Women at the gym!

Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    BMW fan?
    ha, absolutely... i'll get a pic up of my whip in a minute... you?


    edit: here you go





    /threadhijackwithpictures.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by e30Kat View Post
    ha, absolutely... i'll get a pic up of my whip in a minute... you?
    I rebuilt an old 325e (Torquester) after my SE-R got totalled by a drunk driver. The only car I really crave is a sweet new M3 or M5.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
    •   
       


  3. Hey!! No car talk or pics in my thread unless its being used in a powerlifting pic as a car drag!! This is a workout thread, not the blah blah talking for 30 min clogging up the gym guy kind of thread!!! LOL

  4. Quote Originally Posted by crader View Post
    Hey!! No car talk or pics in my thread unless its being used in a powerlifting pic as a car drag!! This is a workout thread, not the blah blah talking for 30 min clogging up the gym guy kind of thread!!! LOL
    Easy there Tiger. We were just showing all the other ladies exactly how it gets started and what was meant by this quote:

    Quote Originally Posted by AppliedBaby View Post
    Im with ya, the guys are bull****tin sittin on the benches for 10-15 minutes not doing anything. Im there to get it in and get out



    Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    I rebuilt an old 325e (Torquester) after my SE-R got totalled by a drunk driver. The only car I really crave is a sweet new M3 or M5.
    yes, they are absolutely sexy. and the difference between cars and women is the fatter/wider the cars are - the better


    If there's anymore car talk we'll take it to pm... you can have the bench now




    and thank you again for everybody's input on my previous question in this thread. To be on topic, my girlfriend just said to me last night that while she was at the gym yesterday, she was embarrased/intimidated to go over and do free weights near all the guys. So it definately is an issue women need to take a hold of. She's had experiences where she'd be working out with another girl friend, and guys would either bother her - or snicker and laugh at something they were doing improperly instead of being mature and helping out. I think part of the problem lies on us guys too. thats my .06 (inflation).

  5. Ahh well then you should take her over and teach her good form, as she builds confidence that will get better for her. It just takes time.
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by crader View Post
    Ahh well then you should take her over and teach her good form, as she builds confidence that will get better for her. It just takes time.
    My last post was referring to a time where I wasnt at the gym same time she was.

    Today she worked out with me and a buddy and we hit legs hard. We're both nice and sore already, and she's happy she tagged along with us.

    Slowly but surely she should be comfortable to do it on her own...

    thanks again for the suggestions!

  7. Thats awesome you work out with her. It can be fun and make it easier sometimes!

  8. Its stacking quite well with the DCP/ephedra stack I'm doing.[/QUOTE]

    Is DCP ok to stack with ephedra??? I'm sorry if this is a stupid question... i haven't been on this forum in a while and am still going threw all the posts!

    Any help will be much appreciated!

    P.S. I have a HUGE jiu-jitsu competition that I have to loose another 15 lbs. to make weight. I am running an ephedra stack right now, I am seeing results but would love to make a bigger dent in fat loss.

  9. I'm using the ephedra/DCP combo right now. As long as you keep water up its fine.

  10. This post is awesome! It gives me inspiration to go out there and work even HARDER! Thanks!

  11. HEY! I POWER WALK G-DAMMIT! ;P 45 min to 1 hr 5x/week (~4 miles). Or I'll hop on a treadmill and incline it to 10 (out of 15) and get my stroll on at 3.4mph.

    And if you're a girl and you "workout" and don't sweat, you suck. You're not even doing $hit. Get raunchy in the gym or get out.

    If you're a dood and you don't break a sweat.....piss off. Get off this forum ;D GAYZORES!!! GAY BALLS!!
  12. .


    Tripdog, boxmeman, and guesjn, (and many others): why quote the entire OP for your one sentence responses? They usually consist of "way to go" "rock on girl!" or "oh yea baby I like it like that" and quoting two pages of material does not seem necessary. I love scrolling with either my scroll bar or, if I am feeling crazy, my down arrow, as much as the next guy and I also like to re-read articles that I just read three more times, just for fun, just to see how it feels, but isn't the quote function supposed to be used to clarify what a response is referring too? If you are really feeling like when you say "Great Post! Keep rocking on!" people are going to have no idea that you are referring to the original post, would it not be easier on me if you would just add a simple "OP" to your response.

    Ex. - Great article! Thanks OP! Check your PM.

    I think that would work. I think people would get it. I would. I would not ask, I know you all are excellent contributors to the forum, but my scroll wheel is down to like a nub and I spent the last of my paycheck on lube and a subscription to dogloveXXX . com. So please do your part to save the wheel. My visa's maxed out.

  13. Wow crader, as a young female that just started working out, I'm absolutely awed by what you said in this post!

    I'm 5'4.5" and around 102 lbs...but very very week. I started working out a mth ago and only recently mastered using 5 pound dumb bells. But when it comes to working on my triceps, i still have a long way to go...

    I never knew that working on heavy weights helps you get leaner and lose body fat! I'm having a lot of trouble figuring out what's wrong with the changes in my body ever since I've started working out. I do alot of cardio but as well as weights with my personal trainer!

    I really want to get rid of my love handles, lower abs and tone up my hamstrings and bum!

    Any advice?

  14. This thread needs more pictures

  15. Quote Originally Posted by jessicalykwan View Post
    Wow crader, as a young female that just started working out, I'm absolutely awed by what you said in this post!

    I'm 5'4.5" and around 102 lbs...but very very week. I started working out a mth ago and only recently mastered using 5 pound dumb bells. But when it comes to working on my triceps, i still have a long way to go...

    I never knew that working on heavy weights helps you get leaner and lose body fat! I'm having a lot of trouble figuring out what's wrong with the changes in my body ever since I've started working out. I do alot of cardio but as well as weights with my personal trainer!

    I really want to get rid of my love handles, lower abs and tone up my hamstrings and bum!

    Any advice?

    My first advice would be to make sure you are getting at least 110 grams of protein in a day. If your protein levels are to low you will not build muscle.

    For your lower body I recommend 4 sets of walking dumbell lunges. Squats are good and deadlifts of course are a staple. Abs are all diet. If your diet is locked in then they will show. But the muscle you build under it will come from leg lifts, crunches , walkouts and all the fun things your trainer should already have you doing.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by crader View Post
    My first advice would be to make sure you are getting at least 110 grams of protein in a day. If your protein levels are to low you will not build muscle.

    For your lower body I recommend 4 sets of walking dumbell lunges. Squats are good and deadlifts of course are a staple. Abs are all diet. If your diet is locked in then they will show. But the muscle you build under it will come from leg lifts, crunches , walkouts and all the fun things your trainer should already have you doing.
    When you say 110 grams of protein, should I take those protein shakes or just any type of food that has protein like chicken? My diet is really bad...I eat cold cut sandwiches soemtimes, lots of carbs and occassionally junk food. Ever since I started working out, I never seem to be full! Is that normal?

    When you say abs are all diet, doesnt that mean I should eat less in terms of portions? I have severe bowel movements and I'm not sure if that's the reason my tummy's been extremely bloated.

    I'm seeing my personal trainer today. I'll ask her to show me what walkouts and deadlifts are (cuz I dunno what they are). Thanks for the tips so far crader!

    Jess

  17. Quote Originally Posted by jessicalykwan View Post
    When you say 110 grams of protein, should I take those protein shakes or just any type of food that has protein like chicken? My diet is really bad...I eat cold cut sandwiches soemtimes, lots of carbs and occassionally junk food. Ever since I started working out, I never seem to be full! Is that normal?

    When you say abs are all diet, doesnt that mean I should eat less in terms of portions? I have severe bowel movements and I'm not sure if that's the reason my tummy's been extremely bloated.

    I'm seeing my personal trainer today. I'll ask her to show me what walkouts and deadlifts are (cuz I dunno what they are). Thanks for the tips so far crader!

    Jess
    For the protein get as much of that as you can from natural foods, but protein drinks are fine to fill in the gaps. It sounds like the foods you are eating are higher in sodium. Maybe try eating a meal with 30 grams of protein say every three hours. Try to keep your carbs things like oatmeal, sweet potatoes and whole grain rice. Get Gut Health from Nutraplanet to help with your bloat and bowels.

    When I say its all diet for abs its in terms of the healthy foods you choose to eat. To much salt and bread type carbs and high sugar will keep your abs from showing.

    You will lose more weight from weight training with light cardio than you will heavy cardio and little weights.

  18. Thanks for the article. I know I am a little late. I showed it to my girlfriend, b/c she feels she has hit a plateau with loosing weight. She was very responsive and is going to give it a try. She said she has always been weary of lifting like the article mentioned, b/c her trainer said that if she had any fat on her and then gained muscle, the muscle would push the fat and cause cellulite(sp?). And this was her volleyball coach, either her AAU or college coach(she played Division 1). Any truth to this. I mean I dont buy it, but what do i know.

  19. great article. just emailed to my girlfriend.
    I'm dying to get her to squat, bench, and deadlift again.
    she doesn't realize that when she did this she was in the best shape of her life.

  20. Definitely forwarded this *thread to some girls I train with. Straight and to the damn point, Thanks!

  21. Woohoo!!! You're awesome!

  22. I know this is kind of out of topic but can you really workout to get ur bum bigger? Most females are trying to lose their butt but I actually need some! And uummm is there anyway of trying to get rid of cellulite off your bum as well?

  23. Quote Originally Posted by jessicalykwan View Post
    I know this is kind of out of topic but can you really workout to get ur bum bigger? Most females are trying to lose their butt but I actually need some! And uummm is there anyway of trying to get rid of cellulite off your bum as well?
    cellulite has to do with genetics. Want a bigger bum? Squat heavy. and try some deadlifts.
    SFW and GFH

  24. Quote Originally Posted by jessicalykwan View Post
    I know this is kind of out of topic but can you really workout to get ur bum bigger? Most females are trying to lose their butt but I actually need some! And uummm is there anyway of trying to get rid of cellulite off your bum as well?
    Cellulite , not so much. But as far as the butt shaping goes, its got muscle also so you can build the muscle there.
    Do squats, walking barbell lunges and exercise like that to hit that area!

  25. Fantastic post.


  26. Deeeep squats.


    Squatting deep puts you in that bucket that uses your glutes to get out of.

  27. I'm currently logging my progress with Lipotrophin-PM. I just started it on Wed. (8/05/08) so you could keep up with my log to see if you think it would work for your girlfriend. I love the supplement so far.. it's working well for me.
    Here's the link: Kaleyrae is burnin' body rubber with Lipotrophin-PM & Napalm!

  28. I hear ya!! Amen!

  29. Beautiful article. Thank you for posting that.

  30. good post women read this thread its a must to help you get into the best shape of your life and also if your man lifts ask him to take you with him and show you somethings im sure he will probably love it cuz i love takin my lady to the gym and havin her workout as well, its hot to see a girl actually pushin some weight and not them rinky dink 5ib DB's ya kno
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Men and women switching roles at the gym
    By huggy77 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-29-2013, 02:44 PM
  2. Picking up women at the gym
    By ReaperX in forum General Chat
    Replies: 138
    Last Post: 08-31-2007, 02:44 PM
  3. Signs You'd Like to See Hung Up At the Gym
    By supersoldier in forum General Chat
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 09-20-2004, 01:36 PM
  4. Horrible Day at the Gym
    By supersoldier in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-19-2004, 04:58 AM
  5. Robbed at the Gym
    By DarCSA in forum General Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-25-2002, 08:18 PM
Log in
Log in