I can't quit cramping

Rommel65

Awards
Forearms are the worst, followed by triceps and shoulders. I get constant cramps....bad! Wake me up screaming bad. Not a newbie, but first time with this crap. Also, in PCT now and using tamoxofine and clomid for the first time. And yes, I am drinking tons of water, eatin bannanas like a monkey, and taking taurine. Any advice guys? This sucks!

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
Try taking calcium and magnesium, it could be due to a deficiency in those minerals.

hitsquaddd

hitsquaddd

Awards
When I played football, we'd go through 2 a days and then hit the gym for an hour everyday and we all got cramps in our sleeps. My coach said to drink about 2 table spoons of pickle juice and BAM! No more cramps. I don't know if it was a placebo or not, but it sure as hell helped. Give it a try?

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
Forced stretches at the end of exercises or w/o, fixed any previous issues I used to have( My shoulders and back used to cramp up here and there). But more than likely I would think maybe its a deficiency of sorts.

But then again depending on what you were taking when on, could have an affect on you now. I remember a couple back, I had horrible back pumps/cramps and no quantity of taurine could stop it til long after I was off.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
2 gallons of water per day... No point in all those minerals or electrolytes if you dont have sufficient water. Stretching would help as well...

rxp1997

rxp1997

Awards
  • Established
take a serving or two of poseidon before going to bed

Joshua86

Awards
  • Established
2 gallons of water per day... No point in all those minerals or electrolytes if you dont have sufficient water. Stretching would help as well...
I was waiting for someone to say something about water! haha

As far as how much to drink per day, that's up to the person. 2 gallons would be excessive for a lot of people. I know some people who drink loads of water per day. For me, about 1 gallon per day, tapering off towards night time so I'm not up pissing all night works well for me.

Also, just google "muscle cramps" and educate yo self! Google is handy for dat der learnin

;) :)

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
Seems like your lacking a important electrolyte. Magnesium, calcium, potassium, sodium. One of them. I'm usually good with water but I went through a period of no appetite or thirst and I wasn't eating/drinking much and I was cramping so bad in my workout. I just stopped and chugged some water and within a few minutes the cramping went away. It was like a miracle.

reptone

Awards
  • Established
Try 2 tablespoons of baking soda in 8 oz of water. Old runners trick. Cramps usually subside in about 5 minutes after ingesting. It seems to neutralize the buildup of lactic acid.

Rhyno

Rhyno

Awards
  • Established
If all else fails, diet tonic water has helped me a lot in the past. The quionine content in one liter seemed to be the perfert amount.