Best of both worlds

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

1. Sorry man I've been wiped out this past week, so much I had to do. I'm in starting tomorrow. The workout is as follows:

Warm Up: Range of Motion drills. 1 mile run, then 21-15-9 Thruster (45#), sit-ups

Work Capacity: AMRAP 30 minutes:
    5 x Burpee, 10 x Pistol (5 ea side), 15 x Knees to Elbow

Section 2:
    Strength: Work to 1RM Squat Clean (SC)

Stamina: 5 rounds, not timed: 3 x SC @ 80% 1RM, 10 x 4-count jumping lunge, Buddy Carry 50M

Durability: 50 x GHD sit-ups. 50 x GHD hip extension. Eccentric Stretch or Foam Roll

I'm going to get at it at 9am tomorrow morning and I'll post shortly afterwards. Smash it.

2. Work capacity - 8 2/3 rounds or 9 2/3 rounds, lost count

1RM Squat Clean/Full clean - worked to 220

Stamina - 5 rounds at 175x3 cleans, 10 jumping lunge, 50m sandbag carry

Stretched and called it a day.

Hardest part for me was the knees to elbows. I paced myself way too much and should have gotten in at least 1 more round.
    •   

3. how long do you wait before you start the 2nd section

4. 5-10 minutes between my first warmup set of cleans and the 30 minutes of conditioning beforehand. After my 1rm, I had another 5 min rest. The stamina stuff is to be done at an easy pace.

5. Tomorrow's workout:
    Warm Up: ROM Drills. Sprints 10 x 100M (:20 interval)
    Work Capacity: For time:
    50 x Wall Ball, 50 x Pull-up, 50 x Thruster (95#), Run 800M
    50 x Power Clean (95#), 50 x Doulbe Unders, 50 x Push Press (95#), Run 400M
    50 x Push-ups, 50 x Box Jumps, 50 x Burpees, Run 800M
    Durability: Plank holds 3 x 2 minutes each. Stretch.

Should be interesting. Skip wall balls if you don't have a ball/medicine ball to throw. Sub 150 jumps with a jump rope for the double unders if you can't do them.
    •   

6. That kind of stuff wears me out just to read it, much less do it.

7. Finished in 53:58. Should have pushed out the last 800 a little quicker but went too quick on my first one and had to recover more than I wanted to.

8. Where ya at buddy?

9. i skipped 2 days cause i had to take care of some things. btw how many days do you do the sealfit in a week

10. Sealfit is programmed as 3 hard days, a recovery day, another hard day, then an active rest.

I did yesterday's workout in 24:37. Today is a recovery day with a long hike/walk with a 40lb pack.

11. Today's workout:

Baseline: 20 x Sand Bag Get-ups (each side)

Work Capacity For Time:
    25 x Burpees
    100 x Wall Balls
    100 x Double Unders
    25 x Burpees
    Strength: Work to 3RM Dead Lift
    Stamina: 5 Rounds, not timed: 3 x DL @ 90% 3RM, 20 x 4-count Mountain Climber, Buddy Carry 50M
    Durability: 1 mile run at moderate pace. Yoga or Active Stretch 15 minutes.

I subbed 10 minutes of kb windmills and bottoms up press/walk for the 1 mile run. I need to work on my kb skills.

My work capacity time was 18:14. Worked up to a 350x3 3RM. Very tired today and it felt much heavier than usual. Worked at 315x3 for my stamina.

12. Quote Originally Posted by wearedbleedblue View Post
    Tomorrow's workout:
    Warm Up: ROM Drills. Sprints 10 x 100M (:20 interval)
    Work Capacity: For time:
    50 x Wall Ball, 50 x Pull-up, 50 x Thruster (95#), Run 800M
    50 x Power Clean (95#), 50 x Doulbe Unders, 50 x Push Press (95#), Run 400M
    50 x Push-ups, 50 x Box Jumps, 50 x Burpees, Run 800M
    Durability: Plank holds 3 x 2 minutes each. Stretch.

Should be interesting. Skip wall balls if you don't have a ball/medicine ball to throw. Sub 150 jumps with a jump rope for the double unders if you can't do them.
    this is serious i must try

13. finally getting back in today. should be good

14. Quote Originally Posted by mxmatt15 View Post
    finally getting back in today. should be good
    Post your numbers

15. to be honest i have not been timing myself yet. i wanted to do 2-3 wks of sealfit to get my body used to it and then start tracking. hows your workout going.

16. Quote Originally Posted by mxmatt15 View Post
    to be honest i have not been timing myself yet. i wanted to do 2-3 wks of sealfit to get my body used to it and then start tracking. hows your workout going.
    Personally I would start timing things right away if these workouts are timing based. Even when you are "just getting used to the workouts". The reason is that beating your times will be very motivational as you go along. For example, recently I decided to see how many kettlebells snatches I could do in 5 minutes without putting it down. Even the very first week I timed and kept track of reps, even though I was just trying it out the first week. Having some sort of tangible target to beat each week helped me push hard even when I didn't necessarily feel like it. Even if your times are bad to start with, it will be very satisfying to see how much they improve. If you don't start recording times until you get decent at the workouts, the improvements seem much smaller by comparison.

17. i guess you do have a point. but im already half way in so i will start next week

18. Start timing today, no need to wait until some arbitrary day like Monday. Every day matters, not just beginning of a week.

19. Today's workout:

Baseline: ROM Drills. 15 - 10 - 5 Pistol, HSPU
    Work Capacity - 3 rounds for time:
    Run 1 mile, Row 2,000M

Durability: 50 x GHD sit-ups. 50 x GHD Back Extensions. Active Stretch 10 minutes.

Did the work capacity in 48:22. Started to get mentally defeated on the rows and slowed down but kept up an 8min mile pace. Not bad for rarely running over a 400m pace.

20. could you explain this to me.....ROM Drills. 15 - 10 - 5 Pistol, HSPU? and how would you preform the rows

21. ROM drills are mobility work. Don't worry about that too much right now. Pistols are one legged bodyweight squats. You can do them from a box until you get the hang out it. HSPU is a handstand push up. You just do a handstand against a wall and push yourself up and down.

You need a rowing machine/ergometer to do the rowing. I'm not sure where you workout but almost every gym has at least one rower.

22. ok so im really getting frustrated because my POS gym doesn't have the **** i need to do most of my workouts. couldnt do the rows today because there is no row machine. no jump rope. and the list goes on. i go to xsport express so the fckin place is small as **** and has limited equipment. i think im going to start looking for a new gym. i usually go after work so i need something 24hrs but dont want to pay like 50 a month at lifetime. im gonna check out cardinal.

23. Quote Originally Posted by mxmatt15 View Post
    ok so im really getting frustrated because my POS gym doesn't have the **** i need to do most of my workouts. couldnt do the rows today because there is no row machine. no jump rope. and the list goes on. i go to xsport express so the fckin place is small as **** and has limited equipment. i think im going to start looking for a new gym. i usually go after work so i need something 24hrs but dont want to pay like 50 a month at lifetime. im gonna check out cardinal.
    I don't know what any of those places are but good luck.

24. im trying to get 348 grams of protein daily so i wont loose any muscle mass. bit of a challenge

25. Way too much protein. Way too much. Don't believe the hype.

26. ive been told 2 grams per pound

27. Quote Originally Posted by mxmatt15 View Post
    ive been told 2 grams per pound
    Thats very excessive. If you are exercising and eating well you don't need more than 1g/lb of protein. I get by with less than that on a regular basis and I'm actually adding mass.

28. 21-15 -9 Pull-ups, Push-ups, Squats
    Means a set of 21 of each, a set of 15 of each, and then a set of 9 of each, all bodyweight.

Strength: Work to 1RM Bench Press (BP)

Stamina: Chipper: 15 x BP @ 80% 1RM, 100 x SDHP (75#), Shoulder Mobility Drills
    Work to your 1RM of the day and then take 80% of that and do 15 total bench presses and 100 total sumo deadlift high pulls YouTube - Sumo Deadlift High Pull Courtesy CrossFit Inc.

Work Capacity: 5RFT:

* 15 Curtis P (105#), run 400
    For this you go through this sequence 5x as quickly as possible. So you do 15 curtis p and then run a 400. Repeat it 4 more times. A curtis p is YouTube - SEAL Fit Curtis P. You do 15 of them for a set.

Durability: Sprints: 1 min max effort, 1 min rest, 10 rounds. Breath Control practice and Stretch 15 minutes.

29. Glad to see u doing this mxmatt

30. hell yea bro, ima **** **** up! a big thanks to wearedbleedblue for helping me out
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Best of Both Worlds
    By Kenav in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-01-2008, 01:15 PM
  2. Best of Both Worlds
    By Kenav in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-01-2008, 12:38 PM
  3. The Worlds Worst Job Ever !!! - Uugh !
    By anabolicrhino in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-12-2007, 11:17 PM
  4. Worlds Worst Police Dog!!!
    By anabolicrhino in forum General Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-19-2007, 08:57 PM