New E-pharm product: URSOBOLIC !

rampage jackson

rampage jackson

Awards
  • Established

Coming soon: E-Pharm Ursobolic.

Natural Anabolism at its finest!

Ursolic Acid – Natures Recomposition Agent

This ingredient really excites me. So much so that I spent money I didn’t have to be the first one to the market with a fully dosed product. The literature on this is so impressive. By impressive I mean the literature is published in fully accredited journals by authors with no conflict of interest. And the research is expansive - looking at mechanisms at the cellular and genetic level in depth.

The first and foremost study regarding Ursolic Acid is one that has garnered a lot of press lately. It was published in the very prestigious journal Cellular Metabolism, and the research was performed by scientists from the University of Iowa. They used techniques to identify genes that were turned on and off by two muscle catabolic stressors – starvation and denervation (think of spinal cord injury). They then turned to a huge database of gene (mRNA actually) expression signatures from 1300 candidate chemicals and after screening for which turned the right genes on (the anabolic ones) and turned the right genes off (the catabolic ones) they came to one that stood out – Ursolic acid. The researchers then gave Ursolic acid to starved mice and to denervated mice and they found that it indeed powerfully act as an anti-catabolic. They lost much less muscle than control mice.

The cool part is they went on to see if it acted as an anabolic. That is, they wanted to see what it did to normal mice on a normal diet. They feed Ursolic acid to a group of mice for 5 weeks and then found that their muscles grew around 15% bigger than a control group of mice over the same period. The muscle fibers themselves appear markedly bigger under the microscope, so this was hypertrophy going on. The muscle was fully functional as well, which was demonstrated by measuring grip strength. The Ursolic mice had a significantly stronger grip (I guess the made the mice hang on a tiny chin up bar till they dropped or something).

Now you probably think that since the mice grew bigger muscles they probably weighed more than the control mice. Such was not the case. That is because there was almost a proportional decrease in fat mass in respect to the increase in muscle mass. Essentially, the body was using the fat to fuel the energy needed to build the muscle!! That is what is known as a recomposition effect and it is seen with agents such as clenbuterol. It is not really seen with anabolic steroids though, since although “roids” are great for building muscle, they don’t really affect fat mass in such an obvious and direct manner.

The researchers finally looked at how Ursolic acid worked (I told you, this paper is extremely thorough and comprehensive). Examination of which genes got turned on and which got turned off (via examining mRNA expression signals) showed strong signals for 18 being turned on and 51 being turned off. Two of the most potent ones to be turned off were ones strongly associated with muscle atrophy - atrogin-1 and MuRF-1. The most potent one to be turned on was the one that encodes IGF-1 in muscle. The local production of IGF-1 is perhaps the single most instrumental process in the muscle hypertrophy response as it initiates the key steps of satellite cell recruitment into new myonuclei and protein synthesis via the kinase Akt.

So that paper was great and it’s what really convinced me this stuff has huge potential to be the real deal (once we figure out how best to use it and what the best dose is – and you guys are gonna help me with that). But there is other research on Ursolic acid that has been published showing some other really cool things. A 2008 study demonstrated that Ursolic acid possesses good aromatase inhibitory activity in-vitro, meaning that it can potentially help reduce estrogen production in the body and increase testosterone. It also has been shown to be anabolic on bone via stimulation of osteoblast formation. Of particular interest to me, a 2010 paper published in Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry showed that Ursolic acid and some of its derivatives are potent and selective inhibitors of the tissue specific cortisol elevating enzyme 11b-HSD1. And finally, if you are a drinker than you might be interested to know that a 2006 paper from Life Sciences showed that Ursolic protects the liver from toxicity due to ethanol consumption. And then there are anti-cancer, anti-oxidant, anti-viral…….the list really goes on and on.

So bottom line is I think this supplement is going to be big. I have a good track record of picking winning ingredients in the supplement industry so you should not dismiss this one. In fact, I have used it for a few weeks and what I have to report is an obvious and dramatic loss in body fat with a maintanence of muscle. I was not even trying to diet, but I found that my appetite was curbed on the stuff. Maybe because I didn’t need to eat since it was making my body feed off my fat. I don’t know. Anyway, I hope to be the first to market with this stuff so please look for my product Ursobolic by E-Pharm. It will have high dosages of nothing but Ursolic Acid extract. I can’t wait to hear other people’s feedback!!
Personally I'm extremely excited in this product for both muscle building and fatloss purposes. I think the stacking combinations are exciting!

More info coming very soon!

rampage jackson

rampage jackson

Awards
  • Established
Here is an article from the July 2011 issue of MD:

Have Scientists Finally Discovered a Bona-Fide Natural Anabolic?

Scientific journal articles are released all the time that purportedly show amazing things from natural compounds. I have to break the news to you - most of them are bull****. Research is full of poorly designed studies, poorly carried out studies, and even outright fraud. It’s not that hard to weed out the ones which have a good possibility of being legitimate and which ones probably aren’t worth much attention. You can look at the study design - does it thoroughly take all variables into account? And what about the authors and the sponsors of the study – might there be a possibility of conflict of interest that may make you question the integrity of the author’s motives? And where is it published? Is it published in a major journal that has a high impact factor (a figure used to gauge the quality of a journal that is measured by accounting for the number of times articles are cited in other publications)?
I bring to you in this month’s column an article(Cell Metab. 2011 Jun 8;13(6):627-38.) that I find to be one of the most exciting pieces of research in the area of muscle building and natural products that I have seen in a long time – if ever. It comes from a journal called Cell Metabolism, which has a very impressive impact factor of 18.207. The thoroughness of the study and the obvious non-biased nature of the findings definitely caught my eye. The study examines a natural compound called Ursolic Acid which is found in many plants and foods such as apple peels (where it apparently is particularly abundant). This research impressed me so much that I decided to rush the ingredient to market through my brand E-Pharm, and by the time you read this it should be on the shelf under the name Ursobolic (and surely other companies will be releasing their versions as well).
So I am going to attempt to discuss this article and translate the hard science into layman’s terms the best I can. I hope you find it as interesting and impressive as I do.

Ursolic Acid and Muscle Atrophy
Skeletal muscle is a dynamic tissue that can undergo rapid growth (hypertrophy) or rapid shrinkage (atrophy) depending on the physiological conditions present in an animal or human. Situations where atrophy can prevail include starvation, nerve injury (i.e. spinal cord), diseases such as AIDS or cancer, and organ failure (heart, liver, kidney etc). To the contrary, muscle growth prevails during developmental stages and in response to stimuli such as exercise and certain drugs. These two phenomena – hypertrophy and atrophy – are driven by a multitude of genes which become expressed (or repressed) in response to any one of the aforementioned physiological triggers.
The scientists that performed the study I am discussing decided to exploit these genes in a screening study to investigate small molecules which may have effects on muscle wasting. They began by mapping mRNA expression signatures in muscle of people subjected to atrophy producing stress. Basically what this means is they starved a group of people, took biopsies of their muscles, and examined which muscle genes got activated and which got repressed. They detected hundreds of changes in mRNA expression in response to the fasting, and while most of these have physiological roles that have yet to be determined some of them of them encode proteins with known functions in muscle metabolism such as
Catabolic mRNAs (increased) – fat oxidation, protein synthesis inhibition, glutamine transport, ubiquitin mediated proteolysis
Anabolic mRNAs (decreased) - glycogen synthesis, polyamine synthesis, angiogenesis, mitochondrial biogenesis
Armed with this valuable data on muscle genes the researchers then turned to an interesting technique of screening bioactive molecules that uses a tool called “connectivity maps”. These connectivity maps utilize a vast database on over 1300 small compounds and their effects on gene expression on cells under various conditions. The map uses algorithms that allow researchers to screen for compounds that affect any mRNA expression signatures of interest they may have. In the case of the researchers in the study under discussion, the vast gene expression data initially collected was first reconciled with similar data on mouse muscle atrophy (the connectivity map utilizes mouse data), and then after the connectivity map magic was done two compounds stood out – Metformin and Ursolic Acid.
At this point they decided it was time to “prove the pudding” so to speak, so they administered metformin and ursolic acid to mice and then starved them for a day. They found that the control mice lost 9% of their muscle weight. Administration of Metformin had no effect on this. Ursolic acid treatment however dramatically reduced the muscle loss so that a net loss of only 2% of muscle weight was observed (and I would imagine some of this is due to water loss).
Since the fasting model of muscle atrophy successfully singled out Ursolic Acid as a strongly preventative bioactive molecule the researchers decided to examine another the model of muscle denervation, which was represented by the induction of spinal cord injury on some unfortunate mice. The mRNA signatures from this model of atrophy had some overlap with those seen in the fasting model, however there were substantial differences. And when the author’s queried the connectivity map they found once again that Ursolic Acid came out as a top candidate. Most interesting however was the fact that Ursolic Acid was the only compound identified by both the fasting and the muscle denervation search strategies.
At this point of course it was time to once again turn to in-vivo experimentation for some real world validation, and just as in the case of the fasting model they found Ursolic Acid passed the test. The sciatic nerves in the left hindlimb muscles of mice were dissected, and after a period of time these muscles were compared to the contralateral un-dissected right hindlimb muscles. Control mice exhibited a marked atrophy of the dissected muscle in relation to the un-dissected muscle, but when Ursolic Acid was administered this atrophy was greatly diminished.

Ursolic Acid and Muscle Hypertrophy
A compound that can prevent muscle loss in conditions of wasting is of enormous medical value and these researchers discovered one that has the ability to do so within the physiological environments of two somewhat disparate pathological conditions. Some readers of this magazine may find this very interesting but muscle building is obviously where their real fascination lies, and preventing muscle loss in catabolic states is quite a different animal that building more mass in healthy living creatures. Lucky for us these researchers tested Ursolic Acid in intact healthy mice. They simply fed the mice the compound in varying concentrations and after a period of five weeks they sacrificed them and compared their dissected muscles to control mice. Indeed, Ursolic Acid clearly had anabolic effects. The muscles were bigger (up to around 15% bigger) as were the muscle fibers themselves - which represents hypertrophy. But not only were the muscles bigger - measurements of grip strength showed they were stronger as well. That wasn’t the only interesting thing though.

Ursolic Acid and Fat loss
You figured that if these mice ingesting ursolic acid got such bigger muscles they probably gained weight. Such was not the case. To investigate this further the researches repeated the experiment but this time they fed the Ursolic Acid for 7 weeks instead of 5 weeks. Examination of muscle showed similar anabolic effects to the first time but when they looked at fat tissue they noticed dramatic mass reductions. In fact the reductions in fat mass were pretty much proportional to the gains in muscle mass. Such an inverse response of tissues is indication of a classical “repartitioning effect”. No differences in food intake were seen between Ursolic Acid mice and control mice, and examination of adipocytes (fat cells) revealed a marked reduction in size. Additionally, plasma cholesterol and triglycerides were reduced in Ursolic Acid treated mice.

How Does Ursolic Acid Work?
Ursolic Acid causes muscles to grow in healthy animals and minimizes muscle wasting in compromised animals - but how? The researchers tackled this question by once again examining mRNA levels in muscle (basically looking at which genes got turned on and which got turned off). Out of more than 16,000 mRNAs analyzed they found strong signals for 18mRNAs being decreased and 51 mRNAs being increased. Amongst the ones that were most potently decreased were two that are strongly associated with muscle atrophy – atrogin-1 and MuRF-1. On the other hand, one of the most highly upregulated mRNAs was for the one that encodes Insulin Growth Factor-1 (IGF-1). Autocrine (locally) produced muscular IGF-1 as you may know is considered one of the key signals in muscle growth and regeneration. Ursolic Acid was also shown to enhance the downstream effects of IGF-1, demonstrated by measurements of increased levels of Akt phosphorylation.

Will Ursolic Acid Work For Bodybuilders?
This is the key question isn’t it? Unfortunately I don’t have a definitive answer at the time I am writing this article. The research on it (which actually goes beyond what I have presented here) is so impressive to me that I firmly believe the stuff has to do something. It’s just a matter of figuring out dose and figuring out what scenarios the compound will be most useful in. So keep an eye out for this stuff. You surely be hearing about it more in the future. I think this stuff could be the “real deal”

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is right up my street as a natural trainee with a phobia of going over 10% body fat lol.

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Gotta love PA. I have 2 bottles of Anabeta, 2 bottles of erase,might as well throw in 2 bottles of ursabolic!

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is found in the skins of apples correct>?

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
in for the logs

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The MOA of UA for fat loss is like CLA “reduction in size of adipocytes (fat cells)” when you say reduction is size you refer to shrink or what?

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The MOA of UA for fat loss is like CLA “reduction in size of adipocytes (fat cells)” when you say reduction is size you refer to shrink or what?
Shrink..you can never lose a fat cell once it is acquired. Well, there is Liposuction.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Feel The Burn

Awards
Leave it to Mr. Arnold to bring a NEW Innovative product and ingredient to the market. He's yet to fail the consumers.....so hopefully they will keep that in mind whenever the competition decides to piggy back off his R&D and bring a similar (identical) product out. Reward those who spend the time, effort, & money it takes to bring new products and ingredients to the consumers.

With that being said, I'm excited about getting my hands on a bottle.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Leave it to Mr. Arnold to bring a NEW Innovative product and ingredient to the market. He's yet to fail the consumers.....so hopefully they will keep that in mind whenever the competition decides to piggy back off his R&D and bring a similar (identical) product out. Reward those who spend the time, effort, & money it takes to bring new products and ingredients to the consumers.

actually we can thank the University of Iowa since they did the study :p

plus its a natural ingredient...people dont get made at those who manufacture creatine. It was only matter of time in my mind after seeing the research that someone would bring this to the supplement market.

But i agree Pat=genius

Feel The Burn

Awards
actually we can thank the University of Iowa since they did the study :p

plus its a natural ingredient...people dont get made at those who manufacture creatine. It was only matter of time in my mind after seeing the research that someone would bring this to the supplement market.

But i agree Pat=genius
You know what I meant....lol. :grumble:

Whenever Pat comes out with a product, tons of other companies quickly come out with a product similar or the exact same. It boils down to alot of companies not having someone competent enough on staff to research new ingredients. Instead they wait until another company comes out with something new and jumps on the bandwagon.

Feel The Burn

Awards
By the way I'm not calling out any company.....but instead making a blanket statement that applies to this industry.

Now one of you SNS reps send me some Agmatine. :)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Very interested, ETA on availability and what kind of price are we looking at here?

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
By the way I'm not calling out any company.....but instead making a blanket statement that applies to this industry.

Now one of you SNS reps send me some Agmatine. :)
OK but i need a bottle of AMP :firedevil:

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Will Ursolic Acid Work For Bodybuilders?
This is the key question isn’t it? Unfortunately I don’t have a definitive answer at the time I am writing this article. The research on it (which actually goes beyond what I have presented here) is so impressive to me that I firmly believe the stuff has to do something. It’s just a matter of figuring out dose and figuring out what scenarios the compound will be most useful in. So keep an eye out for this stuff. You surely be hearing about it more in the future. I think this stuff could be the “real deal”

So did Pat do any additional research?

henryv

Awards
  • Established
ETA for purchase?
Very soon.

There are so many MOA of this stuff.

Very interested, ETA on availability and what kind of price are we looking at here?
You'll need two bottles to run it at an effective dose for a month but it'll be very affordable, like $1/day.

So did Pat do any additional research?
What do you mean additional research? He's read a lot of the available studies on this stuff.
We don't have the funds for our own university-run double-blind placebo studies. He's been taking it himself for a few months though with impressive results.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
are you allowed to release a price point?

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is intriguing, I would be interested to try this. He says dose is still unknown, how did he come up with what is in this bottle and how are we going to know if that amount is safe? Natural or not, toxicity is an issue that needs to be considered with all products.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I remember pat said there was a formula to convert the weight or size of the rat to the size of a human. Pretty sure he said that, dont quote me though.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Very interested always love when PA comes up with something new to the market he always bringing cutting edge products. I'll be jumping on this when it comes out just like Joint Force and everything else it simply just works.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Cool I will definitely give it a shot at 40 for a month supply any issues with prostate inflammation expected?

henryv

Awards
  • Established
Cool I will definitely give it a shot at 40 for a month supply any issues with prostate inflammation expected?
I would not expect any. The main anabolic/anti-catabolic effects seem to be due to enhanced insulin and IGF-1 sensitivity.

When it's available - in the very near future - it will be available to buy from the AM store.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would not expect any. The main anabolic/anti-catabolic effects seem to be due to enhanced insulin and IGF-1 sensitivity.

When it's available - in the very near future - it will be available to buy from the AM store.
Sounds very intriguing. Might be good for a winter cycle :D

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Any sides?

I'll have to look this one up some more...

henryv

Awards
  • Established
Any sides?

I'll have to look this one up some more...
Maybe a reduced appetite. But since Patrick's the only one that's been taking it, we only have his experience to go off (which includes getting the most ripped he's been in years).

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I will be getting this when it comes out, will log it as well, any interest in bloods?

henryv

Awards
  • Established
I will be getting this when it comes out, will log it as well, any interest in bloods?
I'm always interested in bloods. They should show a drop in fasting blood glucose, plasma lipid levels, and triglycerides.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm always interested in bloods. They should show a drop in fasting blood glucose, plasma lipid levels, and triglycerides.
Ill be definitely picking up atleast 2 bottles when it hits, definitely like the drop in fasting blood glucose.

If one were to pick up a blood glucose meter how long after dosing would you want to check?

Obviously before dosing as well.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ill be definitely picking up atleast 2 bottles when it hits, definitely like the drop in fasting blood glucose.

If one were to pick up a blood glucose meter how long after dosing would you want to check?

I'd be interested to know too as I have a blood glucose meter I'd like to put to use. :)

henryv

Awards
  • Established

I dunno. Mice saw a significant (~20%) lower blood glucose level after a 24hr fast compared to vehicle mice after two doses 12hrs apart. Bear in mind people haven't really taken this orally at effective dosages before, though it's a minor ingredient in a few things (like cosmetics, and a couple of LG Sciences products I think).

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Interesting. Maybe ill purchase a glucose meter n do some experimenting.

henryv

Awards
  • Established
Download the recent study from the highly regarded Cell Metabolism journal that concludes that:

Given the current lack of therapies for skeletal muscle atrophy, we speculate that ursolic acid might be investigated as a potential therapy for illness- and age-related muscle atrophy. It may be useful as a monotherapy or in combination with other strategies that have been considered, such as myostatin inhibition. Given its capacity to reduce adiposity, fasting blood glucose, and plasma lipid levels, ursolic acid might also be investigated as a potential therapy for obesity, metabolic syndrome, and type 2 diabetes.
http://www.healthcare.uiowa.edu/mstp/new/mstp/summer/calender/Adams7-8-11.pdf

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

You know what I meant....lol. :grumble:

Whenever Pat comes out with a product, tons of other companies quickly come out with a product similar or the exact same. It boils down to alot of companies not having someone competent enough on staff to research new ingredients. Instead they wait until another company comes out with something new and jumps on the bandwagon.
ummm..

Isnt this the same ingredient that is already currently in M1D, formadrol and ASGT?

I assume PA product will have a higher dose, but how is this "new"? Will the PA product contain other ingredients other than ursolic acid?

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Test for IGF-1 levels according to the MOA?

houstontexas

Awards
  • Established
ummm..

Isnt this the same ingredient that is already currently in M1D, formadrol and ASGT?

I assume PA product will have a higher dose, but how is this "new"? Will the PA product contain other ingredients other than ursolic acid?
It said in the original post it would be the sole ingredient and a high dosage I believe.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It said in the original post it would be the sole ingredient and a high dosage I believe.
my bad I see it now when I re-read it

I hope to be the first to market with this stuff so please look for my product Ursobolic by E-Pharm. It will have high dosages of nothing but Ursolic Acid extract. I can’t wait to hear other people’s feedback!!
Henry any idea how much ursolic acid a serving will contain? or is it all hush hush still till its release?

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
my bad I see it now when I re-read it

Henry any idea how much ursolic acid a serving will contain? or is it all hush hush still till its release?
Would be very interested in the dosing protocol. And the purity of the extract/delivery. I'm assuming that since we need two bottles to run a month the dosage must be high, and the bioavailability be quite poor.

rip21

Awards
I thought I read on PHF that this also contains oleanic acid and a 3rd compound similar in structure to UA and OA.