Post workout Marijuana use?

Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by kingdong
    Well Im not exactly saying hes off though. If he has different shakes like say egg protein, this might not be the worst idea. I hope he comes back to shed some light on this.
    I know that egg and cassein protein burns slow and I understand that every1 also have different lives but if you have the time to eat whole foods I'd say do so. But if that's the way you are able to get your nutrition so be it

2. Quote Originally Posted by ripped_k1d View Post
    I workout for 1-1.5 hours a day and after drink a protein shake and smoke a bowl of some fine California grown medical grade marijuana. It helps with muscle relaxation and improves my appetite. What do you guys think?
    I simply hate weed!
    •   

3. I would think that post-workout MJ would do you good, being that it slows the CNS down after a hard training session and relaxes you. Whether or not you're looking for the extra food intake is clearly a matter of preference.

4. Quote Originally Posted by shocknyou View Post
    I simply hate weed!
    You could'nt handle it eh?
    Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free.
    -Jim Morrison

5. Quote Originally Posted by TheMeatus101 View Post
    You could'nt handle it eh?
    LOL. Haters.
    •   

6. I smoke just about every day and I'm in great shape. I lift and do cardio. Now, I'm sure if I didn't smoke I would be in a little better shape, but I don't play any sports, therefore I choose marijuana over having a little extra edge.

I'm 25, have been smoking regularly for close to 4 years and I'm in better shape now than I was when I started smoking. Yeah, there are negative consequences to be had, but that comes with a lot of things. You have to pick and choose your poison, just make sure your poison is da bomb digity.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Type O Hero
    I smoke just about every day and I'm in great shape. I lift and do cardio. Now, I'm sure if I didn't smoke I would be in a little better shape, but I don't play any sports, therefore I choose marijuana over having a little extra edge.

I'm 25, have been smoking regularly for close to 4 years and I'm in better shape now than I was when I started smoking. Yeah, there are negative consequences to be had, but that comes with a lot of things. You have to pick and choose your poison, just make sure your poison is da bomb digity.
    I think aslong as you don't spend all day smoking like a damn hippy your gonna be cool. I only smoke once @ night time w/ my buddy and just like you I lift and do cardio. Weed helped memoir on some lean muscle mass IMO cuz of the "munchies" lol but my munchies are good munchies lime chicken and such not ding-dongs and chips. Added calories outside of my 6 CLEAN meals never hurt nobody =)

8. so glad to see that you guys had such differing opinions on MMJ and post workout nutrition.

9. Well I could care less if someone smokes weed or not (I would if my job allowed it), but I think the idea that it's helping in a post or pre workout sense is wrong and is probably just a bunch of broscience at best.

By all means smoke it if you've got it, but the idea that it's helping things is probably just flat wrong. Unless someone can point to me a few studies showing otherwise. Honestly it just seems from reading this thread as if some people are arguing that MJ is going to enhance the physique or the gains and I'd say both of those are probably incorrect though granted I haven't looked at a lot of the science on the issue.

10. Well, I wont say that I have ay science. But I remember being 17, having a beat up body from a summer of seriously overtraining, smoking some good kind bud and waking up the next day feeling like a lot of my kinks had been unloosened. Dont know about timing, but i really do feel like it has its place in fitness.

11. Quote Originally Posted by Force of Green View Post
    I would think that post-workout MJ would do you good, being that it slows the CNS down after a hard training session and relaxes you. Whether or not you're looking for the extra food intake is clearly a matter of preference.
    It used to be essential for helping me get food down when 1,3dimeth would make me too sick to eat. Now Im done with 1,3 dimeth.

12. Quote Originally Posted by kingdong View Post
    Well, I wont say that I have ay science. But I remember being 17, having a beat up body from a summer of seriously overtraining, smoking some good kind bud and waking up the next day feeling like a lot of my kinks had been unloosened. Dont know about timing, but i really do feel like it has its place in fitness.
    This is complete broscience though is what I'm getting at. The idea that because one day you woke up feeling better after smoking marijuana literally means nothing as to it's place in fitness. It's about as useful as saying you played PS2 that night and think it had something to do with how you felt.

One time I got high and felt relaxed the next day just doesn't do anything for your argument. That's what I'm getting at, this thread is literally nothing but broscience as far as the "positive" effects of MJ in regards to working out.

Again this isn't something I've studied in depth, but you have to be high if you don't see where I'm coming from.

13. I do not eat meat
    i take in 4-5 shakes a day and 3-4 meals a day. whats your point?
    ohhj and 2 chakes are casin ad whey the other three are only whey.
    im bigger thenmost in the gym so i knwo what I do works.

I assure you im absorbing alot more then you think. or i would have liquid **** for the amount i take in.........
    LG Sciences Board Rep
    These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, do not constitute medical advice, and are not official or authorized comments by LG Sciences, LLC.

14. Quote Originally Posted by kingdong View Post
    Well Im not exactly saying hes off though. If he has different shakes like say egg protein, this might not be the worst idea. I hope he comes back to shed some light on this.
    yah not just whey but 70-80% total of the day is, but not all on one sitting and i do have lower digesting ones usually 2 shakes a day (one at night and mid day)
    LG Sciences Board Rep
    These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, do not constitute medical advice, and are not official or authorized comments by LG Sciences, LLC.

15. I use MJ to help with my back pain from car accedent, and help me sleep (partly due to pain also) nothing like some kush/ cannabis indica.
    LG Sciences Board Rep

16. doesnt THC raise estrogen?

17. The only thing that sucks about marijuana is the smoking aspect of it. If you can avoid it making you lazy then everything else is great about it. I love to enjoy after working out. Not all the time, but sometimes it's great.

If you're really down on the smoking aspect of it, try vaporizing. Even vaporizing isn't 100% safe on the lungs, so if you have the resources, make some of that green butter and prepare food. The buzz is more intense and you're not contaminating the lungs.

The wave of the future is pot edibles, and I believe that. The only problem is that by smoking you can make it last longer.

18. Eh, it makes me feel more sore for some reason.
    Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. -Rippetoe

19. Quote Originally Posted by ReyMan View Post
    doesnt THC raise estrogen?
    im sure the test im using would be more of a concern lol :-P
    they do say that. during puberty i would say dont use the herb, for those resones though.
    LG Sciences Board Rep

20. Quote Originally Posted by thaOrleanyte View Post
    Eh, it makes me feel more sore for some reason.
    all the lifting of them chips man! lol jks jks
    LG Sciences Board Rep

21. It seems like pot is really good post WO supplement, I wonder if anyone uses meth for pre WO. I hear it gives a user bursts of energy, alertness etc.
    I believe most people are essentially good. I know that I am. It's you I'm not entirely sure of.
    ― Stephen King.

22. ok, let me first say that I joined the forums just to address this issue. I use to smoke the herb for many years and always thought it was Soooo great for relaxation and eating more. Well, for anyone looking to get bigger or have good test levels should NEVER smoke weed.

Heres why: "Most of the Common testosterone drugs such as cypionate, propionate and enanthate also note breast tissue growth as a common side effect. Other drugs that influence the ESTROGEN receptors are GH (growth hormone), thyroid drugs, Valium and yes, even Marijuana" pg72 Anabolic Primer [I]Ergogenic Enhancement for the Hardcore Bodybuilder[I] Gerard Thorone.

I hope that this clears up SOOOOOO much of the confusion about this topic. Dnt get me wrong, weed should be legal and w.e but it should NOT be part of you stack. If you want to stay small and probably get gyno, go for it. Not to mention, if your on any kind of gear you are wasting your money

23. Quote Originally Posted by Stri8ted25
    ok, let me first say that I joined the forums just to address this issue. I use to smoke the herb for many years and always thought it was Soooo great for relaxation and eating more. Well, for anyone looking to get bigger or have good test levels should NEVER smoke weed.

Heres why: "Most of the Common testosterone drugs such as cypionate, propionate and enanthate also note breast tissue growth as a common side effect. Other drugs that influence the ESTROGEN receptors are GH (growth hormone), thyroid drugs, Valium and yes, even Marijuana" pg72 Anabolic Primer Ergogenic Enhancement for the Hardcore Bodybuilder Gerard Thorone.

I hope that this clears up SOOOOOO much of the confusion about this topic. Dnt get me wrong, weed should be legal and w.e but it should NOT be part of you stack. If you want to stay small and probably get gyno, go for it. Not to mention, if your on any kind of gear you are wasting your money
    There's negative sides to anything IF you abuse it. Be in control and do not do alotnofnmuscle everything

24. ^^^ Im sorry, I fail to understand that last part.
    "Be in control and do not do alotnofnmuscle everything"
    Most negative side effects are usually associated with negative things to begin with. Im not trying to sound like a douche I just want to make sure people know that if you smoke, vape, eat, inject weed, you will increase estrogen output in your body.

25. Quote Originally Posted by Stri8ted25 View Post
    ok, let me first say that I joined the forums just to address this issue. I use to smoke the herb for many years and always thought it was Soooo great for relaxation and eating more. Well, for anyone looking to get bigger or have good test levels should NEVER smoke weed.
    Heres why: "Most of the Common testosterone drugs such as cypionate, propionate and enanthate also note breast tissue growth as a common side effect. Other drugs that influence the ESTROGEN receptors are GH (growth hormone), thyroid drugs, Valium and yes, even Marijuana" pg72 Anabolic Primer [I]Ergogenic Enhancement for the Hardcore Bodybuilder[I] Gerard Thorone.
    i dont think ur gunna talk anyone out of smoking weed. if we smoke already, we most likely dont give a fuhk about the negatives u have to share
    -It's not about what you're doing, it's about how you're doing it.

26. easy big guy. Im not trying to get people to stop smoking weed. I love the herb. I just choose not to smoke anymore because I like the extra energy and mass gains. Toke up bro....This thread is just about the SCIENCE behind smoking weed and how it affects the body, not the politics.

27. Quote Originally Posted by Stri8ted25 View Post
    easy big guy. Im not trying to get people to stop smoking weed. I love the herb. I just choose not to smoke anymore because I like the extra energy and mass gains. Toke up bro....This thread is just about the SCIENCE behind smoking weed and how it affects the body, not the politics.
    I've quit from time to time, and i also enjoy the extra energy throughout the day, but the benefits are too great for me. It's nice when unwinding from the gym. But I mostly like it for helping me sleep. People underestimate how important sleep is to building muscle. I've havent stopped making mass gains, and i've been smoking weed longer than ive been lifting weights.
    -It's not about what you're doing, it's about how you're doing it.

28. Quote Originally Posted by Stri8ted25
    ^^^ Im sorry, I fail to understand that last part. Most negative side effects are usually associated with negative things to begin with. Im not trying to sound like a douche I just want to make sure people know that if you smoke, vape, eat, inject weed, you will increase estrogen output in your body.
    Lmfao sorry I was typing on my iPhone

29. Quote Originally Posted by n87
    It seems like pot is really good post WO supplement, I wonder if anyone uses meth for pre WO. I hear it gives a user bursts of energy, alertness etc.
    Well no, people use ephedrine not psuedo-ephedrine(meth) preworkout. Granted, meth is highly concentrated psuedo ephedrine. And thc is NOT CANCEROUS. Thats the government putting out false info. Seriously try to find cases of cancer caused by mj alone. There are none. In fact some cannabiniods in marijuana prevent some cancers and also against alzhiemers. Hence MEDICAL marijuana being perscribed to cancer patients.
    you can lead a man to knowledge, but you cant make him think.

30. Quote Originally Posted by Stri8ted25
    ^^^ Im sorry, I fail to understand that last part. Most negative side effects are usually associated with negative things to begin with. Im not trying to sound like a douche I just want to make sure people know that if you smoke, vape, eat, inject weed, you will increase estrogen output in your body.
    Inject weed? Im a pothead not a heroine addict. And so you assume that the text u quoted is 100% correct? Seriously lil wayne smokes massive amounts of weed and hes fuggin huge
    you can lead a man to knowledge, but you cant make him think.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Rate this Post Workout shake, and post yours.
    By Theipodpeople in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-17-2008, 12:12 PM
  2. post post workout meal and diet -- HELP/THOUGHTS
    By beebab in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-17-2007, 02:08 AM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-14-2007, 11:52 AM
  4. Post your pre/post workout nutrition regimens...
    By TMack40 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 04-06-2003, 06:21 AM
  5. Post your pre/post workout nutrition regimens...
    By TMack40 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-21-2002, 10:10 PM