Post workout Marijuana use?

ikeNball

ikeNball

Awards
  • Established
HI-JACKING this thread, yes, but: to all you supplement companies running out of ideas as the government bans all the legit test boosters/PH's etc, why don't you guys come up with a REAL appetite suppressant (not thermogenic persay), but I would buy the stuff FOR LIFE if someone could formulate such a thing.
Yes, this is clearly coming after a hard night of "conscious munching", but the benefits of a little chronic to me outweigh the anxiety and other (personal) negatives that come from going without. Just a thought!
(or if anyone has any personal experience of what works, besides water/sleep, please do let me know). God bless ! and praise:hijacked:

ReyMan

ReyMan

Awards
I dont know how some of you can work out stoned! I hate being high and not being in control.

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I dont know how some of you can work out stoned! I hate being high and not being in control.
I used to think that when I was getting BLAZED for a workout. You're probably smoking past your tolerance. All I need is a hit or two, maybe a bowl to get me zoned in. It's actually very enjoyable.

Reactions: oli

Grumpy

Awards
I don't know. Being blazed really REALLY makes me chill but at the same time, I don't want to be very chill when I'm working out. I've tried it a couple times, just isn't the same. After working out is just fine, I'm already relaxing anyways. haha

Doss

Doss

Awards
  • Established
I think the timing of the workout/blaze should be considered. We know that MJ raises your metabolism for some time after use, and personally (I can't back this up with any science) I don't think it's a good idea to smoke directly before bed. You may be able to consume more food, but do you think the upped intake counteracts the higher consumption of your body for the 8 hr fast its about to go into?

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
I used to think that when I was getting BLAZED for a workout. You're probably smoking past your tolerance. All I need is a hit or two, maybe a bowl to get me zoned in. It's actually very enjoyable.
^^This. I've had some of my best workouts when I was high.

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
ive been smoking at least 1-3x a day since I was 13, i am 27 now. So for over half my life Ive been high, sh1t there wasnt one day in my sr year of high school I didnt smoke before going to school.

Smoking bud has never held me back from gaining size. A decent amount of my friends dont smoke weed (dont worry they do plently of other drugs) and I am just as big as all of them. I really do not feel smoking nug effects muscle growth what so ever.

as mentioned in page 3 or 4, a few studies will say/prove that smoking will reduce T and raise E but they are far and few between. All in all, there is nothing solid saying that there are negitive effects from smoking pot. (aside the issues that would come from smoking cigarettes or smoking anything)

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
I think the timing of the workout/blaze should be considered. We know that MJ raises your metabolism for some time after use, and personally (I can't back this up with any science) I don't think it's a good idea to smoke directly before bed. You may be able to consume more food, but do you think the upped intake counteracts the higher consumption of your body for the 8 hr fast its about to go into?
Ive heard that it can interfere with rem sleep, but much like the estrogen thing, I dont really know how many studies say this. Anyway, who says you have to eat a bunch when you smoke weed? Will power people!

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Ive heard that it can interfere with rem sleep, but much like the estrogen thing, I dont really know how many studies say this. Anyway, who says you have to eat a bunch when you smoke weed? Will power people!
I lose my will power when I smoke a tiny bit too much, because I have a very small threshold for munchies. I do enjoy MJ on my bulking phase this time around. With good bud and a lot of really good nutrient partitioners, I'm having good results eating a lot of cals (moreso on workout days).

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Do you personally remember dreams when you sleep high?

F*** no I don't. I'll smoke and sleep for a week straight and won't remember my dreams. But when I stop, I get a crazy ass REM rebound and my dreams get very intense, emtionally charged, just crazy. This fades after a few days. IME it does do something to REM sleep.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established

F*** no I don't. I'll smoke and sleep for a week straight and won't remember my dreams. But when I stop, I get a crazy ass REM rebound and my dreams get very intense, emtionally charged, just crazy. This fades after a few days. IME it does do something to REM sleep.
which can be good and bad. bad for your life since I believe that dreams help you process stuff. Might be good for GH though. Isnt non dreaming sleep when you produce the most?

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Anyone try a weed bulk gabba combo before bed?

Stri8ted25

Stri8ted25

Awards
which can be good and bad. bad for your life since I believe that dreams help you process stuff. Might be good for GH though. Isnt non dreaming sleep when you produce the most?
I believe that when you go into REM sleep, which is the deepest sleep, that is when you dream and produce the greatest amount of GH. Also Its important to not have any kind of light or TV on when you sleep b/c, even w your eyes closed, light can pass thru ur eyelids and disrupt falling into a REM deep sleep.

dalexander

dalexander

Awards
It causes an unnessesary increase in Heart Rate resting typically > 100 bpm tracarydia. Min ventilation increases dramatically. Breathing frequency is also increased. you may not see short term problems, but if contined in an extended period of time will result in decrease in maximal exertion during a heavy lift typically greater than 80% of 1rm

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
ok, let me first say that I joined the forums just to address this issue. I use to smoke the herb for many years and always thought it was Soooo great for relaxation and eating more. Well, for anyone looking to get bigger or have good test levels should NEVER smoke weed.

Heres why: "Most of the Common testosterone drugs such as cypionate, propionate and enanthate also note breast tissue growth as a common side effect. Other drugs that influence the ESTROGEN receptors are GH (growth hormone), thyroid drugs, Valium and yes, even Marijuana" pg72 Anabolic Primer Ergogenic Enhancement for the Hardcore Bodybuilder Gerard Thorone.

I hope that this clears up SOOOOOO much of the confusion about this topic. Dnt get me wrong, weed should be legal and w.e but it should NOT be part of you stack. If you want to stay small and probably get gyno, go for it. Not to mention, if your on any kind of gear you are wasting your money

Every time i got into smoking again my estrogen levels shot through the roof, and having an existing case of gyno I have a nice set of indicators as to exactly where my est levels are at any given point in time.

I distinctly remember reading a study proving this but I cant find it now and it was years ago that I did read this (didnt stop me from "falling off the wagon" from time to time though)

I must say though I am never as healthy, fit and in my right mind smoking as when im not and completely clean. the 2 just dont go hand in hand imo no matter how little its negatively effecting you it IS negatively effecting you.

Dont get me wrong i think there can be some benefits to the herb but they have yet to refine it to the point of achieving only benefits and leaving out the bad.

JMO if your serious about your health and BBing then I would omit using any drugs other then steroids and not drink any alcohol other then whats used as a solvent for your SERMS....

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
It causes an unnessesary increase in Heart Rate resting typically > 100 bpm tracarydia. Min ventilation increases dramatically. Breathing frequency is also increased. you may not see short term problems, but if contined in an extended period of time will result in decrease in maximal exertion during a heavy lift typically greater than 80% of 1rm
Interesting find, but Im still waiting for someone to prove that these effects dont just come from being excited, and not the actul compound itself. Like, I want to see what happens when someone vapes some really cheap stuff that just puts you to sleep.

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established

I also get crazy dreams when i am not smoking any bud for a couple wks.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
I also get crazy dreams when i am not smoking any bud for a couple wks.
That goes away eventually and you become miserable again. I guess everything in moderation. Smoking and abstinence from smoking.

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Helps your eyesight also

I workout for 1-1.5 hours a day and after drink a protein shake and smoke a bowl of some fine California grown medical grade marijuana. It helps with muscle relaxation and improves my appetite. What do you guys think?
Probably helps your eyesight also! LOL

Houndoom57

Houndoom57

Awards
I smoke every night a few hours before sleep. It hasn't had any negative influences yet, but lately i've been wondering how big i would be if i didn't smoke...

AKC22

Awards
I know that marijuana has been shown to impair you motor skills and reaction times because of the effects it had on your brain. If something like marijuana can affect the electrochemical reactions happening in your brain what's to keep it from affecting the rest of your CNS as well? A problem with your CNS can definitely impact your muscular development. If it works for you then it works I'm not arguing with that.

narahs22

Awards
Im not sure if smoking is actually good for anything specific post work out, but i know i love to smoke after a hard work out so whatever!

TheMaharaja

Awards
A friend of mine used to blaze 24/7. He was high/sober all the time. He said his lifts were good because he couldn't feel the burn so he could squeeze out that extra rep or two. His appetite was also boosted, and it helped him sleep well. He had other things going for him, but he got ****ing huge without any PHs.

Ive been using it for appetite and sleep, but I know that it eventually leads to insomnia. But right now, Im getting good quality sleep of 8-9 hours, so I think thats a huge benefit because I normally only sleep 7 hours.

cokeholio

cokeholio

Awards
  • Established
hell yeah this is awesome i thought i was the only one who smoked a bowl or two before or after a workout, before i get some killer workouts and after i really enjoy a bomb ass protein shake, ive been smoking for about 5-6 years now. so im glad to read all this

cokeholio

cokeholio

Awards
  • Established
the insomnia thing will go away as long as u dont only smoke it at night, like i smoke through out the day and i workout first thing in the morning, by the time i get home from work im usually crashing on the couch and i usually smoke around 10-11am and then later on around 7-9pm

xscob

Awards
It seems like pot is really good post WO supplement, I wonder if anyone uses meth for pre WO. I hear it gives a user bursts of energy, alertness etc.

Laughed for at least 10 minutes straight lol

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Laughed for at least 10 minutes straight lol
This was funny, but seriously, no one should ever try this, even once. Unlike coke, wich is some what predictable(still not reccomended for lifting) meth is kind of........you better hope you dont see the devil instead of a bench ress bar!

aceroni

Awards
ok ok ok.. anyone here that says MJ lowers your testosterone, or that it will lower protein synthesis, is more than likely full of ****.
SHOW me scientific proof. Not your goverment DARE BULL****.
I mean it
I've been lifting for about 8 years, and the last 4 or so i have been SERIOUSLY bodybuilding. I've been smoking pot for about... uhm.. lets see 4 or 5 of those? anywho- i recently quit smoking to get a job. there is no difference at all, besides the fact that i have more energy throughout the day (you cant smoke medical quality weed all day and expect to be mr alert by night time..)
but anyways.. i was about 110lbs.. Im now 180lbs and lean, can see all my obliques / abs / whatnot.. Dont tell me you cant gain muscle while smoking weed thats complete horse ****
as far as bulking- mj really helps w/ your appetite... If you eat, then smoke, you can basically eat again.. More calories = more growth, and since i have quit smoking i have noticed my appetite is a little bit lower than normal is all...

TheMaharaja

Awards
I also read in various places that marijuana may actually increase metabolism...but i think most stoners just choose low quality (but delicious) food when munching...