New E-pharm product: URSOBOLIC !

Page 11 of 49 First ... 910111213 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by miniarnold View Post

whats the reccomended minimum effective daily dose, and the maximum?
    Thanks
    Some of these supplement companies actually put their minimum/maximum dosage suggestions on the product page and the bottle, unfortunately this is a rare occurrence.
    나는 2000년 10월 매들린 올브라이트 전 미 국무장관 매들린 사랑, 그 중 한 뜨거운 젠장!

2. I'd like to see how it actually works on a guy with some actual fat to lose. Not some guy/lady wanting to lose 5-10 vanity pounds.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    I'd like to see how it actually works on a guy with some actual fat to lose. Not some guy/lady wanting to lose 5-10 vanity pounds.
    Id be more impressed if this works on leaner people than fat people. Having actual excessive fat to lose is far easier than losing that final 5-10 to get ripped.

4. Quote Originally Posted by ax1 View Post
    Id be more impressed if this works on leaner people than fat people. Having actual excessive fat to lose is far easier than losing that final 5-10 to get ripped.
    That all depends...I've already seen a few logs where the guys don't have much fat to lose at all. Now I would like to see some people in at least the 15-20% body fat ranges....

5. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    That all depends...I've already seen a few logs where the guys don't have much fat to lose at all. Now I would like to see some people in at least the 15-20% body fat ranges....
    I see...a variety of logs is nice, I agree. Would be nice to see how well the potential appetite suppressing effect with larger people well.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    All i know is I've cranked up my eating with no ill effects. Felt ok to have Philly cheese steak for lunch so I did. I eat a lot more carbs than I was before and no adverse effects, I am hungry though not sure about the appetite suppression but it appears to have done something good to my metabolism

7. Quote Originally Posted by truthornothin View Post
    All i know is I've cranked up my eating with no ill effects. Felt ok to have Philly cheese steak for lunch so I did. I eat a lot more carbs than I was before and no adverse effects, I am hungry though not sure about the appetite suppression but it appears to have done something good to my metabolism
    I started Ursobolic 2 days ago and dropped my ephedrine cycle. My appetite has decreased since then.

8. Hmm on the fence to include this in my PCT or use endosurge. I know they are completely different but I'm still undecided. Guess it depends on how well people respond to Ursobolic.
    Cutting all summer, cycle in September

9. ???????????????

10. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    I'd like to see how it actually works on a guy with some actual fat to lose. Not some guy/lady wanting to lose 5-10 vanity pounds.
    That would definitely be me... Was at 291 a year ago to this day! Managed to get down to 228 (now back up to 235), with exercise, diet, supplements and a little dabbling in PH's (lasted all of 2.5 weeks before sides became an issue). So far I managed to hit a plateau, so I'm trying UA out to see where it takes me. My log is on another site PHforum .. dsteez419

Quote Originally Posted by ax1 View Post
    I see...a variety of logs is nice, I agree. Would be nice to see how well the potential appetite suppressing effect with larger people well.
    I experienced something similar to the Truth. Great appetite suppression during the day, then BAM munching like crazy at night. I have since added OEP to my stack to further enhance the appeptite suppression, interested in the anti-catabolic effects.. So far I've had two meals today and a handful of cashews and feel like I pigged out at an all you can eat buffet.. definitely have no interest (right now) to eat anything else!

11. Quote Originally Posted by ax1 View Post
    Some of these supplement companies actually put their minimum/maximum dosage suggestions on the product page and the bottle, unfortunately this is a rare occurrence.

Yes, but then you have the problem where companies inflate their dosing requirements way above and beyond what's really needed. I'm skeptical that exact thing isn't happening with Ursobolic.

Did some research (ergo-log.com/ursolicacid.html) and turned up the following gem:

The researchers suspect that ursolic acid's prime target is the IGF-1 receptor. This becomes more sensitive and as a result the IGF-1 that is present in the body works better.
    If my line of reasoning is correct, wouldn't the effects of resistance training on GH and IGF be potentiated by dosing Ursobolic pre- and post-workout? And wouldn't this be the most logical time in which to use a product that potentiates IGF?

12. Anybody have thoughts on this?
    Ursolic acid causes DNA-damage, P53-mediated, mitochondria- and caspase-dependent human endothelial cell apoptosis, and accelerates atherosclerotic plaque formation in vivo
    http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...21915011004606

13. In what context? Apples aren't exactly causing death left and right... right?

14. Quote Originally Posted by TheProfessor View Post
    In what context? Apples aren't exactly causing death left and right... right?
    Too much of anything is bad for you, so I guess it depends on how many apples you eat. Oh yeah, this is a bodybuilding forum though, so there is no such thing as too much right????...

15. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Too much of anything is bad for you, so I guess it depends on how many apples you eat. Oh yeah, this is a bodybuilding forum though, so there is no such thing as too much right????...
    Indubitably.

Apoptosis > Carcinogenesis

16. Quote Originally Posted by ax1 View Post
    Anybody have thoughts on this?
    Ursolic acid causes DNA-damage, P53-mediated, mitochondria- and caspase-dependent human endothelial cell apoptosis, and accelerates atherosclerotic plaque formation in vivo
    http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...21915011004606
    There is also a positive study...both are in vitro stuff so no conclusions imo.

Ursolic acid protects diabetic mice against monocyte dysfunction and accelerated atherosclerosis.
    Ullevig SL, Zhao Q, Zamora D, Asmis R.
    Source

Department of Biochemistry, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX 78229-3900, United States.
    Abstract
    AIMS:

Accelerated atherosclerosis is a major diabetic complication initiated by the enhanced recruitment of monocytes into the vasculature. In this study, we examined the therapeutic potential of the phytonutrients ursolic acid (UA) and resveratrol (RES) in preventing monocyte recruitment and accelerated atherosclerosis.
    METHODS AND RESULTS:

Dietary supplementation with either RES or UA (0.2%) protected against accelerated atherosclerosis induced by streptozotocin in high-fat diet-fed LDL receptor-deficient mice. However, mice that received dietary UA for 11 weeks were significantly better protected and showed a 53% reduction in lesion formation while mice fed a RES-supplemented diet showed only a 31% reduction in lesion size. Importantly, UA was also significantly more effective in preventing the appearance of proinflammatory GR-1(high) monocytes induced by these diabetic conditions and reducing monocyte recruitment into MCP-1-loaded Matrigel plugs implanted into these diabetic mice. Oxidatively stressed THP-1 monocytes mimicked the behavior of blood monocytes in diabetic mice and showed enhanced responsiveness to monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 (MCP-1) without changing MCP-1 receptor (CCR2) surface expression. Pretreatment of THP-1 monocytes with RES or UA (0.3-10μM) for 15h resulted in the dose-dependent inhibition of H(2)O(2)-accelerated chemotaxis in response to MCP-1, but with an IC(50) of 0.4μM, UA was 2.7-fold more potent than RES.
    CONCLUSION:

Dietary UA is a potent inhibitor of monocyte dysfunction and accelerated atherosclerosis induced by diabetes. These studies identify ursolic acid as a potential therapeutic agent for the treatment of diabetic complications, including accelerated atherosclerosis, and provide a novel mechanism for the anti-atherogenic properties of ursolic acid.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21752377

17. I'm not really sure what to say dude. You aren't really asking anything. Are you asking if this will give you heart problems? Cause cell death? Cancer?

I don't believe in studies with mutant mice/rats. They are so effed up to begin with...

18. Quote Originally Posted by TheProfessor View Post
    I'm not really sure what to say dude. You aren't really asking anything. Are you asking if this will give you heart problems? Cause cell death? Cancer?

I don't believe in studies with mutant mice/rats. They are so effed up to begin with...
    Im not asking anything actually other than people thoughts on the study. Thanks for sharing your opinion.

19. Quote Originally Posted by ax1 View Post
    Im not asking anything actually other than people thoughts on the study. Thanks for sharing your opinion.
    Not entirely sure if your post was facetious, I'm not good at the whole forum thing yet, but I still stand by the fact that I hate mutant rat and mice (studies).

20. Quote Originally Posted by TheProfessor View Post
    Not entirely sure if your post was facetious, I'm not good at the whole forum thing yet, but I still stand by the fact that I hate mutant rat and mice (studies).
    No not facetious at all. Sometimes people post studies they run into here in these related threads to continue the dialogue.

Im using Ursobolic as we speak, so my intent isnt to discredit the product either.

21. Quote Originally Posted by ax1 View Post
    I started Ursobolic 2 days ago and dropped my ephedrine cycle. My appetite has decreased since then.
    This is interesting, a drop AFTER Ephedrine? I'd get some ephedrine here in Japan but I read it was recently outlawed because too many ppl OD'd on it..... But that's some good news!
    RecoverBro ELITE

22. Quote Originally Posted by miniarnold View Post
    Thanks, did it cause actual infertility or just reduced sperm motility in the rats, i gather there is a difference?

whats the reccomended minimum effective daily dose, and the maximum?
    Thanks
    it reduced motility. it didnt reduce sperm volume like steroids do.

i did my best guess at dosage ranges and put that on my label. dont remember what they were off top of my head right now
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author

23. Quote Originally Posted by T50 View Post
    Hmm on the fence to include this in my PCT or use endosurge. I know they are completely different but I'm still undecided. Guess it depends on how well people respond to Ursobolic.
    I would think it would depend on what you want out of the product.

EndoSurge will free up some test via SHBG, as well as control prolactin and enhance sleep. Maybe increase GH levels. Some don't think that suppressing SHBG is good because SERMS increase SHBG and that in turn helps the negative feedback loop when you jump off the SERM and increases it's effectiveness in recovery. I can't comment personally though as I've only used EndoSurge in a completely non hormonal period.

Also, Usorbolic, though I'm not sure as it's effects on the HPGA, will not help you control prolactin, or increase test. IMO it's more of a body recomp agent though non HPGA pathways (Yea I dont know if those pathways even exist), but that's the way I see it. I'm going to give it a run in about 5 weeks. Still debating wether or not to make a detailed log or not yet.
    RecoverBro ELITE

24. Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold View Post
    it reduced motility. it didnt reduce sperm volume like steroids do.

i did my best guess at dosage ranges and put that on my label. dont remember what they were off top of my head right now
    You did say you followed a loading protocol though right? Like 1.2g a day down to half or so of that, into more like a maintenance phase? Or did you dose like the whole equivalent to 18caps a day throughout ?
    RecoverBro ELITE

25. Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    You did say you followed a loading protocol though right? Like 1.2g a day down to half or so of that, into more like a maintenance phase? Or did you dose like the whole equivalent to 18caps a day throughout ?
    I don't think he intentionally loaded it. He was using raw powder at the start not capped, in another post I read that his early dosing was haphazard and he settled into the suggested dose.
    E-PHARM Nutrition Representative
    Better one ugly truth than a million pretty lies
    Check Out Ur-Spray and D-Serine at Prototype Nutrition

26. Quote Originally Posted by truthornothin View Post
    I don't think he intentionally loaded it. He was using raw powder at the start not capped, in another post I read that his early dosing was haphazard and he settled into the suggested dose.
    Thanks man! Figured it was something like that!

Hey man, never knew you were a E-pharm rep. congratz!
    RecoverBro ELITE

27. Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    Thanks man! Figured it was something like that!

Hey man, never knew you were a E-pharm rep. congratz!
    As of this afternoon, thanks

28. Quote Originally Posted by truthornothin View Post
    As of this afternoon, thanks
    Hehe nice, hope the Ursobolic run goes well. I ordered from Amazon but I got no shipping confirmation... been like a week. Thinking of cancelling and ordering through SP.... then I can get it shipped to me in Japan... Amazon wouldn't let me...had it shipped to my Hawaii address...
    RecoverBro ELITE

29. Quote Originally Posted by ax1 View Post
    No not facetious at all. Sometimes people post studies they run into here in these related threads to continue the dialogue.

Im using Ursobolic as we speak, so my intent isnt to discredit the product either.
    Most of the studies I have found are positive especially regarding cancer prevention this one on prostate cancer got my attention, my dad had prostate cancer. This caught my interest
    Ursolic Acid Suppresses Interleukin-17 (IL-17) Production by Selectively Antagonizing the Function of RORγt Protein*
    Tao Xu‡,1, Xiaohu Wang§,1,2, Bo Zhong§, Roza I. Nurieva§,3, Sheng Ding‡,4 and Chen Dong§,5
    + Author Affiliations

From the ‡Gladstone Institute of Cardiovascular Disease, Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, University of California, San Francisco, California 94158 and
    the §Department of Immunology and Center for Inflammation and Cancer, M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030
    ↵4 Supported by funding from the National Institutes of Health through NICHD, NHLBI, and the National Institute of Mental Health, the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine, the Prostate Cancer Foundation, Fate Therapeutics, the Esther B. O'Keeffe Foundation, and the Scripps Research Institute. To whom correspondence may be addressed. E-mail: [email protected].
    ↵5 Supported by grants from the National Institutes of Health through NIAMS, the Leukemia and Lymphoma, Society, and the M.D. Anderson Cancer Center. To whom correspondence may be addressed. E-mail: [email protected].
    ↵1 Both authors contributed equally to this work.

Abstract

Th17 cells have recently emerged as a major player in inflammatory and autoimmune diseases via the production of pro-inflammatory cytokines IL-17, IL-17F, and IL-22. The differentiation of Th17 cells and the associated cytokine production is directly controlled by RORγt. Here we show that ursolic acid (UA), a small molecule present in herbal medicine, selectively and effectively inhibits the function of RORγt, resulting in greatly decreased IL-17 expression in both developing and differentiated Th17 cells. In addition, treatment with UA ameliorated experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis. The results thus suggest UA as a valuable drug candidate or leading compound for developing treatments of Th17-mediated inflammatory diseases and cancer.

Cytokine Immunology Inflammation Nuclear Receptors Transcription Regulation RORg Th17
    Footnotes

↵2 Recipient of a National Multiple Sclerosis Society (NMSS) postdoctoral fellowship.
    ↵3 Supported by NIH through NIAID.
    ↵* A patent disclosure has been filed by M.D. Anderson Cancer Center based on the results of this paper.
    ↵ The on-line version of this article (available at http://www.jbc.org) contains supplemental Figs. S1 and S2.
    Received April 12, 2011.
    Revision received May 4, 2011.
    © 2011 by The American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Inc.
    CiteULike Connotea Delicious Digg Facebook Google+ LinkedIn Mendeley Twitter
    What's this?

30. Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    Hehe nice, hope the Ursobolic run goes well. I ordered from Amazon but I got no shipping confirmation... been like a week. Thinking of cancelling and ordering through SP.... then I can get it shipped to me in Japan... Amazon wouldn't let me...had it shipped to my Hawaii address...
    I bought mine from amazon, 2 bottles for $45 had it in three days. Oh well the price you pay for being in first. I am eating more carbs and just more recklessly in general thus far to know ill effect, been starving myself to stay cut through the summer months. Eating is good,eating what I want even better, within reason

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. anyone try e-pharm amp
    By witt51 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-10-2011, 08:44 PM
  2. E-PHARM/ERGOPHARM
    By fanzdslpwr in forum E-Pharm Nutrition
    Replies: 19