strength gains

  1. strength gains


    Does anybody have any advice on increasing my bench press.... I stuck at 275 and I am trying everything but nothing is really helping.


  2. Well what is your workout routine? If you workout in a gym do you only use BB? I see a lot of people in the gym doing the same thing day after day. Your muscle need to be tricked, shocked. Use everything 1 chest day use BB, next use DB's, next use machines, yes I said the machines lol they build little muscle that BB can't, making you stronger.

    Maybe switch to the TUT program for a few months. I did that and my strength ended up going up big time. I don't care about strength anymore but it did go up.

    Theres many many other ways but the first thing off the top of my head. If you are doing all these things just scream and well figure something else out.

  3. Do what pit said, change it up. Also try doing your flat bench at the end of your workout, when your tired. This will cause your muscles to work even harder as they are much more tired than what they normally are if you do it at the beginning of your routine.

    Also, if your not implementing dips into your routine, you should. Post your routine and we can go from there.
    •   
       


  4. Try switching to DB's for a while, or do like incline one week, flat the next, incline, etc...also I would recommend the following rep schemes for strength:

    5x5---KING
    4x6-Solid for both strength and mass
    8x3
    6x4
    10x1
    8x1
    3x3

    ***Note, the closer you get to heavy singles, the more you want your CNS to be in shape, so don't go from 3x8 to 10x1 all of a sudden, go to 4x6-5x5-3x3-10x1...this way your CNS will be able to handle the heavier loads...

    Petey P

  5. Quote Originally Posted by BigJ81
    Try switching to DB's for a while, or do like incline one week, flat the next, incline, etc...also I would recommend the following rep schemes for strength:

    5x5---KING
    4x6-Solid for both strength and mass
    8x3
    6x4
    10x1
    8x1
    3x3

    ***Note, the closer you get to heavy singles, the more you want your CNS to be in shape, so don't go from 3x8 to 10x1 all of a sudden, go to 4x6-5x5-3x3-10x1...this way your CNS will be able to handle the heavier loads...

    Petey P


    This I will try....

  6. Pit said it pretty good. The only thing that I can think of that I didn't see was rythm pressing. On the way down count to 2, and press it up with a three count. Then next rep go down with a 4 count and up with a 2, etc. Change the seconds up every rep, but no higher than 5 seconds either up or down. This will keep constent tension on the muscle and get different twitchy fibers always contracting. This should help you break your plateau.

  7. The quickest way to strengthen your bench would be to strengthen the weak link. Do you get stuck at the top, middle, or bottom?

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Jstrong20
    The quickest way to strengthen your bench would be to strengthen the weak link. Do you get stuck at the top, middle, or bottom?
    I get stuck coming back up.......

  9. You may want to take a look at Bill Starr's Dual-Factor Hypertrophy (not the linear progression) 5x5 program. Explained in detail here:

    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=667998
    http://www.geocities.com/elitemadcow...nts_thread.htm

  10. http://anabolicminds.com/forum/powerlifting-strongman/

    I would cross post over there as we have some VERY knowledgable guys over there.

    What's your routine like right now?

    5x5
    WestSide
    Board presses
    Chains
    Bands

    All things you want to look into.

  11. you ever work your rotator cuff, this helped me with bench.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by madebayo
    Does anybody have any advice on increasing my bench press.... I stuck at 275 and I am trying everything but nothing is really helping.
    Do you have access to chains or bands??

    Implementing these could do a world for your bench.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by idunk42
    Do you have access to chains or bands??

    Implementing these could do a world for your bench.
    Dood... I said that... like two hours ago.. come on now!


  14. Quote Originally Posted by JonesersRX7
    Dood... I said that... like two hours ago.. come on now!


    My bad.........lol

    I didnt read the whole thread, for some reason I just thought of it. Its ok, im a tard, I have an execuse.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. strength gains?
    By mitch911 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-30-2005, 09:01 AM
  2. Superdrol or Methyl for strength gains
    By Lionheart in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-01-2005, 09:45 AM
  3. Test Prop strength gains
    By jimmythelad in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-28-2005, 01:26 PM
  4. most strength gaining anabolic
    By pmcgough in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-13-2004, 01:26 PM
  5. Cycle W/ No Strength Gains??
    By Blatalian in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 11-15-2003, 09:45 PM
Log in
Log in