Ultra High Rep Sets (50-100 rep range)

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Registered User
    Biggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    1,292
    Answers
    0


    am sure he didn't mean to offend ya LG... either way, just felt the need to again express that if I want high rep sets I'm supersetting my big weight, "running the rack", or things of that nature, not ****in around with ***** weight to the 100th power... might as well run a god damn marathon... not gonna make an entire workout out of warm-up sets, no way no how

  2. Gold Member
    wojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    1,908
    Answers
    0


    its just a sad world were more is still precieved as better if that were true we would have all been champion bber by the time we graduated high school..lol
  3. Banned
    John Benz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    524
    Answers
    0

    Cool No offense meant LG.


    Originally posted by Lifeguard


    Are you saying that I got all my info from pubmed articles and studies???????

    all that info that I put down was straight out of my brain, I did not even need to look at any articles/books/magazines to put all that down on paper.

    I dont need to use useless internet-based studies to get my point across

     

    if I use an article in my writings, I will say that I did.  I'm not YJ
    No Lifeguard, I admire your intellect. I just meant that even though it is your own theory, based on scientific evidence you have learned, it is just that—theory. Based on science, what you said makes sense. In reality, it fails to produce the desired result—bigger muscles. I sometimes reduce weight to about 60-75% of norm and blast out 5 sets of 20 reps to shock the muscles and break through a sticking point. But only for a few workouts, and anything over 20 has proven detrimental. More soreness; no additional gains.

    peace,

    John Benz
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    Lifeguard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Age
    30
    Posts
    602
    Answers
    0


    Yes, I agree that doing 100 rep sets in every workout is stupid. But it can be used as a new training stimulus every once so often just to beat your muscles up a little bit
  5. Registered User
    conversekidz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    68
    Answers
    0

    Re: No offense meant LG.


    Originally posted by John Benz

    No Lifeguard, I admire your intellect. I just meant that even though it is your own theory, based on scientific evidence you have learned, it is just that—theory. Based on science, what you said makes sense. In reality, it fails to produce the desired result—bigger muscles. I sometimes reduce weight to about 60-75% of norm and blast out 5 sets of 20 reps to shock the muscles and break through a sticking point. But only for a few workouts, and anything over 20 has proven detrimental. More soreness; no additional gains.

    peace,

    John Benz
    The 50 rep sets where not to increase muscle size but to get the vascularity to pop more...
  6. Registered User
    Biggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    1,292
    Answers
    0

    Re: Re: No offense meant LG.


    Originally posted by conversekidz


    The 50 rep sets where not to increase muscle size but to get the vascularity to pop more...
    lifting weight is not aimed at increasing muscle size? did I understand that correctly? sounded an awful lot like you said "just get a good pump dude".
  7. Registered User
    Scottyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    1,002
    Answers
    0

    Re: Re: No offense meant LG.


    Originally posted by conversekidz


    The 50 rep sets where not to increase muscle size but to get the vascularity to pop more...
    Vascularity is much more dependant on bodyfat levels, water retention, and GENETICS, then overall lifting methods. You can help it along a bit, but you have to HAVE the muscle before it can get vascular. Also, tren, 1-test or EQ work much better
  8. Registered User
    Flavor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    66
    Answers
    0


    High rep sets increase capillary density. Therefore, increased pump.

    *shrug*
  9. Registered User
    conversekidz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    68
    Answers
    0

    Re: Re: Re: No offense meant LG.


    Originally posted by Biggs


    lifting weight is not aimed at increasing muscle size? did I understand that correctly? sounded an awful lot like you said "just get a good pump dude".

    I was just restating what the author of the piece I posted wanted to accomplish...
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-06-2010, 08:21 PM
  2. What happened to rep points changing to rep power?
    By ari4216 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 01-17-2009, 06:23 PM
  3. Reps, sets, etc.
    By vgenest66 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-11-2006, 06:13 PM
  4. prohormones and high repetition sets
    By sushibug in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 03-21-2004, 08:02 PM
  5. Three Sets of three reps
    By deaconbill in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-11-2002, 05:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in