Chiropractic / Musculoskeletal / Joint pain Q & A...

Page 12 of 13 First ... 10111213 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by p.c.t View Post
    Hi!! thanks for the reply!
    yes i m sure is the acromion...
    i didnt do any exercises that will affect my acromion for a week..and the result was to feel more pain..
    so i decided to do a little bit of an exercises for my shoulders carefully and that worked..i feel already that the pain is not tha strong.
    i believe it will cure soon.
    its not the rotator cuffs neither biceps tentonitis , but in the beggining i think that it was something of these two..then i realise that was the acromion..now i press the acromion and i have pain there that my trapezius connect..
    sorry i can explain it more detail..!
    Well the biceps brachii originates on the supraglenoid fossa right under the acromion, is why i mentioned that. Could still be supraspinatus impingement or perhaps trapezius tendonitis as you alluded to. Let us know if you have anymore questions
    Suffer now.. and live like a champion later.

2. Bezoe... is it me or are you getting Freaking HUGE? Your Avatar looks Awesome Bro! Homo... no-Homo, I don't give a FUGGGG, Looking Huge Brotha! If your back gets any bigger I'm gonna start calling you "BatMan" throw you off a building and watch you spread them lats and glide down like a flying squirrel!
    Dr. Albert Scott Representative for FINAFLEX
    www.finaflex.com
    Redefine Yourself..... REDEFINE EVERYTHING!
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by ScottyDoc View Post
    Bezoe... is it me or are you getting Freaking HUGE? Your Avatar looks Awesome Bro! Homo... no-Homo, I don't give a FUGGGG, Looking Huge Brotha! If your back gets any bigger I'm gonna start calling you "BatMan" throw you off a building and watch you spread them lats and glide down like a flying squirrel!
    I LOL'd literally.

Actually that pic is from april. But im sure my back is still that big lol. Everybody asks what i do for it.. The boys say i look like an eclipse lol haha. its all genetics- I cant get a big chest for **** .

4. my calfs have grown and become better but mildly sore with vibrams. I use them on the track for running 200 and 400s. Help with pose running and getting me to drive through hips and relax the shoulders
    ...::: Olympus Labs Representative :::...
    Crossfit - DEMIGOD -

5. Quote Originally Posted by runner_79 View Post
    my calfs have grown and become better but mildly sore with vibrams. I use them on the track for running 200 and 400s. Help with pose running and getting me to drive through hips and relax the shoulders
    I thought you ran distance.. what is pose running?
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by bezoe View Post
    I thought you ran distance.. what is pose running?
    It is when you stand in front of a mirror and strike a pose like you are running, I mean you flex your muscles and put a strained look on your face and everything! It is actually pretty cool, I like to do it when I am standing in the back of a flat-bed truck moving at around 60mph so if you take a picture everything behind you is really blurry so it makes you look like you are running really fast!
    www.finaflex.com

7. Quote Originally Posted by bezoe View Post
    I LOL'd literally.

Actually that pic is from april. But im sure my back is still that big lol. Everybody asks what i do for it.. The boys say i look like an eclipse lol haha. its all genetics- I cant get a big chest for **** .
    Bezoe the Flying Squirrel! Kind of like Bozoe the Clown, but way cooler!

www.finaflex.com

8. runner_79... Hey Bro, I was not poking fun at you, I just got a bad case of Smart-A$$ and I like to joke around & have fun! "It's like a gift, sometimes I just can't control it!" The Girl Next Door ​and I obviously like to quote movies!
    www.finaflex.com

9. All good doc!!! Us Aussies do have a sense of humor hahaha.
    How are you man?
    I was watchin law abiding citizen last night. Seen it?bad ass movie lol
    Crossfit - DEMIGOD -

10. Quote Originally Posted by runner_79 View Post
    All good doc!!! Us Aussies do have a sense of humor hahaha.
    How are you man?
    I was watchin law abiding citizen last night. Seen it?bad ass movie lol
    Good to know that you guys have a sense of Humor, Australia is my number 1 travel destination, I have not been out of the USA but a handful of times, mostly like Mexico & the Carribean, but in the future, I must experience Australia, definitely high on the bucket-list for sure!

I am good, "Law Abiding Citizen" was pretty good, The best movie I've seen lately was the new "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" I liked how well it flowed and how realistic they made it seem, as in the possibility of it all. My favorite movie of all times is probably "Man on Fire" but I like all types, of course I am a superhero buff, so I like almost all of the Marvel and DC movies that have come out lately!
    www.finaflex.com

11. Man On Fire is the bomb. One of my favs of all time.
    Need a place to stay, let me know
    Crossfit - DEMIGOD -

12. Quote Originally Posted by runner_79 View Post
    Man On Fire is the bomb. One of my favs of all time.
    Need a place to stay, let me know
    Wish I could say that my trip plans to Australia would be in the near future, but I currently have 2yrs left in Nursing School and my financial situation at this time would not allow such a trip I will get there, I promise, there is just so much I want to see, I'm a huge animal & Wild Life advocate and the wildlife and scenery in Australia seems to top all other places by a long shot (in my opinion)! I gotta dive the Great Barrier Reef, I have to see a Salt Water Croc up and personal, definitely gotta catch me a few snakes, you name it I got a list Brotha!
    www.finaflex.com

13. Catch a kangaroo?
    Kiss a barramundi?
    Pat a dingo?

dangerous hahah. Kangaroo have enough force to paralyze with a kick. Dingos are like wolves lol
    Crossfit - DEMIGOD -

14. And tell me about it, money is tight and I'm
    Looking for a job.uni life makes if hard for work due to class schedules
    Crossfit - DEMIGOD -

15. Quote Originally Posted by runner_79 View Post
    Catch a kangaroo?
    Kiss a barramundi?
    Pat a dingo?

dangerous hahah. Kangaroo have enough force to paralyze with a kick. Dingos are like wolves lol
    I would rather tangle with a Dingo than a Kangaroo, seriously! Not gonna out-run either one of them, but one on one, I just think I have a better chance of surviving the Dingo, now that is straight up tangle with, like fight for my life, but as far as which I would rather be in proximity with, I'd rather be near a Kangaroo, would probably not mess with me if I didn't mess with it, I could be wrong, you would probably know better than me?
    www.finaflex.com

16. Adrenaline
    Crossfit - DEMIGOD -

17. Quote Originally Posted by runner_79 View Post
    Catch a kangaroo?
    Kiss a barramundi?
    Pat a dingo?

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyDoc View Post
    I would rather tangle with a Dingo than a Kangaroo, seriously! Not gonna out-run either one of them, but one on one, I just think I have a better chance of surviving the Dingo, now that is straight up tangle with, like fight for my life, but as far as which I would rather be in proximity with, I'd rather be near a Kangaroo, would probably not mess with me if I didn't mess with it, I could be wrong, you would probably know better than me?
    Me too if there was only one Dingo. Teeth and knails is all there is to worry but there not arms legs and tail. Maybe I should stick to the Koala they may have long nails but a good punt in combat boots should do the trick...
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

18. And they bite too lol..be careful
    Crossfit - DEMIGOD -

19. Quote Originally Posted by runner_79 View Post
    And they bite too lol..be careful
    Yeah, they might bite and tear up your hands and wrists, but once you punt that LiL Fugger like a football, it's all over, LoL!
    www.finaflex.com

20. Trivia...is Back!!!

Today's Trivia Question will be post at 2:30pm Eastern Standard time...

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/168461-redefine-nutriton-weightlifting-50.html#post3059499
    www.finaflex.com

21. Through research online and reading similar threads on weightlifting forums I have come to the conclusion that I have a bulging or compressed disc in my neck. Over the past month I have re-aggravated it a few times. Once with DB shrugs, once with seated Arnold presses, and once while washing my hair in the shower (lol). When it happened in the shower it cracked twice and hurt like hell of days afterwards. I've been doing neck retraction/extension (can't remember exactly what they're called) from the Mackenzie method book and it helps. It involves stretching my head/neck backwards (to where my chin would be at the top of my chest for example) 8-10 times, then for another 8-10 times repeating the movement but at the end, while neck is still retracted, looking up at the ceiling and moving my nose back and forth a few times very slowly. Doing that every 2 hours, every day.

After staying out of the gym and doing those exercises the pain goes away, then I manage to aggravate it again after a few workouts. This is killing me. I need the gym.

I am about to the point where the pain is gone, except for if my posture slips up and I'm seated in a slumped fashion. I think it just built up over time. I never knew sleeping on your stomach was bad, and that's the way I've slept my entire life. I'm 24 years old. I have since quit doing that and sleep on my side with an orthopedic pillow my dad gave me which he used after his surgery for degenerative disc disease. It seems to be better than using regular pillows. But I have a feeling that if I get back in the gym I will re-aggravate it.

I have learned more that overhead presses and shrugs are very bad for people with this type of reoccuring injury. Bodyweight exercises like squats and regular/incline pushups don't seem to bother me, nor do very light curls. That's all I can really do outside of the gym with no equipment.

When I go back to the gym, what exercises should I avoid? Should I not do back squats because the barbell being on the top of my back would possibly reaggravate it? What can I do to workout shoulders without being able to do overhead press movements? Are shrugs for traps out of the question? Since deadlifts work traps is that a bad idea too?

Hope you're still checking this thread...I need help. The pain is mainly at the base of my neck in the center. No pain down my arms. After aggravating it the pain will be spread across both of my shoulders, sometimes one side more than the other. After doing the Mackenzie exercises the pain centralizes to the middle of my neck, at the base. I just sneezed. Sneezing also aggravates it apparently. Any advice?

I'm doing fish oil, glucosamine/chondrointon/msm, and super cissus rx hoping maybe that will help it. Ibuprofen sometimes. Tramadol right after it happens because the pain can be rather severe until it begins subsiding via the exercises I mentioned.

I also can't afford to see a professional nor do I have proper insurance..hence all the self-diagnosing, which I feel is rather accurate. Also worth mentioning, it's always the worst right when I wake up. My whole neck/top of my back/shoulder region feels really stiff and crunchy/crackly (if that makes sense).

22. Quote Originally Posted by ponysteak View Post
    I also can't afford to see a professional nor do I have proper insurance..hence all the self-diagnosing, which I feel is rather accurate. Also worth mentioning, it's always the worst right when I wake up. My whole neck/top of my back/shoulder region feels really stiff and crunchy/crackly (if that makes sense).
    First and foremost, whether you can afford it or not I feel obligated to tell you that seeking the help of a professional, I know that I am, but one that can actually put his/her hands on you and diagnose you in person is my # 1 suggestion. Yes, I saw that you cannot afford it and I am going to make a suggestion, but it is possible that if you have a fractured vertebrae, or some other congenital defect I or any other professional could only see or know about is from X-rays, then it could possibly make matters worse. Do you understand what I am saying, I am clearly stating that my suggestion is at your own risk because I am not there to personally diagnose you and determine this exercise is 100% safe...

Seated Cervical Traction using a device such as this...

That is about the only thing you are not doing (minus not seeking professional Chiropractic or Physical Therapy Care) that could for the most part safely and effectively treat your neck injury! I believe they can be purchased at a great many different places, follow the instructions and slowly increase the weight and duration over time or it can exacerbate the situation!

Hope all this helps you Bro!

AL - ScottyDoc
    www.finaflex.com

23. Quote Originally Posted by ponysteak View Post
    Hope you're still checking this thread...I need help.
    What??? Still checking this Thread? Always and Forever Brother, gotta always be on the Look-Out to help my fellow AnabolicMinder's!
    www.finaflex.com

24. I completely understand what you are saying. I will look into the device. Though considering the fact that the pain seems to go away then come back...would you think this is something I can just wait out? Without getting x-rays/mri's etc? But then again saying that...waiting it out also hasn't been 100% successful.

And thanks!

25. Quote Originally Posted by ponysteak View Post
    I completely understand what you are saying. I will look into the device. Though considering the fact that the pain seems to go away then come back...would you think this is something I can just wait out? Without getting x-rays/mri's etc? But then again saying that...waiting it out also hasn't been 100% successful.

And thanks!
    Typically even with Chiropractic &/or Physical Therapy type care, you always correct the injury (structure affects function) then you strengthen the soft-tissue (muscle) around the afflicted area, making it more resilient to further pain and injuries!
    www.finaflex.com

26. I see. Man now I'm kinda worried that it's fractured...but I feel like if that were the case I'd be in much worse pain. Then again, not like I am an expert or anything so how could I really know without getting the tests.

Thank you so much for your advice. It's really cool of you to do this for us.

I think I'm gonna try to hit back tonight, lightly and without shrugs, and see how it goes..

27. Quote Originally Posted by ponysteak View Post
    I see. Man now I'm kinda worried that it's fractured...but I feel like if that were the case I'd be in much worse pain. Then again, not like I am an expert or anything so how could I really know without getting the tests.

I think I'm gonna try to hit back tonight, lightly and without shrugs, and see how it goes..
    Totally not trying to scare you, but it is possible to fracture like a spinous process, bony protuberance that you can feel as in the ridges down the center of your back and not really know it other than chronic low back pain and inflammation, fractures take a while to heal and it isn't like they would put you in a body cast, they would just not want you doing anything physically exerting or lifting heavy weights, so it is possible, but highly unlikely, as in I agree, I believe you would be in more pain, at least when it flares up/becomes swollen and inflamed anyway, but possible, I just had to let you know that!

As far as what I am doing here and for the forum, Nahhh... stop, your making me blush, LoL! My pleasure friend, I believe in giving back, paying it forward, no matter how you wanna put, I enjoy helping my fellow man with what I know best, now kneel suckers ! As you can see I love to joke around and have a good time, but when it comes to giving advice I am always 100% serious!
    www.finaflex.com

28. Quote Originally Posted by ponysteak View Post
    I see. Man now I'm kinda worried that it's fractured...but I feel like if that were the case I'd be in much worse pain. Then again, not like I am an expert or anything so how could I really know without getting the tests.

Hey... one more thing while I was thinking about it, not sure how much difference this will make, but how are you lifting? If you are lifting heavier with a low rep-range, you might, for at least a few weeks, lower the weight and start doing killer fast (30 second to 1min break between sets) sets of 20-25 reps, yes keep it challenging and burning like a MO-FO and pumped to the gills, but always get at least 20reps or you lower the weights, seriously try that for a few weeks, I think it will help and yes, avoid shrugs for a few weeks!
    www.finaflex.com

29. Haha..just wanted you to know that it's appreciated man.

Yeah...I've been lifting heavier in low-rep ranges, trying to increase strength and eating above maintenance. Could be that my strength exceeded what my body was able to handle.

I will lower the weight and increase reps like you said. No shrugs. Are deadlifts ok? Or is that more of a if it bothers me stop, or if it doesn't bother me proceed?

30. Quote Originally Posted by ScottyDoc

Hey... one more thing while I was thinking about it, not sure how much difference this will make, but how are you lifting? If you are lifting heavier with a low rep-range, you might, for at least a few weeks, lower the weight and start doing killer fast (30 second to 1min break between sets) sets of 20-25 reps, yes keep it challenging and burning like a MO-FO and pumped to the gills, but always get at least 20reps or you lower the weights, seriously try that for a few weeks, I think it will help and yes, avoid shrugs for a few weeks!
    That apparatus looks scary hahah...looks like a decapitation method
    Crossfit - DEMIGOD -
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. b12 and joint pain
    By Mad_Scientist in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-08-2010, 05:29 PM
  2. Joint Pain
    By wesb2387 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-15-2009, 01:57 PM
  3. Joint pain E2?