Need advice on current diet...

Meme88

Awards
Hello all!

I just wanted to get some advice on a diet I was looking into. I have been reading "burn the fat, feed the muscle," which is very informative, and decided to follow the meal layouts provided. However, I have little to no muscle. I am trying to shed pregnancy weight as well as the pounds of fat I have added on:slap:. I am weight/resistance training (5-10lb dumbbells) 5 days a week with 2 off days. I am also following Rosie's "3 keys to fat loss" which offers great routines and information for beginners. I use a calorie counter app on my phone which, on average, records about 90-100g of protein, 1200-1400 cals, and 140-200g carbs daily. I haven't been subtracting dietry fiber though...am I supposed to???? Are either of these meal plans good for me? I have been following the first one but haven't been consuming all the carbs that are required. Please help me. I want to do this right. Thanks!!!

These are the following meal layouts:

The menu template for the baseline diet
Meal 1:
Lean Protein, Starchy Carb, Simple carb (dairy or fruit)
Meal 2:
Lean Protein, Starchy Carb, Simple carb (dairy or fruit)
Meal 3:
Lean Protein, Starchy Carb, Fibrous carb (vegetable/salad)
Meal 4:
Meal 5

or

The menu template for the low or moderate carbohydrate diet
Meal 1:
Lean Protein, Starchy carb (large serving)
Meal 2:
Lean Protein, Starchy carb (large serving)
Meal 3:
Lean Protein, Starchy carb (small serving or none), Fibrous carb (vegetable/salad)
Meal 4:
Lean Protein, Fibrous carb (vegetable/salad), essential fat
Meal 5
Lean Protein, Fibrous carb (vegetable/salad), essential fat

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Tom Venuto's Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle is an excellent fat loss resource.

Fibre is included in your total daily carbohydrate intake.

I recommend using the first meal plan. However, make sure you ARE getting in all the calories and carbohydrates - otherwise, it defeats the purpose of following a meal plan, and actually means that you are shorting yourself calories, which could be detrimental to your progress. You want to make sure that you're getting in your good fats with meal plan one as well, though.

Since you have read both fat loss resources, both which explain things in detail, Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle much more comprehensive than The 3 Keys to Fat Loss, you don't need me here.

All the best!

~Rosie~

Meme88

Awards
Thanks Rosie. I was just a bit unsure about having carbs with every meal.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Thanks Rosie. I was just a bit unsure about having carbs with every meal.
No worries :)

There is nothing wrong with having carbohydrates at every meal - I do it, and everyone knows I am against low or restrictive carbohydrate diets. See how it goes, and if you have to after a few weeks, go to meal plan two.

~Rosie~

Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
Your good to go Meme, :D hope to see u posting once in awhile. it's good to keep in touch!