Max Ot Training!

Blindfaith

Awards
Ive been doing this program for the past 6 weeks and have been making some of the biggest gains as far as strenght and muscle gains that ive seen in quite a long time! Give it a shot and see what happens!

http://ast-ss.com/max-ot/welcome.asp

if it asks for a username/password then put this in:

Username: Blindfaith

Password: dave

txwakeskater

Awards
Thanks bro, im more than likely gonna give it a try :D

Lifeguard

Lifeguard

Awards
  • Established
I tried this program....its good....I got good gains while on it...its geared more for beginners....but, hey the simple stuff always works.

LG. :cool:

Blindfaith

Awards
I would'nt exactly go as far as calling this program a beginners program...the body for life program is for beginners.

Ive been lifting for 7 years and i find this program very challanging...and most of all im getting great results from it...something a beginners program would not do!

cheers

Dr of Golf

Awards
Thanks for sharing!

I'm currently in my off season and I was just getting ready to start my heavy lifting schedule to get ready for the 2003 season. This is something I'm looking forward to. Hopefully, I'll see the good gains in strength and muscle that you have. :)

I'll be starting this program on Monday.

Once again, thanks Blindfaith.

Blindfaith

Awards
good luck brotha! keep us posted on your gains and progress

MA$$BUILDER

Awards
Max-ot is a very good routine. Its not a begginer routine at all.

Timbo

Awards
This program is far, far cry from a Beginner's program. If one is applying the principles of Max-OT training, and specifically training with the intensity and overload necessary and suggested, then one is quite advanced in their training. Of course the lifts and the resounding principles sound basic...but guess what? That's exactly what builds MAXIMUM muscle and strength. It's not supersets, giant sets, drop sets, 15-rep sets, 30 sets per bodypart, foo-foo isolation exercises, etc. The latter may build some muscle, but I know I'm not about wasting my time on building some muscle. I guarantee that applying these principles, one will encounter some of the greatest muscle and strength gains. Now, some tweaking may be in order with bodypart frequency and pairing, training frequency, training volume and slightly with rep schemes (for example, I find that I train better with 8RM loads than 4 or 6RM...but I wouldn't suggest higher than 8), but that's part of the process anyhow. I would like to hear more on others experiences with this vehicle of building a bigger, better and stronger body.

scotty2

Awards
  • Established
Is this program adviseable on a ph cycle, with it's lack of volume?

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
As Timbo said, some tinkering may be in order with regards to bodypart frequency, training frequency, what have you, so I'd think a slightly modified version would be the way to go if you are working with the benefits of PH and are able to repair faster. Never done it myself, though I am a big believer in instinctive training. If you be feelin less stress cause you be pumpin hormones, increase the loads ya know? Volume training works so well for so many users though, I'd probably try that first :D

butch

Awards
Max OT while doing PHs?

I have been looking at the Max OT workout program, but I'm just about to start a cycle of ONE and am thinking that while on that I want to work each muscle group more than once a week. I'm thinking that the 1-test will allow for faster recovery and so I'm thinkin' that I'd not be getting the most of it if I was doing Max OT while on the cycle. Anybody have any opinions as to whether that makes sense or not?

hamper19

hamper19

The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
Awards
  • Established
BF man hows this going for you? You still doing it? I think I might start this. Looks good

h19

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
yeah thanks bro for sharing the username/pass thats cool as hell.. im gonna read up on it in a lil bit

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
I LOVE Max OT training. It works awesome. Ive put on more strength with this than any other routine. Of course, if you use it all the time, youll stagnate. Usually, we'll have our regular higher-volume routines that we'll make great gains with, and as soon as I can feel a plateau comming we switch to maxOT. I dont think Ive ever hit a 'real' plateu doing things this way...

As for while on cycle, Ive incorporated some of the MaxOT stuff...our first exercise is a compound power movement, done MaxOT style but with 6 sets instead of 3. (plus the 3 warm up) The rest of the routine is balls to the wall intensity, 90 seconds between sets,etc. Been working great so far Ive gained 10lbs, 10 days into T1.

BigVrunga

hamper19

hamper19

The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
Awards
  • Established
damn... 10lbs in 10 days.....isn't that some kind of record. I am going to incorporate some of the max ot style lifting into my current workout. I will have to adjust it according to my schedule, but I am looking forward to tomorrow...today was my off day...lol

h19

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
MaxOT helped me get my bench from 195 to 225 last year in about 4 weeks, and helped me get my dumbell shoulder presses from 60's to 70's in about 3 weeks about 6 months ago.

I like to use it to get the poundages up, and the switch to a 10,8,6,4 or 10,8,6,6 style routine with the newly aquired heavy weight. I think the higher rep/more intense routines definately help with the whole hypertrophy issue, and help build more quality muscle. Of course, if you're not going heavy, you're just wasting time, and MaxOT definately helps you get there. The cycling of the routines also keeps your body guessing!

BigVrunga

SUPAJAwS1

Awards
What kinda results did you fellas who started the routine after blindfaith see? Dr. Golf? Txwakeskater?

Super Tri's

Awards
Hey Guys, I read up on it and employ some of its techniques as most would, but here is my main question:

It doesn't address the difference in training fast vs slow twich muscle fibers,

ie: i train quads, hams, back, calves with higher rep ranges, quads 20-30 reps per set; with chest/shoulders...5-8 per set

what do you guys think???

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Legs definately do need more volume - but they also need heavy ass weight. I mean, if you're a freak and can squat 315 for 30, then by all means keep doing it...:)
I train with a weight I can get for 10 reps, and then work it up to sets of 15 reps, then increase the weight.

BigVrunga

RaulJimenez

Awards
  • Established
While ON definitely add more volume , but if you aren't on a cycle by no means I think you should add more volume into your legs workouts, specially compound exercises such as SQUAT as long as you hit them hard, by hard i mean in the 4-8 rep range, better to avoid overtraining than setting yourself back and possibly injury yourself.

KingaDeca220

KingaDeca220

Awards
Wow I remember using this program about 3 years ago, it's a great program, and nothing close to "beginner" I've even gone as far as to create some routines for clients using tidbits of the Max-OT principals and routines. Anyone trying it keep us posted on results. Btw, this is my first post here on these boards. It was recommended by a guy I work with. I look forward to sharing knowledge, as well as aquiring some too :D

Dr of Golf

Awards
What kinda results did you fellas who started the routine after blindfaith see? Dr. Golf? Txwakeskater?

Sorry for the late reply, I've been on the road.

As for results, I had to discontinue the program after 2 months due to my golf schedule, but I did see some good results during that brief time. I WILL definitely be going back on the Max OT routine when I finish for the season, sometime around the end of October or early November.

crazypete

Awards
i used a very similar routine last summer, it sure works. most people overtrain anyway, so this is why they usually see gains on such a program.

as for squatting, i haven't done more than 10 reps per set since last year (usually less than 7 except for GVT). when i haven't been on the dl it works wonders for me.

cheers, pete

goldylight

***** Vampire
Awards
  • Established
How many people take the week off every 8 weeks?

boffo234

Awards
Sorry to bring up a old thread, but thought it to be a better idea than creating a new one. Anyways, I have recently started Max-OT, and have reached week 3 (first routine change), and I am noticing that there are NO oblique lifts (are these really needed?), and that this routine is seriously lacking in the deadlift department (oh sure there are SLDL, but I need REAL DL's!). And I looked ahead and the routine, and it goes to the 3 workouts a week (with more volume), and then the 3on 1 off routine. Well, with me being a meso-endo, I try to stray from only 3 workouts a week, and I really am new to the 3on 1off routine, and have had no experience with it.

I guess my question is, should I use the Max-OT principles (the overloading, and intensity), and create my own routine (complete with swapping of days, and lift changes) or should I just continue for the 12 weeks and see how my results go. I am not one for wasting 12 weeks of training, so I would like some opinions on some of the lacking points of Max-OT, as I am sure you all know more about training than me (a troubled teen trying to act like abodybuilder :D). Also, did everyone who has attempted it take the week off every 4 weeks?

hulkster

Awards
Sorry to bring up a old thread, but thought it to be a better idea than creating a new one. Anyways, I have recently started Max-OT, and have reached week 3 (first routine change), and I am noticing that there are NO oblique lifts (are these really needed?), and that this routine is seriously lacking in the deadlift department (oh sure there are SLDL, but I need REAL DL's!). And I looked ahead and the routine, and it goes to the 3 workouts a week (with more volume), and then the 3on 1 off routine. Well, with me being a meso-endo, I try to stray from only 3 workouts a week, and I really am new to the 3on 1off routine, and have had no experience with it.

I guess my question is, should I use the Max-OT principles (the overloading, and intensity), and create my own routine (complete with swapping of days, and lift changes) or should I just continue for the 12 weeks and see how my results go. I am not one for wasting 12 weeks of training, so I would like some opinions on some of the lacking points of Max-OT, as I am sure you all know more about training than me (a troubled teen trying to act like abodybuilder :D). Also, did everyone who has attempted it take the week off every 4 weeks?
I think you should go through and read the program again. If I where you I would stick to the 5 on 2 off scheme and I would also take the week off that is reconmended for after week 8-10. The max-ot course outlined on ast's web site is just a crash course for max-ot. Once you get through it and read through more and more of there web site you will be able to put your own workouts together following thier guidelines. If you stray from some aspects of there training it's on you but I would stick close to the basics they built the system on. Heavy weight low reps and high intensity and using compound movements. For me this is the only way to train, evrything else feels like a waste of time. You will put on strength and size quickly using max-ot. Remember there is no wrong way to build muscle, just a better way... and max-ot is that way.

I'm not sure how old this post is but I've just come across this thread, so here is my responce. If you have any more questions I know max-ot in and out, also the crew over at ast will gladly answer any question you may have, as long as it has merit.

Godlike

Awards
Damn they changed it. Now you have to put in an email address and password .

iron addict

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Some of the Max-OT routines are set up very well and should be productive.....others simply suck. Choose wisely. Some are well thought out and are structured in a way that joe average can profit from. Others simply have way too much overlap in their structure.

Iron Addict

hogiejoe

Banned
Awards
i definetely agree that this is a very effective program but i also agree that it has a lot of overlapping, especially arms and shoulders. i would recommend using the max-ot principles but dividing your upper body workouts into pushing and pulling days.

hulkster

Awards
i definetely agree that this is a very effective program but i also agree that it has a lot of overlapping, especially arms and shoulders. i would recommend using the max-ot principles but dividing your upper body workouts into pushing and pulling days.
what do you mean by overlapping, and what do you think the benifit is of splitting your upper body into pushing and pulling days is?

goldylight

***** Vampire
Awards
  • Established
what do you mean by overlapping, and what do you think the benifit is of splitting your upper body into pushing and pulling days is?
Less chance of overtraining - better recovery.

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
yeah this is an awesome routine. I used it religiously for a few weeks but ammended it a little to better fit my body.

Power Nutrition

Here is a pdf file of the entire Max-OT program if anyone is interested. This way you can have it on your computer and not have to go through those individual pages on the website.

wolvie

Awards
Does anybody has the MAX-OT program in pdf format ?