be a mommy and trying to lose weight

PoopiesWife

PoopiesWife

Awards
I know some people say counting calories but for some one like me I have an 8 month old I need something is going to be quick. He is always on the go. My husband works all day so its just me and the baby all day. Now I am not saying its impossible but I have to think what is going to be a quick and work at the same time. I dont have alot of time in the world but what I do is try to watch what I eat and how much I of I do it eat. I am mean I dont pigout on cookies but I do eat fruit and alot of finger foods like veggies and stuff like that but losing weight isnt supppost to be that easy either. I am doing pretty good. I just wish someone would come up with something for women who have kids or who is extremely busy something that is fast and get results. Ok I am down now ranting. lol. Mommies Rule!!!!:rant:

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
I know I am not exactly a mom myself, but I have recently helped my mom cut a good amount of weight. She reduced overall calories and just recently started exercising, but she has gotten great results with:
NP bulk Cla @6 per day
sesamin @ 2g twice per day
Fish oil @ 1.5 total g's of epa/dha a day
I think adding these if not already using them will help you out some.
BTW I have a lot of respect for mothers who not only take care of their children but themselves also. I think of all the time my mother has put into raising me and it amazes me she has time for anything else. So good luck and keep us up to date on your progress.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good advice pmiller. Ive always thought couple training was a good idea. Maybe go workout with the poopster!! Most gyms have daycares. Good luck to ya and congrats on your son!!

KT1984

Awards
ok well I have a 5 month old and was 220 when I delivered. So I know what you mean when you need a easy plan.
This is what I did. My first month I did a liquid diet called opti fast 800. 5 shakes a day. It was tough but it was a good start. I would recomend a low calorie meal in there I had some stomach issues after. I had to take like a month off. I did a little bit of walking not to much because it is hard with a 3 year old and a new baby. Now what I do is
Breakfast is whole wheat english muffin and a bannna.
lunch and dinner I do the tv dinners eating right (vons brand)
Oh and between I do like yogurt low fat and almonds and protien bars
It is fast and portion control
I take the venon stack also.
My son was born Oct. 6
I now weigh 156.
This is what works for me. most people will probably think this is no good. For me it is .
I am now putting in my routine cardio and toning my legs.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
KT: based on this post and your post in the lean dreams thread, I don't think you are doing things in a safe or healthy matter, please look at what you are doing. That is 3.2 lbs a week loss on average, you are taxing your body too much, especially for just having had a child.

MB

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know some people say counting calories but for some one like me I have an 8 month old I need something is going to be quick. He is always on the go. My husband works all day so its just me and the baby all day. Now I am not saying its impossible but I have to think what is going to be a quick and work at the same time. I dont have alot of time in the world but what I do is try to watch what I eat and how much I of I do it eat. I am mean I dont pigout on cookies but I do eat fruit and alot of finger foods like veggies and stuff like that but losing weight isnt supppost to be that easy either. I am doing pretty good. I just wish someone would come up with something for women who have kids or who is extremely busy something that is fast and get results. Ok I am down now ranting. lol. Mommies Rule!!!!:rant:

I'm sure Poopy could help you plan out a diet. Just ask him, he seems to know what he is doing.

kkschaef

kkschaef

Awards
Just stick to good clean eating. Get in plenty of protein and watch serving sizes. For instance quick and easy protein portion would be the size of your palm. Anything that can fit into a cupped hand is a portion right for you. Eat a4-6 times per day and try doing HIT workouts they're quick and effective.

LT*

LT*

Awards
  • Established
We have an 8 month old, and my wife gained about 54 lbs during the pregnancy. She has 11lbs to go to get to her pre pregnancy weight. She's eating fairly clean most of the time and trains 6 days a week. Lifting 3 days and HIIT cardio the other three days. She's on her second cycle of Leviathan-R and DCP, and has started using Napalm recently. She also works full time. It can be done, but it's not easy or quick.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Congrats again on your son, he is super cute!!

Okay, one thing I would suggest is protein drinks. Have Poop bring you home RTD drinks with less than 5 grams of sugar in them. Then you can just grab and drink on the go. I use the Pure Pro cookies and cream. Not bad on flavor:)

Can you hit the gym with him? If not then do jumping jacks or other cardio typ things for 30min a day. Do a mini workout with the baby. You can put him on your stomach and do a version of sit ups and play with him at the same time. You can hold on to his hands and put him by your ankles and do weighted leg lifts;)

Tricep dips of a chair in your house. Squats holding the baby. Walking leg lunges around the house. Bicep curls using whatever you have around the house. The muscle you add will help with the weightloss and tone you up.

Eat 6 small meals a day with protein being in each one. Hence the shakes, makes it easier. Pre-cook chicken if you can and put that and rice or a sweet potato in micro containers and just heat them up o the go. Oatmeal is quick, mix a scoop of his protein powder and a teaspoon of peanut butter in. It adds your protein and gives it a better flavor.

The dCP/Levi stack works well.

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
The whole reason behind counting calories is to realize that the ONLY way you can lose weight is to expend more calories than you consume.....The bottom line however is that most people will never be successfull counting calories because its just too much damn trouble. Having said that, every time I do a nutritional consult, I try to pound into the head of the person that the most important thing they can do is try to limit the amount of calorie dense foods they eat....IMO you truly dont need to actually count the calories, just be very diligent about your diet, and it will take care of itself.

holyintellect

tbaptista

tbaptista

Awards
I have a 4 1/2 month old and I am working out frequently now. Honestly, I don't think there is a quick fix solution unless you want to go the lipo route or you have an incredibly fast metabolism. I just go to the gym frequently because my gym has a daycare included in the membership. I know it's going to be a rough road especially with the midsection because I had a ceserean delivery, but it's worth the effort. I'll let you know how my progress is in a month. Maybe even give yoga or pilates a try, there are dvd's for mommy AND baby to do together! Just keep up with it and eat smart. Good luck!

DreamOfWeight

DreamOfWeight

Awards
  • Established
im gunna put pasterized eggwhites in my kids bottle every morning before we run stairs at our local stadium....were gunna do everything together, its gunna be awsome!

OHHHH... and my mom lost ALOT of weight with her vitamins and by not eating after 6..GOODLUCK!