Training Voodoo Magic

iron addict

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Training Voodoo Magic

I was out the other night and of course I had a few people come up and give me the usual "so you must workout a lot". This one guy tells me about his current routine and asks for some advice. I had a few (bunch) of drinks so I decided to **** with him a little and started telling him about a secret east German lifting routine that was done 2 x a day with 3 sets of three reps one days 1, 3 , and 5. And 6 sets of 6 reps on days 2, 4, and 6. 3 exercises a body-part rotated every 3 weeks.

The guy was hanging on his chair all excited to try this new "wonder" system. I finally cracked-up and told him that was a bunch of bullshit and would only overtrain the **** out of him and he'd never grow on it. When I told him about the type of routine I really did and recommended he REALLY thought I was fucking with him.

I explained you don't need to do a bunch of stuff, but had to get real strong on the basic lifts, squats, deadlifts, benches, rows, etc. And in fact, doing too much just over-trained you and made it impossible to grow. He was totally convinced I was still fucking with him and the workout I described could never work for anyone because it was so brief and done so infrequently.

He was MUCH more impressed with the voodoo magic workout I made up. Most people are. They read the voodoo routines in the magazines and see all the little guys (and some of the big guys) doing the super-muscle-blasting-5-6 day a week routine of the champs and truly believe this is what productive training consists of........if they only knew the truth.

Iron Addict