College Football: Who's a Fan?

Page 2 of 2 First 12

  1. Originally posted by Dr of Golf



    Unless OSU has changed their colors since I went there, the colors are red and grey.

    And ... I agree with you that the Canes will most probably kick their butt, but I still have to root for the Buckeyes ... well, sort of.
    ya, i might just have to root for the buckeyes b/c that dude kirk herbstreet (sp) on espn college game day is solid. you know every saturday, he be pulling females when they travel to various campuses around the US (esp. with that relic lee corso being next to him, making him even look better) and also, if UM wins this one, they might pull the yankees on us and win couple more in a row...i hate that (unless its a seattle team....which, they only have won one title in the three major sports so thats not a worry )


  2. Im not positive on this, but Im pretty sure OU has won their past 3 bowls. Correct me if im wrong but doesnt it go.

    2002- OU defeats WU 34-14
    2001- OU defeats CO
    2000- OU defeats 'somebody' with a 13-0 record.

    I dunno how much further this winning streak goes, but im looking for a website with all the info.

    Oh yea Quintin Griffin seems quite good too me.

  3. Originally posted by txwakeskater
    2000- OU defeats 'somebody' with a 13-0 record.

    they beat a favored FSU team...blalently shut down the heisman winner in chris "ive been balding since age 17 and almost completely gone by 27" weinke and FSU's offense. Only gave up a safety....ouch. thats nasty, in a championship game or even on a freaking playstation. The only thing that put a damper on that squad reputation was that they had the 6 member of nsync running the team in josh heppel.
    •   
       


  4. haha thats hilarious, What about the year before? anybody know?

  5. YJ - marshall aint bad for a MAc schol, but thats about it. i played for eastern mich. from 92-95, marshall wasnt in the conference back then. but they aight. they cant mess with the big boyz.
    but my team is THE UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN WOLVERINES. one of the best programs in the nation. not to mention the best helmets. and one of the best NFL players producers in the world. and did u see us thump the Gators. and the cool thing is this was a rebuilding year, not bad 10 and 3.

  6. Originally posted by institutional
    YJ - marshall aint bad for a MAc schol, but thats about it. i played for eastern mich. from 92-95, marshall wasnt in the conference back then. but they aight. they cant mess with the big boyz.
    Yea, they're alright for a MAC school, wont the MAC East every year they've been in the MAC (6 years) wont the MAC title 5 of 6 years. Guess thats not bad The big boys? They've finished ranked 4 of 6 years in 1-A...I think they're considered a big boy.....Michigan is ok, they just choke in the big ones......or have they ever been to the big one?

  7. Originally posted by YellowJacket

    Yea, they're alright for a MAC school, wont the MAC East every year they've been in the MAC (6 years) wont the MAC title 5 of 6 years. Guess thats not bad The big boys? They've finished ranked 4 of 6 years in 1-A...I think they're considered a big boy.....Michigan is ok, they just choke in the big ones......or have they ever been to the big one?
    have we been to a big one? yah of course we play in a new years day bowl game like every year not to mention many rose bowls. but dont forget we won the national championship in 97 led by charles woodson the defensive back/ heisman man. but i agree we have lost our fair share of big games also. but one thing about michigan they dont duck anyone, we always have tough schedules, and being in the big ten is grueling as hell. now the basketball program at michigan, thats a different story!!

  8. ****in Miami sucks

  9. I don't give a **** which team wins but Miami got screwed by the ref. Both announcers even said no pass interferance.

  10. GO CANES!



    boooo.....

  11. agreed. no way thats a pass interference. absolute no way. the man bumped on coverage for the initial 2-3 yards, let the receiver inside (no contact), and the dude just dropped it. all legal. the thing is, the ref blew the play dead by waving the play incomplete, then thinking that was the game, he then threw out the hanky (a good 5 seconds after the completion of the play) pretty hard to swallow for them UM players,fans,coaches

  12. I always go with the winning team. The parties are usually a lot better than the losing teams. I always go for any team from the South or one that I have always liked. I really don't have a favorite team I just pick one when the schools play each other.

  13. Originally posted by sage
    agreed. no way thats a pass interference. absolute no way. the man bumped on coverage for the initial 2-3 yards, let the receiver inside (no contact), and the dude just dropped it. all legal. the thing is, the ref blew the play dead by waving the play incomplete, then thinking that was the game, he then threw out the hanky (a good 5 seconds after the completion of the play) pretty hard to swallow for them UM players,fans,coaches
    Nice analysis man, that actually seems to sum it up! When they did a replay, you could see him blatantly dropping it. As much as I hate Miami (damn them!), that was a terrible call.

     

    But I'm glad they lost, hehe

  14. Actually, according to the rule book that was pass interference. The defender made no attempt to make a play on the ball , which is pass interference.

  15. Originally posted by YellowJacket
    Actually, according to the rule book that was pass interference. The defender made no attempt to make a play on the ball , which is pass interference.
    true to a point. the defender might not have looked back at the ball but if you dont touch the guy while the pass is in flight, you can be staring at the hot chick in row 23 wearing a UofM size xxsmall, bouncing up and down cheering for the team...still not an interference (ha) and did you all catch the d-lineman for ohio st that came up to dorsey right after the final play, while dorsey was reflecting what just happened on the turf, coming up to him to give him condolensences? (sp) you know dorsey was thinking "get the **** away from me"

  16. that was not a pass interference. there was a little contact beforehand, but not worthy of a flag. the defenders timing was perfect on the hit he put on the receiver. it was just a well defended play. i think when the DB looked back at the ref to make sure there was no flag, he confused the ref into throwing one, cuz he probably froze up like a biatch. that is just absolutly ****ing ridiculous to throw a flaq 5 seconds late in overtime of the national championship game. i cant stand ohio state or the ***got coach singing there fight song at the end of the game. just wait till next november, and they will be coming to ann arbor, its on.

  17. Just wondering .........


    Is this where I am supposed to dance around and do a lot of boasting?

    Or should I just head up to Columbus and help burn the town down?



    Last edited by Dr of Golf; 01-04-2003 at 02:09 PM.

  18. Texas A & M. Sh*tty year but at least we finally got rid of Slocum. Hopefully, Franchione can do a lot better. Oh yeah, what a f*ckin' National Championship Game!
  19. in ann arbor we say:


    O HOW I HATE OHIO STATE!

  20. Now that Saint Willingham is in charge, expect to see big ND competing for national championships on a yearly basis...as it should be. ND did get their ever-lovin asses kicked by USC and NC State, but, all in all the year went much better than I ever imagined it would. Give Ty another year to get his type of players recruited and it will be GAME ON boys.
    BTW, the national championship game was one of the best college football games I have seen in a long time. Miami fans can bitch and whine all they want. The call in question, at the VERY LEAST, should've been holding. OSU scores n the next play anyway, so, who cares??? It's like the great caoch Barry Switzer once said, "referees will NEVER cost you the game; all they'll do is break your heart." Miami had the best atheletes, BUT the Buckeyes had the best TEAM. Next years preseason top five:
    1) Oklahoma - although I can't stand them
    2) Miami - hate them even more than OU
    3) Texas - another of college football's more disgusting teams
    4) Ohio State - lose no one on offense. Defense???
    5) Michigan - Utterly detestable; big question here is tailback.
    .
    As a die hard, bleeding green Irish fan, the above list makes me want to vomit, but I think it will be pretty accurate.

  21. Originally posted by txwakeskater
    Im not positive on this, but Im pretty sure OU has won their past 3 bowls. Correct me if im wrong but doesnt it go.

    2002- OU defeats WU 34-14
    2001- OU defeats CO
    2000- OU defeats 'somebody' with a 13-0 record.

    I dunno how much further this winning streak goes, but im looking for a website with all the info.

    Oh yea Quintin Griffin seems quite good too me.

    Bump OU!! Nothin like a Bedlam Game. Expect this year. It still hurts.

    BOOMER SOONER BABY!
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. College Football needs to get here fast!!!
    By Ethereal in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-15-2007, 11:12 PM
  2. COLLEGE FOOTBALL PICK'EM - Join!
    By shootmeagain in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 09-18-2005, 12:16 AM
  3. College Football
    By diamonddave in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 247
    Last Post: 12-19-2004, 11:38 AM
  4. Replies: 30
    Last Post: 12-11-2004, 01:17 AM
  5. Official College Football Thread
    By jweave23 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 163
    Last Post: 01-08-2004, 04:45 PM
Log in
Log in