Internet plan on cell phone, 50mb vs. 100mb?

liquid

liquid

Awards
  • Established
I am not computer savvy, and not sure which one would best apply to me.
I was wondering how much mb would be used if I were to use gmail or anabolicminds?

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
i dont know which device you are using but some of them allow you to prevent images to get downloaded in this case all you'll be downloading is txt only that does not amount to much and should keep your data usage pretty low

liquid

liquid

Awards
  • Established
My plan is up, and planning to pick up the G1 "Google phone"

ABNRanger

ABNRanger

Awards
  • Established
Of course the more MB the better, that way you feel secure you have enough storage space. If there is a concern of cost, then go with 50MB, then upgrade if the need arise.

Caferacer

Caferacer

Awards
  • Established
How often do you use it? 50 or 100mb on a phone that is used daily is not a lot. Things that aren't normal for a phone, like pulling down weather to an app or anything aside from SMS and phone calls will count as data.

Personally I have the unlimited. I hate worrying about whether I am close and use my phone daily for things aside from SMS and calls.

ABNRanger

ABNRanger

Awards
  • Established
who is your carrier? I have sprint, and I have the unlimited every thing plan for 99.

ABNRanger

ABNRanger

Awards
  • Established
I believe verizon has an unlimited plan. Not sure what the price is, but that is the route I would try to go.

Caferacer

Caferacer

Awards
  • Established
I believe verizon has an unlimited plan. Not sure what the price is, but that is the route I would try to go.
I already do have the unlimited plan.

I do some tethering to my EEE pc via my cell so it helps to have unlimited.

ABNRanger

ABNRanger

Awards
  • Established
My apologies, I was referring my question about the carrier to the OP. Yeah, the unlimited plan is the way to go. I do a LOT of IT stuff with my phone, like RDP (remote desktop), or using my phone as a modem for my laptop if one of my clients does not have internet access.

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
I am not computer savvy, and not sure which one would best apply to me.
I was wondering how much mb would be used if I were to use gmail or anabolicminds?
you'll better served going with the unlimited plan, i'm sure that new device with software by google is designed to use the web extensively that way you won't be worrying about your phone bill when it comes in.

liquid

liquid

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the help guys, tomorrow I will be stopping by the shop (tmobile) and get some mroe details.