner while we're doing supersets saying "you done with that bro?" No, he's not done, he's my partner, wait your f'ing turn douchebag. You have eyes, you can see we're using it.

Also love the small lil dude that looks like it's his first time at the gym, and when I get done with a set he is too stupid to realize the equipment is in use, takes the liberty of adjusting it to fit his needs, and then completes a half ass set and follows it up with a minute long text/facebook session on his phone waiting to do his next set.
    "Scuse me guy, can I get back in here and finish my sets?" "Huh? Oh..yeah."
    Idiots...
  16. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  145 lbs.

How about "I used to" guy. As in: "yea I know I struggle benching 150lbs...but I used to bench 300lbs!!!" Huh? Yea I and used to do a bunch of coke, what's your point?
    until now. yup I put money on every game too. excuse me while i go drink myself smart.
  17. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'5"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by neofrost83 View Post
    How about "I used to" guy. As in: "yea I know I struggle benching 150lbs...but I used to bench 300lbs!!!" Huh? Yea I and used to do a bunch of coke, what's your point?
    Yeah! I got a guy like that at my gym at work. Comes in with jeans and talks about "I used to be able to bench a lot" and "I had stretch marks on my back from how fast my muscles grew back in the day."
    He then proceeds to ask me "how's my form" while I'm having an aneurism trying to get my last 3 reps out, and tells me he thinks 3 sets on bench and some pullups will be enough to hold him over for a week.

I hear ya man!
  18. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  145 lbs.

Best video ever - speaking about douchebags at he gym:

http://www.comedycentral.com/videos/...akdown-twitchy
  19. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  224 lbs.

Best video ever - speaking about douchebags at he gym:
    I saw that episode a couple weeks ago. Hilarious. I still cringe every time i hear his jaw smacking on those dumbbells.
  20. Banned
    Stats
    6'0"  209 lbs.

What about the guy that as soon as he sees somebody bigger or more shredded than him says "I would never wanna be that big" or "I would never wanna be that ripped". Yeah like having a big ass arms with 4-5% BF became a bad thing.
  21. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  255 lbs.

This one stuck out because a few people I know take their notebook to the gym...including ME!!! But there's a difference between pulling it out to keep track of what's next in your routine, and how many reps you just did - and then there's the "spend more time writing than working out" guy.

Dude - did you bring a freakin' diary?!?! "Dear Diary, today my form was impeccable on squats, but BOB's form was horrible!!! I watched him for a solid 20 minutes and finally had enough. I just don't understand why he got so upset when I grabbed his ass! I was just trying to help!!!"
    Very true neofrost, if you discreetly write down real quick what you did thats fine, but alot of guys pull it out sit down and write for 2-3 minutes! Its like WTF are you ****ens or something holy ****, put down the pen and get to work!
  22. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  255 lbs.

Well two more to add today.

One was wearing sunglasses inside and doing lat pulldowns by simply rocking back and forth at the hips and their was an older guy on the machines lifting with dishwashing gloves on! Hahahahahahaha
  23. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  187 lbs.

There's this Marine I worked out with a few times at Planet Fitness (yeah, I train at the home of the Lunk Alarm -.-) and he always preaches to me about God now. Every damn time. I mean, I don't mind talking about religion or anything I have an open mind... but he's one of those super religious, crazy Christian types that I'm not too fond of. Other then that, nice dude.

There's also this one kid who always wears the same cut off shirt (which is way too tight) and refuses to take his hat off during his workout, he always copies my workout and he constantly flexes his 10" biceps in the mirror. But funny thing, he'll copy all my upperbody workouts but never lower body.

There's another group of kids that come in and always wear TAPOUT hoodies. They're just top heavy frat boys with cigarette legs that barge into the weightroom and do biceps and chest 3 times a week for about an hour and a half everytime. And they always just come up to whatever station you're at and take plates, sometimes even from the barbell I JUST loaded up. Douche-baggery.

And the fact that every guy at Planet Fitness is top heavy and curls on the squat rack longer then I actually squat. Ridiculous.
  24. New Member
    Stats
    6'4"  220 lbs.

What about trainers at the gym? I cant stand most those f*****s.
    They make like what $8 an hour and act like they own the place.
    I think they are all pissed cuz training blue haired old ladies 8 hours a day isnt what
    they thought they were signing up for and now they have ****ty attitudes about it.
  25. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'5"  220 lbs.

Last night there was this guy at the gym I couldn't stand...had to go out to my car and get my ear buds and rock some Lamb of God to take my mind off it.
    I'm not sure if he was doing this because he truely believes it helps him, if he was doing it because there was an average looking girl in the gym, or if he had just started doing it when I walked in because he wanted me to notice how intense he was.

When I first stopped to see what was making him breath so hard, he was doing dips, only dipping down about an inch and then back up. I stopped and stared at him and when he was done he said "sup bro."

Hard to believe he got that impressive 32 inch barrel chest and those horseshoe twigs from doing one inch dips! This guy looked like he had never seen a gym in his life...
  26. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'5"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by ken22 View Post
    What about trainers at the gym? I cant stand most those f*****s.
    They make like what $8 an hour and act like they own the place.
    I think they are all pissed cuz training blue haired old ladies 8 hours a day isnt what
    they thought they were signing up for and now they have ****ty attitudes about it.
    I agree with that, and I love it when the smallest trainer in the gym comes up and tries to give you advice on form and what parts of your body are being worked out like you don't already know. If their advice really worked, maybe they'd be bigger.
  27. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.

1. People that never re-rack the weights
    2. People that try to superset on 2 pieces of equipment when its overly crowded and refuse to let others work in with them.
    3. When people throw the dumbells down
  28. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  207 lbs.

People who are concerned about other people in the gym.
  29. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  145 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by luelinks View Post
    What about the guy that as soon as he sees somebody bigger or more shredded than him says "I would never wanna be that big" or "I would never wanna be that ripped". Yeah like having a big ass arms with 4-5% BF became a bad thing.
    I hear that ALL the time mate, and not just in the gym.

I'd love to be 180-200 pounds of pure muscle with 4-5% bf (as long as I looked proportionate to my height), and I hate it when people who are SO OBVIOUSLY envious of those who have managed this, just trash talk for no reason.

Seriously, none of the massive dudes in my gym annoy anyone. They go there, work-out quietly, don't act like douchebags (unlike smaller more insecure guys) and don't come up to you to tell you how they would feel if they were 150 pound, >20%bf weaklings!

So shut up about other guys, and just do your own thing! If you need to put others down, then obviously you are jealous!
  30. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

old dudes with no muscle tone who don't swim in speedos. What is up with that?

I'm not hating on speedos, just if you're gonna don lycra please use it for more reasons that exposing your legs to the world.
    Comic Sans makes me feel gangsta
  31. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1s View Post
    old dudes with no muscle tone who don't swim, but wear speedos. What is up with that?
    your post confused me... so I fixed it. :-) Sounded like you were complaining about old dudes who swim in something other than speedos.

I saw this at my gym the other day... old guy looking at the seated curl machine, and decides to use it for a standing exercise that resembles an arced front raise. And then his wife goes to the leg curl machine, sits on it, and starts doing crunches.
  32. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  145 lbs.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by hitsquaddd View Post
    There's another group of kids that come in and always wear TAPOUT hoodies. They're just top heavy frat boys with cigarette legs that barge into the weightroom and do biceps and chest 3 times a week for about an hour and a half everytime. And they always just come up to whatever station you're at and take plates, sometimes even from the barbell I JUST loaded up. Douche-baggery.
    Oh shizz that reminds me of something that just happened over the weekend to me. Gather around kids, it's story time:

I go to the main gym on post here (Army Post) mainly because it's right around the corner from my house AND it's free. One of the perk of the Army - being fit is required so we get to have free gyms (even in combat zones). I'm not a big dude by any means, but everyone has to work on their bodies, right? So no shiz there I am on my 3rd set of bench-press (not gonna say how much weight ) and some 20 year old ass-bag come over and starts to take a plate off! I turn to him and say "dude I'm about to start my last set can you wait a minute?". He has the balls to to snicker and say "Oh really? 'Cause if I was your size I'd just give up." A rage filled inside me.

Side note: You see - there is a reason I have an absolutely vicious tongue and fists to back it up. Just think: Who gets picked on more growing up - the smallest kid in the class or the 6'9" 350lbs monstrosity that could be mistaken for an NFL Defensive Tackle? THAT's why you run across the scrappy little dude that has a Napoleon complex all the time. Now I'm 27 years old - since grown out of that phase a long time ago. Well the constant fighting part anyway....

I stood up and loudly proclaimed "Well sh*t, Bruno, I'm sorry I didn't shoot out of my mom's ass looking like a genetic mutation like you! There's a reason I'm here - and it's NOT to impress some young trouser stain who has retard strength due to his parents being siblings! Go fist your f*cking boyfriend!"

So he leaves. Sort of. I noticed when I was done that he was standing about 20' away watching me bench. At the foot end of the bench - probably staring at my nuts. Or wondering why I go so low and go really slow.

Fin.
  33. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  179 lbs.

Oh shizz that reminds me of something that just happened over the weekend to me. Gather around kids, it's story time:

I go to the main gym on post here (Army Post) mainly because it's right around the corner from my house AND it's free. One of the perk of the Army - being fit is required so we get to have free gyms (even in combat zones). I'm not a big dude by any means, but everyone has to work on their bodies, right? So no shiz there I am on my 3rd set of bench-press (not gonna say how much weight ) and some 20 year old ass-bag come over and starts to take a plate off! I turn to him and say "dude I'm about to start my last set can you wait a minute?". He has the balls to to snicker and say "Oh really? 'Cause if I was your size I'd just give up." A rage filled inside me.

Side note: You see - there is a reason I have an absolutely vicious tongue and fists to back it up. Just think: Who gets picked on more growing up - the smallest kid in the class or the 6'9" 350lbs monstrosity that could be mistaken for an NFL Defensive Tackle? THAT's why you run across the scrappy little dude that has a Napoleon complex all the time. Now I'm 27 years old - since grown out of that phase a long time ago. Well the constant fighting part anyway....

I stood up and loudly proclaimed "Well sh*t, Bruno, I'm sorry I didn't shoot out of my mom's ass looking like a genetic mutation like you! There's a reason I'm here - and it's NOT to impress some young trouser stain who has retard strength due to his parents being siblings! Go fist your f*cking boyfriend!"

So he leaves. Sort of. I noticed when I was done that he was standing about 20' away watching me bench. At the foot end of the bench - probably staring at my nuts. Or wondering why I go so low and go really slow.

Fin.
    LMAO oh man I wish I was there when you said that to him. I bet he didn't expect that at all. Repd
  34. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  145 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bashman View Post
    LMAO oh man I wish I was there when you said that to him. I bet he didn't expect that at all. Repd

Thanks for the reps...

The other great thing about that was that a few of my soldiers were in the vicinity. They said that when they overheard the moron say that to me, they stopped what they were doing to see how I'd react.

They know me all too well. They're still laughing about the look on the guy's face!
  35. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  184 lbs.

idk if i would call this guy a dousche but he is definitely a ***. i been noticing this since beginning of november. there's this 50ish lookin guy at my gym and every time im workin out arms or shoulders, he follows me to the next workout, goes in front of me and bends over so im basically starin at his ass throughout my workout. like im sick of closin my eyes when i lift and i just wanna tell this guy to get the **** out in front of me. same with my cousin if he's around and i ask for a spot, he always asks if this guy is followin me or somethin. idk if this guys in love with me or not

if blow was characterized as a guy, consider me a homosexual :)
  36. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.

I just can't stand when people take forever between sets, and stand around a machine or area and just talk. I have people at my gym that just stand in a group of like 3 sometimes chill on equipment and do a set every 10 minutes. Literally i did 4 different exercises today for 3-4 sets each while two dudes sat on the same machine for the whole time maybe getting 3 sets.

Nothing pisses me of more then trying to workout with 45-60 seconds between sets and people take like 15 minutes. I dont mind if your just resting for a little but dont take 10-15 minutes when its a small gym.
  37. jin
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.

Jumpshot wrote:
    Nothing pisses me of more then trying to workout with 45-60 seconds between sets and people take like 15 minutes. I dont mind if your just resting for a little but dont take 10-15 minutes when its a small gym.

check.

at my gym, there is this old dood who camps out on the bench,
    all morning,
    every day.
    he benches - no joke - 2 hours a day.
    every day.
    well, he sits on the bench, raps with the other old doods, and lays back every once in a while to push out another 25 reps with 10kgs on either side, i suppose to keep the bar warm.
    hard to hate the guy, as i don't use that bench anyways.
    and, he's like 75, at which point in life i will likely be worm food.
    at least he's moving.

but, what i really hate more than anything is
    holes who just toss their wet towels on the floor in the locker room,
    as if someone should follow them around picking up after their golden selves.

total holes...

that and holes who wait until they walk to their lockers to dry off from the shower,
    leaving a long trail of wetness across the floor,
    just to f-up your clean socks on the way out to put your shoes on.

holes.
  38. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  219 lbs.

I strongly dislike the guys who don't realize what the second curtain and little hooks are for in the shower. Open curtain one, grab the towel and underpants you hung there, apply both and then open curtain two. There's absolutely no reason to ambush me with your balls and hangdown when I'm washing my hands.

Also, underpants go on before socks.
  39. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'5"  163 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Menoth View Post
    I strongly dislike the guys who don't realize what the second curtain and little hooks are for in the shower. Open curtain one, grab the towel and underpants you hung there, apply both and then open curtain two. There's absolutely no reason to ambush me with your balls and hangdown when I'm washing my hands.

Many, MANY reps for this one! So ****ing true!
  40. n87
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Menoth View Post

Yes X3. Cover you junk!!!