Chiropractic / Musculoskeletal / Joint pain Q & A...

Page 11 of 13 First ... 910111213 Last

1. Thanks mate
    ...::: Olympus Labs Representative :::...
    Crossfit - DEMIGOD -

2. Quote Originally Posted by runner_79 View Post
    Thanks mate
    No Problem my friend, that is why I am here to try and give back and help people make the correct decisions regarding their injuries, rehab, etc.
    Dr. Albert Scott Representative for FINAFLEX
    www.finaflex.com
    Redefine Yourself..... REDEFINE EVERYTHING!
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by runner_79 View Post
    1 yr. My 1m time is 5:05
    Will look at doing more hamstring work...curls and deadlifts?inch worms?
    Curls and stiff leg deads will suffice, yes. If you uploaded a video of a posterior and lateral view of you running on a treadmill, that would help tremendously. We could analyze that and tell you if anything needs to be altered
    Suffer now.. and live like a champion later.

4. Also, I feel my hip flexors pulling when I lying leg raises...problem?
    Crossfit - DEMIGOD -

5. Quote Originally Posted by runner_79 View Post
    Also, I feel my hip flexors pulling when I lying leg raises...problem?
    Well of course hip flexors will pull because they contract to perform that movement.. Not sure what you mean by pulling.Can you get somebody to video you running and embed tthe vid on here?
    •   

6. Sunday bro.
    Only day I can get someone to video me.
    When I leg raise for lower ab workout, fell it pull in hip flexors/upper quads... After 12-15 they start to really hurt
    Crossfit - DEMIGOD -

7. Hey, I acutally have the same exact pain and have for about a year now. I can do nearly no weight in my left elbow overhead or skull crushers. But, it doesn't hurt when i do a pull down tri excercise. The pain is almost on the backside of the forearm just below the elbow. It is the muscle that conracts when you move your fingers.

I have been to the best sports physicians in texas, the doctors who treat the Dallas Cowboys, SA Spurs and all that jazz. They and several other doctors are completely stumped. The only treatment that has worked has been rest...

Any thoughts doctor?

8. Quote Originally Posted by almerrick1 View Post
    Hey, I acutally have the same exact pain and have for about a year now. I can do nearly no weight in my left elbow overhead or skull crushers. But, it doesn't hurt when i do a pull down tri excercise. The pain is almost on the backside of the forearm just below the elbow. It is the muscle that conracts when you move your fingers.

I have been to the best sports physicians in texas, the doctors who treat the Dallas Cowboys, SA Spurs and all that jazz. They and several other doctors are completely stumped. The only treatment that has worked has been rest...

Any thoughts doctor?
    I mean my first thoughts are tenonsynovitis of the elbow which can effect any and all muscles attached to the elbow, but usually the ones you are describing in the forearm, but I seriously doubt sports physicians would miss that, I mean it is so simple, seems like after some good x-rays and some good palpation, ROM both passive and resisted, it would be their diagnosis if nothing else serious was found. I mean tendonitis can last for as long as you keep using the joint, it is basically a fancy word for an over-use sprain/strain with a lot inflammation (inflammation is what causes the pain) which takes a long time to heal and cannot do so if you continue to utilize that joint with serious resistance (weight training involving the elbow)!

BEZOE... Any ideas or thoughts?
    www.finaflex.com

9. Quote Originally Posted by runner_79 View Post
    Sunday bro.
    Only day I can get someone to video me.
    When I leg raise for lower ab workout, fell it pull in hip flexors/upper quads... After 12-15 they start to really hurt
    Just make sure you are doing your best to follow this rule R.I.C.E. R=rest, I=ice, C=compression, E=elevation, basic rules of re-hab can never make anything worse, only help, and see about getting us that video and we'll both take a look at it and give our opinion. Also, while you are videoing, if there are any other movements you want to show us that involve that area and make it sore or are hard to do, show us how you are doing them and we'll take a look and see, I mean the more we can see and compare the better!
    www.finaflex.com

10. About 3 weeks ago i was at the gym and stretching before my workout. I bent over while standing up to stretch my hamstrings and when I went to stand back up I had some sharp lower back pain. Like an idiot I decided to fight through the pain and finish my workout anyways. I have now had pain in my lower right back that seems to hurt the most when I bend over but pretty much hurts all the time. The pain is really only on the right side of my lower back with little to know pain on the left side. I also get a dull pain in my tailbone region when i sit down for awhile. I have been icing it every night when i come home from work for the past week or so and havent done any physical activity since I injured it but the pain doesnt seem to be getting better. if anything it has gotten a little worse.

Btw, I am 23 years old, 6'6", about 220 lbs, and I had a stress fracture and a slightly buldging disc in my lower back about 3 years ago.

Any ideas to what may have happened? and thank you in advance.

11. In for the reading.

Plus Al helped me one day while we were lifting. I was doing heavy military with DB and my back seized in a spot. After Al made me think he was going to break my neck ( what he did by no means hurts me, I was just being a big scared Pu$$y), my back loosened up and I was able to finish my workout.

Mr magic right there!
    Quote Originally Posted by swollen87 View Post
    lol in highschool i ran the original halodrol 50 for 8 weeks with clenbuterol and vodka as pct
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/old-school-hormone/193259-begins-morry-vs.html

12. Quote Originally Posted by jamo30 View Post
    About 3 weeks ago i was at the gym and stretching before my workout. I bent over while standing up to stretch my hamstrings and when I went to stand back up I had some sharp lower back pain. Like an idiot I decided to fight through the pain and finish my workout anyways. I have now had pain in my lower right back that seems to hurt the most when I bend over but pretty much hurts all the time. The pain is really only on the right side of my lower back with little to know pain on the left side. I also get a dull pain in my tailbone region when i sit down for awhile. I have been icing it every night when i come home from work for the past week or so and havent done any physical activity since I injured it but the pain doesnt seem to be getting better. if anything it has gotten a little worse.

Btw, I am 23 years old, 6'6", about 220 lbs, and I had a stress fracture and a slightly buldging disc in my lower back about 3 years ago.

Any ideas to what may have happened? and thank you in advance.
    I honestly would be afraid to make any real recommendations for you without first advising you to get x-rays and go in for a formal medical or chiropractic examination based on your past history! I mean it could be a re-injury, it could just be a pre-disposed area of weakness, it could be muscle related, way too many things, I mean you might be prone to stress fractures and have another one, not trying to scare you, just make you aware why I am being extremely cautious in making any recommendations online when I can't actually see an x-ray and perform orthopedic tests and give you a full and accurate evaluation, I hope you understand! Now after getting a professional evaluation if you want advice from there based on what he/she (professional) is telling you, I will be more than happy to add my two cents in then, by all means I want to help you, but the last thing I want to do is hurt you or slow down your healing process with mis-information considering I can't see you in person! Good Luck Bro, I'm here for you if you have any further questions!
    www.finaflex.com

13. Quote Originally Posted by morry View Post
    In for the reading.

Plus Al helped me one day while we were lifting. I was doing heavy military with DB and my back seized in a spot. After Al made me think he was going to break my neck ( what he did by no means hurts me, I was just being a big scared Pu$$y), my back loosened up and I was able to finish my workout.

Mr magic right there!
    If we could have had a video of the expression on his face and how big his eyes got when I performed the adjustment on him... "PRICELESS!!!" Glad to be of service my friend!
    www.finaflex.com

14. Quote Originally Posted by ScottyDoc

If we could have had a video of the expression on his face and how big his eyes got when I performed the adjustment on him... "PRICELESS!!!" Glad to be of service my friend!
    Quote Originally Posted by swollen87 View Post
    lol in highschool i ran the original halodrol 50 for 8 weeks with clenbuterol and vodka as pct
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/old-school-hormone/193259-begins-morry-vs.html

15. Quote Originally Posted by ScottyDoc View Post
    I honestly would be afraid to make any real recommendations for you without first advising you to get x-rays and go in for a formal medical or chiropractic examination based on your past history! I mean it could be a re-injury, it could just be a pre-disposed area of weakness, it could be muscle related, way too many things, I mean you might be prone to stress fractures and have another one, not trying to scare you, just make you aware why I am being extremely cautious in making any recommendations online when I can't actually see an x-ray and perform orthopedic tests and give you a full and accurate evaluation, I hope you understand! Now after getting a professional evaluation if you want advice from there based on what he/she (professional) is telling you, I will be more than happy to add my two cents in then, by all means I want to help you, but the last thing I want to do is hurt you or slow down your healing process with mis-information considering I can't see you in person! Good Luck Bro, I'm here for you if you have any further questions!
    I fully understand what you're saying. Everyone keeps telling me to go to see a doctor and I know thats what I need to do, I just keep putting it off hoping it will get better on its own. If I do decide to get an xray and something is wrong then i will def come back here for advice. thank you for your input!

16. Quote Originally Posted by jamo30 View Post
    I fully understand what you're saying. Everyone keeps telling me to go to see a doctor and I know thats what I need to do, I just keep putting it off hoping it will get better on its own. If I do decide to get an xray and something is wrong then i will def come back here for advice. thank you for your input!
    I will say this much, if it is still hurting after 4 weeks, chances are it is not something that is just going to magically go away on its own, I mean if it was just a mild this, that or the other or muscle related, it would probably have already started feeling much better by now, be safe and go get it checked out my friend!
    www.finaflex.com

17. Quote Originally Posted by ScottyDoc View Post
    I mean my first thoughts are tenonsynovitis of the elbow which can effect any and all muscles attached to the elbow, but usually the ones you are describing in the forearm, but I seriously doubt sports physicians would miss that, I mean it is so simple, seems like after some good x-rays and some good palpation, ROM both passive and resisted, it would be their diagnosis if nothing else serious was found. I mean tendonitis can last for as long as you keep using the joint, it is basically a fancy word for an over-use sprain/strain with a lot inflammation (inflammation is what causes the pain) which takes a long time to heal and cannot do so if you continue to utilize that joint with serious resistance (weight training involving the elbow)!

BEZOE... Any ideas or thoughts?
    Yea sounds like medial or lateral epicondylitis.. depending on which side of elbow it is. RICE like you said doc, and some stretching will do the trick. If he can get a TENS unit, that may also help

18. hi guys i have a problem with the acromion..
    i did a bench press and the day after i felt something in my right shoulder.
    i search it and i realize that is the acromion..this happened 2 months ago and the problem is still here! im taking glucosamine,chondroitine and msm,vit d (and lot of calsium from my diet)..
    i put on my shoulder counterpain,voltaren and biofreeze.
    there is any idea what else i will have to do?
    i m 23 yo and weightlifting for about 7 years. thanks!!!

19. anyone? some help i just wanted to ad that just i ordered cissus maybe it will help..

20. Hi Dr Scotty

I have shin splints I think, pain in the lower medial tibia on the right leg. My left heel hurts constantly. Both these injuries came on about a month ago when i was a few weeks into a running program. I love running, but I just can't now as these injuries kill me. Do you think I should see a chiro or physio first? Or is there something I can do at home to address these problems?

Also, my girlfriend was in a car crash a few years ago, she never thought it did her any harm but i've noticed the vertebrae at the back of the neck where it joins to the torso protrudes more than is usual, and it gives her a mild kyphosis like situation where she has bad posture and her neck juts forward a bit. Can a chiro address this? She also gets frequent back pain and headaches, and another thing ive noticed whilst running together is her right foot supinates (i think thats the right term) when walking/running, as in it turns outward alot through the process of locomotion. The left foot does not. Whats going on there?

Thanks for any advice. I almost done with my bachelor in medical science so i appreciate the limits on any clinical advice you can give with limited information over the net but any direction/advice is awesome

thanks,
    nate

21. Quote Originally Posted by p.c.t View Post
    hi guys i have a problem with the acromion..
    i did a bench press and the day after i felt something in my right shoulder.
    i search it and i realize that is the acromion..this happened 2 months ago and the problem is still here! im taking glucosamine,chondroitine and msm,vit d (and lot of calsium from my diet)..
    i put on my shoulder counterpain,voltaren and biofreeze.
    there is any idea what else i will have to do?
    i m 23 yo and weightlifting for about 7 years. thanks!!!
    All of those things will just mask symptoms.

You sure its the acromion?

Name:  acromion-216_0.jpg
Views: 844
Size:  9.6 KB

You may have some biceps tendonitis or rotator cuff impingment. Try stretching the biceps by the following vid and icing afterwards. Do this everyday for a week to see if things ease up.

22. Quote Originally Posted by quigley View Post
    Hi Dr Scotty

I have shin splints I think, pain in the lower medial tibia on the right leg. My left heel hurts constantly. Both these injuries came on about a month ago when i was a few weeks into a running program. I love running, but I just can't now as these injuries kill me. Do you think I should see a chiro or physio first? Or is there something I can do at home to address these problems?

Also, my girlfriend was in a car crash a few years ago, she never thought it did her any harm but i've noticed the vertebrae at the back of the neck where it joins to the torso protrudes more than is usual, and it gives her a mild kyphosis like situation where she has bad posture and her neck juts forward a bit. Can a chiro address this? She also gets frequent back pain and headaches, and another thing ive noticed whilst running together is her right foot supinates (i think thats the right term) when walking/running, as in it turns outward alot through the process of locomotion. The left foot does not. Whats going on there?

Thanks for any advice. I almost done with my bachelor in medical science so i appreciate the limits on any clinical advice you can give with limited information over the net but any direction/advice is awesome

thanks,
    nate
    Nate,

First, your problem, my experience with Shin Splints is rather limited, I mean I know the normal R.I.C.E will help, but it is a repetition injury that to my knowledge can be worked through, but needs to slow down, rest it, then build up to it kind of thing, tends to happen to people who are not used to doing something that maybe they used to do in the past and then try to go back to it kind of thing, same thing can happen in tennis or racquetball or even weight lifting when people try to just go back like they never left. I would not mind hearing what Bezoe has to say about your Shin Splints as it is NOT my area of expertise!

As far as your girl is concerned, it definitely sounds like a postural problem that I do believe a Chiropractor can be of assistance with, it is possible that the eversion of the foot is directly related or it may not be, either way a good Chiropractor can at least detect the problem, most likely fix the vertebral problem and possibly fix the other problem with her gait if they are related or not, but if not, he/she can definitely find the causes of the problem and point you in the right direction, so yes, your girl should definitely seek the council of a good Chiropractor.

I hope this helps a little!

AL - ScottyDoc
    www.finaflex.com

23. Hi!! thanks for the reply!
    yes i m sure is the acromion...
    i didnt do any exercises that will affect my acromion for a week..and the result was to feel more pain..
    so i decided to do a little bit of an exercises for my shoulders carefully and that worked..i feel already that the pain is not tha strong.
    i believe it will cure soon.
    its not the rotator cuffs neither biceps tentonitis , but in the beggining i think that it was something of these two..then i realise that was the acromion..now i press the acromion and i have pain there that my trapezius connect..
    sorry i can explain it more detail..!

24. How would one reduce calf tenderness when running in 5 finger vibrams?
    Thanks scotty
    Crossfit - DEMIGOD -

25. Quote Originally Posted by runner_79 View Post
    How would one reduce calf tenderness when running in 5 finger vibrams?
    Thanks scotty
    First off, and don't be offended by this, but do you know how to run in them correctly? You don't heal strike when walking or running in vibrams? Next, if your calves are getting sore that is a good thing, they are the muscles designed to support your body and absorb the impact and they will get less and less sore as you do it more and more, they will need to adjust, maybe you need to work your way into wearing the vibrams to get used to them. I mean I work out my calves extremely hard 3 x's a week and my calves got sore the first time I wore them out hiking, but I was happy to get them sore, I felt like I was hiking on my tippy-toes the whole time and could feel my calves getting tired and knew they would be sore, but I was looking forward to it, I do a lot of calf work, so it is very hard for me to get my calves sore... I welcome it!
    www.finaflex.com

26. I'm a forefoot runner.
    The heel strike hurts the tibialus anterior muscle.
    I have been looking at mobility WODs by kelly starett crossfit sanfransico.
    Crossfit - DEMIGOD -

27. Quote Originally Posted by runner_79 View Post
    I'm a forefoot runner.
    The heel strike hurts the tibialus anterior muscle.
    I have been looking at mobility WODs by kelly starett crossfit sanfransico.
    Not familiar with those... can you post a link and I'll take a look at them?
    www.finaflex.com

28. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4cpBBDVGGU

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyDoc View Post
    Not familiar with those... can you post a link and I'll take a look at them?
    Crossfit - DEMIGOD -

29. Quote Originally Posted by runner_79 View Post
    I still dont know what MOV stands for. All hes doing is stetching the gastroc in this vid. He also says the gastroc crosses the knee, which is correct, then says it assists with knee extension, which is incorrect. The gastroc produces a force couple with the hamstrings to FLEX the knee.

Good advice, however, with isolating either head of the gastroc.

30. Quote Originally Posted by ScottyDoc View Post
    First off, and don't be offended by this, but do you know how to run in them correctly? You don't heal strike when walking or running in vibrams? Next, if your calves are getting sore that is a good thing, they are the muscles designed to support your body and absorb the impact and they will get less and less sore as you do it more and more, they will need to adjust, maybe you need to work your way into wearing the vibrams to get used to them. I mean I work out my calves extremely hard 3 x's a week and my calves got sore the first time I wore them out hiking, but I was happy to get them sore, I felt like I was hiking on my tippy-toes the whole time and could feel my calves getting tired and knew they would be sore, but I was looking forward to it, I do a lot of calf work, so it is very hard for me to get my calves sore... I welcome it!
    Very sound advice. I agree.

I might break out my vibrams again and see if my calves respond at all. May monitor calf girth over eight weeks or so. Might start a thread on that...
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. b12 and joint pain
    By Mad_Scientist in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-08-2010, 05:29 PM
  2. Joint Pain
    By wesb2387 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-15-2009, 01:57 PM
  3. Joint pain E2?
    By rfish1966 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine