me and my gf are having a baby

cmp007

Awards
  • Established
So were having a baby towards the end of the year and my gf wants to still be in great shape during and after she has the baby. This is all new to me and I want to come here and get your opinions on things. She likes to do palates and yoga and stuff like that. And I guess some light cardio also. Just want to see what things are ok to do and dont want her to over do it. Shes the type that loses and tones up easy on a bad diet so I dont think she will have to work much at it anyways. Im making sure her diet stays good for the most part to keep our little guy as healthy as possible. And also you ladies have any other tips im open ears. Like I said its all new to me and I want both my babies to be in perfect health. Thanks!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So were having a baby towards the end of the year and my gf wants to still be in great shape during and after she has the baby. This is all new to me and I want to come here and get your opinions on things. She likes to do palates and yoga and stuff like that. And I guess some light cardio also. Just want to see what things are ok to do and dont want her to over do it. Shes the type that loses and tones up easy on a bad diet so I dont think she will have to work much at it anyways. Im making sure her diet stays good for the most part to keep our little guy as healthy as possible. And also you ladies have any other tips im open ears. Like I said its all new to me and I want both my babies to be in perfect health. Thanks!
She can pretty much train right up until she has the baby - and everything you mention she likes to do is not strenuous enough to cause any complications. But yes, her nutrition IS important, especially if she is pregnant, as she has the BABY'S health to consider now, not just her own, so make sure that she gets in enough of what she needs.

~Team APPNUT

ANGblonD

Awards
Mostly anything fitness wise that she was able to do before she got pregnant she can do while she is pregnant.Every woman is different so it's good to speak with her physician first.In all it's not safe to start a new fitness program while pregnant but the pilates and yoga is said to be good for women who are expecting.Congratulations

joedf

Awards
She should be ok doing what she has has been doing. It's important to remember that she just needs to try to maintain what she has and not to be concerned with making new gains. Just take it slow and controlled.
Also on a side note you will need to double or even triple compliments towards her. Especially on days she feels "fat".

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I know there are Pilates and yoga institutions that do cater directly to pregnancy. I would look up one in your local area as I know certain stretches they do perform help with birthing and follow up.

CaponeCEO

CaponeCEO

Awards
  • Established
Obviously no supplements and I would advise staying away from protein powders as well. Stick to real whole foods. Make sure she has lots of water before working out because dehydration can effect the baby.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Would like to bump this, however for the guy... What is ok to take while trying to get pregnant?? Are things like natty test boosters or ai's ok?

madripper32

madripper32

Awards
  • Established
She can keep her normal routine for most of the pregnancy, her body will let her know what she can and cannot do. I women at my gym was walking in the treadmill and doing very light upper body exercises basically up to her due date. This also helps with making the actual birth easier because her body is stronger. Good luck to you both.

jiggero

jiggero

Awards
  • Established
She should do palates and yoga as well as cardio.
She can keep her normal routine for most of the pregnancy, her body will let her know what she can and cannot do. I women at my gym was walking in the treadmill and doing very light upper body exercises basically up to her due date. This also helps with making the actual birth easier because her body is stronger. Good luck to you both.
Her baby is already in preschool..LOL

bossman523

Banned
Awards
i was in preschool once. those were the days. i am slightly, and only slightly, more mature now ;)

Nooshefx

Nooshefx

Awards
  • Established
All of this is good information! Watching my wife squat pregnant would probably scare the #*## out of me though!!!

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
My wife is pregnant too, and from what I understand, the first trimester is very crucial and she shouldn't be training hard. - My wife has only been walking on the treadmill with some incline intervals. Once she breaks through week twelve she will start powerlifting with me again.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Congratulations!!! How exciting!!!! :) :D

bigadam73

bigadam73

Awards
Cangrats bro. Just had a baby boy my self. 3 months old. A lotttt of fun...but also a lot of work.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
my son is almost 2, alot of fun he is....

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hi Bossman!! No babies for me!!! :D

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My wife is 25 weeks pregnant, she was able to run and do some weights until pretty recently. Now her belly is getting to the point its uncomfortable to run so she walks on the treadmill. Its definitely helped her through this so far, she's only gained weight in the belly and our midwife told us this will help her get back faster after the baby.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
threeFs

threeFs

Awards
All the preggers need to read about prone position exertion and blood flow restriction to the uterus.
So flat bench and laying ab work is no bueno.

That said, disregard heart rate and work as comfortable. Think about all that extra oxygen in the blood getting to the baby!!

We have 2 daughters btw and my wife teaches group fitness and personal training. (She also runs kids boot camp classes which is awesome because our girls always go as well)

Abner

Awards
Congrats dear. That was an amazing. Wishing you all the best and good wishes for your baby. May God bless him and he will never see any sorrow in his life. It was a great news. Thanks to sharing.