Transformers 2

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. Transformers 2


    WTF you doing reading this? Go see Transformers 2.


  2. Got poor reviews, good action I assume?

  3. Still plan on seeing it but damn the reviews are horrible for this film.
    •   
       


  4. Really? Who the HELL gave it bad reviews? I went in with low hopes, not from reviews, but I was like "eh its another movie, one was pretty good, this should be too"

    And came out with a boner (and not just because of Megan Fox).

    Brilliant story, history revealed, moments of tragedy, moments of absolute hilarity, and an ending that you did not imagine could be. It shocks you to the core.

    Not too mention, as you guess, the action makes you hate your life for the sheer boredom it represents in comparison.

  5. I was told that Ebert gave it a bad review so I looked it up. Then I went to rottentomatoes and it had a 20 something % rating. most critics hated it.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk View Post
    I was told that Ebert gave it a bad review so I looked it up. Then I went to rottentomatoes and it had a 20 something % rating. most critics hated it.
    wow, who pissed in their cheerios? Well either way, its one of those movies if you dont see, you will be pissed because everyone will be talking about it for the next 2 months. Its worth having under the belt, enjoyable at least.

    I still give it an 8.8-9.0 out of 10 personally, and I am hard and judgmental on movies.

  7. I'm going into the movie looking for a bunch of explosions, cool robot fights and Megan Fox. if none of those disappoint then i'll be happy
  8. JDK5386
    JDK5386's Avatar

    http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/...IEWS/906239997

    "If you want to save yourself the ticket price, go into the kitchen, cue up a male choir singing the music of hell, and get a kid to start banging pots and pans together. Then close your eyes and use your imagination."

    "The movie has been signed by Michael Bay. This is the same man who directed "The Rock" in 1996. Now he has made "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen." Faust made a better deal. This isn't a film so much as a toy tie-in."

    "There are many great-looking babes in the film, who are made up to a flawless perfection and look just like real women, if you are a junior fanboy whose experience of the gender is limited to lad magazines."

    Ebert is a huge movie fan, and he reviews the vast majority of movies favorably. This movie must be awful for him and ~75% of other critics to review it negatively.

  9. Was at 22 percent on Rotten Tomatoes. That is a large group of critics. I may go see it. The reviews are scaring me away.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk View Post
    I'm going into the movie looking for a bunch of explosions, cool robot fights and Megan Fox. if none of those disappoint then i'll be happy
    Plenty of all of that.

    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyIOSOS View Post
    Was at 22 percent on Rotten Tomatoes. That is a large group of critics. I may go see it. The reviews are scaring me away.
    wow, I dont get the critics at all? Maye they have more taste than me(doesnt take much) but jeez. It is 2 and 1/2 hours long. Eh, screw em. This is how cult classics are born.

  11. i think it looks awesome, first one was awesome. megan fox is awesome.
    Away to see it at 1pm so no screaming kids!
    “We are what we repeatedly do. Therefore, excellence is not an act, but a habit.”
  12. UKStrength
    UKStrength's Avatar

    Its awesome, I don't care for film reviews, I can make my own judgement just fine

  13. I am not too big on these Michael Bay films. Its like they converse in one liners. The dialogue is very weird to me. And the action is entirely CGI. I just cant get into it like I can with movies with better charactar development.

  14. Shia LeBouf = Horrid Dialogue + box office poison.

    But I'll see it for azz kicking robots and Megan, my girlfriend, Fox.

  15. Saw it last night...good action, but overall pretty disappointing.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless

  16. I also heard it was rather disappointing,...I was really wanting it to be better than the first too.

  17. Did those two robots , Mudflap and whateverthef**k come across as racist as I've heard ? I have not seen this one yet but I have been trying to tell people that the first one was racist since it came out on DVD .

  18. Quote Originally Posted by sonofsteven View Post
    Did those two robots , Mudflap and whateverthef**k come across as racist as I've heard ? I have not seen this one yet but I have been trying to tell people that the first one was racist since it came out on DVD .
    Racist? Meh, in a completely annoying, sterotypical, Jar-Jar Binks comedy relief giant FAIL kind of way.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless

  19. I saw it Wednesday. They had it open to some of the Brass, so I went. It wasn't as good as the first one, which was/is one bad ass movie, but it's still better than what some are reporting. And Megan, well, I'll just leave it at this...


    The best movie thus far this summer, The Hangover; I laughed like there's no tomorrow.

  20. You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Iron Lungz again.

    -thats the reason to see transformers right there though

  21. Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    Racist? Meh, in a completely annoying, sterotypical, Jar-Jar Binks comedy relief giant FAIL kind of way.
    I did find those two EXTREMELY irritating. I mean...Other than one fight, I never seen them shoot or do anything save for be retarded.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    Racist? Meh, in a completely annoying, sterotypical, Jar-Jar Binks comedy relief giant FAIL kind of way.
    Ahhhhh I see I see . This might be reson enough for me to wait till DVD , I f@@king HATED that Jar-Jar creature . Ruined that movie for me . Whichever one it was that had Annikin turning into Darth salvaged the franchise for me . Oh yeah , Meagan Fox - :3some:- All day long baby

  23. Just got back... Plenty of action but over all the movie was a big disappointment. I expected a lot more. Just too many stupid moments that wrecked the good parts.

  24. I enjoyed it for what it was: a mindless action film. It would have been nice if the plot was a little more solid, but I was too destracted by the crazy action sequences to care.

    Had quite a few funny moments too. Not all the attempts at humor were sucessful, imo...I guess they were trying to reach a wide audience. And those two over-stereotyped robots: omg, wtf was that.

    Not one of my favorite movies, but it was a lot of fun to watch in the theater. The slow-mo of Megan Fox running = gold.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by sonofsteven View Post
    Ahhhhh I see I see . This might be reson enough for me to wait till DVD , I f@@king HATED that Jar-Jar creature . Ruined that movie for me . Whichever one it was that had Annikin turning into Darth salvaged the franchise for me . Oh yeah , Meagan Fox - :3some:- All day long baby
    The 3rd, Return of the Sith. Great movie, best of the new 3 by far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk View Post
    Just got back... Plenty of action but over all the movie was a big disappointment. I expected a lot more. Just too many stupid moments that wrecked the good parts.
    Hmm, well overall it sounds like a disappointment. I think I'll just pass.

  26. Quote Originally Posted by Rhyno View Post
    The slow-mo of Megan Fox running = gold.
    Indeed. I gave her a standing ovation after that.

  27. Honestly the one minute of the movie with the lil truck bot doing you know what to Megan Fox made the movie for me ^.^ I LOLed for 10 minutes. That lil robot was doing hat every man, and half the women, in the audience would do.

  28. Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk View Post
    Just got back... Plenty of action but over all the movie was a big disappointment. I expected a lot more. Just too many stupid moments that wrecked the good parts.
    Saw it last night, pretty much agree with you, Jay. 4 out of 10 for me.

  29. i loved it! you guys are crazy....your looking for plot depth and good dialogue from transformers???? its an action movie....did commando have a good plot....no....but its the best movie of all time!!!!! tranformers was hilarious for the first hour and full of non-stop action the rest of the time....what more can you want....oh yeah and MEGAN FOX....

    and your right zero..the truck bot humping megan fox's leg was flipping hilarious!

  30. Quote Originally Posted by mooch2321 View Post
    i loved it! you guys are crazy....your looking for plot depth and good dialogue from transformers???? its an action movie....did commando have a good plot....no....but its the best movie of all time!!!!! tranformers was hilarious for the first hour and full of non-stop action the rest of the time....what more can you want....oh yeah and MEGAN FOX....

    and your right zero..the truck bot humping megan fox's leg was flipping hilarious!
    Did Total Recall and the original Terminator have good plotlines? Why yes...yes they did. It can be done with actual writing talent.
  31. Future
    Future's Avatar

    I saw it opening night. Actually don't know what disappointed people. There were some intense fight sequences. This film was geared more for the Transformers than humans. It was pretty intense watching Optimus fight with two swords. Was it a perfect film? No. It wont be as good as the first because there can only be a first. I did like it though. Very much an interesting film that kept my attention after a grueling leg workout.

  32. Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    Did Total Recall and the original Terminator have good plotlines? Why yes...yes they did. It can be done with actual writing talent.
    jeez...synthetic organisms from the future that come back to kill the leader of the human resistances mom.....yeah thats an in depth plot line...pshhhhhh......

  33. *********SPOILER ALERT ABOVE********

    (For those that like to be surprised by the "plot"

  34. Quote Originally Posted by mooch2321 View Post
    jeez...synthetic organisms from the future that come back to kill the leader of the human resistances mom.....yeah thats an in depth plot line...pshhhhhh......
    I think X-Men had a similar plot of traveling back in time to to prevent future crises(Cable?) as well as a few other series, I cant remember at the moment though, I just seen it. I Know there was also an instance with Green Lantern like that.
  35. Future
    Future's Avatar

    The plot was basically simple like most protagonist/antagonist movies: stop the bad guy.

  36. Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    The plot was basically simple like most protagonist/antagonist movies: stop the bad guy.
    With the expected Oh Noez!!! and YES!!!'s

    Plus when "sam" was screaming like a girl in the bedroom at college. HAHAHAHHA

  37. saw it tonight, kept falling asleep half way through lol. I've been doing that a lot lately! it was the big fight scenes too when i was dozing off!

    gd film
    “We are what we repeatedly do. Therefore, excellence is not an act, but a habit.”
  38. Future
    Future's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Zero V View Post
    With the expected Oh Noez!!! and YES!!!'s

    Plus when "sam" was screaming like a girl in the bedroom at college. HAHAHAHHA
    Sam's character is a simple kid that is really a wimp that takes up the challenge to help out...even though he is ill equipped. Its really inspirtational in the underdog not giving up when he should.

  39. Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    Sam's character is a simple kid that is really a wimp that takes up the challenge to help out...even though he is ill equipped. Its really inspirtational in the underdog not giving up when he should.
    Honestly if I was in his shoes at that moment, I probably would scream like a girl too LOL. Well, I dont think my vocal cords could do that, but I would scream like a lil biznitch. Then again, anyone who says he wouldn't is lying to you lol.

    He both just got you know whated by a robot, and pissed of Megan Fox.

  40. Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    Sam's character is a simple kid that is really a wimp that takes up the challenge to help out...even though he is ill equipped. Its really inspirtational in the underdog not giving up when he should.
    It's part of the reason so many people love LOTR/Hobbit. It's the little guy sucking it up and showing courage, loyalty and determination.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Transformers 2
    By OCCFan023 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-14-2009, 09:03 PM
  2. New Transformers Movie
    By Nabisco in forum General Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-03-2008, 05:15 PM
  3. Transformers is the SICK!
    By jacked13up in forum General Chat
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 07-16-2007, 10:50 AM
  4. Transformers!
    By BigVrunga in forum General Chat
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 07-08-2007, 04:17 PM
  5. Transformers
    By Jayhawkk in forum General Chat
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-27-2006, 07:15 AM
Log in
Log in