Sore as a MoFo

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
There are times in the year that i have to take a week or so "off" and away from the gym. When i get back into my routine I'm really F-ing sore for the 1st week. My question is this: Is there anything that you know of that works for you to alleviate this soreness, now i know that some soreness is going to occur, but DAHM this gets to the point of when I'm getting out of bed, and just generally moving around doing "life stuff" that I'm uncomfortable. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not that BIG of a P***y that i can't handle it, but if there's something that i can do to ease the feeling of stiffness and soreness then by all means I'm going to do it. This thread might belong in the supplement section, but i thought this was more of an exercise science thing.......

smoundzou

smoundzou

Awards
You might want to check with your doc beforehand but I noramally take 1 or 2, 200 mg Ibuprofen on workout days at bedtime. With IB being an Anti-Inflammatory, It does seem to help with the soreness and I've also read it helps speed up the healing process.

MasterFlexx

MasterFlexx

Awards
I'm pretty sure the soreness is from the buildup of acids in your muscles from the workout and of course from damaging the muscle itself. What always helps me when I come back from taking a week off is massaging the muscles and taking atleast 2 hot showers a day to get the blood flowing through the muscles to carry out the toxins. If you have a massage school around you and can afford it I suggest going there. Its usually around $20 for a full hour and that really gets the blood flowing.GL hope this helps

The Batman

The Batman

Awards
BCAA and a foam roller can do wonders for soreness.