giant centipede vs tarantula!!!

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
As if I wasnt already scared enough of bugs!

holy

ABNRanger

ABNRanger

Awards
  • Established
Kill or be killed, survival of the fittest.

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
very nice video, its amazing how they get so close to those animals

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
dude...why did i watch that...im not gonna sleep for a week...frickin giant centipedes

soseg

soseg

Awards
  • Established
who the **** said australia was dangerous? we dont get that here... and im glad lol

ive seen vids on youtube of those things literally eating like mice right down to the BONE!

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How about these bad boys. We had them in Iraq. I HATE them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
How about these bad boys. We had them in Iraq. I HATE them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

holy crap....ive heard people talk about camel spiders but ive never seen one....oh my god....you guys have ruined sleep for me for life...fu@k it...its just never gonna happen for me....camel spiders...centipedes...wtf!!!!

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've seriously had nightmares about them. I've seen them kill scorpians before

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
I've seriously had nightmares about them. I've seen them kill scorpians before
There's a few videos on youtube of them fighting with scorpians. crazy stuff!:sigh:

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
We cut a camel spider in half with this stick and it was still biting the stick with it's fangs. Another time we through one into a fire and it just stood there. When we poked it it just crawled further into the coals. It was at least a full minute or so before it died from being in the middle of a fire.

Evil, just evil!

soseg

soseg

Awards
  • Established
haa damn! camel spiders! are they literally real spiders? i remember reading something about them not quite being spiders or something else... or maybe being venemous or something...

they sure do look big in that pic tho

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
haa damn! camel spiders! are they literally real spiders? i remember reading something about them not quite being spiders or something else... or maybe being venemous or something...

they sure do look big in that pic tho
They are not true spiders, notice the number of legs. They are related though. To be honest that pic is more of an optical illusion as where the spider is held in front of the camera in relation to where everyone else is. The largest ones I ever saw were about the size of your hand. Also, they are not venomous, but bite really really hard and leave a sort of tearing wound from their bite, which in the desert is prone to infections.

They are fast as hell too.

soseg

soseg

Awards
  • Established
speaking of spiders ive been bare foot nearly all week and ive got like 3 spider bites on my feet... itchy as hell, one left my ankle all red and infected :(

freqfly

freqfly

Awards
  • Established
speaking of spiders ive been bare foot nearly all week and ive got like 3 spider bites on my feet... itchy as hell, one left my ankle all red and infected :(
Go to the doc man, I never mess around with bug bites like that. Get on some antibiotics.

soseg

soseg

Awards
  • Established
im fine! antiseptic cream and its gone
it wasnt venomous bites
theres no spiders here victoria that can kill you (apparently), unless ur a small child or an oldie, or alergic
drive a few hours up north and ur definitely ****ed even if ur 240lbs of solid muscle and healthy as a horse

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
God i hate insects.....

soseg

soseg

Awards
  • Established
God i hate insects.....
I used to have a big fear of spiders but I got over it cause I FORCED myself to poke at them with sticks and fiddle with them, catch them in jars and observe them...

I'm not keen on touching them or picking them up (the ones that can bite) but huntsmen / daddy long leg spiders are fun to play with!

In that case I recommend you dont come to Australia... lol

I was walking through my garden 2 days ago with big buckets full of water to go water the plants (collecting water from the aircon due to water restrictions)... and I'm around some trees and I feel something on my hand... but I just assume its leaves brushing up against my forearm till I feel it going higher and higher and I see this big ass black 'house spider' crawling up my elbow... full size, very similar looking to the deadly funnel web, gave me a small fright :)

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I used to have a big fear of spiders but I got over it cause I FORCED myself to poke at them with sticks and fiddle with them, catch them in jars and observe them...

I'm not keen on touching them or picking them up (the ones that can bite) but huntsmen / daddy long leg spiders are fun to play with!

In that case I recommend you dont come to Australia... lol

I was walking through my garden 2 days ago with big buckets full of water to go water the plants (collecting water from the aircon due to water restrictions)... and I'm around some trees and I feel something on my hand... but I just assume its leaves brushing up against my forearm till I feel it going higher and higher and I see this big ass black 'house spider' crawling up my elbow... full size, very similar looking to the deadly funnel web, gave me a small fright :)

Burn them all!! :D

I'm the same way with snakes. Living here in florida i see many of the pitviper family (mainly rattle snakes and water moccasins) on a regular basis. I hate them, but they're so damn fascinating. I see quite a few snake bites in the E.R. every year, so i've had to become pretty knowledgeable of many different types of snakes and the medical treatments in general.

I had a guy come running into the E.R. last year telling me he was bitten by a snake. As i proceed to ask questions about the snake to get an idea of what i'm dealing with, he says "I have it right here, i killed it." He then proceeds to get a bag from his truck parked on the ramp. He thought it was dead, but in reality it was only wounded.....and it was pissed off when i proceeded to see for myself. The waiting room freaked! This is what he brought me (Eastern Diamondback), lol!

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I couldn't agree more about T about burning those spiders. I don't mind snakes though.

soseg

soseg

Awards
  • Established
why
spiders wont come after you, theyre scared
snakes on the other hand are stupid bastards and will strike at you!
theres no snakes out here in the suburbs where I live... unless you're on the outskirts where the trees and bushy places start etc... but although australia is home to like 5 (or maybe it was 8) of the worlds most poisonous snakes, I read that it doesnt meant theyre the deadliest... apparently theyre shy etc, and theres more chance you'd die from a bee sting or something else down here

some of our deadly beautiful snakes include: http://snake.fol.nl/Page2.html

Personally I've never come across one in the wild, however my old man and uncle were eel fishing one day on a river bank, long story short my uncle was pulling a fish or eel out of the water while my dad watched on, and a snake somehow from the bushy hill behind him fell onto his back (a red belly black snake... google it)... my dad thought "WTF" thinking it was an eel coming out of nowhere before they freaked haha

heres the friendly huntsman I was talking about previously - we get inside our house a lot in summer:

Those spiders can grow to a decent size, length wise etc even tho theyre small in comparison to a tarantula etc, but easily take up the palm of your hand... and super fast they can run pretty fast... theyre hard to catch! fact is most people freak out when they see them cause you'll be driving along in your car and one will suddenly crawl out on your windscreen or steering wheel causing people to FREAK out and crash!

YouTube - Huntsman Spider

freqfly

freqfly

Awards
  • Established
Now soseg, why in the sam HELL did you have to post that GD picture of that direct descendant of Satan himself!!!! It's midnight, I'm going to bed soon and that son of a b!tch is gonna be stuck in my mind all night!!

soseg

soseg

Awards
  • Established
Now soseg, why in the sam HELL did you have to post that GD picture of that direct descendant of Satan himself!!!! It's midnight, I'm going to bed soon and that son of a b!tch is gonna be stuck in my mind all night!!
haha i was deliberately looking for photos of a spider that were large pixel wise
heres some more **** to freak people out

Here's the very common white tail spider - get a lot of these in my bed room and indoors... can have a nasty bite, make u feel ill and **** up your skin:

the deadly red back
(found a lot in the garage/backyard)

and of course! the deadliest spider in the world! (native to lovely australia just like the ones listed before!)
i present my favourite, the funnel web spider! it will kill u in 20mins!

check those fangs!

No appologies to anyone who is now freaked out by these large photos (i posted the largest I could find).

I'll just finish this post with one last word... INSECT CLOSE UP PHOTOS GIVE ME A HARD ON!

haha

ps i really recommend some of you guys who live in "safer" parts of the world to get off ya back sides and come down to Australia... hell maybe check out Asia (centipedes!), South America or Africa... man i love this ****!

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I swear, if i lived in australia, i'd own a flamethrower and light these b*tches up!

crowpass

crowpass

Awards
  • Established
i *****ng hate spiders. holy sh*t, i wish i never clicked on this god damn thread. sons of bit*hes! i hate you all. I have to take a massive sh*t now, im so freked out. damnit.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I saw the centipede thing on Bear Gryles last night. Freaked me out. Imagine of one of those things somehow got in your bed!!!