I need weight loss help

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.83%

I need weight loss help

I'm a 28 yr old male and have been in the gym solid for the past 3 months. The 1st 2 months I was doing strength training with about 20 mins of treadmill cardio. I had great results for strength gains but the past month I switched to weight loss and endurance focusing on 45-60 mins on bike lvl 6 resistance at 100 rpms but not losing any size or weight, I don't eat crazy or badly and completing an hr on the bike is tiresome but I recover quickly and can go on with my day. Is there anything good I can take or do to get rid of my spare tire?

2. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.53%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Go back to strength training. The impact cardio has on weight loss is minimal at best. Resistance training is far more important since it will help you preserve lean body mass.

Switch back to strength training routine and post your diet
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.78%

I agree with Judojosh, the metabolic effect resistance training has is far superior to cardio. Cardio is always beneficial, but should be added on to an already progressive weight training routine. Im also curious to see what your diet consists of, as this is the biggest determining factor for your goals.
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.83%

I really don't have a set diet plan, but I stay away from fast food, sweets, excessive eating, and when I do eat I usually have chicken with some type of carb or starch and veggies...I don't snack and drink at least a gallon of water a day
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.83%

I'm training to become a wrestler and I've got to have endurance that's why I switched to the heavy cardio, I also know that I've got to be able to do around 300 pushups, 300 Hindu squats, and 300 burpees in about a 1:30 hr - 2 hr time frame.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.78%

Axis, I know you think you are doing yourself a service with what you have outlined, but first this really doesnt tell us much..and second there is no structure here. In your effort to lose weight and keep track of your progress it is mandatory that you know what you are eating and how much of it. My first reccomendation would be to google an online tdee calculator to fit your body. Find out what your maintenance calories are, and start by subtracting 3-400 calories from that a day. Continue to strength train and stick to the healthy clean foods you have listed. See how that works for you and adjust accordingly to progress/goals.
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.83%

Thanks, I'm new to the weight loss side and focus points so I appreciate the help. I will continue posting info as I find it. Feel free to give me pointers and info anytime cause I want to get this right and am fully focused.
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  232 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.18%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by AXISROW View Post
    I'm a 28 yr old male and have been in the gym solid for the past 3 months. The 1st 2 months I was doing strength training with about 20 mins of treadmill cardio. I had great results for strength gains but the past month I switched to weight loss and endurance focusing on 45-60 mins on bike lvl 6 resistance at 100 rpms but not losing any size or weight, I don't eat crazy or badly and completing an hr on the bike is tiresome but I recover quickly and can go on with my day. Is there anything good I can take or do to get rid of my spare tire?
    well comes down to mainly what you are eating... focus on low gi carbs

change your cardio like you change your lifting. Do some HIIT for a while / LISS (HR <120). Your body adapts to cardio just as it does lifting, dieting, or anything else in life.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions
  9. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.07%

Heavy weight training with 15mins HIIT 3 days a week. Eat clean, good fats, low GI carbs, high protein...try not to combine a significant amount of carbs and fat at any meal. Thats about all I can tell you based of the little I truly know about you.
    ​Athletic Xtreme Sponsored Athlete

Similar Forum Threads

1. Need Weight Loss Help..
    By JdotAkil in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-23-2011, 01:42 AM
  2. New Here Need Weight Loss Help
    By dschminkey in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-16-2008, 10:37 AM
  3. need weight loss help
    By dbrufus1234 in forum Weight Loss