Cant lift for 2 weeks...

mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
im all bummed out. The gym is my second home. I cannot run, push up or situps or like anything that deals with my back. I injured my back 2 months ago and i finally went to the doctors today. Im in the military so everyone whos been in the military they give me mortin to take lol and a profile. Its ok though because at least i get 2 weeks off. Just pray my back gets better.

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Injuries suck, last injury was a gun shot that only grazed me, but put me out of training for 3 weeks because it was still a deep cut.

What happened to your back?

mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
Well i tried for play for a semi pro soccer team. I wanted to try out for goal keeper. But, at this practice there was no nets set up just a quick scrimmage game using cones. So i got done playing soccer then the next day i couldnt bend my back at all. Luckily i have a wonderful girlfriend who had to dress me. I though by taking time off like a week would do it. It work but tjere is still pain. so fast forward 2 months to today and i finally went to the doctor. My pain is when i try to stretch it out. Like picking up something off the ground hurts. They believe its just inflamation and she gave me home excercises to do and if it does not get better in 2 weeks then they are going to have my go to physical therapy. Also im not use to my weight yet. I remember playing soccer when i was 185 now im 225 currently. I was try to play at 215. I think that might have been the problem also.

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Well i tried for play for a semi pro soccer team. I wanted to try out for goal keeper. But, at this practice there was no nets set up just a quick scrimmage game using cones. So i got done playing soccer then the next day i couldnt bend my back at all. Luckily i have a wonderful girlfriend who had to dress me. I though by taking time off like a week would do it. It work but tjere is still pain. so fast forward 2 months to today and i finally went to the doctor. My pain is when i try to stretch it out. Like picking up something off the ground hurts. They believe its just inflamation and she gave me home excercises to do and if it does not get better in 2 weeks then they are going to have my go to physical therapy. Also im not use to my weight yet. I remember playing soccer when i was 185 now im 225 currently. I was try to play at 215. I think that might have been the problem also.
Sounds like my motorcycle accident pain, when your back gets better along with the exercises she gave you, do some back bridges without hand support, start slow, because it's not easy, but it really does a lot for back health.

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
It sucks, but truly take the time off as a godsend...your back is not something you want to play around with.

holy

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
im all bummed out. The gym is my second home. I cannot run, push up or situps or like anything that deals with my back. I injured my back 2 months ago and i finally went to the doctors today. Im in the military so everyone whos been in the military they give me mortin to take lol and a profile. Its ok though because at least i get 2 weeks off. Just pray my back gets better.
maybe you should look into a bit of yoga, does wonders for getting the back strong and supple.

good luck MG

mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
Omen thats one of the excercise she told me to do.

B-unit i was actually thinking of doin it to no lie.

mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
i was ethier going to the gym for the free classes or use the podcast online.