How to increase center of chest size?

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.91%

How to increase center of chest size?

What's the best way to work the center of your chest?My pecs are decently sized, but I have this small gap in the middle of my chest. I think part of it is just the way my chest is naturally built, but I feel like there has to be something else I can do on chest day to work that area more. I've read incline DB flys, but wanted to see if anyone else has any other ideas or opinions on this.

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.77%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Hm...I would say that mostly gets created with major chest volume , for me what has decreased the gap and given me that bulk separation in the middle would be a bit of a wider grip Bench Press , heavy of course , but with a 3-0-1 tempo , 3 on the way down and explosive up! What also helps is try to find an angle with Cable Flyes that makes yah feel the pressure in the middle of the chest and try to throw in more Pec Deck cluster sets!.

Hope it helps! This helped me up!
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.64%

Take a look in an anatomy book. The fibers in the pectoral muscles run latitudinally. Therefor, you cant selectivly develop your "inner" or "outer" chest. The stimulation on the pectoral fibers will develop from one end to the other. Genetics plays the biggest factor in the shape of you pectorals (or any muscle). Just focus on developing your chest to the maximum natural potential.

If you are concerned about upper or lower pectorals, there are some compartmental divisions that allow you to stimulate your upper chest more so than your lower chest, for example.

For most trainees a bigger concern should be to just develop their entire chest versus worrying about shaping it.
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.75%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by RJW719 View Post
    Take a look in an anatomy book. The fibers in the pectoral muscles run latitudinally. Therefor, you cant selectivly develop your "inner" or "outer" chest. The stimulation on the pectoral fibers will develop from one end to the other. Genetics plays the biggest factor in the shape of you pectorals (or any muscle). Just focus on developing your chest to the maximum natural potential.

If you are concerned about upper or lower pectorals, there are some compartmental divisions that allow you to stimulate your upper chest more so than your lower chest, for example.

For most trainees a bigger concern should be to just develop their entire chest versus worrying about shaping it.
    This is good advice.

I'd also add that most people who feel they have an under developed inner chest also often have over developed anterior delts coupled with protracted shoulders.............which all goes back to middle trap/rhomboid activation and strengthening (and lengthening the pec minor) that I have been soapboxing about since I joined here.

Br
  5. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.3%

Your insertion points for the pec muscles just happen to be "a little far" from each other. Honestly, I've noticed this a lot in a lot of the photos posted here by people who are lean enough to see that sort of separation (normally 9% bf), I'd say roughly almost half of the people have that. It's just the way you were built/developed, and short of having some sort of muscle implants or tits so big the cleavage closes the gap, it's just the way it is.
  6. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.93%

What they are saying above makes sense..but for some reason, doing cable flies on an incline bench, holding at peak contraction (while holding shoulder blades back), got my inner chest extra defined. Gave me a line and striations. I think flies are the only thing that will really work at defining that inner line.
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative
    www . millenniumsport . net
  7. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.16%

Wide grip bench press, wide grip incline bench press, extremely heavy, get a partner and do negatives, you'll be fine, who cares how you look when your strong as hell.l
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.42%

So instead of just doing wide, I'd emphasize FULL range of motion. Do some wider grip AND some narrower grip. I find that narrow helps me get a complete contraction in my chest and tris--you get a fuller stretch at the bottom and a true contraction at the top....that said, the guy above is correct; you just gotta get mass. Range of motion helped me do it. Half-ROM reps are a waste. Increase you middle back strength, pinch your shoulder blades and get some full ROM presses going
  9. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.16%

The strorm16 knows what's up, it takes time to build a powerful chest, just stick with it, and good luck!!

Similar Forum Threads

1. Is there a way to increase wrist size?
    By DerickVonD in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-05-2011, 02:06 PM
  2. chest size
    By boricuarage in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-30-2010, 12:38 PM
  3. How to increase squat weight and get bigger chest
    By NFLforNBA in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-18-2009, 05:42 PM
  4. chest size
    By hawks31 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-04-2008, 01:18 AM
  5. The Best Workout to increase Arm Size??
    By Inchamery in forum Supplements
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 07-02-2007, 09:38 PM