College Football: Who's a Fan?

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
agreed. no way thats a pass interference. absolute no way. the man bumped on coverage for the initial 2-3 yards, let the receiver inside (no contact), and the dude just dropped it. all legal. the thing is, the ref blew the play dead by waving the play incomplete, then thinking that was the game, he then threw out the hanky (a good 5 seconds after the completion of the play) pretty hard to swallow for them UM players,fans,coaches

DarCSA

Awards
I always go with the winning team. The parties are usually a lot better than the losing teams. I always go for any team from the South or one that I have always liked. I really don't have a favorite team I just pick one when the schools play each other.

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by sage
agreed. no way thats a pass interference. absolute no way. the man bumped on coverage for the initial 2-3 yards, let the receiver inside (no contact), and the dude just dropped it. all legal. the thing is, the ref blew the play dead by waving the play incomplete, then thinking that was the game, he then threw out the hanky (a good 5 seconds after the completion of the play) pretty hard to swallow for them UM players,fans,coaches
Nice analysis man, that actually seems to sum it up! When they did a replay, you could see him blatantly dropping it. As much as I hate Miami (damn them!), that was a terrible call.

But I'm glad they lost, hehe :D

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
Actually, according to the rule book that was pass interference. The defender made no attempt to make a play on the ball , which is pass interference.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
Actually, according to the rule book that was pass interference. The defender made no attempt to make a play on the ball , which is pass interference.
true to a point. the defender might not have looked back at the ball but if you dont touch the guy while the pass is in flight, you can be staring at the hot chick in row 23 wearing a UofM size xxsmall, bouncing up and down cheering for the team...still not an interference :p (ha) and did you all catch the d-lineman for ohio st that came up to dorsey right after the final play, while dorsey was reflecting what just happened on the turf, coming up to him to give him condolensences? (sp) you know dorsey was thinking "get the **** away from me"

institutional

Awards
that was not a pass interference. there was a little contact beforehand, but not worthy of a flag. the defenders timing was perfect on the hit he put on the receiver. it was just a well defended play. i think when the DB looked back at the ref to make sure there was no flag, he confused the ref into throwing one, cuz he probably froze up like a biatch. that is just absolutly fucking ridiculous to throw a flaq 5 seconds late in overtime of the national championship game. i cant stand ohio state or the faggot coach singing there fight song at the end of the game. just wait till next november, and they will be coming to ann arbor, its on.

Dr of Golf

Awards
Just wondering .........

Is this where I am supposed to dance around and do a lot of boasting?

Or should I just head up to Columbus and help burn the town down? :D :D :D :D :D

Last edited:

labrad

Awards
  • Established
Texas A & M. Sh*tty year but at least we finally got rid of Slocum. Hopefully, Franchione can do a lot better. Oh yeah, what a f*ckin' National Championship Game!

institutional

Awards
in ann arbor we say:

O HOW I HATE OHIO STATE!

Irishman

Awards
Now that Saint Willingham is in charge, expect to see big ND competing for national championships on a yearly basis...as it should be. ND did get their ever-lovin asses kicked by USC and NC State, but, all in all the year went much better than I ever imagined it would. Give Ty another year to get his type of players recruited and it will be GAME ON boys.
BTW, the national championship game was one of the best college football games I have seen in a long time. Miami fans can bitch and whine all they want. The call in question, at the VERY LEAST, should've been holding. OSU scores n the next play anyway, so, who cares??? It's like the great caoch Barry Switzer once said, "referees will NEVER cost you the game; all they'll do is break your heart." Miami had the best atheletes, BUT the Buckeyes had the best TEAM. Next years preseason top five:
1) Oklahoma - although I can't stand them
2) Miami - hate them even more than OU
3) Texas - another of college football's more disgusting teams
4) Ohio State - lose no one on offense. Defense???
5) Michigan - Utterly detestable; big question here is tailback.
As a die hard, bleeding green Irish fan, the above list makes me want to vomit, but I think it will be pretty accurate.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Im not positive on this, but Im pretty sure OU has won their past 3 bowls. Correct me if im wrong but doesnt it go.

2002- OU defeats WU 34-14
2001- OU defeats CO
2000- OU defeats 'somebody' with a 13-0 record. :D

I dunno how much further this winning streak goes, but im looking for a website with all the info. :D

Oh yea Quintin Griffin seems quite good too me.

Bump OU!! Nothin like a Bedlam Game. Expect this year. It still hurts.

BOOMER SOONER BABY!