AC joint issues

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. I would advise seeing a Dr or physical therapist. I had the same problem back in 2006 and ended up having surgery and after almost 5 years im just really getting my strength back and will never have full range of motion again. If your susceptible to impingement then the more you work out the more damage you will do.

2. Quote Originally Posted by biggfoot70 View Post
    I would advise seeing a Dr or physical therapist. I had the same problem back in 2006 and ended up having surgery and after almost 5 years im just really getting my strength back and will never have full range of motion again. If your susceptible to impingement then the more you work out the more damage you will do.
    If his funds or insurance permit him too. Problem is, alot of people dont have good health coverage or any at all (been a national issue for awhile I know), and pain is something people live with and dont seek professional advice for until they cant brush their teeth anymore. But yes, it would be wise to get a professional opinion, maybe more than one, and preferably a PT over a GP.
    Suffer now.. and live like a champion later.
    •   

3. you know guys, ive been doing YTLWI raises when i get a chance and staying away from Barbell bench and so far pain free. 90% of my workouts are BJJ/wrestling so theres not a whole lot of weight lifting to further aggravate the joint. so i guess strengthening the scapia (sp) does pull the shoulders back and relieves the tension.
    BJJ = life
  4. sizematters10

Quote Originally Posted by AntonG42O View Post
    you know guys, ive been doing YTLWI raises when i get a chance and staying away from Barbell bench and so far pain free. 90% of my workouts are BJJ/wrestling so theres not a whole lot of weight lifting to further aggravate the joint. so i guess strengthening the scapia (sp) does pull the shoulders back and relieves the tension.

is there a link to explain how to strengthen the scapia. and good to hear on the improvement! i also think im going to start with those warm up exercises a previous poster gave a link too.

5. Quote Originally Posted by sizematters10 View Post
    is there a link to explain how to strengthen the scapia. and good to hear on the improvement! i also think im going to start with those warm up exercises a previous poster gave a link too.
    i havent looked for anything about it online, just what i was told. what i understand is that working your traps as well as rear delt exercises and YTLWI will help.
    BJJ = life

6. The scapula is a bone that makes up part of the shoulder complex and can be stabalized by strengthening the muscles around it, the serratus anterior primarily:

7. sizematters10

ok im getting the gist of it, but that exercise in sets of 8? really doesnt seem lke enough to develop that muscle area. but i could be wrong i will start throwing them in on my back day. know of any other good ones specifically for that?

8. thats the primary action of that particular muscle. You could do the same motion standing with cables or bands.

Upper back exercises for the rhomboids and traps will perhaps add to dynamic stabalization of that joint (the scapulothoracic joint).

9. M.Ed. Ex Phys

Similar Forum Threads

1. has any one had joint issues with these
    By BladeNP in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-26-2011, 12:56 PM
  2. How much Var will offset joint issues from Winni?
    By synergyAM in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-30-2010, 01:28 AM
  3. Joint Issues
    By saludable24 in forum Get Diesel Nutrition
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-24-2009, 04:51 AM
  4. New here & having some issues.
    By James Howlett in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-06-2006, 08:42 AM
  5. Max LMG issues