New to the site, any advice would be appreciated

Pilatesbody

Awards
Hi,
I'm new to AM and would like some help with getting fit. I am down from 145 lbs and now weigh 122 lbs. I am more concerned now with getting my body fat down from 24.5% to somewhere between 16-18%. I don't want to be bulky, I would just like to be lean and have some definition. For the past year I've going to the gym about 4 times a week, I do cardio every one of those days for at least 20 mins and I do heavy resistance light reps 3x a week, but I don't seem to see a change and I've changed my diet too, I am doing a protein shake for breakfast (sometimes I do wheat bread, egg white, organic peanut butter), chicken breast sandwich (low sodium cheese, mustard, light mayo) dinner (salmon, sweet potato). I usually have two snacks and they consist of one Greek yogurt, and almonds mixed with fruit. I currently am not using any supplements. I have read some of the forums and have gotten some good tips, but I am just in need of advice for supplements/fat burners (that don't contain too much caffeine/stimulants), exercise tips and food tips for my situation. Anything would be appreciated. Thank you and I'm happy to be here.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Hi,
I'm new to AM and would like some help with getting fit. I am down from 145 lbs and now weigh 122 lbs. I am more concerned now with getting my body fat down from 24.5% to somewhere between 16-18%. I don't want to be bulky, I would just like to be lean and have some definition. For the past year I've going to the gym about 4 times a week, I do cardio every one of those days for at least 20 mins and I do heavy resistance light reps 3x a week, but I don't seem to see a change and I've changed my diet too, I am doing a protein shake for breakfast (sometimes I do wheat bread, egg white, organic peanut butter), chicken breast sandwich (low sodium cheese, mustard, light mayo) dinner (salmon, sweet potato). I usually have two snacks and they consist of one Greek yogurt, and almonds mixed with fruit. I currently am not using any supplements. I have read some of the forums and have gotten some good tips, but I am just in need of advice for supplements/fat burners (that don't contain too much caffeine/stimulants), exercise tips and food tips for my situation. Anything would be appreciated. Thank you and I'm happy to be here.
First :welcome:

Next, please take the time to look around the site, especially here in the Female Fitness subforum, because you'll find that many threads are asking the same thing as you are - with answers in there.

As far as your goals, I highly recommend reading The 3 Keys to Fat Loss - it contains comprehensive advice and information on nutrition, supplementation, and training for effective and successful fat loss, and if you follow the principles outlined in the article, you should get to where you want to be.

It covers supplements, and honestly, as it says, you do NOT need any supplements but the Basic Staples (creatine, multivitamin/antioxidant, good fats, protein, and BCAAs) - at your weight, you can almost get all your good fats, protein, and BCAAs requirements from your diet. I don't recommend using anything else - NUTRITION AND TRAINING are what are going to get you results.

If you haven't seen a change, then you need to change things up - not everything all at once, but one thing at a time.

IMO, you need to look at your NUTRITION again. A protein shake is NOT enough for breakfast. Doesn't look like you are eating ENOUGH - if you eat too little, your body will fight you for it. Make sure you read the Nutrition section of The 3 Keys to Fat Loss thoroughly.

All the best in achieving your goals - you can do it in 2011!

~Rosie~