Everything & Anything DC!!!!!!!!!!

Page 3 of 13 First 12345 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by beebab View Post
    you might want to alternate full deadlifts with rack deadlifts. the whole concept behind this lil switcharoo is that by working in rack deadlifts you train your body to handle higher sums of weight, so that you can ultimately enhance your performance on the full deads.

btw, what are widowmaker squats? i've heard this word used a lot but i don't know what it means
    thanks for your thoughts

widowmaker squats are 20reps. thats my full understanding of them.

i started out only being able to do 135x13 doing many single reps before giving up.

last time i got 185x17. so im making good progress

some advise to do them on smith machine which helps do high reps cuz my back givesout before my legs do

2. At the end of the manual is the diet:

http://download.yousendit.com/F38B53985835A3DA

Much Love,

NEoborn
    •   

3. These are the recommended ham lifts:

Hamstrings:
    lying leg curls (15-30rp)
    seated leg curls (15-30rp)
    sumo press leg press (pressing with heels only- straight set of 15-25 reps)

Thats a bit weird to me b/c everything I have ever read states that lower reps are stimulate more growth in hamstrings.

Also on the rp sets, are you working 11-15 reps in 3 sets always? Or can you do say 2 sets, or 4 sets?

4. as far as the high rep range....it is a safety thing, DC doesn't want you using super heavy weight for very isolated exercises. save the heavy ham work for stiff legs
    same applies for skullcrushers...it can be very bad on the elbows/wrists doing 1-3 rep skulls 20 seconds after ur previous set
    DC is a smart trainer to say the least

also the rest pause sets are supposed to be in 3 mini sets...ive never heard of it any other way

5. Thanks mfbb.

So you can seriously only lift 3 times/week with this? egh

Or has anyone tried the advanced DC training:

monday=chest shoulders triceps
    tuesday=biceps forearms backwidth backthickness
    thursday=calves hams quads
    friday-repeat of mondays bodyparts
    monday-repeate of tuesdays bodyparts
    tuesday-repeat of thursdays bodyparts
    •   

6. where did you get that from travis? I plan on doing my own splits and a few customized variations to DC. The trained guys from DC say you arent doing DC unless Dante trains you so the hell with it i plan on taking alot of the principles and throwing in my own style. For instance if i took your advance split you posted...You have less bodyparts so you could maybe go back to a different chest exercise after you finish with tris and do one set high reps to finish then back to shoulders then same with tris....as long as it wasnt too taxing.

7. honestly I did the DC 2 way/3 day per week split and it kicked the **** out of me. my CNS was toast in abt 6 wks. I'm not a noob either ( 5'8 220 fairly lean). i really was considering doing the push/pull/legs split as mentioned above, but I'm kind of straying away from DC as i personally find the stretches and the heavy rest-pause sets quite dangerous. i don't like the idea of doin 1-2 rep maxes on hammer machines after only resting 20 seconds btwn my last set.
    it is a very sound program, i just feel it's way too easy to get hurt on. (however i could've just been overtrained, i may try it again)

8. Quote Originally Posted by mfbb View Post
    honestly I did the DC 2 way/3 day per week split and it kicked the **** out of me. my CNS was toast in abt 6 wks. I'm not a noob either ( 5'8 220 fairly lean). i really was considering doing the push/pull/legs split as mentioned above, but I'm kind of straying away from DC as i personally find the stretches and the heavy rest-pause sets quite dangerous. i don't like the idea of doin 1-2 rep maxes on hammer machines after only resting 20 seconds btwn my last set.
    it is a very sound program, i just feel it's way too easy to get hurt on. (however i could've just been overtrained, i may try it again)
    yeah man you may be able to only do it one month than do a one or two week cruise. It depends on how your cns feels

I took a two week break after a month of it. and Ive been training non-Dc about two months before that so this is my first real starting point for Dc, with a break.
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative
    Mind and Muscle Code AM10
    Classic Physique competitor, Facebook- Great Physique Fitness, Online coaching

9. Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    where did you get that from travis? I plan on doing my own splits and a few customized variations to DC. The trained guys from DC say you arent doing DC unless Dante trains you so the hell with it i plan on taking alot of the principles and throwing in my own style. For instance if i took your advance split you posted...You have less bodyparts so you could maybe go back to a different chest exercise after you finish with tris and do one set high reps to finish then back to shoulders then same with tris....as long as it wasnt too taxing.
    There was a noob article I got it from on intensemuscle. I dont know about DC....maybe someday I will try it. I just like going to the gym too much and lifting 3 days doesnt sound appealing to me.

10. Posted this in trip's log but its the DC shoulder thing with some funny muscletech in there...

11. Thats not a Dc stretch exercise.

12. actually that is the exercise DC recommended for addressing shoulder issues/problems, even though i doubt most of us can take it to that extreme, or credit dat dere CellTech...

How to cure shoulder problems (Trust me this will do it 90% of the time) - IntenseMuscle.com

13. Quote Originally Posted by rxp1997 View Post
    actually that is the exercise DC recommended for addressing shoulder issues/problems, even though i doubt most of us can take it to that extreme, or credit dat dere CellTech...

How to cure shoulder problems (Trust me this will do it 90% of the time) - IntenseMuscle.com
    Thanks RX, yeah I definitely cannot put my hands that close and go that far behind me. I am trying to incorporate this as I seem to have a left shoulder issue.

14. Here's a list of DC exercises I've accumulated. Seems to match what I've read over the months ("rp" = Rest, Pause):

CHEST
    incline smythe (11-15 rp)
    decline smythe (11-15 rp)
    hammer strength press (incline and decline) (11-15 rp)
    other good machine press
    incline barbell (11-15 rp)
    decline barbell (11-15 rp)
    incline dumbbell press (15-20 rp)
    flat dumbbell press (15-20 rp)
    decline dumbbell press (15-20 rp)

SHOULDERS
    smythe presses to front (11-15 rp)
    smythe presses to back of head (11-15 rp)
    hammer strength press (11-15 rp)
    other good machine press
    barbell press to front (11-15 rp)
    barbell press to back of head (11-15 rp)
    dumbbell shoulder press (15-20 rp)

TRICEPS
    close grip bench in smythe (11-20 rp)
    reverse grip bench in smythe (11-20 rp)
    skull crushers (15-20 rp)
    dips (in upright position) (11-20 rp)

BACK WIDTH
    rack chins to front (11-20 rp)
    rack chins to back of head (11-20 rp)
    reverse grip rack chins (close grip) (11-20 rp)
    assisted pullups (11-15 rp)
    hammer strength "pulldown" machines (11-15 rp)
    other good "pulldown" machines
    pull downs to front (11-15 rp)
    pull downs to back of head (11-15 rp)

BACK THICKNESS
    deadlift (9-12 straight + 6-9 straight)
    rack deadlift (9-12 straight + 6-9 straight)
    T-bar rows (10-12 straight)
    smythe rows (9-12 straight + 6-9 straight)
    barbell rows (9-12 straight + 6-9 straight)

BICEPS
    barbell curls (11-20 rp)
    alternate dumbbell curls (11-20 rp)
    barbell preacher curls (11-20 rp)
    hammer strength machine curls (11-20 rp)
    other good machine curls
    cable curls (11-20 rp)
    incline db curls (11-20 rp)
    close grip ez-bar preacher curls (11-20 rp)
    standing medium grip ez-bar curls (11-20 rp)

FOREARMS
    hammer curls (alternated) (10-20 straight)
    pinwheel curls (alternated) (10-20 straight)
    reverse grip one arm cable curls (10-20 straight)

CALVES (Enhanced negative, up on big toe, 5s neg, 10-15s full stretch at bottom)
    calves on a leg press (10-12 straight)
    standing calf raises (10-12 straight)
    calves in hack squat (10-12 straight)
    seating calf raises (10-12 straight)
    any calf machine with a good range of motion

HAMSTRINGS
    seating leg curls (15-30 rp)
    standing leg curls (15-30 rp)
    lying leg curls (15-30 rp)
    stiff leg deadlift (15-30 rp)
    sumo presses (pressing w/heels only) (15-25 rp)

QUADS
    squats (6-10 straight, 3-5m rest, 20 straight)
    smythe squats (6-10 straight, 3-5m rest, 20 straight)
    hack squat (6-10 straight, 3-5m rest, 20 straight)
    leg press (6-10 straight, 3-5m rest, 20 straight)

15. Quote Originally Posted by t-bone2 View Post
    Here's a list of DC exercises I've accumulated. Seems to match what I've read over the months ("rp" = Rest, Pause):

CHEST
    incline smythe (11-15 rp)
    decline smythe (11-15 rp)
    hammer strength press (incline and decline) (11-15 rp)
    other good machine press
    incline barbell (11-15 rp)
    decline barbell (11-15 rp)
    incline dumbbell press (15-20 rp)
    flat dumbbell press (15-20 rp)
    decline dumbbell press (15-20 rp)
    Only thing I'd add to chest is Chest Dips, I like them better than decline barbell. But as compilations go, its a good one.

thanks.

16. warm up sets question...

if you log your warmups, i do... show me an example layout w/ weights including working set, on any given exercise. am i going too heavy on my warmups? im going enough to get the blood flowing, but im not repping to the point of fatigue, just stopping right before fatigue sets in... am i warming up properly or should my warmup sets have higher reps than this with lighter weight?

example: Pull Down Rear
    WU 100x10 140x10 160x8
    Working 180x 12rp(6-4-2)

17. Quote Originally Posted by BeastMode View Post
    warm up sets question...

if you log your warmups, i do... show me an example layout w/ weights including working set, on any given exercise. am i going too heavy on my warmups? im going enough to get the blood flowing, but im not repping to the point of fatigue, just stopping right before fatigue sets in... am i warming up properly or should my warmup sets have higher reps than this with lighter weight?

WU 100x10 140x10 160x8
    Working 180x 12rp(6-4-2)
    warmup is implied lol i wouldnt write WU

160x8 is a stupiid warmup. zapps to much out of you if your working set is 180 ya dig?

i am no pro but if this was me doing same weights i would do

50xbunch get warm, 100x10, 140x3, 160x2, 180 or higher x Max

18. Quote Originally Posted by BeastMode View Post
    warm up sets question...

WU 100x10 140x10 160x8
    Working 180x 12rp(6-4-2)
    dont know if there is a right or wrong answer here; if i remember correctly DC is pretty vague on how to warm up, leaving it up to you to determine what you think is good for you.

for example, for my first exercise (one of the chest movements) I always do 4 warmups, then three for everything else. I tend to do a rep range of 10/8-10/6-10, but for straight sets I use the rep range for the SS, either 4/6/8/12.

My suggestion is to play with it, the one rule I keep is that it should not be a struggle to warmup. If you still want some examples i can certainly post some of what i do.

19. Quote Originally Posted by rxp1997 View Post
    dont know if there is a right or wrong answer here; if i remember correctly DC is pretty vague on how to warm up, leaving it up to you to determine what you think is good for you.
    for sure, thats why i was a little confused on how to ramp up to the working set along with reps, i guess ill back down on the reps as nyc said

20. i tried decresing the reps on warm-ups today... huge difference in working set... thanks guys... PR's all over the board

21. Quote Originally Posted by BeastMode View Post
    i tried decresing the reps on warm-ups today... huge difference in working set... thanks guys... PR's all over the board
    NEWB... :P

22. awesome ! Ill implement this

23. Simply put the best way to add mass, since I do not have a spotter, the only thing I had to get used to was more of a reliance on machines for rest pausing.

24. Quote Originally Posted by SureShot View Post
    Simply put the best way to add mass, since I do not have a spotter, the only thing I had to get used to was more of a reliance on machines for rest pausing.
    why, why not use free weights? same thing imo...maybe a little bit more variations in excersises with machines but i dont see why it would be easier.

for the record my arms never grew as good as they did on DC.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Burnfire's trek into anything and everything
    By Burnfire in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 556
    Last Post: 07-04-2016, 05:59 PM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-18-2009, 09:57 PM
  3. Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Creatine
    By Sheesh in forum Supplements
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 02-02-2006, 11:28 PM
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-04-2003, 07:03 PM
  5. Keto EVERYTHING Recipes, Products, etc...
    By WYD02 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-09-2003, 12:12 PM