Let's talk DC

vector18

vector18

Awards
This was my first week on DC. Monday I did chest,shoulders,tri's,back thick
and back wide. Wed I did biceps and legs, Friday I did same as monday different excersises.
Anyway, so far I'm not really loving it. I'm an old school volume guy and
using volume has given me big results in the past year. But now I'm looking
for something different in order to change things up.
I hope we can use this topic to discuss DC and help learn from each other.
I also belong to Dante's website, but those guys are pretty critical to newbies.
So, has anyone tried DC and given it up? Has anyone hated it at the beginning and now love it? When you 'cruise' what do you do for working out exactly?
Have you not been able to increase the weight? What differences in your body did you notice and how soon?

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
There is some huge threads on here, about DC. Do a quick search.

vector18

vector18

Awards
I only saw one in this area and it wasn't that specific. I'll do a search and see what comes up, thanks.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Theres a lot of fans here. I think you have to commit to at least one full blast, at least 36 days so you've hit every exercise 3x. I was hooked actually just after the 2nd time I hit legs.

MPFit

MPFit

Awards
  • Established
I with you OP.. I've been doing it for two weeks, I'm a traditional 10set per muscle guy and these DC techniques haven't actually gotten me sore at all yet.. I've been going for 2 weeks now.
I just started the progression however, I'm hoping the higher weights will change that for me, and thanks for the link impreziv

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I with you OP.. I've been doing it for two weeks, I'm a traditional 10set per muscle guy and these DC techniques haven't actually gotten me sore at all yet.. I've been going for 2 weeks now.
I just started the progression however, I'm hoping the higher weights will change that for me, and thanks for the link impreziv
Do you mind posting exactly what you did in your last workout?

MPFit

MPFit

Awards
  • Established
Incline BB Press 225x17
Military Press 120x21
Reverse Grip BP 225x14
Close Grip Pulldown 180x22
Deadlift 190x10 (just three regular sets of this no RP)

I lowered my weights a lil to start the routine: thought I'd be WAY more stressed at the end, guess I lowered em too much..

tabascotk

tabascotk

Awards
Incline BB Press 225x17
Military Press 120x21
Reverse Grip BP 225x14
Close Grip Pulldown 180x22
Deadlift 190x10 (just three regular sets of this no RP)

I lowered my weights a lil to start the routine: thought I'd be WAY more stressed at the end, guess I lowered em too much..
You're not supposed to RP the deadlifts, but you are supposed to do 2 working sets. The first should be a heavy 9-12 reps, and the second should be even heavier 6-9 reps. Don't forget the extreme stretching.

chess315

chess315

Awards
I love cycles for pennies(dantes first dc right up) but dc I dont think is really practical. I love the dc nutritional views but I think you really need to be fairly advanced for it to really work properly I mean like benching 350 deadlifting 500 advanced or it is hard to tax a muscle enough with the program. but I think everyone should read cycles for pennies many times. I belive the best programs are usually simple ones and it falls in that catagory in a side not dorian yates also advocated similar 3 day a week traing for intermediates actually besides the stretching it is damn near yates advice for non 250lbs bodybuilders. he like the 2 day split a lot to I heard he used it intil he was pro. I like the Idea of training 3 days a week alternating the workout and think it is great for anyone who is not extremly massive I think the magazine type splits are to popular with beginers if you like dc you will also like stuart mcroberts books like brawn or bill starrs writings and madcows 5x5 they are proably what someone

roytheboytoy

Awards
I tried two six week blasts with mixed results.

Pros-
1)got much better at widowmakers
2) calves look more defined (emphasizing the stretch on a leg press for calf raises worked well for me
3) curls went up
4) extreme stretches worked well
5) recovery went well with no CNS burnout

Cons
1) Shoulders felt taxed and I didn't progess on the lifts
2) I was fatigued for back thickness/ width exercises- numbers were erratic

Overall, I responded better to the lower body/biceps/forearms day than the upper body day

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You're not supposed to RP the deadlifts, but you are supposed to do 2 working sets. The first should be a heavy 9-12 reps, and the second should be even heavier 6-9 reps. Don't forget the extreme stretching.
Is this backwards? I thought you did the real heavy set first and then the backoff set of 12.

UGHQTempus

UGHQTempus

Awards
  • Established
I used to to do Mentzer's HIT method.
I modified it so that I do 2 concentric/6 eccentric instead of 4/4 but otherwise I try to stay true to form. The cumulative effect is still pretty insane and requires a back off eventually. 14-15 weeks of training and then a 2 week deload.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MadStax Anabolics 37
BigKrabbe Supplements 37
Supplements 95
Supplements 6
GreenEarth Anabolics 1