1. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.92%
    Achievements Posting Pro

PREWORKOUT....ever have this happen?

Yesterday, i was extremely busy and ended up staying at work till 9pm. I didnt have time to go home and eat a preworkout meal/shake, so i just went straight to the gym and worked out.

I had an extremely great workout.....didnt get tired....had great pumps, etc.

My question. I know pre-workout is important, but how important? Obviously you must get your postworkout drink in, but honestly, im not so sure that i really need a big preworkout drink, maybe somethign small...maybe nothing at all....

just shooting out an idea.

anyone else feel this way....??

PREWORKOUT

2. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.18%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I think the important thing is staying hydrated before and during, and having enough energy wich wasnt a problem for you, as long as you can top your previous workout then you did what was needed.
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.92%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ItsHectic View Post
    I think the important thing is staying hydrated before and during, and having enough energy wich wasnt a problem for you, as long as you can top your previous workout then you did what was needed.
    i agree with you totally. Honestly, how much catabolism can occur if one eats great throughout the day, with enough energy and strength to have a good workout, and as long as he/she finishes up with a nice postworkout meal.......i just cant see how DETRIMENTAL not eating a preworkout meal "90 min before working out" can be THAT bad.

just my opinion.
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.67%

If you train late in the evening it's most probable that you have consumed enough carbs in order to provide enough fuel for your workout/s.
    I think a pre workout drink is a luxury but is definatley not a requisite to a good workout, as you yourself have testified.
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.92%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by marso70 View Post
    If you train late in the evening it's most probable that you have consumed enough carbs in order to provide enough fuel for your workout/s.
    I think a pre workout drink is a luxury but is definatley not a requisite to a good workout, as you yourself have testified.
    thanks man. I feel like i have sufficient energy in the gym. I eat very good throughout the day, and i just dont like the bloating/stuffed feeling after downing a big protein drink and oatmeal.....even if i eat that 90min before i still feel bloated. And to boot, i dont have 90 min. the relax and let that food digest so i can hit the gym....so folks work for a living ya know....
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.16%

Quote Originally Posted by msucurt View Post
    Yesterday, i was extremely busy and ended up staying at work till 9pm. I didnt have time to go home and eat a preworkout meal/shake, so i just went straight to the gym and worked out.

I had an extremely great workout.....didnt get tired....had great pumps, etc.

My question. I know pre-workout is important, but how important? Obviously you must get your postworkout drink in, but honestly, im not so sure that i really need a big preworkout drink, maybe somethign small...maybe nothing at all....

just shooting out an idea.

anyone else feel this way....??

PREWORKOUT
    I think if your nutrition is solid then once in a while you can get away with completely skipping a pre-workout meal/drink.

BUT if you're doing a program of heavy lifting and trying to add more weight every workout then I would make sure I got a some preworkout eats.
  7. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.18%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I dont know about the purpose of pre-workout protein but pre-workout carbs is important, especially if your not cutting, but carbs usually keep you going for 4 hours, so I dont see why you would need to have it 90 mins beforehand, and if you feel its hindering you then dont consider it, anyway thats what gatorade is for.
    Its a matter of energy to push those weights without getting exhuasted, not a matter of catabolism.
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.67%

some folks work for a living ya know....
    I hear ya!
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.92%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ItsHectic View Post
    I dont know about the purpose of pre-workout protein but pre-workout carbs is important, especially if your not cutting, but carbs usually keep you going for 4 hours, so I dont see why you would need to have it 90 mins beforehand, and if you feel its hindering you then dont consider it, anyway thats what gatorade is for.
    Its a matter of energy to push those weights without getting exhuasted, not a matter of catabolism.
    What would any of you consider be the SIMPLEST preworkout meal/shake to consume before lifting, assuming you have eaten good throughout the day....?

1. gatorade
    2. 1/4 C oats ...1 scoop whey
    3. homemade protein bar (30P / 30C / 5F) or something similar.
    4. slice of whole wheat bread and fruit (banana, apple, berries)

5. suggestions.....

Similar Forum Threads

1. Anyone ever have this happen?
    By BigShadow in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-03-2012, 12:57 PM
  2. preworkout......ever have this happen?
    By msucurt in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 04-27-2008, 08:46 AM
  3. Have you ever had this happen?
    By CHAPS in forum General Chat
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 06-02-2006, 08:56 PM
  4. anyone have this happen?
    By VES in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-10-2004, 09:45 PM
  5. Anybody ever have this?