Taking Visa Cards

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
I run a small business, but things have grown a fair amount since I took out a yellow pages add. Sooner or later someone is going to want to pay me by credit card.

What is the easiest and cheapest way for a small operation like me to be able to take visa? Must be someone here who has or had a similar problem.

Thanks!

Rob

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
depends.... do you work from an office or are you mobile?

you can get a little swipy box for the office through a number of providers.. you can swipe the card or type in the numbers if its an order by phone.

I worked for a mobile car batter installation company... i had a nextel phone that had a CC swiper and a wireless printer. I could swipe the card on the phone, and print it right there for the customer...really cool. (this was years ago too).

little bit of reading
http://www.gaebler.com/Accepting-Credits-Cards.htm

joeymutz

joeymutz

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
as long as you have a modem when you swipe the card you are good to go. That is what the phone is being used as. That is a great product, perfect for a mobile business.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
I am primarily mobile so I need something that can go on the road with me. Just about anywhere I go there is a phone line I can use, although if it worked through my cell phone that would be great too.

Looks like I've got a bit of research to do! Thanks for that link.

Johnnywalts

Awards
I agree with RedwolfWV,

e to do about anywhere there is a phone line I can use, although if the cell hone is a greater way to describe them