School finals and Lifting

mindgamerst

mindgamerst

Awards
Im having finals right now and its killin my work out... just dont have not time, any ideas ?..im thinkin about bringing some weights to the library and doin squats while i read chemistry books:bb3:

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
You don't have time? What a bunch of bullshit. I have finals too. So I get up at 6am and go workout.

dpfisher

Yeah really, just make time. If you stop working out you'll feel like **** and it will affect your studies anyway.

bigpoppapump2

bigpoppapump2

Awards
  • Established
I HAVE to workout. Workingout is like a little getaway from studying. I would go crazy if I study too much, so I find time no matter what.

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
A week off from working out can be a very good thing. I'll be having mine around Xmas ;)

dommer

Banned
Awards
You don't have time? What a bunch of bullshit. I have finals too. So I get up at 6am and go workout.
truth

i ont have time is the biggest ****ing cop out what are you gona do when you hit the real world i work 11-12 hour shifts at my job 5 sometimes 6 days a week if i can find time you can to

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
I don't like the cop-out but at the same time when was the last time you took a week off from lifting?

If it's been awhile it may be benificial to take a week off and come back hard after finals.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
Eh, Dommer, you don't even know the man's situation. He may, like me, put in some work outside of school a few days a week. He may have a relationship, like me, to maintain. He may go to school at a campus of high standard, where only the studious survive to receive that paper they chase, not like me, hahahahaha who goes to an old sock of a school.

Lighten up and ask questions.

And to the OP, lift or not lift. That is the statement.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am in grad school and a teacher, but I still have time to lift and train MMA during finals. Training helps to relieve anxiety and improves focus. I guarantee that 4-5 hrs/wk is not going to make or break your grade.

mindgamerst

mindgamerst

Awards
Eh, Dommer, you don't even know the man's situation. He may, like me, put in some work outside of school a few days a week. He may have a relationship, like me, to maintain. He may go to school at a campus of high standard, where only the studious survive to receive that paper they chase, not like me, hahahahaha who goes to an old sock of a school.

Lighten up and ask questions.

And to the OP, lift or not lift. That is the statement.
Well said..I understand why some may view it as a cop out but a) I havent taken a week of in over 2 months..so my body is due and b) i need amazing grades b/c im applying to grad school. I was merley asking for advice to maintain my diet in the library etc. Thanks

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
I bring tupperware and baggies to the library all the time.

DEADn

DEADn

Awards
Dude, forget the weights for now. They are always going to be there but the finals won't. Unless you can ace the finals along with weightlifting then go for it But if you can't then stop weightlifting for now. Education is an important thing! Could give your body a break anyway and when you get back to it you might be able to push and pull more then before.

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
Dead is right -- especially if you aren't getting the right amount of sleep and nutrition to be able to perform a quality workout.. it's only a week, concentrate on your work and lift when finals are over -- you'll be fine.

D3vildog

D3vildog

Awards
  • Established
i have finals this week and next as well.. my mom just went into surgery and i work full time... plus studies and two C# programs i have to write up = no time for lifting... I can fit in maybe a ten-fifteen min run when i get home from work and before i start hw or studies...

No worries bro, grab some fruit or something to hold you over in the gym.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Honestly i feel its up to you. Last two semesters i felt the drive to get lifting in some down time between studying and exams..so if you feel up to it and you eating and sleeping well it can be a great breather and refreshing time in between exams.

On the other hand this semester i am not lifting sunday-wed(tomorrow). these four days off are kind of a break because i have two exams each of these three days(only two more now!) so i am just studying. May hit the gym when i get home on wednesday tho so its not a long break atm ;)