Classy and competition ready!

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Ok I'm starting this log here as the beginning of a competition ready body.

I believe for the meantime I'm going to leave the Var in. I'll use a variety of supps as time rolls on. I think this will be a longterm goal. I will not be competing but would like to be in the best shape I can be at the drop of a hat. That way if we have shows come up at the last minute, I will look the part.

I have a lovely case of the flu starting this log. Maybe a touch of bronchitis. But I went and hit leg day with Natalie.

She knew I was sick so she took it a little bit easier on me for actually showing up. I also plan to look at training with her long term. I think she will help me achieve my goals in no time.

She does not allow me to put my routines down so I can only give highlights. Her classes are all a combo of plyometrics, weights and super setting. All my training lasts 45 min.

Mon-legs
T-Shoulders
Wed-chest
Thur-back
Fri-arms

On to today..I took my Var dose for the first time since the Arnold. I also had a week off the gym. She killed me like I thought. The worst part for me was the leg extensions supersetted with walking lunges and straight in to jumping jack lunges.

We also did single legged squats and deadlifts. By this time as I had feared I was feeling VERY sick. I was afraid I would not finish. She let me skip the last exercise because she thought I would be to sick to do it. She sent me to finish with calves 3 sets of 30. I was unable to finish my last set..I ended up in the bathroom fighting getting sick:( But I got leg day behind me!!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've skipped last 2 workouts due to flu/upper respiratory something. it blows, I should have just powered thru it. working out light would have been better than not working out at all i think

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Well I figured I had no choice. I set myself the starting date of today to jump back in the training ring with her. Matt and I only hit the gym 1 day last week. So illness robbed me of too many days already. It was very hard to get done today. I hope I can get over this very soon. I'm tired of being sick. This is my second time in a month.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Im in on this one. I really hope i keep the flu away, ive got everything dialed in for me right now. Get better though C and sounds like your trainer is an awesome one!

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yeah she is an awesome trainer. You love her when its over but she drives you hard while you train.
www.mikedaviesfitness.com is her home..lol. Natalie Calland is the trainer:: I am the slave:::

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
Crader (no perv honest question..well ok a lil perv) do you have before and after pics up yet?

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I have some in the finish of my other log. I had a pic from the Arnold up. And i had a picture from before my training in Oct somewhere in all that log;)

I plan on putting up maybe monthly pics in this log so I can visually guage my progress. The first pics i do for this one will be in say 2 weeks or so. I went off diet for since the Arnold and I have the flu so I'm bloated from the meds and not pic ready.

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
I have some in the finish of my other log. I had a pic from the Arnold up. And i had a picture from before my training in Oct somewhere in all that log;)

I plan on putting up maybe monthly pics in this log so I can visually guage my progress. The first pics i do for this one will be in say 2 weeks or so. I went off diet for since the Arnold and I have the flu so I'm bloated from the meds and not pic ready.
Linky?:blink:

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Kick some azz as usual christine! :squat::)

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Shoulder day: We did 4 sets of shoulder extensions straight into presses. We also did them standing on those wiggly ab boards....then we got to do my favorite. We had to assume push-up position and shake the board side to side 30 times and then do a push up for a total of 10 reps..this is so hard especially by the third set.

We also did front shrugs with barbells straight into a half side extension..15 reps 4 times with 100 of the push-up position side to side things and then into 30 mountain climbers. woo hoo!

Those are a few highlights since I can't do my whole routine:( We finished with 3 sets of 30 laying leg raises.

Where I was super tired and wiped out with strength LOW. I did NOT get sick!!!yay!!

The trainer says I've lost weight by eye. However the scale says up 2lbs. One of them is crazy! Unless its muscle, which I'm skeptical about due to the week off with only 1 day of training in that week.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
She was dressed all in skintight black at the gym today. Made it hard to concentrate on MY workout.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
She was dressed all in skintight black at the gym today. Made it hard to concentrate on MY workout.
I bet you had a new P.R. with "no hand" curls, though.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I bet you had a new P.R. with "no hand" curls, though.
It was back day, so I kept bumping painfully into the leg holder while doing pulldowns.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It was back day, so I kept bumping painfully into the leg holder while doing pulldowns.
This is why I prefer to do weighted pullups. Heck, I've even got something to hold the plates for me.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This is why I prefer to do weighted pullups. Heck, I've even got something to hold the plates for me.
How hard can it be to keep those 2 1/2s from falling?

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Lol we have a few beefy women there. We have one who powerlifts in competitions she can squat around 405lbs...nice as can be though.

I'm training for shape though this time. So I'm not as worried about the numbers, but what I see in the mirror!

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
do these beefy women have hair on their nuts?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Today is shoulders and leg shaping day.

I added in the B12 and B6 again. I'm just dragging. Exhausted all day long. I added a single pill of my Reloaded in.

I'm adding things back in very slowly to access my stomach:) My main goal is to get my energy back.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to boxmeman again.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Today is shoulders and leg shaping day.

I added in the B12 and B6 again. I'm just dragging. Exhausted all day long. I added a single pill of my Reloaded in.

I'm adding things back in very slowly to access my stomach:) My main goal is to get my energy back.
B12 should definitely help nicely. I have the wife taking it too, and she notes significant improvement over the last month.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
how are you takign the b12? I was looking at the sublinguals. I take around 300mg of b6 a day now as p-5-p

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
how are you takign the b12? I was looking at the sublinguals. I take around 300mg of b6 a day now as p-5-p
Have you had your level checked Easy?

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'm taking the B12 in plain old capsule form, 2000mcg of B12 time released. The B6 i'm only taking 50 mcg I believe. I'm only taking it to drop water weight that my flu medicine has caused me to retain. Well That and i do bloat on Var, just lucky I guess.

However I would not be opposed to injectible B12.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Shoulder day: Today was good. I wasnt as tired. I was still feeling good when she finished.

For leg shaping I did 10 deadlifts supersetted with cable crossovers at 30lbs x 15 for 4 sets. I did side to side jumping jack lunges 10 on each side supersetted with decline dumbell presses at 15 reps x 4 sets. We did stationary lunges 10 per leg supersetted with overhead barbell extensions.

We did chest presses with 6 walkouts on the floor. Machines pec deck..etc.. It felt like an easy night to me.

Tomorrow is back day..can't wait for that. I have had a crampish constant pain in the middle of my left side for a week. I've tried everything. I'm hoping to work it out tomorrow!!

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
Good stuff Crader - I should see if I can get the mrs. Neoborn reading your stuff ;) She just started working out, man she's an animal, she's showing me how to be the man in the relationship :ntome:

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Good stuff Crader - I should see if I can get the mrs. Neoborn reading your stuff ;) She just started working out, man she's an animal, she's showing me how to be the man in the relationship :ntome:
You have to lead by example, neo! :stick:

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So you are going to change your catchphrase to "Much Pegging"?

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I had Matt measure my bicep and i'm at 12 3/4 inches. Now honestly I'm not looking to get any bigger. If anything i would like to see better definition. But its a good measurement to put me where I want to be in size when I drop the var.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cold, flexed measurement for those interested.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I had Matt measure my bicep and i'm at 12 3/4 inches. Now honestly I'm not looking to get any bigger. If anything i would like to see better definition. But its a good measurement to put me where I want to be in size when I drop the var.
Very impressive C!

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'm whipped, the girl I used to train with came out of the class before me and said"you are going to have fun" while she laughed.

Back Day: It was me and the trainer alone. I hate that, gives you little break. We started with wide grip low rows at 80lbs x 15 for 4 sets.

We then went to v grip handle pulldowns to the chest at 60 x 15 three times then 80 x 10 for one. We did pull ups super wide grip x6 for 4 times...very hard with the wider reverse grip.

We did the cables with me sitting on a box in middle and pulling the cables in and twisting them for 15. Supersetted with bent over dumbell rows at 40lbs for 6 4 times. Did a bunch of pop squats and other things....wish I could write my routines:(

She was grumpy today, I was grumpy today:) PMS all the way around!

She wants me to do 20 min of am cardio and 20 mins of pm cardio...yay!

Cool note on Sun she has a photo shoot to be in Ironman magazine.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow, that's all kinds of PMS.

I've been feeling a little moody today as well. (PMS?)

Double days are great, though. They'll really jack up the metabolism for ya.