Everything & Anything DC!!!!!!!!!! - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 3

Everything & Anything DC!!!!!!!!!!

Page 3 of 9 First 123458 ... Last
  1. New Member

yessir... good post... i have since decreased my reps on my warm ups in a similar fashion, PRs like crazy lately

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  230 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by dawaro View Post
    As it has been mentioned Dante is pretty vague on the warm up issue. While I am not advocating that one is better than the other I am currently using the Max-OT program and it goes over the warm up issue a little more in depth.
    This is a direct quote from their program:
    Here we are going to take the Bench Press and show you a proper warm-up technique that will allow you to lift more weight on your heavy sets. Remember, more weight - more overload - more muscle.

Again well use 275 as your heavy weight. If you typically warm-up and train like I pointed out earlier the 275 will feel a lot lighter this time.
    •First Set:
    135 x 12 reps (warm-up)
    These should be good smooth reps. Not too slow and not to fast. Your main goal is to increase blood flow and get the feel of the movement and the weight. After this first set you should rest about 2 minutes.
    •Second Set:
    135 x 10 reps (warm-up)
    Same weight as before. Rhythm should be a little faster this time. Not much faster. Rest about 2 minutes.
    •Third Set:
    185 x 6 reps (warm-up)
    This should be a deliberate set done at a moderate pace. This is the next step in weight acclimation. It should feel light and 4 reps should be very easy. Rest about 2 to 3 minutes before the next set.
    •Fourth Set:
    225 x 3 reps (weight acclimation)
    You should follow the same rhythm as in the last set. 3 strong reps. Rest 2 minutes before next set.
    •Fifth Set:
    255 x 1 rep (weight acclimation)
    That's right, just 1 rep. The purpose here is weight acclimation. This should be a strong, powerful and deliberate rep.
    •Sixth, Seventh, and Eighth Sets:
    285 x 4 to 6 reps (muscle-building)
    These are the muscle building sets. Very important. These are the only sets that produce muscle growth. All the sets leading up to these heavy sets are merely warm-up sets and are treated as just that and nothing more.
    Notice we went to 285 instead of 275. Warming up the Max-OT allows you to use heavier weight during the most important muscle building sets.

I use this to warm up on the first exercise for each muscle group and it works as described. I would think because both programs share the fundemental key of intensity that it would also work for DC Training. If nothing else try it a couple of times, if it doesnt work for you no big loss...
    is Max-OT an DC variation or their own program? I was doing something similar, where my last warmup is a heavy set so that the sudden weight of the workout set wouldn't be a surprise, but go higher on the reps, maybe i'll drop the reps on that last warmup and see if it makes a difference. to use the incline bench as an example i do

135x12
    165x10
    195x8
    225x6-8
    265x8/3/1 (the latest)

(i do 4 warmpus on purpose as the chest exercise is the first one and I have just walked into the gym, the rest of the movements get 3 warmups doing a similar weight spread and reps) today is flat bench, I will see if dropping to 2/3 reps on the last warmup make a difference... thanks for sharing
  3. New Member

Max-OT and DC share similar principles but aren't the same...
    max-ot is all straight sets of 4-6 reps for the most part.
    very low volume and all training is done to failure.
    decent program for strength i suppose but i believe the muscle grows with 8-12 reps
    •   

4. Senior Member

Arrow

Here is the original "Cycle for Pennies" thread where DC first appeared and introduced his ideas...on steroid usage as well as training...it ran from 2002 to 2005. It is almost 700 pages in length. Needless to say there is a huge amount of info. in this thread.

Of course it has since been erased...

Here it is in rich text format in the following zip file:

Cycles_for_Pennies.zip

DC quote from page 85:

No kidding. If I had only had this info when I was 21-24 years old (1992-1995).

There was practically NOBODY who could bang harder than me in my gym (intensity wise) but I was held back by lack of finances to afford even modest amounts of anabolics.There were plenty of BB's who were built better and powerlifters that were insanely strong but I just loved it like some kind of mental illness-lol.

I was able to reverse grip 315x6 on the smith machine (for 9 reps rest pause) with a six-seven second negative, squat 405x15, sumbell shoulder press 105x6-8 (sets), and did 620 on the deadlift for a single and could do 500x10. All with NO ****ING DRUGS.

I trained every other day and took two days off before starting the split again. This was at 6'2 245lbs or so. At the same time I could (and still can only) curl 60-65 dumbells for bicep curls. All I could do was eat,train like I wanted to die on the gym floor,eat some more, and rest/study.

All of the exotic things like Primo,Masteron, Oral Turinabol, winstrol, and anavar aren't building monsters. If test/tren/dbol/eq wont do it then nothing will. I would like to add that anavar is an exception to the list b/c it does have amazing effects on the body but you need to get over the 50mg/day doseage range for men to do this and thats ALOT of money that isn't worth it.

My point is that kids now have it too easy. They think since they go to the gym that muscle is OWED to them b/c they sweat or worked out "reasonably hard" and the drugs are supposed to do the work for you.

Sorry but its not like that. For me, the way I have always seen it (especially when I was younger and didnt have the injuries) drugs were going to be boost to get me over the top. They were going to be thing that would let me go into the gym and almost wage war, to be able to do those forced reps/rest pause/strip sets,ect. and not have it be catabolic. It was going to make all of my hard work stick.

For the record I never wanted to be one of those people talking about the younger guys not having the respect but alot of times they don't. They want to look good to go to some nightclub like SoundFactory in NewYorkCity or somewhere like that. Sure thats a bonus but they dont truly enjoy the journey.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.

While DC training and Max-OT both share the same intensity/over load principal they are very different in their approaches. Max-OT is a program developed by by AST supplements. It revolves around the idea of doing weight that you can lift at least 4 reps but no more than 6 reps, (except calves, abs, forearms). 6-9 sets per muscle group.
    Like all programs people will respond differently to it but I have had very nice gains in both size & strength. After I run this for a while, probably 6 months, I plan on giving the DC Training a run to compare the two.
    The program is available on their website but the navigation on it sucks. I have it in a .pdf format if you would like to look at it send me a pm with your e-mail and I will shoot it over to you.
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  230 lbs.

dawaro, mfbb, thanks for the info on max-ot. I have been doing DC for almost 8months and still keep making gains, so I am going to stick with it for a while; if strength keeps being my focus I might try westside for while, the wife has pretty much layed down the law of getting bigger, at 5'7 120lbs she looks very petite next to my 5'8 238lbs...

on the warmups side of the equation, i dropped 2-3 reps from my last warmup and was able to crank 2 extra reps beyond what I expected on all my movements yesterday; always something to learn, thanks for pointing me in a better direction.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by rxp1997 View Post
    dawaro, mfbb, thanks for the info on max-ot. I have been doing DC for almost 8months and still keep making gains,
    Can you share you work out schedule? As I mentioned before I am very curious about DC. I would like to see what others have laid out for their sets.
    on the warmups side of the equation, i dropped 2-3 reps from my last warmup and was able to crank 2 extra reps beyond what I expected on all my movements yesterday; always something to learn, thanks for pointing me in a better direction.
    Glad to hear it worked for you.
  8. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  230 lbs.

[QUOTE=dawaro;1088199]Can you share you work out schedule? As I mentioned before I am very curious about DC. I would like to see what others have laid out for their sets.
    QUOTE]

this is my current workout, 3 times a week. personally i move up in weights when my three worksets amount to mid to high in the rep range.

1a:
    incline BB 11-15RP
    Hammer press 11-15 RP
    skull crushers 15-30 RP
    pull downs to front 11-20 RP
    rack deadlift 10-12 SS, 6-8 SS

1b:
    BB curls 15-20 RP
    hammer curls 12-20 SS
    calves on a leg press 12 SS
    lying leg curl 20-30 RP
    squats 4-8 SS, 20 SS

2a:
    flat DB press 11-15RP
    Smith presses, back of head 11-15 RP
    dips 15-20 RP
    assisted pullups 15-20 RP
    CableRows 12SS

2b:
    alternate DB curls 15-20 RP
    pinwheel curls 10-12 SS
    seating calf raises 12SS
    Romanian deadlift 6SS
    leg press 4-8 SS, 20 SS

3a:
    chest dips 11-15RP
    Smith presses to front 11-15 RP
    Smith reverse grip bench 11-15RP
    pull downs, back of head 11-20 RP
    BentOver Rows 12SS

3b:
    BB preacher curls 11-15 RP
    reverse grip 1-arm cable curls 12-20 SS
    standing calf raises 12 SS
    sumo presses 12-20 SS
    hack squat 4-8 SS, 20 SS

I have attached an excel sheet I created when i first started DC, hopefully it helps with exercise selection.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.

Thanks for the info rxp. I do have a question though. Are the "SS" sets supersets or single sets? If the are supersets are they stacked with the previous exercise?
    On another note I am compiling a good list of articles that I am finding here and there on the net on DC Training. If anyone is interested in them send me a PM and I will pass them along. Some of it is redundant but it but hey it's free.
  10. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by dawaro View Post
    Thanks for the info rxp. I do have a question though. Are the "SS" sets supersets or single sets? If the are supersets are they stacked with the previous exercise?
    On another note I am compiling a good list of articles that I am finding here and there on the net on DC Training. If anyone is interested in them send me a PM and I will pass them along. Some of it is redundant but it but hey it's free.
    straight set or single set
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.

I may be able to give a very accurate opinion on DC Training come March as I am currently in discussions with Dante & Doug about doing 2 months of training with their "online" supervision. We are still discussing details but at this time it look very possible. I will keep you posted...
  12. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  230 lbs.

that would be so awesome.... would love to hear what that's like, thanks
  13. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.

that would be so awesome.... would love to hear what that's like, thanks
    It may still happen but a review wont happen until April or May. Due to the cost, just let me say DC aint cheap, I am more than likely going to put it off until after the first of the year. With kids and xmas the expense is a little hard to justify. Additionally with all the holidays and their time requirements I do not know if I can devote a true 100% to the training.
    I will keep the thread posted...
  14. Board Sponsor

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Bump for DC'erzzzz
  15. Banned

I had no idea this damn thread was here!I've been "living"off subscribed threads for a while now.I have been dc'ing for almost two weeks now.WO's will repeat themselves next Mon.I absolutely love it!!!I started it with havoc,I have a log in the cycle info section"Pantera's vulgar display of power!!!"I will start posting weights and reps on MON to show increases from the havoc(hopefully)
  16. Banned

thnx pp. are there other approved shoulder exercises? I remember there wasn't anything for the rear delts
    Their are no approved exercises.Anything goes.Just remember safety first,and heavy lifts are better than lighter lifts.
  17. Banned

I also wanted to say thanks for posting this PP!I don't know why I didn't think about it!Intense muscle.com is the best site to learn DC.Only thing is it's about dead over there!
  18. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by pantera101 View Post
    I also wanted to say thanks for posting this PP!I don't know why I didn't think about it!Intense muscle.com is the best site to learn DC.Only thing is it's about dead over there!
    Im glad you are finding it useful. There were so many questions at the time and alot of guys were doing DC so i wanted to consolidate it in one thread but i guess it got lost. Ive been thinking of going DC again, its a good strength program and itll get you past a few stagnant times imo. Repped. Kick ass guys and lets get this thread going again!
  19. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    Im glad you are finding it useful. There were so many questions at the time and alot of guys were doing DC so i wanted to consolidate it in one thread but i guess it got lost. Ive been thinking of going DC again, its a good strength program and itll get you past a few stagnant times imo. Repped. Kick ass guys and lets get this thread going again!
    I have always thought about powerlifting for a while to help out with strength.I have done the whole bb'ing with low reps all out,or here and there,but IDK....DC is great IMO for a power bodybuilding program as they call it.I have had this urge to be one of the stronger guys lately.I don't feel weak for my size at all,far from it actually.But I don't feel strong for my size either.I want that.I'm tired of the bigger,but out of shape guys out lifting me........
  20. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I don't have anything to add but I will be doing DC sometime in early august. And plan on using it thru my bulk. Should be extremely interesting. I dont know if i'll log it but I'll be sure to post before and after EVERYTHING for you guys. Thanks again Piston!
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  21. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

DW, good **** man. Hey send me some free **** haha.
  22. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    I don't have anything to add but I will be doing DC sometime in early august. And plan on using it thru my bulk. Should be extremely interesting. I dont know if i'll log it but I'll be sure to post before and after EVERYTHING for you guys. Thanks again Piston!
    DW, good **** man. Hey, send me some free ****...haha
  23. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    DW, good **** man. Hey, send me some free ****...haha
    just buy me a plane ticket out to your place and I'll bring a bunch of LG shizzle for ya hahaha
  24. Board Sponsor

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Just throwing this out there but what exactly is Dante's cardio recommendations? I've seen morning fasted 45 min incline walking, then I've seen the suggestion of HIIT? Which is it? Still reading...
  25. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.

I believe cardio is done 0-2 times a week off season and virtually everyday when cutting.

Low impact @ 45 min of walking.

And use some type of thermogenic fat burner+usnic acid (I wouldn't recommend the usnic acid).

There's not much in terms of diet/cardio with doggcrapp.

It's like a taboo thing to talk about or something.
  26. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Royd The Noyd View Post
    Just throwing this out there but what exactly is Dante's cardio recommendations? I've seen morning fasted 45 min incline walking, then I've seen the suggestion of HIIT? Which is it? Still reading...
    Usually to do it on off days,but it doesn't matter.Cardio and abs are up to you from what I have read...
  27. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.

Royd.

what is your avatar supposed to be ?
  28. Board Sponsor

It seemed suspicious looking to me so I liked it. No other reason lol

Yeah I can handle the diet part, just wasnt sure on cardio. I can actually cut quite well without cardio....its just that I would hate only being in the gym 3x/week. WTF do you do all week with all the extra free time!
  29. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Yea the diet part kinda gets me to. I guess it does have rules. Eat 2x's your BW in protein and eat that first in every meal then EFA's then fill up on carbs if need be.

Dont eat carbs after 6pm, only green veggies.

Seems simple to me

but yea he doesn't like to talk about, could be because this is "his" thing and people pay big bucks to do this and it suppose to be private.
  30. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by pantera101 View Post
    I have always thought about powerlifting for a while to help out with strength.I have done the whole bb'ing with low reps all out,or here and there,but IDK....DC is great IMO for a power bodybuilding program as they call it.I have had this urge to be one of the stronger guys lately.I don't feel weak for my size at all,far from it actually.But I don't feel strong for my size either.I want that.I'm tired of the bigger,but out of shape guys out lifting me........
    damn bro, i have felt the EXACT same way for the past few months! weird...time to ****IN CHANGE THAT!!!!
  31. Senior Member

Yeah I can handle the diet part, just wasnt sure on cardio. I can actually cut quite well without cardio....its just that I would hate only being in the gym 3x/week. WTF do you do all week with all the extra free time!
    ****kkkkk :chick:
  32. Board Sponsor

Btw anyone do DC without a spotter? My new gym is nice, but sometimes I am literally the only person in there, and they dont have HS equipment.
  33. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Btw anyone do DC without a spotter? My new gym is nice, but sometimes I am literally the only person in there, and they dont have HS equipment.
    Yea I did a couple DC workouts last winter. I would just use DB's or the smith machine. I kinda got to know when there was no one there to work around what exercises.
  34. Senior Member

I NEVER use a spotter bro. UNFORTUNATELY without one, the smythe machine will be your best friend, but whatever. It's not like you won't grow from using it. I am just not a fan of it restricting your natural range of motion. Stay tuned to my log as you will see what exercises work well with no spotter just like DW said: smythe machine and DB's man.
  35. Banned

Bass's reply is the best......but eat man!EAT!!!!!Do cardio tues and thur if you want.DC may make you happy to have days off after a while...Two weeks did it to me....
  36. Banned

I hate the smith machine!Absolutley hate it!!!!And everyone else loves it.So what I'm getting at is I'd have to wait for it.I know guys who walk straight to the SM,and perform half,if not their whole wo on it.They go from that to cablesAnyways I use mostly db's due to DC now.Now for legs I do back sq's,front sq's,and leg press.I'm sorry but I'm not doing legs on machines everytime!I'm proud of my legs and they didn't get there from ****ing self suported,balanced machines!!!!So I don't end on negatives cause I can't.I don't on the leg press either,just way too awkward I'd imagine.For the static hold I grab a pair of 50lb db's to do it.

Like bass says though,you will grow from the SM.But what I hate about it,besides taking away your natural ROM,is all you have to do is push.Theirs no balancing which is exactly what makes free weights more affective than machines.
  37. Board Sponsor

I was reading the cycles for pennies doc (longggggg), but I noticed the following gem. I was always thinking the stretches given are not really flexible for change, however that doesnt look to be true:

Yikeso you cycle/change up your stretches for each muscle .. oer do yuo always do the same stretch for each muscle? I'm throwing in a little variety and it it seems to help.

Doggcrapp: hey yikes i overlooked this question a couple weeks ago and I went back and saw it today sorry bout that....I think out new stretches all the time and I'll try them out--I absolutely hate stretching my hamstrings so I try different ones for the hams all the time.
  38. Senior Member

I was reading the cycles for pennies doc (longggggg), but I noticed the following gem. I was always thinking the stretches given are not really flexible for change, however that doesnt look to be true:
    yea bro, i will be doing the same thing. IMO if the stretch is painful and extreme, then it'll work, lol. just be creative.
  39. Banned

Most DC stuff isn't written in stone...
  40. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.

The biggest thing for me doing DC is recovery. Since I've been in grad school going only 3x a week is ok for me. However, my recovery time is very long. After doing chest, I just want to lie on the floor of the gym and not move.

When you start getting really high in weight is when your CNS gets to the point of nearly being trashed.

DC training benefits more natural bodybuilders, IMO since forces muscle growth.

The whole high volume thing is really stale esp as a natural.

When you are on steroids, any training program works.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-18-2009, 08:57 PM
  2. Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Creatine
    By Sheesh in forum Supplements
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 02-02-2006, 10:28 PM
  3. Everything You Need To Know About CLEN!
    By Blindfaith in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-13-2003, 11:08 AM
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-04-2003, 06:03 PM
  5. Keto EVERYTHING Recipes, Products, etc...
    By WYD02 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-09-2003, 11:12 AM