XM Radio?

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
Anyone have it in their car (or home)? I'm debating gettig a portable XM tuner to switch between my car and house/pc, anyone have one already?

$10.00...is it worth that or do you find it a waste?

Sheesh

Awards
  • Established
I have an XM unit in my ride. I would definitely say it's worth it. Why?

- So many unique stations; ESPN, MTV, Tons of Music, CNN; and a plethora more of useful stations regular radio doesn't carry.

- Signal quality: I don't know if this happens with you other guys, but you're on a road trip listening to some quality music on your favorite stations...then bzzz bzzz bzzz. You start losing reception slowly, and eventually all you hear is the fuzz and you're pissed because you have to find a new station. This doesn't happen with XM, anywhere I go the signal is perfect. Even in the middle of nowhere (up here in New England, there's ALOT of "nowheres") you get a beautiful signal.

- Audio Quality - The XM signal is digital, so the quality is just as if you were listening to a CD; all the channels shine through crisply, the bass is perfect; the audigal experience is alot greater than that of regular radio.

There are more pros, but I think those are the main 3, and would be enough to switch me to XM if I didn't already have it!

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
umm, now I think I might need to look at XM..

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
My gym has XM and I love it. Gonna break down and get it for myself soon.

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
sheesh is right. sound quality is the best thing about in my opinion

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
I'm sure not many of you are into it, but the only reason I would consider getting XM is if they offered some good Trance and house stations. Anyone know if they do?

Sir Foxx

Sir Foxx

Awards
  • Established
Before you go XM, check to see if its XM or Sirius that is going to be offering the NFL next year. I forget which, but whichever it is, is the one I will get for my vehicle.

Sheesh

Awards
  • Established
I'm sure not many of you are into it, but the only reason I would consider getting XM is if they offered some good Trance and house stations. Anyone know if they do?
Check their site for more details, but I know they have an electronica station and an underground dance station, both of which might fit your purposes. You crazy raver you. :D

http://www.xmradio.com/index.jsp

btinc

Awards
I travel a lot so xm was a must and i love it. As far as which one depends on taste, if you like a lot of variety xm is the way to go sirrus may have a little better music and they offer the nfl and nba, while xm has nascar. Take a look at both programs and see which one is suited for you.