Post workout Marijuana use?

Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

I smoke 1 blunt w/ my friend @ night time; im not the type to smoke a couple of days like a pot head. I enjoy 1 and its a small dime nothing crazy. But I can go days w/out smoking I wouldn't say I'm addicted. I enjoy it but plain and simple too much of anything is bad for the human body. Keep that in check when smoking weed and you will be fine

2. Registered User

Inject weed? Im a pothead not a heroine addict. And so you assume that the text u quoted is 100% correct? Seriously lil wayne smokes massive amounts of weed and hes fuggin huge
    I was being silly, just saying that THC triggers increased estrogen release. I hope no one is injecting it.lol If anyone in here knows anything about Gerard Thorne and his Numerous books on Bodybuilding, then that should be credible enough. That is why I quoted him, b/c he is a very credible source. O and lil wayne is 5'5", 140lbs not exactly my idol when I comes to bodybuilding. All the people trying to justify weed smoking as part of their work out regimin is actually very funny. And MOST of those cancer patients be put on medical herb are Terminal (going to die.lol) cancer patients.

By the way, I USE to smoke blunts daily (w friends) then after about two years i started getting a lil brown/black flem I would cough up after hard cardio. Then went to vaping and eventually stopped all together. You should probably check out what those blunt papers are made of, b/c I can tell you for 100% truth they are cancerous. lol
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.

hahaha @ the Lil' Wayne being huge comment.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.

He looks a lot bigger than 140..
    you can lead a man to knowledge, but you cant make him think.
  5. Registered User

I looked it up, (google: how much does lil wayne weigh) it says between 135-145. I could look like R.Coleman if someone takes my pic from the floor.lol Lighting and camera angles are VERY deceiving.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.

Checked back on this thread after a while and just want to say totally impressed with everyone's different opinions and idea's about the efectivness of weed and weightlifting. I personally have cut out weed from my life, I can't afford to slow my mind down.
  7. Registered User

Literally, More power to ya.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.

it increases dopamine?

idk maybe that will help some people justify smoking bud.
    The difference between who you are and who you want to be is what you do.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by kingdong View Post
    It used to be essential for helping me get food down when 1,3dimeth would make me too sick to eat. Now Im done with 1,3 dimeth.
    Yes, good point. I was thinking as well... If one were to use stims and follow an IF type diet, you could pack a small bowl with some good dro and pack down some good, quality calories within an 8 hour time window with the munchies.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Stri8ted25 View Post
    I was being silly, just saying that THC triggers increased estrogen release. I hope no one is injecting it.lol If anyone in here knows anything about Gerard Thorne and his Numerous books on Bodybuilding, then that should be credible enough. That is why I quoted him, b/c he is a very credible source. O and lil wayne is 5'5", 140lbs not exactly my idol when I comes to bodybuilding. All the people trying to justify weed smoking as part of their work out regimin is actually very funny. And MOST of those cancer patients be put on medical herb are Terminal (going to die.lol) cancer patients.

By the way, I USE to smoke blunts daily (w friends) then after about two years i started getting a lil brown/black flem I would cough up after hard cardio. Then went to vaping and eventually stopped all together. You should probably check out what those blunt papers are made of, b/c I can tell you for 100% truth they are cancerous. lol
    I hope your health remains well, brother. I'm sure you'll be ok now though after stopping the blunts. I prefer vaping or using a bubbler.
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  240 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Force of Green View Post
    I hope your health remains well, brother. I'm sure you'll be ok now though after stopping the blunts. I prefer vaping or using a bubbler.
    Couldnt give reputation. Whats a blubber?
  12. Registered User

Whats a blubber
    Name:  img10.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  44.7 KB
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.

Im reduced to using a lightbulb vape cuz im poor. Plus my guy isn't answering his phone.. Looks like I might have to quit early.. Dammit..
    you can lead a man to knowledge, but you cant make him think.
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  195 lbs.

For the time being, the arguments for and against are all null and void considering every bit of research done is entirely conflicting. It has so far never been consistently proven that it has an effect or does not. Longer term studies do tend to lean towards it having NO effect on hormone levels, both testosterone and estrogen, however, as said before this has yet to be consistently demonstrated in subsequent studies.

Personally, I'm of the BELIEF that it is better for you on a conditional basis (Ex. Bulking) as it stimulates hunger, helps you relax, and helps to put you to sleep. All three of those things being key components in enabling growth as any bodybuilder should know.

Just because some news agency took a result out of context from ONE study that estrogen is raised and testosterone lowered, then suddenly that must be the truth. The same is true for the opposite, if a source said it increased testosterone and lowered estrogen and that was reported, suddenly everyone would be scouring for it like the next big muscle building supplement. All I'm trying to get across here is for people to do what they believe works for them. Listen to your body, not Fox News....LoL. Call it "broscience" if you want, I'll smoke and be happy.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/1935564/

Cliff Notes: Chronic marijuana use showed no significant effect on hormone concentrations in either men or women.

http://jpet.aspetjournals.org/conten...2/404.abstract

Cliff Notes: Cannabis extract in large doses exhibited neither estrogenic nor antiestrogenic effects. Thus, although estrogen receptor binding activity was observed in crude marijuana extract, marijuana smoke condensate and several known components of cannabis, direct estrogenic activity of cannabis extract could not be demonstrated in vivo.

http://www.ukcia.org/research/EndocrineEffects.pdf

Cliff Notes: A suppressive effect is seen on reproductive hormones, prolactin, growth hormone, and the thyroid axis, while the HPA axis is activated. Many of the responses observed, however, are lost with chronic administration, which is likely due to the development of tolerance. Studies in humans have had inconsistent resukts which may reflect differences in study design, stage in menstrual cycle, or the development in tolerance. Long-term effects on the various endocrine systems have not been clearly demonstrated, and clinical consequences, if present, are likely to be subtle.
    Needtobuildmuscle N2Burn Log - http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/183590-brunos-burnin-needtobuildmuscle.html
  15. Registered User

Yea, i guess thats why all the IFBB's are using it as part of their supplementation. The biggest bulking secret in bodybuliding....WEED.lol
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  195 lbs.

Haha really they are??? Oh snap I'm gonna sell this as a alternative to superdrol :P
    Needtobuildmuscle N2Burn Log - http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/183590-brunos-burnin-needtobuildmuscle.html
  17. Registered User

Oh snap I'm gonna sell this as a alternative to superdrol :P
    Well it is easier on the liver i guess.lol
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.

Everyone needs to come over to my place sometime and we'll light up and have a good ol' time!
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.

gravity bong anyone?

i love bumping some cypress hill when i blaze

btw platinum bubba is g2g

or when im gone i turn on TV mute it, turn on stereo full blast and it trips u out cus music and tv almost synchronize. its weird
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.

I would totez blaze post workout so i could grub, but i hate the feeling of being high :/
    Getting back into the swing of things
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.

I actually like smoking before my workouts. Not a lot....but just a few hit to catch a decent buzz. I always feel more pumped, tighter, and have a better mind/muscle connection
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  160 lbs.

Really depends on SO many factors, for me personally: cardio, there's almost zero chance after i chief, but dependent on my stress, rest, and hunger levels, i think medicinal marijuana can be beneficial either pre- or post- workout...in before haters (or am I too late?)...moderation on maryjane FTW
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  160 lbs.

well shoot i tried to PM you but my post count was too low ha...dont let that fool you as to a marker of my knowledge; i read up on bodybuilding/nutrition on the daily; I'm a student of the "game"/lifestyle
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.

25. Registered User

I actually like smoking before my workouts. Not a lot....but just a few hit to catch a decent buzz. I always feel more pumped, tighter, and have a better mind/muscle connection
    Doesn't it make your muscles relax??? Why whould u want a relaxed muscle when your working out? sounds like a good combo for injuring urself.
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Stri8ted25

Doesn't it make your muscles relax??? Why whould u want a relaxed muscle when your working out? sounds like a good combo for injuring urself.
    Nah man. I ALWAYS have a better pump when I work out stoned
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  207 lbs.

I take a hit or two before a workout. A hit or two after. I love working out high.

But I have been getting stronger and bigger and weed ain't slowing me down. Probably the steroids
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  240 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Stri8ted25 View Post
    Yea, i guess thats why all the IFBB's are using it as part of their supplementation. The biggest bulking secret in bodybuliding....WEED.lol
    Arnolds been seen doing it but we dont know how often. He did lower the penalty for being caught with it in Cali, so I dont think hes to against it.
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Love this thread!! Volcano all the way baby!!!
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  196 lbs.

granola weed protein bars.. fing so good.. I would sale them but the gov say no to that!!!!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Rate this Post Workout shake, and post yours.
    By Theipodpeople in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-17-2008, 11:12 AM
  2. post post workout meal and diet -- HELP/THOUGHTS
    By beebab in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-17-2007, 01:08 AM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-14-2007, 10:52 AM
  4. Post your pre/post workout nutrition regimens...
    By TMack40 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 04-06-2003, 05:21 AM
  5. Post your pre/post workout nutrition regimens...
    By TMack40 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-21-2002, 09:10 PM