how much muscle can you gain naturally - AnabolicMinds.com

how much muscle can you gain naturally

1. Banned

how much muscle can you gain naturally

in one year how much muscle can u gain without doing juice naturally in one yr roughly or in month just wondering thanks imean good diet and calories are high and so is protein and moderate carbs

2. New Member

This really can't be answered. There are averages, but to be honest that's not even accurate. If you are a beginner you can put on a freaky amount of muscle on with a good diet and a good training regimen.....there are also genetic freaks that go above the norm. If it's an average....I'd say 1-2lbs a week is possible naturally and I'd say realistically .75-1.5lbs is more realistic just from observing others.
  3. Snuggle Club™ mascot
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by 1ad man
    in one year how much muscle can u gain without doing juice naturally in one yr roughly or in month just wondering thanks imean good diet and calories are high and so is protein and moderate carbs
    Build muscle WITHOUT JUICE! Are you crazy? Only Chuck Norris can do that.
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html
    •   

4. Board Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Atlas
    If it's an average....I'd say 1-2lbs a week is possible naturally and I'd say realistically .75-1.5lbs is more realistic just from observing others.
    Weekly, natural? That's some good genes alright.. I'd be more than happy if I'd gain 2lbs of pure muscle each month (naturally).. Hell, thats 12lbs a year..
  5. Professional Member

Quote Originally Posted by bda55
    Weekly, natural? That's some good genes alright.. I'd be more than happy if I'd gain 2lbs of pure muscle each month (naturally).. Hell, thats 12lbs a year..
    2lbs a month = 12lbs/year

LOL jk bro I know you meant 24lbs.
  6. Board Supporter

LoL.. used to the metric system.. was mixing up lbs and kilograms..
  7. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

**** man If I could gain 1 lb of lean mass a month I would be happier than a pig in ****... If you really execute your diet plan to perfection, workout hard (but not too hard) and get more than enough sleep you should beable to grow 1-2 lbs of LEAN (yes, LEAN) mass a month. Of course thats my very average genetics, some freaks can do way better than that.. I've also been at this for about 5 years and party like a rockstar (my downfall) sooo....
  8. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  172 lbs.

My guess is a 1-2 lbs a month, but in your first year or two.... I would say 2-3 lbs a month....
  9. Registered User

This can be very tricky to answer.

If you eat clean, train hard, sleep right, supplement nothing except some pre/post workout protien then I would say somewhre around 2lbs a month for the first 8 months or so. Then a slow delcline to maybe 1.5 a month then down to 1lb.

If you eat whatever you want, take a bunch so supplements, enourmous amounts of protien. Then you will gain a good amount of weight, but what percent of that will be quality muscle, there is no answer that can be given as general guidance.

Dont worry about weight. Just eat, train, and sleep and you will be happy with your gains.
    Drew
  10. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  172 lbs.

Or you can do just what the guy did in revodrew avitar.... Use synthol in your arms and shoulders and gain 40lbs in a year.
  11. Registered User

sigh .. that's not from synthol .. synthol will NEVER do that ... those are implants
  12. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  172 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by glenihan
    sigh .. that's not from synthol .. synthol will NEVER do that ... those are implants
    Ya think?...
    I think he should go to a better surgeon.... He put them in all crooked *LOL*.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.

Grow without juice? What kind of juice are we talking about here? What, like mango juice, pineapple juice, orange juice? Mmmmm, orange juice
  14. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Mills
    Ya think?...
    I think he should go to a better surgeon.... He put them in all crooked *LOL*.
    actually that was an abcess that was removed, thats why they are so uneven. He is my cousin so stop talking smack. Okay, just playing, talk all the **** you want. Thats why I got the pic of him in cuffs. What a dumbass!!!
  15. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  272 lbs.

I'd say it is possible to gain 20lbs natural of true LBM in the first year, provided the trainee has some excellent training supervision and great nutrition. After that, 1lb a month of LBM might be doable for a few years, then decreasing steadily.

So if you consider a 17-year-old who is 150lbs lean, he'd be, in lean weight:
    170 @ 18
    182 @ 19
    194 @ 20
    206 @ 21
    212 @ 22
    218 @ 23

How many guys do you know who are 218 lbs lean (say 8%bf) and all-natural? There's a limit and it does get reached.

Personally, I'm about 5'10½" and I made it up to about 200 fairly lean, naturally. I have decent genetics and used good nutrition most of the time, but few supplements. I also started at age 23, which is way after the prime growth years of teenage...

I feel I've done OK for myself. If you guys tell me I shoulda gained 24 lbs for a few years then 12 per year, then I'll reply that my genetics are really sad, because I am way below 240lbs of LBM... Natural??
  16. Professional Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grunt76
    I'd say it is possible to gain 20lbs natural of true LBM in the first year, provided the trainee has some excellent training supervision and great nutrition. After that, 1lb a month of LBM might be doable for a few years, then decreasing steadily.

So if you consider a 17-year-old who is 150lbs lean, he'd be, in lean weight:
    170 @ 18
    182 @ 19
    194 @ 20
    206 @ 21
    212 @ 22
    218 @ 23

How many guys do you know who are 218 lbs lean (say 8%bf) and all-natural? There's a limit and it does get reached.
    I agree but how many young guys do you know that make lifting a priority strating as a teenager. I began lifting at age 18 now 25. I started at 165lbs and I now sit at about 220lb at 9%. Since I began I haven't missed more then 3 days of training without it being planned out as off time. And I've never taken more then a week off (usually vacation) that whole time.

My point being is that it can be done it just doesn't happen a lot because people don't make it a high priority. By the time I'm 30 I plan on hitting 230lbs at 5%. That's my goal.
  17. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  272 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by jminis
    I agree but how many young guys do you know that make lifting a priority strating as a teenager. I began lifting at age 18 now 25. I started at 165lbs and I now sit at about 220lb at 9%. Since I began I haven't missed more then 3 days of training without it being planned out as off time. And I've never taken more then a week off (usually vacation) that whole time.

My point being is that it can be done it just doesn't happen a lot because people don't make it a high priority. By the time I'm 30 I plan on hitting 230lbs at 5%. That's my goal.
    Hm... Is that all natural? 'Cause if so, you've got some good genes man...
  18. Advanced Member

These are all very close figures on me during the summer months. The age are of me just turning that many years as my b-day is in mid June.
    16 y/o- 5'10ish 210ish..... fat
    17 y/o- 6'0", 190 pounds....fat
    18 y/o- 6'2", 175-180 pounds...~14%
    19 y/o- 6'3", 204 pounds...~15%
    20 y/o- 6'3", 208 pounds...~11-12%
    (estimated) 21 y/o- 6'3", 215....sub 8%

I can say right now though. I am hovering around 232 to 233 now, and I am at about the same if not lower body fat then when I was 18y/o. Thats just over 50 pounds in 3 years.

Only thing I have done is a cycle of E-max in Dec. Went very well and ended up keeping 10 pounds, actually got slightly more cut as well.

Ryno
    out
  19. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  272 lbs.

So out of that 50 lbs, 40 is natural, which is pretty exactly in line with what I stated. And of course, this was stated for an average-height male,which is about 5'10" or so.
  20. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Man he looks retarded like wtf is wrong with him who the **** would want to look like that?
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.

The "Rambling FREAK" said he did site injections. But he also calls his dick marcus as in marcus ruhl, hes a different man. I think ive read numerous times anywhere from 8-12 pounds of LBM is possible depending on your age and how close you are to being full grown.
  22. Elite Member

actually that was an abcess that was removed, thats why they are so uneven. He is my cousin so stop talking smack. Okay, just playing, talk all the **** you want. Thats why I got the pic of him in cuffs. What a dumbass!!!
    Is he really your cousin? No disespect to your family bro, but he looks like ****

I think you can gain a good amount of muscle training naturally, anabolics aren't necessary to have a great body and be remarkably strong for your height/weight/etc. People just dont realize the value of discipline and the miracles of proper diet and consistent training.

I started training seriously at 25. I was ~170lbs and probably 11%BF or a little less. Now, at 30, Im 218lbs at 11%BF or a little more. Two 4-week PH cycles a year apart there, so not completely natural.

I could be in a lot better shape, but I overcame a few injuries and slacked off more than I should have here and there. Im on the train no though! 210 and 8% by March!!

BV

Similar Forum Threads

1. How much muscle can I put on naturally?
    By xfit03 in forum Natural Bodybuilding
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-13-2014, 05:57 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-16-2013, 01:19 AM
  3. How much STRENGTH did you gain off M1T?
    By Technics in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 01-04-2006, 10:57 AM
  4. How much muscle can one gain in a year?
    By Zero Tolerance in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-22-2004, 10:32 PM
  5. How much muscle can expect to lose after surgery?
    By DieTrying in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-24-2003, 04:41 PM