Max Ot Training!

1. Registered User
    Answers

Max Ot Training!

Ive been doing this program for the past 6 weeks and have been making some of the biggest gains as far as strenght and muscle gains that ive seen in quite a long time! Give it a shot and see what happens!

http://ast-ss.com/max-ot/welcome.asp

if it asks for a username/password then put this in:

Username: Blindfaith

Password: dave

2. Registered User
    Answers

Thanks bro, im more than likely gonna give it a try
  3. Registered User
    Answers

I tried this program....its good....I got good gains while on it...its geared more for beginners....but, hey the simple stuff always works.

LG.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Answers

I would'nt exactly go as far as calling this program a beginners program...the body for life program is for beginners.

Ive been lifting for 7 years and i find this program very challanging...and most of all im getting great results from it...something a beginners program would not do!

cheers
  5. Registered User
    Answers

Thanks for sharing!

I'm currently in my off season and I was just getting ready to start my heavy lifting schedule to get ready for the 2003 season. This is something I'm looking forward to. Hopefully, I'll see the good gains in strength and muscle that you have.

I'll be starting this program on Monday.

Once again, thanks Blindfaith.
  6. Registered User
    Answers

good luck brotha! keep us posted on your gains and progress
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  219 lbs.
    Answers

Max-ot is a very good routine. Its not a begginer routine at all.
  8. Registered User
    Answers

I will also be starting on monday !
  9. Registered User
    Answers

Originally posted by Blindfaith
    good luck brotha! keep us posted on your gains and progress

I certainly will.
  10. Registered User
    Answers

This program is far, far cry from a Beginner's program. If one is applying the principles of Max-OT training, and specifically training with the intensity and overload necessary and suggested, then one is quite advanced in their training. Of course the lifts and the resounding principles sound basic...but guess what? That's exactly what builds MAXIMUM muscle and strength. It's not supersets, giant sets, drop sets, 15-rep sets, 30 sets per bodypart, foo-foo isolation exercises, etc. The latter may build some muscle, but I know I'm not about wasting my time on building some muscle. I guarantee that applying these principles, one will encounter some of the greatest muscle and strength gains. Now, some tweaking may be in order with bodypart frequency and pairing, training frequency, training volume and slightly with rep schemes (for example, I find that I train better with 8RM loads than 4 or 6RM...but I wouldn't suggest higher than 8), but that's part of the process anyhow. I would like to hear more on others experiences with this vehicle of building a bigger, better and stronger body.
  11. Registered User
    Answers

Is this program adviseable on a ph cycle, with it's lack of volume?
  12. Registered User
    Answers

As Timbo said, some tinkering may be in order with regards to bodypart frequency, training frequency, what have you, so I'd think a slightly modified version would be the way to go if you are working with the benefits of PH and are able to repair faster. Never done it myself, though I am a big believer in instinctive training. If you be feelin less stress cause you be pumpin hormones, increase the loads ya know? Volume training works so well for so many users though, I'd probably try that first
  13. Registered User
    Answers

Max OT while doing PHs?

I have been looking at the Max OT workout program, but I'm just about to start a cycle of ONE and am thinking that while on that I want to work each muscle group more than once a week. I'm thinking that the 1-test will allow for faster recovery and so I'm thinkin' that I'd not be getting the most of it if I was doing Max OT while on the cycle. Anybody have any opinions as to whether that makes sense or not?
  14. The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
    Stats
    5'7"  191 lbs.
    Answers

BF man hows this going for you? You still doing it? I think I might start this. Looks good

h19
  15. Doctor Science
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

yeah thanks bro for sharing the username/pass thats cool as hell.. im gonna read up on it in a lil bit
  16. -Dalla Hunga-
    Answers

I LOVE Max OT training. It works awesome. Ive put on more strength with this than any other routine. Of course, if you use it all the time, youll stagnate. Usually, we'll have our regular higher-volume routines that we'll make great gains with, and as soon as I can feel a plateau comming we switch to maxOT. I dont think Ive ever hit a 'real' plateu doing things this way...

As for while on cycle, Ive incorporated some of the MaxOT stuff...our first exercise is a compound power movement, done MaxOT style but with 6 sets instead of 3. (plus the 3 warm up) The rest of the routine is balls to the wall intensity, 90 seconds between sets,etc. Been working great so far Ive gained 10lbs, 10 days into T1.

BigVrunga
  17. The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
    Stats
    5'7"  191 lbs.
    Answers

damn... 10lbs in 10 days.....isn't that some kind of record. I am going to incorporate some of the max ot style lifting into my current workout. I will have to adjust it according to my schedule, but I am looking forward to tomorrow...today was my off day...lol

h19
  18. -Dalla Hunga-
    Answers

MaxOT helped me get my bench from 195 to 225 last year in about 4 weeks, and helped me get my dumbell shoulder presses from 60's to 70's in about 3 weeks about 6 months ago.

I like to use it to get the poundages up, and the switch to a 10,8,6,4 or 10,8,6,6 style routine with the newly aquired heavy weight. I think the higher rep/more intense routines definately help with the whole hypertrophy issue, and help build more quality muscle. Of course, if you're not going heavy, you're just wasting time, and MaxOT definately helps you get there. The cycling of the routines also keeps your body guessing!

BigVrunga
  19. Registered User
    Answers

What kinda results did you fellas who started the routine after blindfaith see? Dr. Golf? Txwakeskater?
  20. Registered User
    Answers

Hey Guys, I read up on it and employ some of its techniques as most would, but here is my main question:

It doesn't address the difference in training fast vs slow twich muscle fibers,

ie: i train quads, hams, back, calves with higher rep ranges, quads 20-30 reps per set; with chest/shoulders...5-8 per set

what do you guys think???
  21. -Dalla Hunga-
    Answers

Legs definately do need more volume - but they also need heavy ass weight. I mean, if you're a freak and can squat 315 for 30, then by all means keep doing it...
    I train with a weight I can get for 10 reps, and then work it up to sets of 15 reps, then increase the weight.

BigVrunga
  22. Registered User
    Answers

While ON definitely add more volume , but if you aren't on a cycle by no means I think you should add more volume into your legs workouts, specially compound exercises such as SQUAT as long as you hit them hard, by hard i mean in the 4-8 rep range, better to avoid overtraining than setting yourself back and possibly injury yourself.
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Answers

Wow I remember using this program about 3 years ago, it's a great program, and nothing close to "beginner" I've even gone as far as to create some routines for clients using tidbits of the Max-OT principals and routines. Anyone trying it keep us posted on results. Btw, this is my first post here on these boards. It was recommended by a guy I work with. I look forward to sharing knowledge, as well as aquiring some too
  24. Registered User
    Answers

Originally posted by SUPAJAwS1
    What kinda results did you fellas who started the routine after blindfaith see? Dr. Golf? Txwakeskater?

Sorry for the late reply, I've been on the road.

As for results, I had to discontinue the program after 2 months due to my golf schedule, but I did see some good results during that brief time. I WILL definitely be going back on the Max OT routine when I finish for the season, sometime around the end of October or early November.
  25. Registered User
    Answers

i used a very similar routine last summer, it sure works. most people overtrain anyway, so this is why they usually see gains on such a program.

as for squatting, i haven't done more than 10 reps per set since last year (usually less than 7 except for GVT). when i haven't been on the dl it works wonders for me.

cheers, pete
  26. ***** Vampire
    Answers

How many people take the week off every 8 weeks?
  27. Registered User
    Answers

Sorry to bring up a old thread, but thought it to be a better idea than creating a new one. Anyways, I have recently started Max-OT, and have reached week 3 (first routine change), and I am noticing that there are NO oblique lifts (are these really needed?), and that this routine is seriously lacking in the deadlift department (oh sure there are SLDL, but I need REAL DL's!). And I looked ahead and the routine, and it goes to the 3 workouts a week (with more volume), and then the 3on 1 off routine. Well, with me being a meso-endo, I try to stray from only 3 workouts a week, and I really am new to the 3on 1off routine, and have had no experience with it.

I guess my question is, should I use the Max-OT principles (the overloading, and intensity), and create my own routine (complete with swapping of days, and lift changes) or should I just continue for the 12 weeks and see how my results go. I am not one for wasting 12 weeks of training, so I would like some opinions on some of the lacking points of Max-OT, as I am sure you all know more about training than me (a troubled teen trying to act like abodybuilder ). Also, did everyone who has attempted it take the week off every 4 weeks?
  28. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by boffo234
    Sorry to bring up a old thread, but thought it to be a better idea than creating a new one. Anyways, I have recently started Max-OT, and have reached week 3 (first routine change), and I am noticing that there are NO oblique lifts (are these really needed?), and that this routine is seriously lacking in the deadlift department (oh sure there are SLDL, but I need REAL DL's!). And I looked ahead and the routine, and it goes to the 3 workouts a week (with more volume), and then the 3on 1 off routine. Well, with me being a meso-endo, I try to stray from only 3 workouts a week, and I really am new to the 3on 1off routine, and have had no experience with it.

I guess my question is, should I use the Max-OT principles (the overloading, and intensity), and create my own routine (complete with swapping of days, and lift changes) or should I just continue for the 12 weeks and see how my results go. I am not one for wasting 12 weeks of training, so I would like some opinions on some of the lacking points of Max-OT, as I am sure you all know more about training than me (a troubled teen trying to act like abodybuilder ). Also, did everyone who has attempted it take the week off every 4 weeks?
    I think you should go through and read the program again. If I where you I would stick to the 5 on 2 off scheme and I would also take the week off that is reconmended for after week 8-10. The max-ot course outlined on ast's web site is just a crash course for max-ot. Once you get through it and read through more and more of there web site you will be able to put your own workouts together following thier guidelines. If you stray from some aspects of there training it's on you but I would stick close to the basics they built the system on. Heavy weight low reps and high intensity and using compound movements. For me this is the only way to train, evrything else feels like a waste of time. You will put on strength and size quickly using max-ot. Remember there is no wrong way to build muscle, just a better way... and max-ot is that way.

I'm not sure how old this post is but I've just come across this thread, so here is my responce. If you have any more questions I know max-ot in and out, also the crew over at ast will gladly answer any question you may have, as long as it has merit.
  29. Registered User
    Answers

Damn they changed it. Now you have to put in an email address and password .
    Answers

Some of the Max-OT routines are set up very well and should be productive.....others simply suck. Choose wisely. Some are well thought out and are structured in a way that joe average can profit from. Others simply have way too much overlap in their structure.

Iron Addict
  31. Banned
    Answers

i definetely agree that this is a very effective program but i also agree that it has a lot of overlapping, especially arms and shoulders. i would recommend using the max-ot principles but dividing your upper body workouts into pushing and pulling days.
  32. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hogiejoe
    i definetely agree that this is a very effective program but i also agree that it has a lot of overlapping, especially arms and shoulders. i would recommend using the max-ot principles but dividing your upper body workouts into pushing and pulling days.
    what do you mean by overlapping, and what do you think the benifit is of splitting your upper body into pushing and pulling days is?
  33. ***** Vampire
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hulkster
    what do you mean by overlapping, and what do you think the benifit is of splitting your upper body into pushing and pulling days is?
    Less chance of overtraining - better recovery.
  34. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Answers

yeah this is an awesome routine. I used it religiously for a few weeks but ammended it a little to better fit my body.
  35. Registered User
    Answers

Here is a pdf file of the entire Max-OT program if anyone is interested. This way you can have it on your computer and not have to go through those individual pages on the website.
  36. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  140 lbs.
    Answers

Does anybody has the MAX-OT program in pdf format ?
  37. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by wolvie
    Does anybody has the MAX-OT program in pdf format ?
    http://www.freedomfly.net/Documents/MAX-OT.pdf
  38. Board Supporter
    Answers

awesome, great link!
  39. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  140 lbs.
    Answers

Thanks 5111.
    Now I am good to go .
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Max OT training
    By superfreak in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-19-2010, 11:09 AM
  2. Max- OT- beginner training program?
    By GOG in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-06-2006, 09:28 AM
  3. What is Bobo's opinion of Max-OT Training?
    By Hellhound in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-09-2004, 08:56 PM
  4. Max-ot
    By hulkster in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-03-2004, 12:39 AM
  5. max-ot or hst?? Hypertrophy Specific Training
    By poseidon in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-16-2003, 12:23 AM