Transformers 2

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
WTF you doing reading this? Go see Transformers 2.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Still plan on seeing it but damn the reviews are horrible for this film.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Really? Who the HELL gave it bad reviews? I went in with low hopes, not from reviews, but I was like "eh its another movie, one was pretty good, this should be too"

And came out with a boner (and not just because of Megan Fox).

Brilliant story, history revealed, moments of tragedy, moments of absolute hilarity, and an ending that you did not imagine could be. It shocks you to the core.

Not too mention, as you guess, the action makes you hate your life for the sheer boredom it represents in comparison.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was told that Ebert gave it a bad review so I looked it up. Then I went to rottentomatoes and it had a 20 something % rating. most critics hated it.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I was told that Ebert gave it a bad review so I looked it up. Then I went to rottentomatoes and it had a 20 something % rating. most critics hated it.
wow, who pissed in their cheerios? Well either way, its one of those movies if you dont see, you will be pissed because everyone will be talking about it for the next 2 months. Its worth having under the belt, enjoyable at least.

I still give it an 8.8-9.0 out of 10 personally, and I am hard and judgmental on movies.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm going into the movie looking for a bunch of explosions, cool robot fights and Megan Fox. if none of those disappoint then i'll be happy :)

JDK5386

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090623/REVIEWS/906239997

"If you want to save yourself the ticket price, go into the kitchen, cue up a male choir singing the music of hell, and get a kid to start banging pots and pans together. Then close your eyes and use your imagination."

"The movie has been signed by Michael Bay. This is the same man who directed "The Rock" in 1996. Now he has made "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen." Faust made a better deal. This isn't a film so much as a toy tie-in."

"There are many great-looking babes in the film, who are made up to a flawless perfection and look just like real women, if you are a junior fanboy whose experience of the gender is limited to lad magazines."

Ebert is a huge movie fan, and he reviews the vast majority of movies favorably. This movie must be awful for him and ~75% of other critics to review it negatively.

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
Was at 22 percent on Rotten Tomatoes. That is a large group of critics. I may go see it. The reviews are scaring me away.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I'm going into the movie looking for a bunch of explosions, cool robot fights and Megan Fox. if none of those disappoint then i'll be happy :)
Plenty of all of that.

Was at 22 percent on Rotten Tomatoes. That is a large group of critics. I may go see it. The reviews are scaring me away.
wow, I dont get the critics at all? Maye they have more taste than me(doesnt take much) but jeez. It is 2 and 1/2 hours long. Eh, screw em. This is how cult classics are born.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
i think it looks awesome, first one was awesome. megan fox is awesome.
Away to see it at 1pm so no screaming kids! :)

UKStrength

Its awesome, I don't care for film reviews, I can make my own judgement just fine ;)

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I am not too big on these Michael Bay films. Its like they converse in one liners. The dialogue is very weird to me. And the action is entirely CGI. I just cant get into it like I can with movies with better charactar development.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Shia LeBouf = Horrid Dialogue + box office poison.

But I'll see it for azz kicking robots and Megan, my girlfriend, Fox.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Saw it last night...good action, but overall pretty disappointing.

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
I also heard it was rather disappointing,...I was really wanting it to be better than the first too.

sonofsteven

Awards
  • Established
Did those two robots , Mudflap and whateverthef**k come across as racist as I've heard ? I have not seen this one yet but I have been trying to tell people that the first one was racist since it came out on DVD .

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Did those two robots , Mudflap and whateverthef**k come across as racist as I've heard ? I have not seen this one yet but I have been trying to tell people that the first one was racist since it came out on DVD .
Racist? Meh, in a completely annoying, sterotypical, Jar-Jar Binks comedy relief giant FAIL kind of way.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I saw it Wednesday. They had it open to some of the Brass, so I went. It wasn't as good as the first one, which was/is one bad ass movie, but it's still better than what some are reporting. And Megan, well, I'll just leave it at this...

The best movie thus far this summer, The Hangover; I laughed like there's no tomorrow.

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Iron Lungz again.

-thats the reason to see transformers right there though

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Racist? Meh, in a completely annoying, sterotypical, Jar-Jar Binks comedy relief giant FAIL kind of way.
I did find those two EXTREMELY irritating. I mean...Other than one fight, I never seen them shoot or do anything save for be retarded.

sonofsteven

Awards
  • Established
Ahhhhh I see I see . This might be reson enough for me to wait till DVD , I f@@king HATED that Jar-Jar creature . Ruined that movie for me . Whichever one it was that had Annikin turning into Darth salvaged the franchise for me . Oh yeah , Meagan Fox - :3some:- All day long baby

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just got back... Plenty of action but over all the movie was a big disappointment. I expected a lot more. Just too many stupid moments that wrecked the good parts.

Rhyno

Rhyno

Awards
  • Established
I enjoyed it for what it was: a mindless action film. It would have been nice if the plot was a little more solid, but I was too destracted by the crazy action sequences to care.

Had quite a few funny moments too. Not all the attempts at humor were sucessful, imo...I guess they were trying to reach a wide audience. And those two over-stereotyped robots: omg, wtf was that.

Not one of my favorite movies, but it was a lot of fun to watch in the theater. The slow-mo of Megan Fox running = gold.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ahhhhh I see I see . This might be reson enough for me to wait till DVD , I f@@king HATED that Jar-Jar creature . Ruined that movie for me . Whichever one it was that had Annikin turning into Darth salvaged the franchise for me . Oh yeah , Meagan Fox - :3some:- All day long baby
The 3rd, Return of the Sith. Great movie, best of the new 3 by far.
Just got back... Plenty of action but over all the movie was a big disappointment. I expected a lot more. Just too many stupid moments that wrecked the good parts.
Hmm, well overall it sounds like a disappointment. I think I'll just pass.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Honestly the one minute of the movie with the lil truck bot doing you know what to Megan Fox made the movie for me ^.^ I LOLed for 10 minutes. That lil robot was doing hat every man, and half the women, in the audience would do.

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
Saw it last night, pretty much agree with you, Jay. 4 out of 10 for me.

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
i loved it! you guys are crazy....your looking for plot depth and good dialogue from transformers???? its an action movie....did commando have a good plot....no....but its the best movie of all time!!!!! tranformers was hilarious for the first hour and full of non-stop action the rest of the time....what more can you want....oh yeah and MEGAN FOX....

and your right zero..the truck bot humping megan fox's leg was flipping hilarious!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i loved it! you guys are crazy....your looking for plot depth and good dialogue from transformers???? its an action movie....did commando have a good plot....no....but its the best movie of all time!!!!! tranformers was hilarious for the first hour and full of non-stop action the rest of the time....what more can you want....oh yeah and MEGAN FOX....

and your right zero..the truck bot humping megan fox's leg was flipping hilarious!
Did Total Recall and the original Terminator have good plotlines? Why yes...yes they did. It can be done with actual writing talent.

Future

I saw it opening night. Actually don't know what disappointed people. There were some intense fight sequences. This film was geared more for the Transformers than humans. It was pretty intense watching Optimus fight with two swords. Was it a perfect film? No. It wont be as good as the first because there can only be a first. I did like it though. Very much an interesting film that kept my attention after a grueling leg workout.

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
Did Total Recall and the original Terminator have good plotlines? Why yes...yes they did. It can be done with actual writing talent.
jeez...synthetic organisms from the future that come back to kill the leader of the human resistances mom.....yeah thats an in depth plot line...pshhhhhh......:006:

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
jeez...synthetic organisms from the future that come back to kill the leader of the human resistances mom.....yeah thats an in depth plot line...pshhhhhh......:006:
I think X-Men had a similar plot of traveling back in time to to prevent future crises(Cable?) as well as a few other series, I cant remember at the moment though, I just seen it. I Know there was also an instance with Green Lantern like that.

Future

The plot was basically simple like most protagonist/antagonist movies: stop the bad guy.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
The plot was basically simple like most protagonist/antagonist movies: stop the bad guy.
With the expected Oh Noez!!! and YES!!!'s

Plus when "sam" was screaming like a girl in the bedroom at college. HAHAHAHHA

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
saw it tonight, kept falling asleep half way through lol. I've been doing that a lot lately! it was the big fight scenes too when i was dozing off!

gd film :)

Future

With the expected Oh Noez!!! and YES!!!'s

Plus when "sam" was screaming like a girl in the bedroom at college. HAHAHAHHA
Sam's character is a simple kid that is really a wimp that takes up the challenge to help out...even though he is ill equipped. Its really inspirtational in the underdog not giving up when he should.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Sam's character is a simple kid that is really a wimp that takes up the challenge to help out...even though he is ill equipped. Its really inspirtational in the underdog not giving up when he should.
Honestly if I was in his shoes at that moment, I probably would scream like a girl too LOL. Well, I dont think my vocal cords could do that, but I would scream like a lil biznitch. Then again, anyone who says he wouldn't is lying to you lol.

He both just got you know whated by a robot, and pissed of Megan Fox.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's part of the reason so many people love LOTR/Hobbit. It's the little guy sucking it up and showing courage, loyalty and determination.

Lacradocious

Lacradocious

Awards
  • Established
I thought it was absolutely terrible. If they tried to top the first one, they failed miserably. I thought the story line was ridiculous and the action scenes were so long and drawn out that I lost interest.

Adam23294

Adam23294

Banned
Awards
How is this film different than any other Michael Bay cinematographic abortion? Over-the-top special effects do NOTHING to make up for ****ty dialogue.

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
How is this film different than any other Michael Bay cinematographic abortion? Over-the-top special effects do NOTHING to make up for ****ty dialogue.
I really liked "Bad Boys" and "Bad Boys 2", Transformers, Part 1, was so much better than second one.

JDK5386

I saw it today. Although it had likable elements, I walked out with shell shock and thinking that sometimes subtlety is important in movies.

The chief problem with the movie was a lack of editing. Of the 2.5 hour run time, probably 1.5 hours of that are robots fighting. I think everyone would have been better off had that been halved. This would have cut the movie down to a tolerable 1 hour 45 minutes and reduced the assault on the senses.

rippedforce63

Awards
  • Established
I agree they could have cut about thirty minutes out of the movie, preferably of dialogue between the humans. It was good for what it was a summer action movie I didn't expect it to hit the caverns of my soul or come away with some newfound sense of self. Its talking robots fighting, I for one am glad they made optimus more bad ass in this movie and actually showed him cleaning some house.

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
*********SPOILER ALERT ABOVE********

(For those that like to be surprised by the "plot"
the movie is like 20 years old....if i ruined the original terminator for anyone who hasnt seen it i apologize....:lol:

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
How is this movie setting such impressive box office marks? Seriously, here are a few things that should dissuade normal people from seeing it:

1. Michael Bay directed it.
2. Shaia Lebuff stars in it (yes the star of such killers as Constantine and that last Indiana Jones sh!tfest).
3. The first one was bad.
4. It's about robots fighting each other. (Yes, I played with them as a kid but I'm not 8 anymore)
5. Reviews were aweful. Critics screw up some (good marks for Australia - WTF?), but this should make people take a step back.
6. The "jive-talking" robots

Megan Fox is hot, but not for me (no ass). Still I can't think of an actress that I'd go see a bad movie for.

We're in a recession, and people are throwing money at this? I was going to see this because truthfully I think terrible movies are hilarious (maybe there are a lot of people like me?), but now I just can't support this.

buuzer0

buuzer0

Awards
  • Established
How is this movie setting such impressive box office marks? Seriously, here are a few things that should dissuade normal people from seeing it:

1. Michael Bay directed it.
2. Shaia Lebuff stars in it (yes the star of such killers as Constantine and that last Indiana Jones sh!tfest).
3. The first one was bad.
4. It's about robots fighting each other. (Yes, I played with them as a kid but I'm not 8 anymore)
5. Reviews were aweful. Critics screw up some (good marks for Australia - WTF?), but this should make people take a step back.
6. The "jive-talking" robots

Megan Fox is hot, but not for me (no ass). Still I can't think of an actress that I'd go see a bad movie for.

We're in a recession, and people are throwing money at this? I was going to see this because truthfully I think terrible movies are hilarious (maybe there are a lot of people like me?), but now I just can't support this.
I also think terrible movies are hilarious (Nic Cage in "The Wicker Man" for example, and that idiotic movie "The Day After Tomorrow"). There's a line though... don't ask me where it is, hell, maybe it's just in my own mind. There's some movies that are so bad that they're good and there are some movies that are just flat out BAD. Like THE SPIRIT. Now, Transformers 2 wasn't that bad, but it was a bloated mess.

I know what to expect from Michael Bay, but this was like Bay fully unrestrained. Idiotic unnecessary attempts at humor, mainly with the human characters: The stuff with Sam's parents, the robot humping Megan Fox's leg (wtf?), balls on Devastator, dogs humping each other, John Turturro's ass in a thong, the stereotype robot twins, and on and on.

If I were in Bay's shoes, I doubt I'd try to tighten up my movie either though. Why bother? People will eat it up regardless. Just go all out and you're guaranteed to make tons of money, which is what you're making the movie for anyway I guess.

Next time he should add: Fat robots who fart and fall down a lot, more midgets, a flamboyantly gay robot (either purple or rainbow colored) who keeps uncomfortably slapping the other robots on the butt after completing a mission, and other lame attempts at humor that apparently go over very well with audiences for Transformers movies. Long as there's enough mindless action and military mobilization scenes it will be excused because, well, it's what we expect from a Michael Bay movie right?

:slap:

Ok, since I don't want to be TOTALLY negative in my post I will say this. One joke that I DID laugh at was when Sam is leaving the frat party and he says something like he's going to check if there are any smaller/tighter shirts at the store and the one frat guy says, "There AREN'T any, we already checked!":lmao:

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
okay...so all you guys doggin on michael bay and transformers.....name some "good" movies....im just curious as to what is acceptable for you guys....dsade had a couple...what else....if anyone says Steel Magnolias im gonna lmfao....