Post workout Marijuana use?

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  240 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Force of Green View Post
    I would think that post-workout MJ would do you good, being that it slows the CNS down after a hard training session and relaxes you. Whether or not you're looking for the extra food intake is clearly a matter of preference.
    It used to be essential for helping me get food down when 1,3dimeth would make me too sick to eat. Now Im done with 1,3 dimeth.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by kingdong View Post
    Well, I wont say that I have ay science. But I remember being 17, having a beat up body from a summer of seriously overtraining, smoking some good kind bud and waking up the next day feeling like a lot of my kinks had been unloosened. Dont know about timing, but i really do feel like it has its place in fitness.
    This is complete broscience though is what I'm getting at. The idea that because one day you woke up feeling better after smoking marijuana literally means nothing as to it's place in fitness. It's about as useful as saying you played PS2 that night and think it had something to do with how you felt.

One time I got high and felt relaxed the next day just doesn't do anything for your argument. That's what I'm getting at, this thread is literally nothing but broscience as far as the "positive" effects of MJ in regards to working out.

Again this isn't something I've studied in depth, but you have to be high if you don't see where I'm coming from.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Answers

I do not eat meat
    i take in 4-5 shakes a day and 3-4 meals a day. whats your point?
    ohhj and 2 chakes are casin ad whey the other three are only whey.
    im bigger thenmost in the gym so i knwo what I do works.

I assure you im absorbing alot more then you think. or i would have liquid **** for the amount i take in.........
    LG Sciences Board Rep
    These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, do not constitute medical advice, and are not official or authorized comments by LG Sciences, LLC.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Answers

Well Im not exactly saying hes off though. If he has different shakes like say egg protein, this might not be the worst idea. I hope he comes back to shed some light on this.
    yah not just whey but 70-80% total of the day is, but not all on one sitting and i do have lower digesting ones usually 2 shakes a day (one at night and mid day)
    LG Sciences Board Rep
    These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, do not constitute medical advice, and are not official or authorized comments by LG Sciences, LLC.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Answers

I use MJ to help with my back pain from car accedent, and help me sleep (partly due to pain also) nothing like some kush/ cannabis indica.
    LG Sciences Board Rep
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Answers

doesnt THC raise estrogen?
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.
    Answers

The only thing that sucks about marijuana is the smoking aspect of it. If you can avoid it making you lazy then everything else is great about it. I love to enjoy after working out. Not all the time, but sometimes it's great.

If you're really down on the smoking aspect of it, try vaporizing. Even vaporizing isn't 100% safe on the lungs, so if you have the resources, make some of that green butter and prepare food. The buzz is more intense and you're not contaminating the lungs.

The wave of the future is pot edibles, and I believe that. The only problem is that by smoking you can make it last longer.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  210 lbs.
    Answers

Eh, it makes me feel more sore for some reason.
    Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. -Rippetoe
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ReyMan View Post
    doesnt THC raise estrogen?
    im sure the test im using would be more of a concern lol :-P
    they do say that. during puberty i would say dont use the herb, for those resones though.
    LG Sciences Board Rep
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by thaOrleanyte View Post
    Eh, it makes me feel more sore for some reason.
    all the lifting of them chips man! lol jks jks
    LG Sciences Board Rep
  11. n87
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Answers

It seems like pot is really good post WO supplement, I wonder if anyone uses meth for pre WO. I hear it gives a user bursts of energy, alertness etc.
    I believe most people are essentially good. I know that I am. It's you I'm not entirely sure of.
    ― Stephen King.
  12. Registered User
    Answers

ok, let me first say that I joined the forums just to address this issue. I use to smoke the herb for many years and always thought it was Soooo great for relaxation and eating more. Well, for anyone looking to get bigger or have good test levels should NEVER smoke weed.

Heres why: "Most of the Common testosterone drugs such as cypionate, propionate and enanthate also note breast tissue growth as a common side effect. Other drugs that influence the ESTROGEN receptors are GH (growth hormone), thyroid drugs, Valium and yes, even Marijuana" pg72 Anabolic Primer [I]Ergogenic Enhancement for the Hardcore Bodybuilder[I] Gerard Thorone.

I hope that this clears up SOOOOOO much of the confusion about this topic. Dnt get me wrong, weed should be legal and w.e but it should NOT be part of you stack. If you want to stay small and probably get gyno, go for it. Not to mention, if your on any kind of gear you are wasting your money
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Stri8ted25
    ok, let me first say that I joined the forums just to address this issue. I use to smoke the herb for many years and always thought it was Soooo great for relaxation and eating more. Well, for anyone looking to get bigger or have good test levels should NEVER smoke weed.

Heres why: "Most of the Common testosterone drugs such as cypionate, propionate and enanthate also note breast tissue growth as a common side effect. Other drugs that influence the ESTROGEN receptors are GH (growth hormone), thyroid drugs, Valium and yes, even Marijuana" pg72 Anabolic Primer Ergogenic Enhancement for the Hardcore Bodybuilder Gerard Thorone.

I hope that this clears up SOOOOOO much of the confusion about this topic. Dnt get me wrong, weed should be legal and w.e but it should NOT be part of you stack. If you want to stay small and probably get gyno, go for it. Not to mention, if your on any kind of gear you are wasting your money
    There's negative sides to anything IF you abuse it. Be in control and do not do alotnofnmuscle everything
  14. Registered User
    Answers

^^^ Im sorry, I fail to understand that last part.
    "Be in control and do not do alotnofnmuscle everything"
    Most negative side effects are usually associated with negative things to begin with. Im not trying to sound like a douche I just want to make sure people know that if you smoke, vape, eat, inject weed, you will increase estrogen output in your body.
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Stri8ted25 View Post
    Heres why: "Most of the Common testosterone drugs such as cypionate, propionate and enanthate also note breast tissue growth as a common side effect. Other drugs that influence the ESTROGEN receptors are GH (growth hormone), thyroid drugs, Valium and yes, even Marijuana" pg72 Anabolic Primer [I]Ergogenic Enhancement for the Hardcore Bodybuilder[I] Gerard Thorone.
    i dont think ur gunna talk anyone out of smoking weed. if we smoke already, we most likely dont give a fuhk about the negatives u have to share
    -It's not about what you're doing, it's about how you're doing it.
  16. Registered User
    Answers

easy big guy. Im not trying to get people to stop smoking weed. I love the herb. I just choose not to smoke anymore because I like the extra energy and mass gains. Toke up bro....This thread is just about the SCIENCE behind smoking weed and how it affects the body, not the politics.
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  230 lbs.
    Answers

easy big guy. Im not trying to get people to stop smoking weed. I love the herb. I just choose not to smoke anymore because I like the extra energy and mass gains. Toke up bro....This thread is just about the SCIENCE behind smoking weed and how it affects the body, not the politics.
    I've quit from time to time, and i also enjoy the extra energy throughout the day, but the benefits are too great for me. It's nice when unwinding from the gym. But I mostly like it for helping me sleep. People underestimate how important sleep is to building muscle. I've havent stopped making mass gains, and i've been smoking weed longer than ive been lifting weights.
    -It's not about what you're doing, it's about how you're doing it.
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Answers

^^^ Im sorry, I fail to understand that last part. Most negative side effects are usually associated with negative things to begin with. Im not trying to sound like a douche I just want to make sure people know that if you smoke, vape, eat, inject weed, you will increase estrogen output in your body.
    Lmfao sorry I was typing on my iPhone
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by n87
    It seems like pot is really good post WO supplement, I wonder if anyone uses meth for pre WO. I hear it gives a user bursts of energy, alertness etc.
    Well no, people use ephedrine not psuedo-ephedrine(meth) preworkout. Granted, meth is highly concentrated psuedo ephedrine. And thc is NOT CANCEROUS. Thats the government putting out false info. Seriously try to find cases of cancer caused by mj alone. There are none. In fact some cannabiniods in marijuana prevent some cancers and also against alzhiemers. Hence MEDICAL marijuana being perscribed to cancer patients.
    you can lead a man to knowledge, but you cant make him think.
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.
    Answers

^^^ Im sorry, I fail to understand that last part. Most negative side effects are usually associated with negative things to begin with. Im not trying to sound like a douche I just want to make sure people know that if you smoke, vape, eat, inject weed, you will increase estrogen output in your body.
    Inject weed? Im a pothead not a heroine addict. And so you assume that the text u quoted is 100% correct? Seriously lil wayne smokes massive amounts of weed and hes fuggin huge
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Answers

I smoke 1 blunt w/ my friend @ night time; im not the type to smoke a couple of days like a pot head. I enjoy 1 and its a small dime nothing crazy. But I can go days w/out smoking I wouldn't say I'm addicted. I enjoy it but plain and simple too much of anything is bad for the human body. Keep that in check when smoking weed and you will be fine
  22. Registered User
    Answers

Inject weed? Im a pothead not a heroine addict. And so you assume that the text u quoted is 100% correct? Seriously lil wayne smokes massive amounts of weed and hes fuggin huge
    I was being silly, just saying that THC triggers increased estrogen release. I hope no one is injecting it.lol If anyone in here knows anything about Gerard Thorne and his Numerous books on Bodybuilding, then that should be credible enough. That is why I quoted him, b/c he is a very credible source. O and lil wayne is 5'5", 140lbs not exactly my idol when I comes to bodybuilding. All the people trying to justify weed smoking as part of their work out regimin is actually very funny. And MOST of those cancer patients be put on medical herb are Terminal (going to die.lol) cancer patients.

By the way, I USE to smoke blunts daily (w friends) then after about two years i started getting a lil brown/black flem I would cough up after hard cardio. Then went to vaping and eventually stopped all together. You should probably check out what those blunt papers are made of, b/c I can tell you for 100% truth they are cancerous. lol
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Answers

hahaha @ the Lil' Wayne being huge comment.
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.
    Answers

He looks a lot bigger than 140..
  25. Registered User
    Answers

I looked it up, (google: how much does lil wayne weigh) it says between 135-145. I could look like R.Coleman if someone takes my pic from the floor.lol Lighting and camera angles are VERY deceiving.
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Answers

Checked back on this thread after a while and just want to say totally impressed with everyone's different opinions and idea's about the efectivness of weed and weightlifting. I personally have cut out weed from my life, I can't afford to slow my mind down.
  27. Registered User
    Answers

Literally, More power to ya.
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.
    Answers

it increases dopamine?

idk maybe that will help some people justify smoking bud.
    The difference between who you are and who you want to be is what you do.
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.
    Answers

It used to be essential for helping me get food down when 1,3dimeth would make me too sick to eat. Now Im done with 1,3 dimeth.
    Yes, good point. I was thinking as well... If one were to use stims and follow an IF type diet, you could pack a small bowl with some good dro and pack down some good, quality calories within an 8 hour time window with the munchies.
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.
    Answers

I was being silly, just saying that THC triggers increased estrogen release. I hope no one is injecting it.lol If anyone in here knows anything about Gerard Thorne and his Numerous books on Bodybuilding, then that should be credible enough. That is why I quoted him, b/c he is a very credible source. O and lil wayne is 5'5", 140lbs not exactly my idol when I comes to bodybuilding. All the people trying to justify weed smoking as part of their work out regimin is actually very funny. And MOST of those cancer patients be put on medical herb are Terminal (going to die.lol) cancer patients.

By the way, I USE to smoke blunts daily (w friends) then after about two years i started getting a lil brown/black flem I would cough up after hard cardio. Then went to vaping and eventually stopped all together. You should probably check out what those blunt papers are made of, b/c I can tell you for 100% truth they are cancerous. lol
    I hope your health remains well, brother. I'm sure you'll be ok now though after stopping the blunts. I prefer vaping or using a bubbler.
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  240 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Force of Green View Post
    I hope your health remains well, brother. I'm sure you'll be ok now though after stopping the blunts. I prefer vaping or using a bubbler.
    Couldnt give reputation. Whats a blubber?
  32. Registered User
    Answers

Whats a blubber
    Name:  img10.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  44.7 KB
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Im reduced to using a lightbulb vape cuz im poor. Plus my guy isn't answering his phone.. Looks like I might have to quit early.. Dammit..
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  195 lbs.
    Answers

For the time being, the arguments for and against are all null and void considering every bit of research done is entirely conflicting. It has so far never been consistently proven that it has an effect or does not. Longer term studies do tend to lean towards it having NO effect on hormone levels, both testosterone and estrogen, however, as said before this has yet to be consistently demonstrated in subsequent studies.

Personally, I'm of the BELIEF that it is better for you on a conditional basis (Ex. Bulking) as it stimulates hunger, helps you relax, and helps to put you to sleep. All three of those things being key components in enabling growth as any bodybuilder should know.

Just because some news agency took a result out of context from ONE study that estrogen is raised and testosterone lowered, then suddenly that must be the truth. The same is true for the opposite, if a source said it increased testosterone and lowered estrogen and that was reported, suddenly everyone would be scouring for it like the next big muscle building supplement. All I'm trying to get across here is for people to do what they believe works for them. Listen to your body, not Fox News....LoL. Call it "broscience" if you want, I'll smoke and be happy.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/1935564/

Cliff Notes: Chronic marijuana use showed no significant effect on hormone concentrations in either men or women.

http://jpet.aspetjournals.org/conten...2/404.abstract

Cliff Notes: Cannabis extract in large doses exhibited neither estrogenic nor antiestrogenic effects. Thus, although estrogen receptor binding activity was observed in crude marijuana extract, marijuana smoke condensate and several known components of cannabis, direct estrogenic activity of cannabis extract could not be demonstrated in vivo.

http://www.ukcia.org/research/EndocrineEffects.pdf

Cliff Notes: A suppressive effect is seen on reproductive hormones, prolactin, growth hormone, and the thyroid axis, while the HPA axis is activated. Many of the responses observed, however, are lost with chronic administration, which is likely due to the development of tolerance. Studies in humans have had inconsistent resukts which may reflect differences in study design, stage in menstrual cycle, or the development in tolerance. Long-term effects on the various endocrine systems have not been clearly demonstrated, and clinical consequences, if present, are likely to be subtle.
    Needtobuildmuscle N2Burn Log - http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/183590-brunos-burnin-needtobuildmuscle.html
  35. Registered User
    Answers

Yea, i guess thats why all the IFBB's are using it as part of their supplementation. The biggest bulking secret in bodybuliding....WEED.lol
  36. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  195 lbs.
    Answers

Haha really they are??? Oh snap I'm gonna sell this as a alternative to superdrol :P
    Needtobuildmuscle N2Burn Log - http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/183590-brunos-burnin-needtobuildmuscle.html
  37. Registered User
    Answers

Oh snap I'm gonna sell this as a alternative to superdrol :P
    Well it is easier on the liver i guess.lol
  38. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.
    Answers

Everyone needs to come over to my place sometime and we'll light up and have a good ol' time!
  39. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.
    Answers

gravity bong anyone?

i love bumping some cypress hill when i blaze

btw platinum bubba is g2g

or when im gone i turn on TV mute it, turn on stereo full blast and it trips u out cus music and tv almost synchronize. its weird
    The difference between who you are and who you want to be is what you do.
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Answers

I would totez blaze post workout so i could grub, but i hate the feeling of being high :/
    Getting back into the swing of things
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Rate this Post Workout shake, and post yours.
    By Theipodpeople in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-17-2008, 11:12 AM
  2. post post workout meal and diet -- HELP/THOUGHTS
    By beebab in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-17-2007, 01:08 AM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-14-2007, 10:52 AM
  4. Post your pre/post workout nutrition regimens...
    By TMack40 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 04-06-2003, 05:21 AM
  5. Post your pre/post workout nutrition regimens...
    By TMack40 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-21-2002, 09:10 PM