Needs weight gaining advice

Lhendryx81

Awards
Hello. I am 30 years old. 5"5 and 120. Ive been out of the gym for a year now and am having to start back at the begining. Im having a hard time putting on weight. Im doing only weight lifting no cardio because I do not want to lose any more calories. I know that my biggest issue is im not taking in enough calories to gai the weight I want. And advice is welcome

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
U prolly heard this 100 times but eat eat eat. U need to plan your meals ahead of time so your not scrambling n reaching for the first thing that you see which is probably full of fat and or sugars. Try to eat at least 5-6 meals a day at least 2 of those need to be a protein shake.

Lhendryx81

Awards
Thats the thing . Im having a hard time getting tge extra meals in. right now im at 2 meals a day abd two protien shakes.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hello. I am 30 years old. 5"5 and 120. Ive been out of the gym for a year now and am having to start back at the begining. Im having a hard time putting on weight. Im doing only weight lifting no cardio because I do not want to lose any more calories. I know that my biggest issue is im not taking in enough calories to gai the weight I want. And advice is welcome
If you're just getting back into it, your body will respond fairly rapidly and you'll get "newbie gains" if you're eating enough for muscle accretion.

If you want gains, then you need to eat enough for them, and no supplement is going to help you gain muscle if you're not eating for it, period! NUTRITION and TRAINING are the two factors that you need to focus on. FOOD, FOOD, and MORE FOOD is going to be IMPORTANT - if you want muscle gains, you needs to EAT for it!

Next to nutrition for mass is training. You have to be training correctly for mass - check out the article How To Maximize Mass Through Weights And Adaptation for an idea of how to train correctly for mass. And although The Essential 8 is in the fat loss section, the same exercises that are best for fat loss are also the best for gaining muscle! You also need to get adequate recovery, since it's in your RECOVERY that you GROW (if you are eating enough).

Thats the thing . Im having a hard time getting tge extra meals in. right now im at 2 meals a day abd two protien shakes.
If you want more muscle mass, then you need to EAT FOR IT, period! Try eating MORE at each meal and replacing your protein shakes with REAL food - you'll get far more benefit from it.

~Rosie~

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would just hire Rosie...............................:)