My need to vent about false perceptions in weightlifting. - AnabolicMinds.com

My need to vent about false perceptions in weightlifting.

  1. New Member
    DEADn's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    143
    Rep Power
    146

    Reputation

    My need to vent about false perceptions in weightlifting.


    The more I venture into various weightlifting forums the more I see a common trait that alarms me and really turns me off to the max when it comes to weightlifting.

    I see these big guys and used to read their articles about their routines, their food intake and such. I often wondered if I could intake that many calories without being 'Fat'. Yet, what I find that isn't told is the amount of you know what that they take. I don't know if I am allowed to say it in here so I won't but you know what I am talking about. Generally speaking the enhancers. The stuff that pro football players and baseball players are being found guilty. Even the stuff that Greg Valentino takes.

    I am amazed at the price these weightlifting pay in order to practice this stuff in order to get size.

    Whatever happened to the basics where you eat the good foods. High proteins, good fats, supervise your carbs? Take some creatine and drink lots of water. These are the things that a person always hears when they start weightlifting and yet when it comes to really being serious about growing muscle guys go beyond this.

    Personally, when I read articles any more I feel like I am being lied to from the start because they only tell you what 'you' want to hear and they will not expose themselves to what they are really doing.

    I have begun to believe that nearly every bodybuilding is a user of something though they might say I do this training and take in this many calories. I say BS.....you are lying.

    Maybe I have a chip on my shoulder with this, yeah, I think I Probably do because it irks me when I go to forums and see rooms where all the chat is about the forbidden and the moment you speak up against it you are in the middle of a gang bang of hate words because you just hit the 'G spot' if you will.

    Just had to get this off my chest

  2. Senior Member
    panther77's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  197 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,330
    Rep Power
    744

    Reputation

    man who cares if people want to use? thats their own decision and its their body...
  3. New Member
    Brandb11's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    68

    Reputation

    I agree Dead'N the stuff on the market now is awesome. I wouldn't want to go back to "JUST" eating healthy and exercising... and creatine lol that didnt even make my fish bigger!. I got the advantage now and I don't ever want to lose it. Glad to see your supportive of our goals to become genetic freaks.
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    DEADn's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    143
    Rep Power
    146

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by panther77 View Post
    man who cares if people want to use? thats their own decision and its their body...

    It isn't a question of who cares if people want to use, that is there decision. What I am saying is that all this talk of whey proteins, good foods and creatine is really a joke. If you wannt put on huge muscle you gotta under, below the surface to the stuff that people really only talk about behind closed doors. The enhancers, for a broader term. I really don't for bodybuidling competitions but in order to compete, creatine and NO etc isn't going to do it. Even in powerlifting I bet that isn't going to do it.


    When I see guys post their pictures and you can tell that it appears they have worked their tail off to get so big, chances are they didn't do it from chicken, turkey, steak, creatine, whey protein etc. No, they used enhancers.

    I bring this stuff up because to me it is all a slippery slope in a downward spiral. MOst people don't know how to use that stuff and end up hurting their bodies and at what cost. Also, this stuff is similiar to a religious cult, where a person is not informed on enhancers etc through gossip and told to practice a,b,c etc and only later are introduced to the 'genuine' growers of muscle.

    Does this make sense?

    If I get hate mail on this it will from those who use enhancers and think I am stepping on toes. If you will read my post again you will see that I am not doing that. I am just saying that the sport is a dark lie when it comes to muscle building if you want to get HUGE.
  5. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Steveoph's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    12,523
    Rep Power
    41243

    Reputation

    I think too many people want the fast route. If you look at the all natural BB shows, those guys are still huge, and not freakishly huge like the non-tested competitions. However AAS promise people quick gains. Getting the same results with half the dedication sounds great to many people. Boards like AM hopefully help educate people that do take this more dangerous approach. However like someone already said, you can't tell someone how to live their life and they make their own decisions.

    And you shouldn't get hate mail, we're quite tolerant and everybody is allowed to have an opinion.
  6. New Member
    AlbinoRhino44's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    48
    Rep Power
    89

    Reputation

    dead some of what you say is true, but remember to be huge is unnatural. 290 and ripped requires drugs. it's just not going to happen otherwise. although, to be that big, you have to do the rest of the required work, eating, sleeping, and training. and don't think you don't have to eat just bc you have help. You should eat more. Its just a different level of dedication for those that hope to one day be huge. To each their own
  7. CDB
    Registered User
    CDB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    38
    Posts
    4,543
    Rep Power
    2674

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by DEADn View Post
    I have begun to believe that nearly every bodybuilding is a user of something though they might say I do this training and take in this many calories. I say BS.....you are lying.
    And you just clued in to this? You honestly thought they took creatine and ate some chicken and woke up one morning looking like a Mac Truck?

    Maybe I have a chip on my shoulder with this, yeah, I think I Probably do because it irks me when I go to forums and see rooms where all the chat is about the forbidden and the moment you speak up against it you are in the middle of a gang bang of hate words because you just hit the 'G spot' if you will.

    Just had to get this off my chest
    Because the forbidden is in plain site for the most part. And the only people forbidding it are the government, whose 'experts' generally know less than jack **** about the subject. Steroids are the norm among pros and have been since Arnold's time and likely for a while before, ever since the things were discovered. If people want to juice it's their decision. If you want to read an article ghost written for a 300 pound behemoth that claims it's all in the training volume, that's your decision to wallow in ignorance.

    The chip on your shoulder is NOT new information for most of the conscious world.
  8. New Member
    DEADn's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    143
    Rep Power
    146

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by CDB View Post
    And you just clued in to this? You honestly thought they took creatine and ate some chicken and woke up one morning looking like a Mac Truck?



    Because the forbidden is in plain site for the most part. And the only people forbidding it are the government, whose 'experts' generally know less than jack **** about the subject. Steroids are the norm among pros and have been since Arnold's time and likely for a while before, ever since the things were discovered. If people want to juice it's their decision. If you want to read an article ghost written for a 300 pound behemoth that claims it's all in the training volume, that's your decision to wallow in ignorance.

    The chip on your shoulder is NOT new information for most of the conscious world.
    I never realized how rampant it was.
  9. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    46
    Posts
    31,830
    Rep Power
    768794

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by DEADn View Post
    I never realized how rampant it was.
    seriously? its rampant among high school football players, much less bodybuilders. Bigger Faster Stronger ...
    This space for rent

    Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  10. Elite Member
    Inarius's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  260 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5,377
    Rep Power
    17438

    Reputation

    truth man... watch bigger faster stronger...

    theres a guy who is doing ads for hydroxycut in there who says... yeah i take hydroxycut but if the people at home want to believe thats all I take to get like this then its their own fault...

    seriously man... common sense has to come into play at some point or another...
    SFW and GFH
  11. yea!!!!!
    brk_nemesis's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  249 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,403
    Rep Power
    812

    Reputation

    Via Bigger, Stronger, Faster.....

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeSyKwep2j0"]YouTube - Arnold Schwarzenegger admitting to steroid use[/ame]
  12. Senior Member
    bigpapa's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,955
    Rep Power
    1570

    Reputation

    i definately agree with you dead. but the thing is, people have their own morals. i mean it sucks to see ya no actual crackheads get sympathy, but if u use steroids, OMFG you are evil. is there really that much of a line? are steroids really that bad? in the public eye it is demonized because all you hear about is the negatives.

    the way i see it is, people will do anything that will get them ahead. i went on because i lost everything after having my shoulder reconstructed at the age of 21. some people it is true they want to be bigger, they want to stronger, they want to be faster.

    it is really a superhuman feeling. when i am on i literally feel indestructible. my confidence is sky high and i feel great about myself. i have never experienced depression when off or any really harsh sides. maybe i am just the lucky one. people are going to have their own views, but hey, he who is without sin cast the first stone.
  13. Senior Member
    bigpapa's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,955
    Rep Power
    1570

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Inarius View Post
    truth man... watch bigger faster stronger...

    theres a guy who is doing ads for hydroxycut in there who says... yeah i take hydroxycut but if the people at home want to believe thats all I take to get like this then its their own fault...

    seriously man... common sense has to come into play at some point or another...
    and christian boeving, the guy from the movie, muscletech fired him after the movie lol
  14. Elite Member
    Inarius's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  260 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5,377
    Rep Power
    17438

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bigpapa View Post
    and christian boeving, the guy from the movie, muscletech fired him after the movie lol
    lol i figured he would get canned after that
    SFW and GFH
  15. New Member
    DEADn's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    143
    Rep Power
    146

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Inarius View Post
    truth man... watch bigger faster stronger...

    theres a guy who is doing ads for hydroxycut in there who says... yeah i take hydroxycut but if the people at home want to believe thats all I take to get like this then its their own fault...

    seriously man... common sense has to come into play at some point or another...
    this is a bit of an example of why I made my post. The more I see ads and such the more I understand these guys are doing these things to get paid, not because they telling the truth.

    I am reminded by the words of Ronnie Coleman from his first video where he stated that all he knew about BBing was you had to take steroids. This was before he got into it. Yet, you never hear him say that when he got into it he found out he didn't have to take them. A person has to understand that it goes with the territory. For me, maybe I was a bit naive with the whole thing. I sort of figured that those guys in the very elite class of Pro's are probably taking them BUT in reality all levels of competition use them.

    Does this same go for those who are powerlifters as well? I have not read alot of the powerlifting industry but my guess is this game goes on in all levels of weightlifting. Would you agree?

    Lastly, I know they guys who adverstise things, like the hydroxycut are doing so because they are getting paid. Not because they are telling to truth. Maybe they are only saying half the truth. Yet, I get a kick out of guys who get themselves sponsored by some company and promote it like it is what gets them through. Ronnie Coleman and BSN example. Since his stint at BSN he hasn't been so great in competition.
    There is another guy as well who I recently saw being sponsored by a nutrition company who was sponsored by another company yet trains a regiment produced by a guy who owns yet another company. Just funny in my opinion. The things people do to get paid.
  16. Elite Member
    Inarius's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  260 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5,377
    Rep Power
    17438

    Reputation

    yeah and they get paid a **** ton of money to do these things....

    as for powerlifters... there are tested federations and there are open federations... depends on which one you join... same with bodybuilding...

    you still have yet to point out why steroids are bad... who cares if people use them? it doesnt affect you at all....
    SFW and GFH
  17. Senior Member
    bigpapa's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,955
    Rep Power
    1570

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Inarius View Post

    you still have yet to point out why steroids are bad... who cares if people use them? it doesnt affect you at all....
    exactly. nobody has actually proven they are bad because there has been no medical testings.
  18. Elite Member
    bioman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,697
    Rep Power
    513131

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Several factors influence why these huge guys "lie".

    The legality issue is certainly one. Public figures can't run around admitting to illicit drug use and not expect an investigation at some point in their lives. Just ask Snoop Dog.

    More than the legality issue though is the money factor. Giant meatheads sell products to hundreds of millions of 90 pound weaklings via the illusion that product XYZ was all it took to give them the competitive advantage. Ruining this illusion within this industry is taboo.

    Everyone wants to be the uber man, but extremely few have the dedication, knowledge etc to achieve lots of LBM and low BF% without supplemental help. ALL of the pro's today use vast amounts of AAS not only as a crutch, but as a mandatory requirement to go well above their genetic potential.
  19. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    46
    Posts
    31,830
    Rep Power
    768794

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by DEADn View Post
    this is a bit of an example of why I made my post. The more I see ads and such the more I understand these guys are doing these things to get paid, not because they telling the truth.
    Don't you think any celebrity who is doing an advertisement is the same? do you think that Jessica Simpson counts on proactiv for her acne control? Do you think that magic johnson wears hanes?

    Did you happen to be homeschooled?

    Quote Originally Posted by DEADn View Post
    I am reminded by the words of Ronnie Coleman from his first video where he stated that all he knew about BBing was you had to take steroids. This was before he got into it. Yet, you never hear him say that when he got into it he found out he didn't have to take them. A person has to understand that it goes with the territory. For me, maybe I was a bit naive with the whole thing. I sort of figured that those guys in the very elite class of Pro's are probably taking them BUT in reality all levels of competition use them.
    Kids in high school use them. Estimates are that over 600,000 high school students used steroids of one form or another last year. The highest % growth per year in steroid use is 7th grade girls.....
    This space for rent

    Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  20. keeper
    Guest
    keeper's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by DEADn View Post
    Does this same go for those who are powerlifters as well? I have not read alot of the powerlifting industry but my guess is this game goes on in all levels of weightlifting. Would you agree?
    I can't comment about all powerlifters, but I have a bud who is a current and 8-time world powerlifting champ and personal trainer. He's 5'8 and 220, built like a bull. He swears he's never done illegals and I know for a fact he will not train anyone who uses them.
  21. Elite Member
    Inarius's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  260 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5,377
    Rep Power
    17438

    Reputation

    my favorite quote from rxmuscle.com...
    "Look at what sports has done to steroids"
    SFW and GFH
  22. New Member
    DEADn's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    143
    Rep Power
    146

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    Don't you think any celebrity who is doing an advertisement is the same? do you think that Jessica Simpson counts on proactiv for her acne control? Do you think that magic johnson wears hanes?

    Did you happen to be homeschooled?



    Kids in high school use them. Estimates are that over 600,000 high school students used steroids of one form or another last year. The highest % growth per year in steroid use is 7th grade girls.....
    Never was home schooled. What would that have to do with the topic though? I lifted in high school but at home. I never hung out with any weightlifters in school but then again I was a loner and that was back in the 80s. The guys I have weightlifted with in the past year don't say anything about steroids. Only about Animal products. part of the Animal Barbell Club.

    I agree about the celebrity advertisement thing. Its all bogus.
    When it comes to weightlifting I usually just look for comments on a product if I am thinking about trying it. I push weightlifting adverstisements to the side because it is nonsense to me.

    But again, there isn't much talk about enhancers. Actually, the only zine that I have seen that is really bold about them is Muscular Development.
  23. New Member
    wolverines's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    361
    Rep Power
    50019

    Reputation

    Honestly, I think bodybuilding as a SPORT is probably the snakiest of them all. With the exception of the guys and girls who do it all natural, this sport imo has really taken a downward spiral and is getting pretty pathetic. It wasnt until I saw a video of a guy actually onstage with synthol leaking from his shoulders that I finally realized what a grimy sport bodybuilding really is. Even though those of us who do compete are very disciplined and work our tails off yo do it natural, it really bums me out when I read stuff how the "bodybuilding lifestyle is so honorable and healthy." Total bs. Again just my opinion.
  24. Senior Member
    youngandfree's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,285
    Rep Power
    2268

    Reputation

    I read an article on msn.com yesterday about all these cities spending hundreds of thousands of dollars testing high schoolers for Performance Enhancing Drugs. They said most places spent over $150,000 in 1 year at $200 per test. Out of the thousands tested, each locality had less than 10 positives on the high end. High school use apparently isn't as rampant as the feds and companies that win the contracts to do the testing make it out to be. Otherwise they would have many more positive tests.
  25. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    46
    Posts
    31,830
    Rep Power
    768794

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by youngandfree View Post
    I read an article on msn.com yesterday about all these cities spending hundreds of thousands of dollars testing high schoolers for Performance Enhancing Drugs. They said most places spent over $150,000 in 1 year at $200 per test. Out of the thousands tested, each locality had less than 10 positives on the high end. High school use apparently isn't as rampant as the feds and companies that win the contracts to do the testing make it out to be. Otherwise they would have many more positive tests.
    or the tests are testing for standard illegal AAS, and the designers aren't showing up as positives.
    This space for rent

    Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  26. Senior Member
    Red Dog's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,165
    Rep Power
    39386

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    Kids in high school use them. Estimates are that over 600,000 high school students used steroids of one form or another last year.
    And I think this might be a rather conservative estimate. I think few people realize just how rampant steroid use currently is in the 16-21 age group among both student athletes and non-athletes.
  27. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    46
    Posts
    31,830
    Rep Power
    768794

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
    And I think this might be a rather conservative estimate. I think few people realize just how rampant steroid use currently is in the 16-21 age group among both student athletes and non-athletes.
    cheerleaders using winny and clen to try and drop 4-5 lbs
    This space for rent

    Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  28. New Member
    DEADn's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    143
    Rep Power
    146

    Reputation

    I think this post of mine reflects a stage I am going through in life. Just one of anger in weightlifting. For whatever reason this issue has been magnified before my eyes and because of it it has angered me to the point of thinking that all my time lifting has been somewhat of a joke.

    Seems like the whole thing has gotten under my pysche and it is doing a number inside of my head. I am sure it will eventually pass but right now it just boils like anger within me.

    The anger is just that so many guys who use want to deny they use and want 'us' to believe it was pure hard work in the gym and good diet, etc, that got them as big as they are when they are full of crap and really full of themselves.

    The whole thing has caused me to keep my surfing of weightlifting sites to a minimum anymore because when I read about guys who have this big lift and everyones is in awe, I think to myself, yeah, you got there because of that juice but you aren't going to admit it and yet everyone will call the person a BEAST because of the amount yet juice is what helped him surge to that point. To each his own on it has some would say.

    Again, I am not anger people are going to use it, I am angry with the fact that people don't tell the truth that they are using and it is the biggest reason why they are so big and can lift so much vs someone who is just keeping to the basics of good food and high protein with maybe some energy stimulants in there.


    Maybe what I need now is someone just to throwing some cold water over me and tell me to chill out. I probably do need to chill out lol
  29. Senior Member
    FlexW99's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  218 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,795
    Rep Power
    1098

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by DEADn View Post
    I think this post of mine reflects a stage I am going through in life. Just one of anger in weightlifting. For whatever reason this issue has been magnified before my eyes and because of it it has angered me to the point of thinking that all my time lifting has been somewhat of a joke.

    Seems like the whole thing has gotten under my pysche and it is doing a number inside of my head. I am sure it will eventually pass but right now it just boils like anger within me.

    The anger is just that so many guys who use want to deny they use and want 'us' to believe it was pure hard work in the gym and good diet, etc, that got them as big as they are when they are full of crap and really full of themselves.

    The whole thing has caused me to keep my surfing of weightlifting sites to a minimum anymore because when I read about guys who have this big lift and everyones is in awe, I think to myself, yeah, you got there because of that juice but you aren't going to admit it and yet everyone will call the person a BEAST because of the amount yet juice is what helped him surge to that point. To each his own on it has some would say.

    Again, I am not anger people are going to use it, I am angry with the fact that people don't tell the truth that they are using and it is the biggest reason why they are so big and can lift so much vs someone who is just keeping to the basics of good food and high protein with maybe some energy stimulants in there.


    Maybe what I need now is someone just to throwing some cold water over me and tell me to chill out. I probably do need to chill out lol

    I have been in the game for 14 years now. I think I've had many-a-thought like the ones you are experiencing. I got out of the game for a bit when I too found out how extreme and rampant the drug use was and what I needed to do to get where I wanted. AAS dabbling vs AAS and HGH coupled with Slin and year long cycles made it easy to quit. I've made a great decision by not taking it so seriously and remembering that this is a marathon not a sprint. While I could never compete, I still get many complements on my size, strength, and symmetry and all I do is maintain consistentcy. Diet, training, moderation. I still get the high from the compliments, while keeping my life level and not worrying about my next shot or too much skin on my chicken. Remember guys who are 'on' still do have to work hard to get their gains and if you dont, well theyll be flatter than the donut on the car when they come off.

    Theres much more I could write, but the game is a complex one. Mental, physical and emotional challenges.. one that you're experiencing...stay on course, work on your game and dont take the game too seriously unless you plan to make it your life.
  30. New Member
    sonofsteven's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Age
    30
    Posts
    259
    Rep Power
    197

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    Don't you think any celebrity who is doing an advertisement is the same? do you think that Jessica Simpson counts on proactiv for her acne control? Do you think that magic johnson wears hanes?

    Did you happen to be homeschooled?



    Kids in high school use them. Estimates are that over 600,000 high school students used steroids of one form or another last year. The highest % growth per year in steroid use is 7th grade girls.....
    So this is why girls are sprouting t**s so early these days ! Thank god , I felt like a perv for noticing these things .
  31. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    46
    Posts
    31,830
    Rep Power
    768794

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by sonofsteven View Post
    So this is why girls are sprouting t**s so early these days ! Thank god , I felt like a perv for noticing these things .
    no actually interestingly its mostly because bodyfat levels are so much higher now than they ever were before, and that is one of the triggers for girls to start producing estrogen - having enough bodyfat.
    This space for rent

    Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  32. CDB
    Registered User
    CDB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    38
    Posts
    4,543
    Rep Power
    2674

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bigpapa View Post
    exactly. nobody has actually proven they are bad because there has been no medical testings.
    Proof and common sense are two different things though. Is there a long term study showing constantly screwed LDL and HDL from oral steroid use will increase your chances of heart attach or other health risks? No. But use your brain, long term use that leads to indicators that are known risk factors can't be good. It's just no one has tallied the numbers yet. Just because there is no proof steroids are harmful doesn't mean they're made of nerf. They are powerful medications and warrant caution and moderation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Inarius
    my favorite quote from rxmuscle.com...
    "Look at what sports has done to steroids"


    Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL
    no actually interestingly its mostly because bodyfat levels are so much higher now than they ever were before, and that is one of the triggers for girls to start producing estrogen - having enough bodyfat.
    You're also more prone to notice sexual signals as an adult than before your balls dropped. I looked back in some of my yearbooks when I noticed myself noticing younger girls, and they were hot as hell back then too. I just didn't have a clue yet. There were girls in my sixth grade class that made my jaw drop, I sure as hell didn't remember them that way.
  33. Elite Member
    Inarius's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  260 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5,377
    Rep Power
    17438

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by CDB View Post
    Proof and common sense are two different things though. Is there a long term study showing constantly screwed LDL and HDL from oral steroid use will increase your chances of heart attach or other health risks? No. But use your brain, long term use that leads to indicators that are known risk factors can't be good. It's just no one has tallied the numbers yet. Just because there is no proof steroids are harmful doesn't mean they're made of nerf. They are powerful medications and warrant caution and moderation.







    You're also more prone to notice sexual signals as an adult than before your balls dropped. I looked back in some of my yearbooks when I noticed myself noticing younger girls, and they were hot as hell back then too. I just didn't have a clue yet. There were girls in my sixth grade class that made my jaw drop, I sure as hell didn't remember them that way.
    lol ive been injecting nerf for years now! does wonders for DOMS and gives a great pump!
    SFW and GFH
  34. Professional Member
    lennoxchi's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,643
    Rep Power
    2367

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    I think too many people want the fast route. If you look at the all natural BB shows, those guys are still huge, and not freakishly huge like the non-tested competitions. However AAS promise people quick gains. Getting the same results with half the dedication sounds great to many people. Boards like AM hopefully help educate people that do take this more dangerous approach. However like someone already said, you can't tell someone how to live their life and they make their own decisions.

    And you shouldn't get hate mail, we're quite tolerant and everybody is allowed to have an opinion.
    and that's not to say that they've never used AAS, correct? doesn't "natural" mean you've been "off" for a year or more?
  35. Professional Member
    lennoxchi's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,643
    Rep Power
    2367

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bigpapa View Post
    exactly. nobody has actually proven they are bad because there has been no medical testings.
    has there been one documented case in history where someone has died from use?
  36. Elite Member
    Inarius's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  260 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5,377
    Rep Power
    17438

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by lennoxchi View Post
    has there been one documented case in history where someone has died from use?
    nope. well at least not to my knowledge... maybe from extreme doses...
    SFW and GFH
  37. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    46
    Posts
    31,830
    Rep Power
    768794

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by lennoxchi View Post
    and that's not to say that they've never used AAS, correct? doesn't "natural" mean you've been "off" for a year or more?
    depends on which natural group you are talking about. Some any OTC available product that isn't specifically banned by their group is ok, so for instance The ONE or Dymethazine would have been ok to have used since they were too new to be listed by name.
    This space for rent

    Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  38. Professional Member
    hardknock's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,204
    Rep Power
    18666

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by DEADn View Post

    Just had to get this off my chest
    This is far from correct. The articles and stories that you hear are not lies so to speak.

    If you hear someone like poliquin give advice on weight lifting then he is teaching you methods and techniques to achieve you max potential. What you achieve beyond this is outside of your genetic potential. In order to go beyond that you must use PE's.

    I'm not seeing how you feel people are lying to you?
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Eeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! Gotta Vent!
    By just93 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-03-2008, 12:41 PM
  2. just needed to vent.
    By protomike in forum General Chat
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-20-2006, 10:35 AM
  3. Have to vent
    By Nullifidian in forum General Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-18-2005, 01:13 AM
  4. Need to vent.
    By Funny Monkey in forum General Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-06-2005, 12:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in