Another tall guy/long torso-limbs question

tmachovec

tmachovec

Awards
I really like the thread about chest exercises and stopping about two inches from your chest when doing pressing exercises. I'm 6'2 about 185 and for an idea of my build I have 15.5" arms and a 40" inch chest. I never realized how far my arms go down my sides until that post. I am about two or three inches from touching my knees!

Anyway I have a long torso compared to alot of people and am look for some advice on deadlifting. I much as I try I always seem to round out my back unless I am doing only 100 pounds or so. An other advice for building muscle on an ectomorph with long muscles and skinny wrists?

Right now I started a heavy weight, 3 sets of 5-7 reps, for now in my routine. I am going to switch it up in april. Is that ok with my frame? This will be my first year of lifting and wish I could get those gains I had when I started. I used to only weigh 160 this time last year :rofl:

TheAnimalG

TheAnimalG

Awards
You shouldn't be rounding your back at all, even if you are tall.
Try sticking your butt out when you lift. It will force your back to be pretty straight.

Rhyno

Rhyno

Awards
  • Established
Have you tried dragging the bar up your shins? It hurts a bit but always seems to get me into the proper alignment.

ITHURTZ

ITHURTZ

Awards
  • Established
I could never do deadlifts, so I do rackpulls instead

Other than that, pack on the mass and the size will fill you out

tattoopierced1

try using a trap bar when deadlifting. Could help you with keeping your center of gravity a bit better.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ive Done Deads for four years now. I'm 6ft3 . Just use proper form

SteelEntity

SteelEntity

Awards
  • Established
Im 6'4 when I started deads I used sumo stance because it allows you to be less flexible, then when I was really comfortable with doing them I switched to standard. When you pull the weight try pulling it towards you almost horizontally.