I really really hate cricket

soseg

soseg

Awards
  • Established
Does anybody else hate this stupid sport? its so boring and life-less...
I cant stand it, its the aussie summer here and its all over the fkn tv on a certain tv network... its not a sport, ive seen pro players with guts, the commentators fall asleep and comment about the grass and history of the stands and other non sport related crap

the players just stand there waiting for the ball to come to then...

please, anybody else out there on this board who is familiar with this game... please... please vent your frustration out on it with me

its worse than baseball and lawn bowls

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
well if australia didn't lose so much then you might enjoy it a bit better

i friggin love cricket, especially since australia are losing so much, not to mention cheating and still losing :lol:

soseg, what sport do you like then?

soseg

soseg

Awards
  • Established
nah ive never liked it
its just not lively enough for me

when it comes to a major ball sport - soccer
powerlifting/bodybuilding is fun :D

and squash... now thats fkn action packed... apparently fastest ball sport in the world

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
nah ive never liked it
its just not lively enough for me

when it comes to a major ball sport - soccer
powerlifting/bodybuilding is fun :D

and squash... now thats fkn action packed... apparently fastest ball sport in the world
dude, how can you say soccer is exciting, 1 or 2 goals in 90 mins?? not to mention all the fake injuries and crying to try and milk penalties!! i'd rather watch auusie rules and i can't stand aussie rules!

and squash is about exciting as watching paint dry

give me an aussie/nz one dayer anyday especialy with aussie playing so crap!

:thumbsup:

soseg

soseg

Awards
  • Established
its not about goals being scored, i wont argue this one with you its too easy, especially the fact its the world game

squas... not to watch, but to play!

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
its not about goals being scored, i wont argue this one with you its too easy, especially the fact its the world game

squas... not to watch, but to play!
agree to disagree, i'm just messing with ya, soccer's ok

take care over there in that heatwave

:thumbsup:

soseg

soseg

Awards
  • Established
haha thanks
we've hit a cool change its about 32c / 90f here for the rest of the week... quite cold in relation to the 115 heat waves we had last week! everything in the gym drops by a good 5-10lbs... that or your reps go to ****!

Kurruptive

Kurruptive

Awards
Okay, i find cricket, squash, soccer and all that **** boring.. im sorry fella's to long for me man i have a rather short attention span. NRL, is where its at. not to long, not to short, plenty of ties and whatnot. and the person who mentions AFL, there's a ditch already been dug for you, i hate those Aerial PingPong Cockheads :lol:

soseg

soseg

Awards
  • Established
hey im not an AFL fan but its definitely more exciting to watch than NFL... to many stoppages... but for playing... I never enjoyed AFL... but I was in the states and 2 years ago and played some non-contact american football and it was hell fun... its so tactical, the defense and offense etc... trying to mark the players... but watching it is hell boring! games go so long and argh!

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
Does anybody else hate this stupid sport? its so boring and life-less...
I cant stand it, its the aussie summer here and its all over the fkn tv on a certain tv network... its not a sport, ive seen pro players with guts, the commentators fall asleep and comment about the grass and history of the stands and other non sport related crap

the players just stand there waiting for the ball to come to then...

please, anybody else out there on this board who is familiar with this game... please... please vent your frustration out on it with me

its worse than baseball and lawn bowls
hahaha

no, it's a good sport and fun to watch over a beer and a pie.

and i reckon it's more entertaining than baseball.

1 day cricket and 20/20 cricket is good, the test cricket can get a bit boring without being stoned or drunk

Cricket , although it looks easy, it actually requires a lot of fitness and endurance. Especially from the bowler who's basically sprinting in every bowl and the batsmen who's trying to hit a huge one and then run.

which player had a beer gut anyway?

soseg

soseg

Awards
  • Established
i duno ive seen it before tho, like not a big one but they didnt look fit
i still refuse to believe its fun to WATCH let alone play if ur fielding

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
hahaha

no, it's a good sport and fun to watch over a beer and a pie.

and i reckon it's more entertaining than baseball.

1 day cricket and 20/20 cricket is good, the test cricket can get a bit boring without being stoned or drunk

Cricket , although it looks easy, it actually requires a lot of fitness and endurance. Especially from the bowler who's basically sprinting in every bowl and the batsmen who's trying to hit a huge one and then run.

which player had a beer gut anyway?
Cricket is great! Especially when the Aussies are getting a walloping!

Sports for the G.H.E.Y list:

ping pong (Thai version acceptable)
AFL
AFL international rules (fkn lame arse joke)
tiddlywinks
Soccer
WWF (or whatever those cnuts call themselves now)
knitting

Rugged Sports for true heros:

Rugby Union
Rugby League
Bashing Soccer Players
Hockey (ice or otherwise)
20:20 cricket - imagine Lance Cairns, Boonie and the likes playing THAT game?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You, sir, are a cretin.

soseg

soseg

Awards
  • Established
You, sir, are a cretin.
HAH! is cretin a real word in english? I've only heard people use it to insult others in polish.... hahahhaha love it

cricket still sucks big time tho

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
HAH! is cretin a real word in english? I've only heard people use it to insult others in polish.... hahahhaha love it

cricket still sucks big time tho
i think he's referred to u as a cretin for dogging baseball, america's no.1 game

as for the word critin, it's been around in everyday use for decades and that's in little old New Zealand.

Definition of Cretin - urban dictionary

A word associated to people whose lack of intelligence, manners/etiquette, appreciation, moral fibre and glaring social ineptitude, which in turn allows upstanding, educated, decent, moral, intelligent, socially respectful and hard working people to perceive them as "degenerates" (owing to their inherent and blatantly obvious flaws). A 'cretin' is usually linked, but not limited to the following:

* People who hang around on street corners, shops, public access routes or any other place where the intimidation factor to ordinary, decent folk is a bonus. Note: Participants are usually loud, obnoxious, drunk, seeking trouble, showing off or a combination of all 5.

* Football hooligans who wear specific clothing to associate themselves to 'their' club and make a point that they are looking for trouble e.g. Burberry caps, jeans etc. Also, football hooligans, loudmouths, drunkards etc in general are typically "cretinous".

* Ethnic minorities whose objective is to intimidate, steal, sell drugs, flunk off school, spew forth native commonalities in a drudgingly pathetic manner (you know, the usual).

* Unappreciative partners of seemingly decent, good-looking females whose attitude is mainly focused towards 'chavalry' rather than the more honourable, manly and decent 'chivalry' attitude.

* Yobbo teens who try (without success) to appear bigger than they are, sound educated or coherent (impossible) and try (also without success) to get 'one over' on anyone who ensues an argument with them by uttering common anecdotes, failed educated grammar and vocabulary and "socially hip" (usually obtained from cheesy American soaps or other 'cretins') body movements e.g. "talk to the hand"..No, I won't talk to the hand, shut up, you're pathetic, im talking to you direct otherwise I wouldn't be facing you, you cretin.

* People whose sole purpose in life is to drain the life-force (i.e. human spirit, positivity, ambition and general well-being) from people whose success in life is related to said character traits.

countryboy

unbeleivable, australias greatest hero Don Bradman was a damn cricketer, cmon.

Its the inticacies of the game that make it so exciting, it flows and ebbs, every ball bowled is a mystery, you never know what the outcome is going to be.

please soccer, exciting, they go end to end for 90 minutes and the result 0-0 no wonder the crowds riot all the time, i would feel ripped off giving over my hard earned to get nothing out of it in the end.

soseg

soseg

Awards
  • Established
cricket... nothing happens
soccer... theres action, just cause no team scores doesnt mean anything... none were simply good enough to get through the other teams defense, simple... the fact its the world game and has been for yonks... and nothing is coming close to take its place shows why it is so popular, coz its enjoyable to watch and even better to play
the riots are coz of idiots in europe and south america in poor socio economical areas who have nothing else in their lives but their local teams to cheer on, its the same principal as street gangs, its one thing they can live up too or represent

cricket... is hours of just people standing around, 1 person bowling to a batter... who barely ever hits it... he'll tap it or let it pass to the guys catching behind him... its pathetic... not a sport

i went to a red sox vs white sox game in chicago in 07 plus another local michigan game... it was horribly boring

americas favourite past time? i duno man... to watch... no. nfl to watch... not my cup of tea (tho excellent to play)... went to an NBA game which was action all the time

the fact of the matter is only countries who suck at real sports play cricket.

here let me name a few:

australia, new zealand, south africa, india, sri lanka, pakistan, zimbabwe, and whoever else plays (yes minus the poms they're good in soccer etc)...

when it comes to other big international sports none of these countries shine really anywhere maybe except autralia/nz/south africa are medicore in soccer...

oh and the white outfits they wear in cricket? dressed all formal liek they're going to a dinner party? well... proves my point

soseg

soseg

Awards
  • Established
further to explain myself... i said cricket isnt a sport... well 'sport' is a broad category. you get what i mean. anything can be a sport

however in my opinion cricket is merely a leisurely past time, like fishing (which is cool), but its not non stop action packed (very rarely), and it doesnt ware u out like a physical sport... wihch is what i mean...

i can see why people enjoy it, but it is definitely not a physical sport, and definitely not enjoyable to watch, (fishing is not enjoyable to watch unless its highlights of fish being pulled out), tho everyone has their tastes in 'relaxing leisurely past times', but for me, i refuse to believe people can spend hours and hours training for such a dull life less game and call it a tough sport, get injured (wtf?!) and come back "sore" from an intense game... hah

sucks further that channel 9 here play the **** 24/7 when they could summarize a week long game in 20mins worth of highlights of people missing the ball, catching it, then throwing it up in the air (coz it adds action to the already life less game), and then running around for the group hug which is 50% of the exercise done in the entire day

soseg

soseg

Awards
  • Established
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_aVY7X8HmE"]YouTube - The Goodies - cricket is boring[/ame]

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
oh and the white outfits they wear in cricket? dressed all formal liek they're going to a dinner party? well... proves my point
do they wear white outfits in one dayers or 20/20? i think not

20/20 the ball is smacked out of the ground on a regular basis

countries that are good at soccer can't handle or play contact sports, not to mention the amount of fake so called injuries and penalty milking, what's with that shit?

there should be a soccer catorgory at the acadamy awards every year, it would give best actor in a drama a real run for it's money!!

not to mention this one http://www.livevideo.com/video/3D408CFB344A491FA882540AFF071191/soccer-assault.aspx

You gotta love how the goalie starts to run after the idiot fan, then decides it 'd be better to collapse on the ground.

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
rugby was invented by a guy called william web ellis who got bored with kicking around a ball and picked it up and ran with it.

soseg

soseg

Awards
  • Established
haha countries that cant play contact sports play soccer? theres like 10 countries that play cricket, well over 220 that play soccer

soccer isnt a contact sport for a reason, it comes down to ball skill and coordination, agility, etc, not like nfl (padding? hahha) / rugby(good sport) where you run into eachother, its about getting around the other plays and using some tactics

20/20 cricket is still boring as hell, like i said, barely any countries play it

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
soccer isnt a contact sport for a reason, it comes down to ball skill and coordination, agility, etc, not like nfl (padding? hahha) / rugby(good sport) where you run into eachother, its about getting around the other plays and using some tactics
you left out acting which every good soccer player needs to know

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
yeah, like that last minute touchdown by the steelers in the superbowl lacked any real skill whatsoever, whatever!!!

soseg

soseg

Awards
  • Established
yeah well **** happens, considering how many teams play soccer around the world theres bound to be idiots out there who try fake an injury to persuade a ref to book another player or give a penalty considering how tight games can be if you're playing an equally matched team

see, now you're trying to fire left right and centre at the 'acting' of soccer players faking injuries.. dont get me started how they try sell cricket memorabilia of a player scoring 5 sixes in a row half a decade ago, painted nicely on a plate and framed with a few autographs going for 2000 dollars on a home-shopping styled television add so they can make more money off something mildly exciting that happened a long time ago...

yes... wow... a half respectable cricket player scored a few nice runs back in the day... so 5 years on, we're still trying to sell that marvelous snap shot in history framed... coz nothing better has happened since then

soseg

soseg

Awards
  • Established
yeah, like that last minute touchdown by the steelers in the superbowl lacked any real skill whatsoever, whatever!!!

I never said NFL doesnt require skill. but it's fair to say theres more in soccer, controlling a ball with your feet is a lot harder than trying to run through or around players in the nfl

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
yeah well **** happens, considering how many teams play soccer around the world theres bound to be idiots out there who try fake an injury to persuade a ref to book another player or give a penalty considering how tight games can be if you're playing an equally matched team
i think mr t's take on soccer suits me "get some nuts!"

soseg

soseg

Awards
  • Established
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rl2mdVB4nEA"]YouTube - Football is better than NFL Gridiron and Baseball[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgNiryJvdxI"]YouTube - John Cleese Talks American Football[/ame]

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
haha lame come back
it wasn't a come back, its more a reflection of how soccer is percieved by the mainstream population, the fact of the matter is where you live, soccer is way down the list on most played sports, australia sucks at soccer, if soccer means that much to you and if cricket really does suck, then it's time to move to england because it's never going to change in oz, cricket will always be no 1.

soseg

soseg

Awards
  • Established
it wasn't a come back, its more a reflection of how soccer is percieved by the mainstream population, the fact of the matter is where you live, soccer is way down the list on most played sports, australia sucks at soccer, if soccer means that much to you and if cricket really does suck, then it's time to move to england because it's never going to change in oz, cricket will always be no 1.
actually australia doesnt suck at soccer, considering the amount of people that play it here and our small population... we do quite well

they expect it to be incredibly popular in 2 decades time, its the fastest growing sport out here at the moment

so... :)

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
actually australia doesnt suck at soccer, considering the amount of people that play it here and our small population... we do quite well

they expect it to be incredibly popular in 2 decades time, its the fastest growing sport out here at the moment

so... :)
what a sad day that will be when soccer dominates the sporting landscape - Australia not even able to stay true to it's traditions and heritage . . .

THAT would NEVER happen in New Zealand - a bloody uprising would ensure when even the suggestion of 'it' being called anything else apart from soccer!

soseg

soseg

Awards
  • Established
what a sad day that will be when soccer dominates the sporting landscape - Australia not even able to stay true to it's traditions and heritage . . .

THAT would NEVER happen in New Zealand - a bloody uprising would ensure when even the suggestion of 'it' being called anything else apart from soccer!
would be a marvelous day. a sport that is truley international will be good for competition and pride... better than playing the same 5 countries in circles or like afl... no other countries

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
would be a marvelous day. a sport that is truley international will be good for competition and pride... better than playing the same 5 countries in circles or like afl... no other countries
Jesus, you'd have to be the most un-Australian Australian I have ever met. I'd be careful is which circles you utter those words there Young Fella! :bandit:

soseg

soseg

Awards
  • Established
haha where I come from here in melb... my social groups (although mostly guys from ethnic parents), even around the full aussies.... soccer is a big thumbs up around here, altho rugby and footy and cricket are popular as well... theres no issues regarding the sports minus the fact some guys, myself included just love giving cricket **** for being a pansy sport!

i have mates who have close friends in the A-league and that play internationall, mates who have cousins in the premiere league... tip top!

countryboy

no good commentry soseg, to be honest i really like all sport, i have even been know to watch an EPL game.

i supoose it has a lot to do with your upbringing, beeing fortunate to grow up in a country town (pop 12000) i was able to do everything as a kid.

when i was 15 , on a saturady i would play league in the morning, union in the afternoon and aussie rules on the sunday.

because travel is not such a big issue its a lot easier to do plenty of things unlike the situation in the city is at times.

soseg

soseg

Awards
  • Established
b unit - yes I am in melb -- and no thanks! im not watching 15minutes worth of cricket... and ive ripped out the channel 9 button on my tv remote for the next few weeks until they get that boring crap off the tv! id honestly get more entertainment watching the bold and the beautiful

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
b unit - yes I am in melb -- and no thanks! im not watching 15minutes worth of cricket... and ive ripped out the channel 9 button on my tv remote for the next few weeks until they get that boring crap off the tv! id honestly get more entertainment watching the bold and the beautiful
dude, you missed a classic match, won by 6 wickets (with 7 balls remaining), get that button back in by sunday, nz only needs one more win to take the series and next game is sunday, in case you miss it i'll let you know the results on monday

Here's a report on game 2

A confident New Zealand cricket team will try to ride their snowballing momentum into a Chappell-Hadlee Trophy clincher on Sunday after back-to-back trans-Tasman wins.

An outstanding bowling performance, an unbeaten 61 from Grant Elliott and key contributions from Ross Taylor, Brendon McCullum and Neil Broom ushered in a six-wicket victory over Australia in game two at the Melbourne Cricket Ground last night.

Chasing just 226, Elliott and Broom (25 not out) added an unbroken 50 off 44 balls to cruise home with seven balls to spare before a fair smattering of delirious Kiwis in the small crowd of 28,251. In turn, a confidence-sapped Australia slumped to their fifth consecutive ODI defeat.

New Zealand fly to Sydney today to try and wrap up the five-match series early, and captain Daniel Vettori said a buoyant dressing room suggested they were a big chance.

"It's really good for young guys like (Martin) Guptill and Broom, they haven't lost a game in New Zealand colours so those sort of feelings are starting to swirl around the dressing room," Vettori said.

"We're starting to feel what it's like to win. It's only been three in a row but there's some good confidence in the team and we're just hoping we can capitalise on that.

"We haven't put together a complete performance yet, if we can aspire to that hopefully we can win the series."

Vettori hailed paceman Kyle Mills' "outstanding" leadership of the bowling unit, taking one for 11 in his opening six-over spell, as they restricted Australia to 225 for five, with 250 appearing a par total.

With regular captain Ricky Ponting taking a two-game rest, stand-in Michael Clarke led the way with 98 while fellow senior man Michael Hussey scored 75 after they slumped to 66 for three.

Iain O'Brien returned to bowl Clarke two short of a century, after he'd whacked him a painful blow on the toe, then also removed Hussey to take two for 48 while Vettori and fellow spinner Patel again applied the brakes.

Clarke was named man of the match despite Elliott guiding home the victory.

Said Clarke: "We were probably 20-30 short and I take responsibility for that. If I can turn 90s into 130s then that's a different game, particularly on that wicket."

New Zealand were always marginally ahead in their runchase thanks to McCullum's grafting 43 and Taylor's 47, continuing a golden run of form for the New Zealand No 4.

Then Elliott stepped up to notch his highest ODI score after a scratchy eight off 31 balls in Perth, adding 72 with Taylor then seeing it home with Broom, who cracked 25 not out off 21.

Playing his 13th ODI, the allrounder topped his previous best of 56 against England in Bristol and hooked the winning runs off Ben Hilfenhaus.

"It wasn't that comfortable -- the wicket wasn't outstanding so 226 was a challenge and we knew Australia would come at us hard," Vettori said.

"I was really pleased with the maturity of McCullum and Taylor to get us to a certain point, then Elliott and Broom with 15-16 games between them, they looked so composed and so mature."

Vettori felt the SCG pitch, often slow and low, would suit New Zealand's bid for 3-0 but expected a fired-up Australian response.

Clarke meanwhile insisted his team were still focused in the midst of a form slump, with Ponting on the sidelines.

"I'm very confident the boys are 100 percent switched on, we're just getting outplayed.

"New Zealand are playing good cricket and they're a very good one-day team. Their bowling has performed very well and set their batters up."

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
cher cher, time to crack the top off a lion red bro
went around to some mates house last night for Fish & Chips washed down with Mac's Ale.

The kids all ate K-Bars, Pinkies and Moros from the Kiwi Shop here in Perth.

It was a choice time :thumbsup: :bandit:

I like where you're taking this thead b unit - we should all be celerbrating our common interests and trans-tasman rivalry.

Cricket is the uniting sport of the Anzacs - perhaps some of the more recent arrivals should show the sport some God Damn Respect. . .

countryboy

i cannot beleive we lost again, surely we are not that bad that new zealand beat us twice in a row, whats next man on the moon.

cmon boys, my australian pride is taking a battering here, when doeas footy season satrt?

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
i cannot beleive we lost again, surely we are not that bad that new zealand beat us twice in a row, whats next man on the moon.
is australia that bad or is nz a better one day team than most people think?

dan vettori is a very underrated captain IMHO, we have a very young and inexperienced team who is working towards the next world cup.

can ponting make a difference as he's been urgently recalled back from his forced break, is it panic stations for the green and golds?

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
is australia that bad or is nz a better one day team than most people think?

dan vettori is a very underrated captain IMHO, we have a very young and inexperienced team who is working towards the next world cup.

can ponting make a difference as he's been urgently recalled back from his forced break, is it panic stations for the green and golds?
Both Australia has fallen off the perch... Perhaps NZ is drawing strength from that?

I hear Ponting is now sponsored by Klenex... :bandit: