Women at the gym! - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 3

Women at the gym!

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
  1. New Member
    Stats
    5'4"  160 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by crader View Post
    Women at the gym

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Women at the gym
    By Kristin Reisinger

Let me explain. Through the years I have seen many women in the gym lifting these rinky-dink, pink and purple hand weights barely breaking a sweat...
    What's wrong with lifting those pink little dumbells? I can get a REAL burn from maxing out on curls or flat benching! :-D

2. NutraPlanet Fanatic

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Does this post make me look fat?

3. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  260 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    Does this post make me look fat?

nope your avi does
    SFW and GFH
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'0"  120 lbs.

Women at the gym

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Women at the gym
    By Kristin Reisinger

Let me explain. Through the years I have seen many women in the gym lifting these rinky-dink, pink and purple hand weights barely breaking a sweat. I see the same girls do three cardio classes in a row and spend countless hours on the treadmill like hamsters on a habitrail pondering why their bodies look exactly the same as they did six months ago. These are the same girls that come up to me and ask me repeatedly what I do to look the way I do or what do I eat or do I even eat. I even overheard a girl once say, "I'm doing so good today... I only had a bagel and a salad." The list is endless and it is endlessly frustrating.

I wish I had a megaphone right now. Ladies... you need to lift HEAVY to have a physique like the chick from Terminator! When you feel like you can't squeeze out any more reps... do two more! Get calluses on your hands... your man will love it. So many of you comment on how much you'd love to have a body like Madonna or Angela Bassett or Gabrielle Reece but most of you don't do anything to get it! Do you think these women work out with tiny little dumbbells and their bodies look like that by mistake?

Do you even know how hard it is and how much meticulous planning and preparation (and testosterone!) it takes to put on muscle and "bulk up" like a professional bodybuilder? I've been lifting as hard and heavy as any guy I know for two years and I keep getting smaller and leaner! I look sexier and more feminine than ever before, too.

By really lifting weights and stressing your muscles you will increase your lean mass, and since it is this lean mass (muscle tissue) that burns fat, you will have the capacity to burn more fat even at rest. Combining this with a moderate amount of cardiovascular activity (not three step classes in a row) will turn your body into a fat burning machine. Too much cardio works against you and will eventually begin to utilize your hard-earned lean muscle tissue for energy which is NOT the desired goal.

"It's all about ATTITUDE," says Fortress, and I agree wholeheartedly. I would venture to say us women need to dish out even more of it than men...."

You also need to EAT. Your need to fuel your body with the appropriate foods for energy as well as protein for the build up and reparation of muscle tissue. Starving yourself is NOT the answer and is more detrimental than most of you realize. It will slow down your BMR (basal metabolic rate) and hang on to every last bit of bagel you consume as stored energy (fat).

By eating small, low-fat meals throughout the day incorporating a protein source with good sources of fibrous and complex carbohydrates will stabilize your insulin levels and sustain your energy levels. This will prevent your body from going into starvation mode while giving you all the building blocks you need for developing and shaping your muscles. Plus, you actually get to eat more!

"...the gym is our domain as much as any man."

"It's all about ATTITUDE," says Fortress, and I agree wholeheartedly. I would even venture to say us women need to dish out even more of it than men. If I had a nickel for every time I witness some girl feeling intimidated in the gym because of the presence of a man or give up a machine or a bench because some dude is waiting for it, I'd have a bank account like Arnold. I have gone up to girls in the gym and yelled at them for doing that.

Where's your damn backbone?! Self-esteem, confidence and an all-around, I don't give a **** attitude are all part of the package that go along with my philosophies on training like a woman which is far more attractive than a whole heap of mascara, lip gloss and eye liner. And the gym is our domain as much as any man.

Training like a woman is a synergistic framework allowing everything else in life to fall into place that much smoother including relationships, career or whatever you allow it to flow into. Having a great body is merely a fringe benefit. So ladies, to quote a very wise person, "Go hard or go home," especially if you're a woman
    is article and enjoyed the read:
    you said it!
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  136 lbs.

My last 4 wk wt training program consisted of 4-5 exercises, 1 set of 100 reps, light wt and do as many reps as you can without stopping till you can do all 100 reps!!! Did 600-900 reps total per day, 5 days. I could not get 1 guy to partner up with me in my gym. No muscle endurance for the guys.
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  228 lbs.

Women at the gym

Women at the gym
    By Kristin Reisinger

Get calluses on your hands... your man will love it. :
    I agree with everything you said but this....no thanks lol.
    My wife wears gloves.
  7. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  228 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by sweatntears View Post
    My last 4 wk wt training program consisted of 4-5 exercises, 1 set of 100 reps, light wt and do as many reps as you can without stopping till you can do all 100 reps!!! Did 600-900 reps total per day, 5 days. I could not get 1 guy to partner up with me in my gym. No muscle endurance for the guys.
    Because its a silly way to excercise. Whats the point of it? A big pump? Big deal.
  8. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  230 lbs.

because there's no point to it.
  9. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  123 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

You wouldn't either, because as the guys said, there's no point to that kind of training (if you are trying to build muscular endurance it's NOT really the way to go about it; and there are more efficient ways of improving cardiovascular fitness, if that were the aim). There's NO need to do that much 5 days a week, regardless of how LIGHT the weight is (and if you're using light weights then there is NO point in having ANYone 'partner' up with you). You'd be better off doing 4-5 sessions a week of 4-5 exercises per session of 3-4 sets of 6-12 reps per exercise.
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  10. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  260 lbs.

SFW and GFH
  11. Professional Member

Quote Originally Posted by beastmode99 View Post
    because there's no point to it.
    well can't it be functional depending on the exercises?. I know in wrestling practice we'll whip out 100 squats or pushups etc. and in Muay Thai we'll do 100 kicks in a row. so exercises like calf raises, leg extensions, front db raises side laterals etc for high rep schemes work very well to increase endurance for fighting. Isn't this the same concept?
  12. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  228 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mixedup View Post
    well can't it be functional depending on the exercises?. I know in wrestling practice we'll whip out 100 squats or pushups etc. and in Muay Thai we'll do 100 kicks in a row. so exercises like calf raises, leg extensions, front db raises side laterals etc for high rep schemes work very well to increase endurance for fighting. Isn't this the same concept?
    Touche. To better illustrate, to the average strength increasing /mass building /body sculpting male who usually inhabits the gym world, this form of excercising is utterly useless. Repping out 100 reps of anything is great for helping out your cardiovascular fitness, although not so for the goals listed above. Guejsn was right in pointing out that there are better ways of going about getting cardiovascular endurance to increase though. In wrestling and Muay Thai or boxing they will have you train specific excercises cardio wise, that you will be using in a match, so that you are used to the movements when you have to use them and won't tire out as fast by doing a movement your body isn't used to. Our bodies adapt to specific excercises very well. Paint the fence Daniel San. Wax the car Daniel San.
  13. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  123 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mixedup View Post
    That's NOTHING alike. If you want endurance for something SPECIFIC you TRAIN IN it, as if simulating it (i.e. what you do for wrestling or Muay Thai); you don't just do random exercises (regardless of whether they are functional or not) for it. Which is what is said here:
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLastRonin View Post
    ...In wrestling and Muay Thai or boxing they will have you train specific excercises cardio wise, that you will be using in a match, so that you are used to the movements when you have to use them and won't tire out as fast by doing a movement your body isn't used to...

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  14. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  136 lbs.

My goal was to gain muscle endurance, strength, tighten and harden muscles. In the 4 wks time I actualy went down 4 pant sizes(8 to a 4) increased strength, lost 2% BF and gained major muscle hardness and definition. If YOU have the will power and GUTS try it YOU might like it!!!
  15. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  228 lbs.

My goal was to gain muscle endurance, strength, tighten and harden muscles. In the 4 wks time I actualy went down 4 pant sizes(8 to a 4) increased strength, lost 2% BF and gained major muscle hardness and definition.
    Didna read what we wrote did ya lassie. If you managed to do ALL that on that ridiculous workout plan then imagine what would have happened if you worked out properly.

If YOU have the will power and GUTS try it YOU might like it!!!
    It has NOTHING to do with POWER or GUTS lol, more like cardiovascular fitness centred on specific movements . If you think you have power, try a powerlifting or even better olympic style workout for the day. Balls to the wall.Stick with it for a month, traing as hard as you can..then tell me your previous workout took guts.
    P.S. what did your magic diet consist of?
  16. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  123 lbs.

My goal was to gain muscle endurance, strength, tighten and harden muscles. In the 4 wks time I actualy went down 4 pant sizes(8 to a 4) increased strength, lost 2% BF and gained major muscle hardness and definition. If YOU have the will power and GUTS try it YOU might like it!!!
    I doubt that you would have gained musch strength on such a routine (as you said yourself, you were using LIGHT weights). With diet and exercise alone 0.5% BF loss per week is the norm, so no surprises there. With that amount of volume your muscle WOULD be hard (very pumped for sure), and if you lost fat and were relatuvely lean then you would get definition. A size 8 to size 4 is actually only TWO sizes (i.e. 8, 6, 4), but good on you. And it's not about willpower or guts at all (doing high reps at a light weight is nothing); I have done VERY high-LOAD training sessions many times before (that use HEAVY weight), and ALL of my training is INTENSE. It's all about the individual. As said, there are MORE effective ways to achieve the goals you wanted.

17. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  220 lbs.

i need me a lady that kicks ass in the gym. they are way too rare.
  18. New Member
    Stats
    5'4"  160 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by jumpcannon View Post
    i need me a lady that kicks ass in the gym. they are way too rare.
    Come to Los Angeles. I think I can teach you a lesson or two. LOL. J/K.
  19. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  250 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Loretta View Post
    Come to Los Angeles. I think I can teach you a lesson or two. LOL. J/K.
    you got a place i can stay and a partime job i can work ill consider it

and hello ladies, didnt read the thread yet but ill go back and catchup, crader causing trouble in here?
  20. New Member
    Stats
    5'4"  160 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by nycste View Post
    you got a place i can stay and a partime job i can work ill consider it
    Sorry. You will have to find your own place and job. I don't want any deadbeat men in my life! LOL.
  21. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  250 lbs.

Sorry. You will have to find your own place and job. I don't want any deadbeat men in my life! LOL.
    ouch... i guess i get the cold shoulder for moving across the country for you.... maybe i should run myself outta this thread before i get over my head
  22. New Member
    Stats
    5'4"  160 lbs.

ouch... i guess i get the cold shoulder for moving across the country for you.... maybe i should run myself outta this thread before i get over my head
    Sorry, I thought we were joking and being silly here. I apologize that I was too realistic in my response to you.
  23. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  250 lbs.

Sorry, I thought we were joking and being silly here. I apologize that I was too realistic in my response to you.
    all good just didnt know if you were serious or not

so ladies, there is a lady in my gym who wears the typical spandex like outfit and some additions to her chest, shes older then me prob in 30s or 40s and checks me out often and i of course check her out too

ive been too afraid to say something but honestly id just like to say hi and introduce myself and make a workout partner and see whats up

ooo the best part is she actaully lifts weights and i find that so sexy, not afraid to share my feelings haha
  24. New Member
    Stats
    5'4"  135 lbs.

Try to make friends in her circle. This gives you instant credibility if you are preapproved by her friends at the gym. Then start casual and see where that takes you...if she's a true "cougar," then she may be unexpectedly forward with you and she'll make it easy (bonus!).
  25. New Member
    Stats
    5'4"  160 lbs.

ive been too afraid to say something but honestly id just like to say hi and introduce myself and make a workout partner and see whats up
    That's a good start. Women love it when men aren't shy. When we feel that men are shy, we eat it up. LOL.
  26. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  262 lbs.

i definitely applaud the woman who aren't afraid of the iron.

problem is most women at my gym think if they touch a weight that's not coated in pink rubber they'll drop testicals in a moments notice.
  27. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  123 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by natty texan View Post

problem is most women at my gym think if they touch a weight that's not coated in pink rubber they'll drop testicals in a moments notice.
    That's most females. And it's ironic that they all want the hard, sexy bodies of women who DO lift weights. They just never realize the WORK that goes into looking good. And those women I cannot take seriously.

Anyways, yes, a female that ACTUALLY trains SERIOUSLY (and not just cardio or with 2.2lb weights) is a GOOD thing. I wish more were like that. But hey, training with the boys is always better

28. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  262 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Guejsn View Post
    That's most females. And it's ironic that they all want the hard, sexy bodies of women who DO lift weights. They just never realize the HARD WORK that goes into looking good.

Anyways, yes, females that ACTUALLY train SERIOUSLY (and not just cardio or with 2.2lb weights) are a GOOD thing. I wish more were like that. But hey, training with the boys is always better
    me too.

i made a mistake in my most recent relationship.

the girl didn't want a boyfriend with big muscles and i was recovering from a blown out knee when i met her so i never started lifting again.

she dumped me about a month ago. boy i felt dumb.

I wont date another girl that doesn't at least let me respect my own body. I'd rather find a girl I could lift with, but as i said they don't exist in my town.

I live in texas' version of laguna beach or whatever that t.v. show was called.
  29. New Member
    Stats
    5'4"  135 lbs.

Mine haven't come in yet, so I think I'm in the clear!
  30. New Member
    Stats
    5'4"  135 lbs.

That's most females. And it's ironic that they all want the hard, sexy bodies of women who DO lift weights. They just never realize the WORK that goes into looking good. And those women I cannot take seriously.

Anyways, yes, a female that ACTUALLY trains SERIOUSLY (and not just cardio or with 2.2lb weights) is a GOOD thing. I wish more were like that. But hey, training with the boys is always better
    I think a lot of this is because hollywood actresses tell the public that they don't really workout a lot they were just gifted...either that or they acheived it by just doing yoga. BS! They don't pay their trainers $300 a session to help them breathe and pose.
  31. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

This thread is frackin' sweet. I loooove me some ladies lifting heavy
  32. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.

Oh so true, Nat was telling me today that a girl came up to her in the gym and said she wanted to look like me and Nat but that she could never do it. She said she does not have the genetics. I think its easier for them to make excuses then to admit they just dont have the willpower to lift and eat correct. Then they can tell themselves, well its not my fault..sigh.

I'm always up to help someone, but the moment they show me that its just a waste of time I'm out! If you show me you can try and put in the time, do as your told and lift and eat right I am right there to encourage.
  33. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  228 lbs.

Oh so true, Nat was telling me today that a girl came up to her in the gym and said she wanted to look like me and Nat but that she could never do it. She said she does not have the genetics. I think its easier for them to make excuses then to admit they just dont have the willpower to lift and eat correct. Then they can tell themselves, well its not my fault..sigh.

I'm always up to help someone, but the moment they show me that its just a waste of time I'm out! If you show me you can try and put in the time, do as your told and lift and eat right I am right there to encourage.
    That is why I quit my stint personal training people back in the day. I hate trying to mold someone and help them help themselves then they just quit or give up, even if they are seeing amazing results!!I loathe quitters.
  34. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  123 lbs.

me too.

the girl didn't want a boyfriend with big muscles and i was recovering from a blown out knee when i met her so i never started lifting again.

I wont date another girl that doesn't at least let me respect my own body. I'd rather find a girl I could lift with, but as i said they don't exist in my town.

What you need is someone who supports you in your body goals; who you can train with and who shares similar (if not the same) lifestyle habits. It goes both ways, though. Females like myself prefer a partner who lives and loves this lifestyle; who will push us to our limits; who isn't intimidated by a woman that lifts weights and is strong and powerful and independent; and who finds that muscle sexy (muscle is far sexier than fat skinny period).

Quote Originally Posted by littlejeni View Post
    I think a lot of this is because hollywood actresses tell the public that they don't really workout a lot they were just gifted...either that or they acheived it by just doing yoga. BS! They don't pay their trainers $300 a session to help them breathe and pose.
    Nope. They just eat next to nothing or do cardio (or ARE the girls with the little pink dumbbells). And those that DO train (like Jessica Biel or Jennifer Garner) certainly never got like that through yoga...

Yup. Females are like that (the large majority of them). People love to make excuses. Genetics has a little to do with the potential of your body, but not that much, and you can become what you want with the desire, discipline, committment and hard work.

I personally do NOT like to train females, because they do NOT listen to a thing you say, and when they ask a question and hear the TRUTH then they don't really want to know it (almost as if they are just looking for someone to confirm theit misplaced ideas about training). Males are a lot better; and I can push them and can be blunt and it's also motivating for them to have a FEMALE trainer who can do that.

But anyways, I shall finish my tiny rant now.

35. New Member
    Stats
    5'4"  160 lbs.

me too.

And I'll never date a guy who doesn't work out or doesn't allow me to work out either. I have dated guys who didn't go to the gym and I have dated guys who couldn't handle my buffness. So, I would let myself "go" while I was in that relationship.

I just changed my avatar. I took this picture today. Compare this to the old one in my photo album.
  36. New Member
    Stats
    5'4"  160 lbs.

Same here. There is a guy in my gym who told me who wanted to start lifting with me after the New Year 2009. He came back to me and started making whimpy excuses like he has back therapy and can't do any exercises standing up or whatever. I just told him that I can't afford to slow down. I still see him at the gym. He's still doing swaying barbell curls and bent-over exercises. Bad back, huh? LOL.

And don't ask me about his physique.
  37. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  262 lbs.

What you need is someone who supports you in your body goals; who you can train with and who shares similar (if not the same) lifestyle habits. It goes both ways, though. Females like myself prefer a partner who lives and loves this lifestyle; who will push us to our limits; who isn't intimidated by a woman that lifts weights and is strong and powerful and independent; and who finds that muscle sexy (muscle is far sexier than fat skinny period).

mkay,

love at first....post?
  38. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  262 lbs.

And I'll never date a guy who doesn't work out or doesn't allow me to work out either. I have dated guys who didn't go to the gym and I have dated guys who couldn't handle my buffness. So, I would let myself "go" while I was in that relationship.

I just changed my avatar. I took this picture today. Compare this to the old one in my photo album.
    great improvements.

very sexy.

ya'll are my kinda women.
  39. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  262 lbs.

ah, so i went to the gym at a weird time for me and there was finally a girl in the weight room....

I did all i could not to stare.

It was like an angel....with 20's in her hands.
  40. New Member
    Stats
    5'4"  160 lbs.

ah, so i went to the gym at a weird time for me and there was finally a girl in the weight room....

I did all i could not to stare.

It was like an angel....with 20's in her hands.
    Wow, awesome. What exercises was she doing?

If you can get excited from 20-lb DBs, I can get you going with 75s while doing flat bench pressing.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Men and women switching roles at the gym
    By huggy77 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-29-2013, 01:44 PM
  2. Picking up women at the gym
    By ReaperX in forum General Chat
    Replies: 138
    Last Post: 08-31-2007, 01:44 PM
  3. Signs You'd Like to See Hung Up At the Gym
    By supersoldier in forum General Chat
    Replies: 63