Neoborns "Hey Check This Out" Post of ?Reality Bites?

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
Hey Guys,

I am currently inspired to create a post of some of the movies I watch, material I read and general knowledge that I gain from around the net and IRL(In Real Life). This can be anything from a great movie that motivated me to something I heard someone say that could help another human being. So, with that said feel free to Learn, Teach and then Lead yourself and others.

I would ask that if you have something you would like to debate from this thread that you open up your own thread and PM or message me with the link, I really don't want to jam this creation up with whining and complaining. If on the other hand you found this inspiring, helpful or any other positive thing, please feel free to add a comment below. This may sound like censorship(and it is in a way), but many find it SO much easier to fill a thread with negative comments and information than positive feedback. Again if you really want to debate anything create a separate thread and post the link here. Thanks!

So to start:

~ ?Conspiracy Theories? ~

I have, for a long time now, held a view of "I generally don't trust big corp, pharma, government or anything else that blatantly tells me how I 'should' think, act and feel, as well as what I should spend my finances on. Now don't get me wrong I am susceptible to these influences because one way or another they get you. Most companies have a profound insight through science, psychologists etc of how humans basically function, are designed and how to influence us through our primal urges etc <insert pic of big boobed hot chick draped over a hot car here>.

I must also admit that I very much do not like or agree with this sheep herding and 'big brother knows best' kind of treatment. I can think for myself, I can reason and have been taught how to use my brain. There are times that others, like my wife, know better and guide me towards non destructive behaviors and actions, and that's the beautiful thing, that when I can't see the path or am lost that my brothers and sisters (humans that care about me), can guide me back gently into doing what. In some cases either saying something or not saying something.

I think long and hard on certain subjects, like child birth, how I was born, why people act the way they act and why they do what they do. I have for a long time been reading into things like self improvement of my mind, body and soul (if in fact you can improve your 'soul' :D).

I have found that the more I read, the more I watch on almost everything to do with the United (are they?) States of America, the conclusion that comes to mind alot of the time is "could they really f*ck everything up even more?" and believe me you (USA) never fail to surprise me :D. Please don't take this mindset individually as a personal dig about you as a person, because even though I think and believe that, I don't just lump you into "damn yankee" etc or "yah forgive him / her she's American". I actually weigh each interaction and person on their own merits by what they individually say and do, not just the country they come from. With that said, its absolutely not just your country that this is happening to because we are now dealing with global governments, corporations(would you like fries with that?) and other entities, that are governing and influencing people and countries across the whole world. If you want to take something from this, it is that I accept and love you as a person, it is the faceless entities that I do not. I also do not accept plain ignorance and stupidity, if you think I am, please open another thread for debate / discussion with me on this. Thanks :)

There are others that can show you the way and are truly experts in their respected fields. In some cases these people have such profound insight into the workings of certain areas and can literally change your views / ways of seeing things in a short conversation. Whether you have the ears to hear, is another topic altogether :D

~Films~

These are generally films I have watched that create food for thought or inspire other channels of thinking rather than the blatant governmental propaganda that is spewed through 'in the .govs' pocket, and vice versa, media outlets

1. Zeitgeist
  2. Zeitgeist Addendum
  3. Zero: An Investigation into 9/11
  4. Loose Change: Final Cut
  5. 9/11 Press For Truth
  6. Martial Law 9/11
  7. Esoteric Agenda
  8. No End In Sight
  9. Why We Fight
  10. Freedom to Fascism

If you are unsure where you can view these movies always check:

1. You Tube
  2. Google Video
  3. Your Local Blockbuster etc
  4. Torrentz.com
Now admittedly these movies may contain unbalanced people with controversial views, but, they may also spark something in you that you have known for a while that 'something just isn't right' or ''they're' not telling us the whole truth'. I would highly recommend watching all or any of these as they will if nothing else firm up your current beliefs or help inspire new trains of thought, both good things.

Last but not least, never take anything just at face value and accept it. Research it, ponder it and find out as to whether there is any real truth beneath the glaring / bold statements or actions of those who you entrust with your life, your children and wellbeing!

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
~ Pregnancy & Natural Childbirth ~

My wife and I recently became pregnant, well she did and I just look like I'm three months :D. So here we have a new journey that we are embarking on. We are learning how to basically how to bring this small gift into this world with the least amount of trauma, drugs and noise to give the little thing a fair chance & a good start!

I must admit my wife is truly amazing, she has spent hundreds of hours researching, reading and scouring life / the web to find the best information on how we can do this. I really think we make a great team as we both have our own strengths and weaknesses. She will research the living shiz out of one subject but have no interest in another, which is where, as you might have guessed it, is where I come in :). There are some things that matter more to me than others and vice versa for her. It was pretty freaky that we basically agreed almost without words on a home waterbirth. I have been thinking on birth and how I was born for many years. I have also for the longest time thought 'there has to be a better way than some stranger pulling me out, the bright lights, the cold environment and all the other interactions that happen within a sterile(really?you mean pits of infection and disease right?) hospital environment" and we have found that there is!. That's why we have chosen to have a home water birth.

So, we decided on that and then went to work on finding out the best way to go about this. There is a wealth of knowledge in books and the web free for the taking that can literally make or break your child! I have more to say later :D

Last but not least, do NOT let those that only care about the easiest, most profitable method of extracting this baby from within you, that fits within their work / recreational schedules, from robbing you of a positive life changing experience!

~ Films ~
  1. What Babies Want
  2. Pregnant In America
  3. The Business of Being Born
~Books~

1. Ina Mays Guide To Childbirth
  2. Dads Pregnant Too

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
~ Other ~

~ Films ~

1. Flow - For The Love of Water
  2. Crude Awakening
  3. Who Killed The Electric Car
  4. An Inconvenient Truth

SoCo4Fun

SoCo4Fun

Awards
  • Established

My wife and I recently became pregnant, well she did and I just look like I'm three months :D. So here we have a new journey that we are embarking on. We are learning how to basically how to bring this small gift into this world with the least amount of trauma, drugs and noise to give the little thing a fair chance & a good start!

I must admit my wife is truly amazing, she has spent hundreds of hours researching, reading and scouring life / the web to find the best information on how we can do this. I really think we make a great team as we both have our own strengths and weaknesses. She will research the living shiz out of one subject but have no interest in another, which is where, as you might have guessed it, is where I come in :). There are some things that matter more to me than others and vice versa for her. It was pretty freaky that we basically agreed almost without words on a home waterbirth. I have been thinking on birth and how I was born for many years. I have also for the longest time thought 'there has to be a better way than some stranger pulling me out, the bright lights, the cold environment and all the other interactions that happen within a sterile(really?you mean pits of infection and disease right?) hospital environment" and we have found that there is!. That's why we have chosen to have a home water birth.

So, we decided on that and then went to work on finding out the best way to go about this. There is a wealth of knowledge in books and the web free for the taking that can literally make or break your child! I have more to say later :D

Last but not least, do NOT let those that only care about the easiest, most profitable method of extracting this baby from within you, that fits within their work / recreational schedules, from robbing you of a positive life changing experience!

~ Films ~
  1. What Babies Want
  2. Pregnant In America
  3. The Business of Being Born
Awesome, Awesome post!

We didn't do a home water birth (we went drug free in a hospital) but are huge proponents of The Bradley Method...I suggest that book to anyone looking to do a natural child birth. There are some topics in that book I don't agree with but it is an awesome starting point...reps to you for this one...

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
Thanks bro....more info to come as I add more details and have time to type :D

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
I'd like to add America: Freedom to Fascism is an excellent film that really goes together with some of the ideas in the films listed. Great thread!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Who Killed The Electric Car was definitely interesting

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not really the inspirational or motivational thread I thought it was going to be from the first paragraph...

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, what intrigued me was how up in the air the ending really was. I mean yes, GM chose to scrap the 120ish vehicles when there were celebs and some amount of other people willing to buy them, but at the same time they were unable to get any significant amount of regular consumers to leave a deposit on a vehicle. I think they managed to only get around 100 deposits. I wonder what would have happened had california stuck to their guns and their requirements.

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, what intrigued me was how up in the air the ending really was. I mean yes, GM chose to scrap the 120ish vehicles when there were celebs and some amount of other people willing to buy them, but at the same time they were unable to get any significant amount of regular consumers to leave a deposit on a vehicle. I think they managed to only get around 100 deposits. I wonder what would have happened had california stuck to their guns and their requirements.
Yeah that was nuts from just a business sense even. Ed Begley just didn't have enough clout I guess.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
at least it looks like with the Volt other than the fact that the generator is still gasoline and not biodiesel that GM is finally getting it right.

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
On a personal note due to some feedback by LakemountD. If any of you have been complaining about this post please speak up, don't be lame and hide in the shadows because you don't have the b@llz to say something to me directly.

There is nothing in this post that is Anti American in speech or sentiment. If you honestly believe that the USA government and corporations have it right .....message me or make a post and I'll be glad to debate you on any point and concede in any area I may need to. This is a discussion board. Not a "we'll go behind your back and whine to people" board

Sigh....

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
here's a conspiracy theory for ya :) the compound that gives us drive/aggression and the willingness to stick up for ourselves is testosterone. this is even manifested in the most primal urges of "fight or flight". by lowering our testosterone levels, we become a society of sheep - easy to manipulate, and not willing to voice a strong opinion.

trans fat lowers testosterone, and the FDA decided that 0.5g of trans fat is really 0g - it magically disappeared, and they allow companies to write in big letters "Zero g trans fat!" across their labels. Conveniently, the portion sizes are becoming smaller as well, so they don't even have to change ingredient to make a meal healthy - just take half an ounce out of the portion and voila - magic has happened again! meanwhile, the average consumer takes in god knows how much trans fat (2-5g), and experiences a lowering of aggression via low testosterone. guess this is why we let our rights get taken away.

as bodybuilders, we are one of the last bastions for the drive to fight - the willingness not to accept mediocrity. and we're the only unregulated. maybe this is why the government has placed possession of steroids to hold the same gravity as possession of crystal meth.

also, we must consider that big pharma was so upset about steroids, and their lack of profit (you can't patent what is 70 years old), that they had to find a way to make money from an old compound. hence transdermal testosterone patches - take 30 bucks worth of gear and sell it for $150 via a new delivery system which IS patentable.

badfish51581

badfish51581

Awards
  • Established
You should check out the book, "Survival of the Sickest." The book talks about why certain modern diseases came to be from an evolutionary perspective. One of the chapters addresses the semi-aquatic ape theory - which basically states that wading, swimming and diving for food exerted a strong evolutionary effect on us. It would explain why we don't have hair (just like other marine mammals), it would easily explain why we walk upright, but also addresses that in the context of child birth it makes the MOST sense.

http://www.economicexpert.com/a/Aquatic:Ape:Theory.htm

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
I just watched "The Obama Deception". It is not a republican made movie or anything like that but makes the point it doesn't matter who is president. It gives a pretty interesting idea behind the election of the man. It certainly influenced how I think about him, especially in light of what he has done since taking office. I highly recommend watching this, especially while we are in the midst of the economic "crisis". Very relevant.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ugh, that movie was a bit too tinfoil hat wearing for me to watch, but somewhat related (although not such a big thrill for neo since he's canadian) is IOUSA.

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
Ugh, that movie was a bit too tinfoil hat wearing for me to watch, but somewhat related (although not such a big thrill for neo since he's canadian) is IOUSA.
The only thing I thought was over the top was when he was in the hotel and thought he was followed as he left. The bilderberg stuff I had seen before. What I found interesting was the quotes from past presidents and their opinions on the banking system. When you look at where we're at today, it is pretty f'd up. Did you watch the entire thing?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No, I really couldn't manage to after the hotel piece

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
No, I really couldn't manage to after the hotel piece
I felt that part did a disservice to his movie. He clearly added that for the dramatic effect and it failed. There was some great info and points made in the movie and this scene detracted from it.

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
I have been reading much about vaccines lately and have some links I'm going to add. I'm not really really tinfoil but if both sides represent, why not entertain both ideas....why would you give precedence to one over the other. I follow the one that represents the truth for me and what I have found to be true through experience in myself and others vs what I'm being told to believe.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
But once someone lies, or fabricates to make it all seem real and exciting then they loose credibility and I can't tell any longer what else they are fabricating. Similarly if they really believe something that is obviously just paranoia, I have to wonder how their mental state affects all the rest of what they are saying.